Home

MyLeague/MyGM Rule Changes

This is a discussion on MyLeague/MyGM Rule Changes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2016, 09:40 AM   #1
Pro

InRodWeTrust's Arena

OVR: 5
MyLeague/MyGM Rule Changes

Could we get a thread on all of the possible rule changes that have been approved/rejected in MyLeague/MyGM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague/MyGM Rule Changes

Good idea. I remember a few off the top of my head but I know I took a screenshot of some of them -- will post here when I get off work.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Here's one. A few of these that I've come across have NCAA rules attached to them, like this one.

And this one I found particularly interesting too, as it was pretty extreme in some cases -- the elimination of the draft lottery for one, which would have sent the NBA back to the late 70s/early80s in terms of teams tanking for the first overall pick. Notice too that "Years to new CBA" also changed from 2 to 4; it seems randomly generated.

And then this one here has some gameplay rules that change; increasing the shot clock to 45 seconds sounds insane, that's more than college has!

Old 09-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Would be amazing if they added a way to force add any of these rules at any point in time.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Here's one. A few of these that I've come across have NCAA rules attached to them, like this one.

And this one I found particularly interesting too, as it was pretty extreme in some cases -- the elimination of the draft lottery for one, which would have sent the NBA back to the late 70s/early80s in terms of teams tanking for the first overall pick. Notice too that "Years to new CBA" also changed from 2 to 4; it seems randomly generated.

And then this one here has some gameplay rules that change; increasing the shot clock to 45 seconds sounds insane, that's more than college has!

Correct me if I'm wrong - but adjusting that goaltending rule would be representative of proper FIBA rules right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I would love to add that 1+1 Bonus rule.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

A shame there's no way to move the three-point arc further back, or to eliminate the restricted-area arc under the basket, likely due to the way court texture files are saved. It could make the 15-footer have a purpose again, by encouraging more physical play.

I once saw another for eliminating backcourt violations, which I not only approve of in real life, but I applaud in the game, because I've had so many turnovers when passing the ball to someone on the midcourt stripe...

Another one I approve of that's in the game? Eliminating the Mark Jackson Rule, AKA the "5 seconds back-to-basket" thing. (Surprised that's named for a point guard and not a big man...)

Is the option to eliminate "offensive basket interference" (AKA offensive goaltending) in the game? That rule was put in because of Wilt, and to the best of my knowledge, the NBA is the only pro league in the WORLD that has it.

Oh, and the college shot clock was ORIGINALLY 45 seconds, but was later shortened to 35, and today it's 30. To this day, you have college fans moaning "thanks a LOT, Dean Smith" for the shot clock existing at all (to counter the Four Corners set).
Seriously, I know of a lot of college fans whining "If I wanted to watch the NBA, I'd watch the NBA. Don't mess with the game."

Last edited by Trackball; 09-21-2016 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added the college shot clock factoid
Old 09-21-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Spoiler
It just hit me...does a new CBA 'do' anything? Does it really exist in the game outside of being a (seemingly randomly generated) number on that screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula15
Correct me if I'm wrong - but adjusting that goaltending rule would be representative of proper FIBA rules right?
Correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »