Home

Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

This is a discussion on Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-10-2024, 04:24 PM   #153
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

Old 05-10-2024, 05:23 PM   #154
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Seattle -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Seahawks fanatics. In this blog, I have some tidbits, musings and rumors to discuss. I’ll be doing a weekly report on all things related the Seattle Seahawks. That could be an injury take, trade takes and even mock draft takes as the season progresses. Hope you join the discussion!

• Ah, the Scouting Combine, where grown men parade around in tight spandex, showcasing their physical prowess in a spectacle that's equal parts athleticism and awkwardness. The Seattle Seahawks seem particularly enamoured with this peculiar form of job interview, where the ability to sprint in skin-tight gear apparently correlates with success on the field. Who needs a traditional suit and tie when you can impress potential employers with your ability to stretch Lycra to its limits?

I’m going to separate which prospects spent time interviewing with the Seattle Seahawks. As usual, my ranks will be descending in their projection of which rounds they will go. Due to the sheer size of the men in spandex they interviewed, I’ve kept it mostly the first two rounds.

So without further ado, let’s find out my thoughts.

Quarterbacks

The Seahawks are selecting 28th overall, which is an awkward position. Who they’ll select is out of their control and it depends on what happens early in the draft and the dominoes falling after that. I’m not surprised they interviewed Cam Ward, who’s likely off the board with the top 10 picks. Quinn Ewers is an interesting name. Do the Seahawks go BPA if they can’t get any of their guys? Cam Ward was mocked to them in their first mock draft. Leonard was mocked to them in their latest and Quinn Ewers was a late round pick. My thoughts are Seattle won’t select a quarterback unless none of their guys are available.

Outside Linebackers

The Seahawks need a ton of help with their edge rushers. They traded for Sam Williams at the deadline, probably trading away Dre’Mont Jones and Uchenna Nwosu as nobody particularly was great at getting to the quarterback apart from Sam Williams and Leonard Williams. Also, the jury is still out on Boye Mafe and Uchenna Nwosu isn’t the long term answer. The Seahawks reportedly love Abdul Carter; but he’s unlikely to make it to the back end of the draft. Seattle will have to move up to acquire him. Seattle also reportedly like David Bailey and Josiaiah Stewart.

Defensive ends

Seattle runs a 3-4 disguise system, so they also operate a couple of 4-3 formations. Seattle’s defensive ends are overpaid and underperforming. If they don’t look to rectify this in free agency, they may look to the draft for upgrades. From what I’ve heard, the Seahawks like Dani Dennis-Sutton as a day two selection. Mykel Williams is one of their favourite prospects. He could be their selection in round one if he’s available.

Safeties

One of the worst kept secrets of the scouting combine. Seattle spent significant time with Malaki Starks in Indianapolis. They’re scheduled a dinner date with him at his Pro Day later next month. One of the betting favourites to go to Seattle if he’s available. They may have to trade up to get him. He’s been mocked from 12-21st in ESPN’s mock drafts. Seattle aren’t going to re-sign Julian Love, so they’re going to need someone to take that starting spot. Starks is a prospect who can come in and be a day 1 starter – similar to Earl Thomas.

Guards

Reiley Rieff is ancient (36 years old) and Anthony Bradford is probably maxed out on his potential. I don’t believe Seattle will draft an offensive lineman in the first round for the second consecutive season but they might have to with who’s remaining on the board. From what I’ve heard, they like first round prospect DJ Campbell; but do they like him enough to sacrifice a first round pick with needs at other areas that need addressing. How ‘bout Jonah Savaiinaea who repped out 43 on the bench press? Those Islanders are strong af!

Defensive tackle

What if Seattle pivot from having DeWayne Carter be the starter in their 3-4 defense? Walter Nolan is a first round prospect who fits with Seattle’s scheme.

Last edited by frappuccino; 05-12-2024 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 08:15 AM   #155
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2024, 12:49 PM   #156
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 05-11-2024, 01:26 PM   #157