Home

NBA 2K24 The Rec Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 The Rec Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2023, 02:22 AM   #1
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
NBA 2K24 The Rec Thread

You guys had a thread specifically about the Rec last year. Figured I'd go ahead and jumpstart the 2K24 thread.

I only played a handful of rec games in 2K23. I hated it. I hated playing against full squads who needed to go play Pro-AM. I hated playing with duos or trio squads who would play buddy ball and not dish the rock.

I'm LOVING the Rec so far in 2K24, and it's for one simple reason: 2K had the sense to create a 'no squads' facet of the Rec, so now you and other solo players play together.

Now, it can still potentially be an absolute, uncordinated mess, but I just started playing the Rec last night, five games in, and three out of five of those games my teammates are playing team ball. I've been having a great time!

I have two builds so far. A 2-way stretch PF, and then for my rebirth I made a defensive anchor PF to the tune of a Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace-esque player. What I lack offensively, I make up for it through defensive prowess, rebounding and dishing the ball.

I love doing the dirty work. I've noticed most players neglect offensive rebounding, but there was a series in a game tonight where I racked up six offensive boards in a row because my team kept missing shots and I kept kicking it back out to them till they finally nailed a triple. It was fun, though, because my little 6'8" PF was grabbing those rebounds over taller opponents. My defensive anchor has a 90 vert, 90 strength and both offensive and defensive rebounding in the 90s.

Once I build up enough VC through playing, I'll probably make a guard build. I love the defensive anchor particularly for rec because I know I'll be seeing some action no matter what.

How are you guys, who are playing in the Rec, liking it so far?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 03:16 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 The Rec Thread

No squad rec is awesome.

Its an absolute cluster**** and anything does happen lol.

Just working on getting the timing of the shots down.

1 game im greening everything and next game its brickcity lmao

Going against guys who have the badges is tough.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2023, 07:51 AM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

No squads Rec is awesome for playing by myself, but it is unfortunate that it’s seemingly made playing with friends a lot less fun. I admittedly haven’t been around to play with my friends yet but it sounds like you basically have to have 5 when you enter the squads lobby because otherwise you’ll get AI teammates, and it’s pretty much all zone defense in there which just isn’t fun.

Huge win for solo queue folks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-18-2023, 06:39 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I understand improving the Rec bots, but they can’t miss…Literally out here leading teams in scoring lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2023, 05:22 AM   #5
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

How are you guys doing, shooting the ball, after the most recent patch?

I'm hitting at a better clip now than what I was before. I don't have any stats in front of me, but I've been more consistent.

Also, I'm staying at 92ovr for as long as possible. Lol. Not sure if this is common 2K knowledge or what, so forgive me, but once you go to 93ovr, you are in the different, higher rated matchmaking pool for rec. I'm not quite ready to get that sweaty yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2023, 08:36 AM   #6
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
How are you guys doing, shooting the ball, after the most recent patch?

I'm hitting at a better clip now than what I was before. I don't have any stats in front of me, but I've been more consistent.

Also, I'm staying at 92ovr for as long as possible. Lol. Not sure if this is common 2K knowledge or what, so forgive me, but once you go to 93ovr, you are in the different, higher rated matchmaking pool for rec. I'm not quite ready to get that sweaty yet.
Yeah shooting has felt easy to me this year, even with a 74 three point rating...but I do see a ton of people struggling. The thing about 92 and under is that you have worse teammates lol I mostly play no squad and it doesn't feel sweaty at all.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2023, 01:48 AM   #7
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Finally got my feet wet.

Played about ten games on my 6'10 PF. Won a fair share. I was cool at the 4 until they put me at the 5 one time. That was enough.

Made a SF 6'8. Used the Jayson Tatum template but made some changes. Played 2 games with him and I like him a lot.

I don't care for the fact that I can green everything in career but immediately had to look up a jumper for online. Ehhh...

Every year I HAVE to use the meta jumper or I'm at a disadvantage....
Old 10-21-2023, 03:11 AM   #8
MVP

tru11's Arena

Meh any jumper is more about what works for you.

On my C I actually use a jumper with A- speed because it fits how i push the button.

I could go up to A+ and ise jared jackson release but i hate his release and the release height although he is the meta for fast releases.

I actually hate how people are now finding the durant base.

I used it last year with duncan and dirk and this year its a tad slower but still money.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »