Home

gr18-lowered-aggression franchise file

This is a discussion on gr18-lowered-aggression franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
gr18-lowered-aggression franchise file

Since this has become a bigger topic for debate recently,I decided to put this 'new' old franchise file up.Meaning THIS IS NOT A NEW UPDATE.It's my last franchise file w/ lower aggression for those that don't like the higher aggression.This seems to be a split topic but I would like to know what others think .Please try it and compare.There still very well may be a split.At least each individual will see what's best for them.

I didn't put it w/ my other thread because I thought there would be some confusion.I probably won't be doing an update for a few weeks because I don't like to do too much 'rating adjusting' based off of 3-4 weeks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_GR2008FRV2.zip (267.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: zip GR2008RSV2.zip (247.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by gr18; 09-29-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: gr18-lowered-aggression franchise file

Ha! Wouldn't you know it, I have finn's editor open right now and was applying the lower agg model to your franchise file. Thanks for this. Does this put CB/FS/SS aggresion at 0? I was going to try a 10/5/5 model.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

I put the cb aggression at 1,but I have a dilemma at safety because you have to account for Bob Sanders,Troy Polamalu,Roy Williams and a number of other safeties who play more like linebackers.I really don't think a very low aggression rating would do them justice.I kept them at 64 but could see them lowered to around 50 but I'm not sure.

The breakdown;DE/DT/LB/RB/FB/WR/TE-(99)
S-(64)
OL-(50)
QB/K/P-(27)
CB-(1)

Always interested in feedback.I'm thinking that there really isn't a set standard that will please everyone and different results will occur for each person.For instance,there are some experienced 2k5 players that will insist that 'high attributes' for qb's is the only way to go.I tried that recently and only saw my qb being incredible and the computer not noticeably better.I only saw a bunch of below-average qb's w/ 100+ QB ratings when simming.

Last edited by gr18; 09-29-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Hey gr18, is there a way you can make this a roster file as well? I dont know how to make this just a roster file for exhibition play. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I put the cb aggression at 1,but I have a dilemma at safety because you have to account for Bob Sanders,Troy Polamalu,Roy Williams and a number of other safeties who play more like linebackers.I really don't think a very low aggression rating would do them justice.I kept them at 64 but could see them lowered to around 50 but I'm not sure.

The breakdown;DE/DT/LB/RB/FB/WR/TE-(99)
S-(64)
OL-(50)
QB/K/P-(27)
CB-(1)

Always interested in feedback.I'm thinking that there really isn't a set standard that will please everyone and different results will occur for each person.For instance,there are some experienced 2k5 players that will insist that 'high attributes' for qb's is the only way to go.I tried that recently and only saw my qb being incredible and the computer not noticeably better.I only saw a bunch of below-average qb's w/ 100+ QB ratings when simming.
gr18,

I wanted to ask you if you have ever given the OL the same agg rating as DT/DE's ? The old saying goes that the battles are won in the trenches with these guys clashing helmets. Does giving them that high an Agg affect them too negatively?

My line of thinking is that those who only have one primary concern should have the highest agg rating (DT,DE=get upfield and kill qb/rb....RB/FB=run fast and hard to get + yardage, OL=Protect QB at all cost, push the DL backwards)

My question is how to grade the other positions since they all have multiple things to consider on each play.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-29-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Hey gr18, is there a way you can make this a roster file as well? I dont know how to make this just a roster file for exhibition play. Thanks.
will do.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
gr18,

I wanted to ask you if you have ever given the OL the same agg rating as DT/DE's ? The old saying goes that the battles are won in the trenches with these guys clashing helmets. Does giving them that high an Agg affect them to negatively?
I've never experienced them being even.I went 64/99 before.While it doesn't hurt to try anything,the consensus would likely be that the running game doesn't need much of a boost as compared to d-line play and the pass-rush to be exact.I've played where it's very hard to get a good pass-rush and the opposite to where it seemed like a Madden nano-blitz.

If putting them even would be tried I would probably lower the d-line and linebackers before raising the o-line.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just had a very enjoyable game as the Raiders against the Falcons. I'll spare you the exciting details, but we won 20-17 with the help of a 4th down stand against the run with less than 30 seconds to go and the Falcons threatening. Playing with my own variation on Bill's sliders incidentally.

I think the only problems I noticed really were kicking power seems too strong, with almost every kickoff going out of the endzone. And yes even though it was Janikowski and Elam, it probably shouldn't be that consistent. So I'll probably just lower kicking power across the board.

Other than that, there wasn't too much pressure on the QB's on either side, and only 1 sack in the game, and that was because I held on to the ball way too long. I never even got close to Ryan, and the Falcons O-line is not exactly the cream of the crop... So I'm not exactlys sure what the remedy for this would be, maybe just lower blocking a bit on both ends, but I wouldn't want the run game to suffer much as a result.

Anyways, this was just one game but it was great. I'll be playing more to come and report anything signficant... or not significant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »