Home

Rage quitting

This is a discussion on Rage quitting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-03-2024, 02:31 PM   #1
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Rage quitting

So, has anyone ever blew a lead late in the game when it looked like a sure win, only to rage quit. Then, go back and replay the game later on when you've calmed down, get a win, then feel like that win is tainted some how because it's one you shouldn't have got?

I typically don't quit and take whatever result that I get. But I was ahead by 2 runs and then they put up 6 on me in the 8th and for some reason I just said screw it and shut the system off. Now because I did that I'm feeling like I need to start my franchise over because I have a win I shouldn't have. But, I've played 3 1/2 weeks worth of games in my franchise and that would be hard to start back over from scratch. Anyone else found themselves in this particular situation?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2024, 02:58 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rage quitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
So, has anyone ever blew a lead late in the game when it looked like a sure win, only to rage quit. Then, go back and replay the game later on when you've calmed down, get a win, then feel like that win is tainted some how because it's one you shouldn't have got?

I typically don't quit and take whatever result that I get. But I was ahead by 2 runs and then they put up 6 on me in the 8th and for some reason I just said screw it and shut the system off. Now because I did that I'm feeling like I need to start my franchise over because I have a win I shouldn't have. But, I've played 3 1/2 weeks worth of games in my franchise and that would be hard to start back over from scratch. Anyone else found themselves in this particular situation?
I don’t. I almost let a fielder stay in to pitch the other day I was getting my butt beat so bad. That’s what makes this game so great, I think. Maybe just quick manage to the end and then back at it next game. Don’t start over….way too early in the season. I love that I’m allowed to make some boneheaded decisions, leave a pitcher in one batter too many, override auto baserunning only to screw up an inning, but bring the OF in to gun down a tag up, etc. For me, it’s all good. This game is FUN, good, bad, and the ugly.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 06-03-2024 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2024, 03:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've done that before and had that exact same feeling. I usually just grind through it.

Funny thing is, the few times I've rage quit this year is because I was doing too well. I had one game where I had hit like five homers in the first three innings and I was like "yeah, no, this isn't fun" and rage quit.
Old 06-03-2024, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

I live with my errors as long and it's baseball related, even when I forget to point to my 1st base runner to steal second and I have a runner on 3rd.

Only few times I restarted a Franchise game is when some external event cost me the game or at least several points ( someone ringing at the door, the dog being sick, important phone calls and I forget to set it on pause, GF argumentation on who's turn for dishes etc..) . Yes all those happened to me IRL
Old 06-03-2024, 03:50 PM   #5
MVP

Glad I'm not the only one who has done this. Hopefully I'll get a few more games in and completely forget about it. I know if I restart that I'd never be able to get back into it like I am now so it would be a mistake.

I normally only play on my weekends. My wife works during my days off, and we don't have kids so I usually play then without distractions, other than my dog barking at everything she sees out the window. But that particular day was a work day and my wife was out of town, so I said why not, I'll play a game when I get home. I'd worked 6am to 430pm and was really way too tired to be playing to begin with. I lost my concentration and left my starter in for the 8th without anyone warmed up when his stamina was in the yellow. He gave up 2 hits then it all just snowballed from there. I've learned my lesson about playing after work. lol
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2024, 03:55 PM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I may have when I was younger although I don’t recall any specific time. But now being older, what happens happens. I just let it be and start fresh the next day.

What I used to do specifically in the Show is if I was getting beat so bad I would just plunk batter after batter after batter lol.
Old 06-03-2024, 04:01 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I may have when I was younger although I don’t recall any specific time. But now being older, what happens happens. I just let it be and start fresh the next day.

What I used to do specifically in the Show is if I was getting beat so bad I would just plunk batter after batter after batter lol.
That's the first time I had done it in years. Like I said in my last post I think I wasn't in much of a mood to even be playing that day. I'll just chalk it up to a lesson learned. lol
Old 06-03-2024, 04:02 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I've done that before and had that exact same feeling. I usually just grind through it.

Funny thing is, the few times I've rage quit this year is because I was doing too well. I had one game where I had hit like five homers in the first three innings and I was like "yeah, no, this isn't fun" and rage quit.
I know what you mean on the doing too well thing. Aaron Judge is batting .455 right now and I find myself hoping he has a hitless game because that's so unrealistic. Everyone else has normal averages but he's hitting everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »