Home

First Group Project

This is a discussion on First Group Project within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
First Group Project

Now that I'm done with '86, I would like to do a 1991.

Last edited by dophin26; 06-25-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: First Group Project

sounds like a great idea dolphin.. it just not enough time in the day fro me... Im sure you will get some help.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

dead in less than a week?
Old 06-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

OVR: 10

I wish I understood how you all make the rosters because they are really good. I was playing with your 84-85 roster and it was fun. I had two things I saw you might wnat to check reggie roby is a right legged punter,in the roster he punts left and the Ravens made the playoffs with three wins,that was weird but it plays very well. I hope you get some help with you rosters. Good luck and thanks for all you research and time I hope you enjoy your next project.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Okay, my interest is renewed in this 1991 project now that Gary sent me his file. I am going to ask for some help once again. I already went through the 4 non-teams and changed them to unique names and made them generic players, so that part is finished.

THE GOAL: To get all 28 teams' players appearances correct. This is not hard to do, but takes time when I'm the only one doing it. If I could get a few people to do their favorite teams, we could knock this out really quickly and get it posted as a season franchise file.

HOW:
1. Download the file and open it to your favorite team. Post what team you are going to work on (so no one else does).

2. Open up a site like NFL Photo Library - Gallery Listing and type in the names. Most of the players from this era are on this site. This is the site I usually use. Another good source is Getty Images | Stock Photography, Editorial Photos, Footage & Music. A third resource is just Googling the name or trying to find a card on ebay.

3. The only part we are working on is the front of the player's "card". (see below). Look up the player and try to find photos from 1991 and just change the appearance to match. All the faces / gloves / etc. are located on my website www.nfl2k5rosters.com
I print the facemasks for easy reference, but you could just open another window and look back and forth.

4. When the team is done, save and close the file and re-post it and I'll download it and add the team to the master. One team, ten teams- any help is appreciated. All contributors will be credited for their help.

5. DO NOT: Change the number of players on the teams or the first and last names. When I overwrite the players, I want the pointers to go to the same places they were before, so we don't overwrite other names in the file. Notice that "Sanders" (in red) is a shared slot. I want it to remain that same shared slot, so no one else is overwritten. Basically, leave the first and last name slot alone.
__________________________________________________ ___
I will be starting with the Lions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

It looks like you're on your own with this so far, dolphin. What's funny, or at least I find this to be funny is that I didn't come across this thread until today, which was created over a week before I posted the 1991 file w/out even knowing.

I know you're re-doing all of the player appearances. When I went through most of the players on the file, I didn't use any pictures, I just edited them based on how equipment was worn during that era which included alot of half cage face masks, ankle tape, bulging and extended neckpads, etc. I personally like the way I edited the players equipment, but of course authenticity is obviously better.

What I want to know is what are some of your thoughts on the ratings? I inflated many of the players ratings b/c I found many of them to be too low. Most good teams have about 5 to 7 guys at least with ratings of 90+, which is true on mostly all of the roster files that have been created and posted on your website.

If any other roster editors downloaded the file, your feedback would be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Yeah, I've had zero feedback on this. I have several theories on why, but the fact remains I have no offers.

As far as ratings go, I did look them over and they looked decent to me. I would likely re-rate to my charts eventually, because I'd like the consistency. There are so many ways to rate these guys it's hard to pin down what way is best. I know my guys move a touch slower in the game because of ratings, but my stats usually end up where they should be. Sacks are right in line, INTs are right there too (if not a little low sometimes), etc. I still regularly see WR / RBs rated in low to mid 80s in speed outrun 91-94 speed DBs, so I am pretty happy. To each his own, I guess.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

The reasons why are because most people flat out don't care about historic rosters. But that's ok.

I updated speed ratings on alot of WR's on this file, but I didn't go through every one.

I know what you mean with the consistency. We don't have a franchise for this file, but I did alot of simming and got mixed results. In the first one Washington went 13-3 and beat Buffalo in the super bowl. I liked that. The second sim had Washington finish 6-10, missing the playoffs, as the 1-15 Colts from that year finished 10-6 and got in. I didn't like that.

MVP of the league both times was Dan Morgan of 0-16 Carolina w/846, and 818 tackles. LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »