Home

Layup defense strength at take off/release?

This is a discussion on Layup defense strength at take off/release? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Layup defense strength at take off/release?

So I am just wondering what are you guys using this at? I fell like I am getting pretty good results with getting into the paint at a good enough rate and with 3 pt shooting and getting open shots. This is one thing I am still trying to figure out. I am also wondering if it might make it so there are more fouls if its up higher. In real life you basically have a few things that can happen when going for a layup.

1. It gets blocked
2. Its a easy uncontested layup
3. Player gets fouled
4. It's a more hard layup that is contested with out being fouled

I am trying to find a balance between those 4. With these sliders at 50 I find way to many of 2 happing leading too high of PIP and too high of FG% in the paint shots. I have been trying 65 now for several games and I think I am starting to get a little more of 4 helping to make PIP a little more realistic and helping to drop fg% in the paint to a little more of a realistic level. I tried a game at 70 and I think I might be seeing a little too much of 4. Thinking between 65-70 might be good but not sure. Was going to try a few games at 72 and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »