Home

A request to roster makers

This is a discussion on A request to roster makers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #1

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
A request to roster makers

If you guys are going to do rosters, could you please put a set out that does include what you feel to be the correct ratings?

What I would like to see is a set that has the correct players but leaves the guys that have been placed on IR alone. Another alternative would be to dump the injured guys in the free agent pool WITHOUT zeroing the ratings.

When starting my franchise this week, I would like to see what plays out. If David Boston goes down in the 2nd preseason game, so be it. But I'd like to start fresh. We should know way more today when the 53 man roster is set.

Thanks for the hard work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Banned

Re: A request to roster makers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
If you guys are going to do rosters, could you please put a set out that does include what you feel to be the correct ratings?

What I would like to see is a set that has the correct players but leaves the guys that have been placed on IR alone. Another alternative would be to dump the injured guys in the free agent pool WITHOUT zeroing the ratings.

When starting my franchise this week, I would like to see what plays out. If David Boston goes down in the 2nd preseason game, so be it. But I'd like to start fresh. We should know way more today when the 53 man roster is set.

preach brother preach. I totally agree. I would just suggest you wait for sega's update, then do all the missing transactions. It due out this week, so if someone was to start over on rosters they wouldnt make it in time before sega's update comes out.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

if ratings are adjusted when dumping in the FA pool, then other teams would pick them up in franchise mode.

also if you dont release them, there is not enough room for the teams active roster
Old 09-05-2004, 12:19 PM   #4

ChicagoChris's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondudez
if ratings are adjusted when dumping in the FA pool, then other teams would pick them up in franchise mode.

also if you dont release them, there is not enough room for the teams active roster
Just dont adjust the ratings. For example...dump Kendall Simmons and/or David Boston (IR)(ratings unchanged) in the free agent pool. We, if we choose, can put him back onto the team. I can control my franchise and all of the players comings and goings but I would prefer not have to load up the game and see what his ratings are and reenter them.

Segas roster update is due Tuesday but they are never as good as user made sets.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Just dont adjust the ratings. For example...dump Kendall Simmons and/or David Boston (IR)(ratings unchanged) in the free agent pool. We, if we choose, can put him back onto the team. I can control my franchise and all of the players comings and goings but I would prefer not have to load up the game and see what his ratings are and reenter them.

Segas roster update is due Tuesday but they are never as good as user made sets.

Thanks!
thats what i do when i make my rosters, what point is it when half ur roster is already hurt and people get injured during the season also i'll probably have an update by tomorrow at latest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

That's what I do also. I leave there rating nearly the same but if there out for the year I lower everything by 3 especially if its a knee injury I lower speed and agility. That why I try not to create unnecessary CAPs. So I can leave the orginal players on there team I used to do what Irondudez does but I realized people like playing with who is on there team. I have a concern with the editor can you now manage other teams subs in franchise and there players also.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #7
mjb
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
That's what I do also. I leave there rating nearly the same but if there out for the year I lower everything by 3 especially if its a knee injury I lower speed and agility. That why I try not to create unnecessary CAPs. So I can leave the orginal players on there team I used to do what Irondudez does but I realized people like playing with who is on there team. I have a concern with the editor can you now manage other teams subs in franchise and there players also.
That's exactly what i'd like to know!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »