Home

Attribute Difference Ball Carrier vs Awarness

This is a discussion on Attribute Difference Ball Carrier vs Awarness within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-06-2024, 09:22 AM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Attribute Difference Ball Carrier vs Awarness

For years I have struggled with Ball Carrier Vision and Awareness rating.

I assume Awareness is how " Smart" the AI controlled player reacts to situations on the field without the interference of human input.

Wouldn't Ball Carrier Vision be the same?

Pick a run play or pass. Allow the CPU to take control of the play after the snap, and the CPU should be able to "See" the running lane or open area of the field.

Trying to make sense of some.of the player rating but then I seem end up chasing my own tail.

Don't get me started with rating for olinemen. They have Pass Block and Run Block ratings. OK I get that, I'm not lose yet. But then you have Run Block power, Run Block finesse and pass Block power and pass Block finesse. Here is where it truley gets confusing.

All in all.... I kinda wish EA would go away from a numerical rating system. Can you really tell the difference between a ball carrier with 80 juke vs a guy with 87 juke?

They could keep it more simple and give attributes a rating system like the 2K. bronze, silver, and Gold.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2024, 04:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Attribute Difference Ball Carrier vs Awarness

Just a heads up for the OL

The Run Block and Pass Block rating are only used for Simulation. They do not effect played games.

Doing the actual gameplay user vs cpu or cpu vs cpu that's when Run Block/Pass Block Power & Finesse ratings take over .

These ratings match vs the DL Power Move/Finesse Move Ratings

Example

OL Pass Block Power vs DL Power Move Rating on a Pass Play.

These Ratings have essentially just been renamed over the years.

EA used to label them Run/Pass Footwork Ratings

Awareness effects all players but the biggest impact of the rating is on the QB's.

Awareness for example helps a DB/LB to recognize when the ball is in the Air in order to make a play on the ball.

Ball Carrier vision rating is used to determine the path a ball carrier will take on the field. Higher vision rating helps to recognize open paths. Lower vision ratings and carrier will not recognize open lanes as easily.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »