Home

Smirkin Dirk 'plug and play' XBX roster

This is a discussion on Smirkin Dirk 'plug and play' XBX roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-07-2021, 02:54 AM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I do mine every year. I spend maybe 2-3 weeks but I want to play the game so Im not super careful with detail. I get it 'fairly accurate' rather than 100% sim.

What Ive done
Sig shots. I scour the best from around the net. This includes some lay up an dunk packages. I basically got rid of the small guard lay up package. They were too slow and looked like me laying it in.
Ratings and tendencies. These I get fairly accurate. I know other use scales and precise calculations but I know there will be variables so I go for feel rather than precise accuracy. So I make sure Simmons doesnt shoot, want Demar lighting up from mid range, Harden off the dribble etc.players shoot from their spots etc etc.
Badges. Some of these were way off. Gone through and fixed them (Eliminated catch and shoot, and corner shooter badge...CPU corner 3s are aut-****ing-matic).
Playtypes/some minor additions to playbooks. Again, default, they're weird. Fixed these up and ensured the plays are available for play types. Done some team specific things with these aswell (e.g put Lonzo's main play type as 3 point to keep the ball more in Demar and Lavine's hands)
Rotations.Team rotations to get the best experience. e.g. Giannis at the 5, Ive brought back the GSW death line up, AD at the 5 in some places, Zion at the 5, staggering stars
Team play styles Teams with good post players have got the play through post preference. Zion and Vucevic took me to the woodshed.
Play initiators Fixed these up.

Weaknesses of this roster
Basically the bottom 5 players on every team. I don't anticipate them playing much so I don't bother. Also, I don't bother with sig shots with players who don't shoot (Bigs and Simmons)
I don't touch contracts, accessories.
Generally speaking, Orlando and OKC ratings and tendencies. Terrence Ross, Shai Im familiar with. The rest...sheesh.
Playbooks, are default with some additions to accommodate play types.

Ive tested probably 20 teams and have only had to make small changes when Ive tested them, so its playing really well.

Gamertag is Smirkin Dirk.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 10-07-2021 at 02:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 09:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Smirkin Dirk 'plug and play' XBX roster

Two rosters?

Difference
Old 10-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
Two rosters?

Difference

Use the one with ‘no cas’ or whatever in the title.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I like your style so I’m definitely gonna try these out

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Starting my Bulls MyLeague trying this out. Do you have any sliders recommendations to go with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2021, 06:41 PM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Starting my Bulls MyLeague trying this out. Do you have any sliders recommendations to go with?

Too many variables based on the user.

Ive reduced jumpshot defense to increase contested shots going in. Lowered hands and ball security to generate more loose balls, steals and tips.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 10-09-2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #7
MVP

Been using your roster and it’s awesome, tweaking some sliders for defense has it playing great, major props!

Old 10-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #8
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Been using your roster and it’s awesome, tweaking some sliders for defense has it playing great, major props!

Yep, having some awesome games with slight slider tweaks as well. Get a nice balance of shooting from everyone, rather than just one player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »