Home

Classic Stadiums...

This is a discussion on Classic Stadiums... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-05-2024, 02:24 PM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Classic Stadiums...

Been thinking about this for some time now, is there any particular reason Madden cannot implement older classic stadiums into the game?

Would it be some sort of licensing issue? I know that in MUT they can use players of different eras (obviously not their likeness) but what about stadiums?

I for one would love to be able to go back to Three Rivers Stadium, or play the Brownies at Municipal Stadium...or

Chargers-Jack Murphy Stadium
Vikings- Metrodome
Oilers- Astrodome
Dolphins-The Orange Bowl
Seahawks-Kingdome

Complete with the astro turf look as well as using the baseball diamonds in some of the stadiums.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Classic Stadiums...

It might be related to licensing somehow. They had the old Oakland Stadium in Madden 23 for the Madden memorial game but there was no way to play it in any other mode, as far as I could see.
Old 06-06-2024, 01:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't think it is any other issue other than they simply do not want to use the time and resources to do it. I would love for classic stadiums to be in the game, but I just do not think it is something EA has any interest in.

I would love the ability to create stadiums. Then we could make the stadiums we want in the game. But again, I do not think that will happen either. Just not a priority for them.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:53 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I've wondered about this for a long-time as well. I'd love to be able to play in Candlestick Park (the inspiration for my username), Texas Stadium, or even pre-renovation Soldier Field.

At the bare minimum, I don't understand why they couldn't have kept stadiums in the game that were vacated relatively recently. By that, I mean Tiburon could've kept, say, the Oakland Coliseum and LA Coliseum in the game after Madden 20. This is something that SDS does with MLB The Show; after the Braves left Turner Field it was kept in the game as "Old Atlanta", for example.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »