Home

please boycott nba 2k24 on pc

This is a discussion on please boycott nba 2k24 on pc within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-08-2023, 04:19 PM   #1
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
please boycott nba 2k24 on pc

we need to make a sign towards 2k sports. i beg everyone DO NOT BUY NBA 2K24 ON PC. this game is full price even though they likely did Not implement any developments (at least when I Compare 2k23 to the current gen ps5/xbox Series s/x Version of the game) and it will just be the same game with tweaked gameplay where none of the (defensive) settings that actually work on current gen ps5/xbox Series s/x are implemented.

make a sign towards 2k: if they dont want to put in the effort of givong us the current Version of the game, then they have to live with gross Profits going down Hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2023, 04:23 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: please boycott nba 2k24 on pc

I think they should remove MyCareer from the PC version and keep everything else intact. Solves the cheating problem lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2023, 04:33 PM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I think they should remove MyCareer from the PC version and keep everything else intact. Solves the cheating problem lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah maybe. but we have my career in 2k24. So this is where my proposal of boycot comes into play
Old 07-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #4
Rookie

I've been boycotting NBA 2K on PC ever since I bought a console lmao
Old 07-08-2023, 08:11 PM   #5
Rookie

meh, 2k won't be bothered by it. wanna make a statement? walk into 2k headquarters with a bomb strapped to your chest. that's literally the only thing that will get their attention over the pc version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2023, 03:08 AM   #6
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclazaris84
I know you're joking but I'd cool it with that sorta talk. People are crazy these days.

As to the topic, is it 'boycotting' to simply not buy something you already own? Usually boycotting entails some element of sacrifice (e.g., "Nestle is evil so I'm going to carefully avoid Nestle products, even if I enjoy them"). If 2K24 were old-gen but nevertheless contained some radically new features (as 2K23 did coming from 2K22), that'd be one thing, but if it's essentially the same as 2K23 -- except with Jordan Challenge replaced by Mamba Moments -- what's the sacrifice in skipping it? I had no intention of buying 2K23 either, but they legitimately added a ton of functionality to the game that I couldn't pass up (mostly derived from their work on MyNBA Eras). It's difficult for me to imagine what they could possibly add this year (to old-gen) that rises to that level.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:14 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
we need to make a sign towards 2k sports. i beg everyone DO NOT BUY NBA 2K24 ON PC. this game is full price even though they likely did Not implement any developments (at least when I Compare 2k23 to the current gen ps5/xbox Series s/x Version of the game) and it will just be the same game with tweaked gameplay where none of the (defensive) settings that actually work on current gen ps5/xbox Series s/x are implemented.

make a sign towards 2k: if they dont want to put in the effort of givong us the current Version of the game, then they have to live with gross Profits going down Hard.

I usually get it, but I'm gonna get the PS5 version and put the money on VC lol. Blah at PC for now. You should jump on Ps5, too or xbox if that's what you running on. Sad but true, even tho PC is amazing, 2k just ain't it on PC right now. They are dropping the ball in real time. It used to be like 20 so it was a no brainer, but who in the world would pay full price for that CG garbanzo ??? Even on sale it's DUM. I mean, I guess I'm not in my right mind haha, but I'm not buying it. Not a boycott per se, but there's no reason to. It's not offering anything.

PC should be its own thing. It's not. Sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ232323
I've been boycotting NBA 2K on PC ever since I bought a console lmao

I come in here w/ long posts, but some times people do it in one line. THIS IS BASICALLY IT. Get u NG console, better competition, good games... etc.

-Smak
Old 07-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
I usually get it, but I'm gonna get the PS5 version and put the money on VC lol. Blah at PC for now. You should jump on Ps5, too or xbox if that's what you running on.

-Smak

i do not own any console and I am certainly not planning buying one just to be able to play NBA 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »