Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Road to Glory Details (UPROXX)

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Road to Glory Details (UPROXX) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2024, 11:33 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports College Football 25 Road to Glory Details (UPROXX)

https://uproxx.com/sports/road-to-gl...ll-25-details/
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2024, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

blwall1416's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Road to Glory Details (UPROXX)

I just want to know if I can take my RTG player and turn him into a coach when I'm done with playing college ball. I don't play Madden, so exporting to Madden is irrelevant to me.

But, I don't want to play RTG only to have wasted my time in that mode simply to start my dynasty mode all the way back at the beginning.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

It's little disappointing that we don't have HS in RTG. Don't really care for just picking out your star level and offers are automatically generated. I wonder if there is any benefit to not just choosing a 5 star player. I would imagine a faster progression rate if you don't start as a 5 star. It's also disappointing that they are locking it to just 5 positioning like in Madden, which means Superstar mode in Madden that it's still the same 5 positions. I really wanted to play as a DL or Safety. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the archetypes are very similarly structured to Madden's Superstar mode.

But, I do like the other things. I do like having to choose between Health, Academics, Brand, Leadership, and Training. I like being able to Red Shirt. I can see a scenario where we choose a top tier school and we can't get onto the field, so it'll make sense to RS. I like coach carousel is in RTG as well. So, I can see scenario where your coach leaves and your coach trust drops to 0 with new coach. I'm definitely taking advantage of the Transfer Portal. There needs to be an incentive to stay at one school outside of records. If not, I plan on starting at lower tier to be a starter, then Transfer once my OVR gets high enough to start at a better school.
Old 05-29-2024, 06:05 PM   #4
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There's a lot of talk here about making interesting choices with varying results and opportunity costs, and not being able to be the master of everything.

I feel like that's something most sports career modes fail to adequately capture. Hopefully EA Sports delivers on what they are talking up here.
Old 05-29-2024, 09:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There's a lot of talk here about making interesting choices with varying results and opportunity costs, and not being able to be the master of everything.

I feel like that's something most sports career modes fail to adequately capture. Hopefully EA Sports delivers on what they are talking up here.
As someone who plays single player career modes, I do agree that most of them fail at that aspect. There really isn't much of a "choice". It's more of a scripted story and your "choices" lead to the same ending. And most of the time, what you're actually doing on the field/court doesn't even matter to the story. So, if they can truly get this RPG style of career down right, then this should be a good mode.

I do wonder how the position archetypes will be. Like I said, I'd imagine it's very similar to Madden's. Even down to you have to between a specific height and weight to be a specific archetype. I could understand the idea of not being a master of everything. I just don't it to feel restrictive. My favorite way has to be MLB The Show RTTS and least favorite has to be NBA 2k. With RTTS, you can't customize ratings, they have enough specific player skill sets to be the exact type of player you want to prioritize your build in. But, they have perks and equipment you can add on top of skill sets to either balance out your build or go all out on your strengths. My main issue with 2k's system is that they take Online too much into consideration. It's more built towards REC and Park more so than MyCareer. You're either a glorified role player where you're specializing in 1-3 areas and neglecting others or decent at everything and master of none, where you're fully dependent on badges. My issue with MyCareer is that the storylines are centered around you being a phenom and you're essentially a glorified role player who has to cheese to dominate. So for RTG, I just want my player to play how I want it. So if I'm making a RB, I want to be a Power RB that has good enough Change of Direction and breakaway speed

I do like choosing your priorities for recruiting pitches for initial "recruitment" and transfer portal. Matt Brown said it's like you're filling out a survey/profile about your recruiting pitches, then based on that, your offers come in. So if you prioritize Playing Time, teams with high rated player at your position isn't likely going to offer you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2024, 07:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

I'm super excited about the game and dynasty mode looks amazing, but I do think this mode is going to flop.

It's going to be a series of schedule clicks that probably just aren't going to matter all that much.

I only ever played RTG to play defense because I found it challenging to nail a position, so it's not a big deal for me. But overall, this mode is likely to flop.
Old 05-30-2024, 08:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

10-20 hours makes sense. When you consider that you're only playing one side of the ball, you can get through games in about 30-40 minutes max, even on full length quarters. I would love if they allow the ability to do a Two-Way player, but hear the Wear and Tear system play a big factor in that.

I'm alright with no HS now. Matt Brown has described the initial process as you fill out a survey of your top preferred recruiting pitches and based on that and your starting recruit level, you get offered. So I'm guessing if you're a 5 star QB and Early Playing Time is your top priority, I'm assuming a school like Georgia or Texas might not offer.

Unless you are concerned about breaking school records or playing at particular school from day one, I do think way to go is going to a school where you can start immediately and level up and then transfer to your preferred school after year 1.

I do hope they don't allow us to call plays. I feel in single player career modes if you're able to call all the plays, it takes away the immersion. Plus, it's hard to be disciplined enough to not just call my favorite plays. I don't mind the old Coach Trust bonus of being able to choose from 3 plays in certain situations. But, I just want to be able to rely on AI playcalling and still feel like I can be featured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »