Home

AR Max, Finn's editor questions...PS2

This is a discussion on AR Max, Finn's editor questions...PS2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
AR Max, Finn's editor questions...PS2

Recently purchased the AR max drive and downloaded the current and historic rosters that I found. Outstanding everything plays well.

My questions however are these: 1. I cannot seem to transfer files once loaded to my PS2 memory card back to my computer. To clarify I can move or copy the file, but Finn's editor will not open. I tried to crush the file back to the AR Max jumpdrive and it errored out. Bottom line it appears is that I must make all roster changes, faces etc on the computer not on the PS2.

2. I have compiled many rosters throughout the years and would like to tweak some of these using Finn's editor, once again no success transferring one of my roster files from the PS2 memory card back into Finn's editor. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: AR Max, Finn's editor questions...PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgobuffalo
Recently purchased the AR max drive and downloaded the current and historic rosters that I found. Outstanding everything plays well.

My questions however are these: 1. I cannot seem to transfer files once loaded to my PS2 memory card back to my computer. To clarify I can move or copy the file, but Finn's editor will not open. I tried to crush the file back to the AR Max jumpdrive and it errored out. Bottom line it appears is that I must make all roster changes, faces etc on the computer not on the PS2.

2. I have compiled many rosters throughout the years and would like to tweak some of these using Finn's editor, once again no success transferring one of my roster files from the PS2 memory card back into Finn's editor. Am I missing something? Thanks!
If I remember correctly, I believe the editor is expecting th file to be crushed. After editing on the PC, you would need to uncrush the file to your PS2 memory card to be able to load it in game.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes correct and that part of the process works, my question is should I be able to then crush that file through the AR Max and move it back to memory drive transfer to computer to re-open with your editor?, and like wise should I be able to crush an existing roster (one that I have built within the PS2) and similarly transfer to drive and computer?

Just started using this and I am still trying to understand.

Assuming this is your editor, you are very talented and I truly appreciate your work...Thanks!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Yes correct and that part of the process works, my question is should I be able to then crush that file through the AR Max and move it back to memory drive transfer to computer to re-open with your editor?, and like wise should I be able to crush an existing roster (one that I have built within the PS2) and similarly transfer to drive and computer?

Just started using this and I am still trying to understand.

Assuming this is your editor, you are very talented and I truly appreciate your work...Thanks!
Yes, you should be able to crush the file and transfer it to the PC and open it in the editor.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Ok more clarification. I cannot crush a file with my max drive (e-mailed code junkies about this), errors out. When I move an "un-crushed" roster file to the max drive it will move, however when loaded on the pc your editor errors out ARMaxDLL.dll at 00018D8F. This happens on all (un-crushed) files I try to move to PC with Max drive, it sounds like the issue may be that your editor only reads crushed files not un-crushed files. Would you agree?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Ok more clarification. I cannot crush a file with my max drive (e-mailed code junkies about this), errors out. When I move an "un-crushed" roster file to the max drive it will move, however when loaded on the pc your editor errors out ARMaxDLL.dll at 00018D8F. This happens on all (un-crushed) files I try to move to PC with Max drive, it sounds like the issue may be that your editor only reads crushed files not un-crushed files. Would you agree?
Thanks
The editor currently only reads crushed files.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Every file should already be crushed. When you transfer the file from your PS2 memory card to the AR Max Drive, make sure you crush the file when you transfer it over to the Max Drive. Like Finn said, you should be able to open it in the editor.

The file only needs to be uncrushed when you're transferring the file from the Max Drive to your PS2 memory card so it will play in-game.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Helpful Thanks.
Communicating with codejunkies about this as well, I confirmed with them I am receiving error message "unknown error" when trying to move crushed file to max drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »