Home

Dynast3 : A Miami Heat Association (2K13)

This is a discussion on Dynast3 : A Miami Heat Association (2K13) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Dynast3 : A Miami Heat Association (2K13)

LeBron James sat in the locker room, long after everyone else left. After having the best NBA record, the Miami Heat lost the Eastern Conference Finals to the New York Knicks in six games. This wasn't the way it was supposed to be. LeBron was supposed to win his second championship, finally, after being a one-man team on the Cavaliers and then being traded to the Heat. Last season, the Heat lost the finals to the Dallas Mavericks. After that loss, LeBron James was furious, as were the rest of the Heat players. As a result, the team dominated the NBA with a vengeance in the 2011-2012 season. The Heat would win the 2012 NBA Finals, largely thanks to LeBron. Yet James was not satisfied, and wanted ring #2.

Again, in the 2012-2013 season, the Heat dominated the league. LeBron James won MVP, Erik Spoelstra won Coach of the Year, yet the fire that fueled the Heat to win the Finals last season was not there. As a result, the lesser team, the Knicks, defeated the Heat in that critical Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Ray Allen, a crucial role player for the Heat, tore his meniscus after the Heat swept the Raptors in the Semi-Finals. Allen's absence was the final blow to the Heat.

Now, LeBron sat, thinking. After next season, his contract would be up for negotiation. Should LeBron James stay on the aging Heat, uncertain to win another Championship, or should James test the waters, where every team would want him?

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Re: Dynast3 : A Miami Heat Association (2K13)

Ray Allen Declines Player Option

Ray Allen has been a critical player for the Miami Heat, which is one of the reasons Allen's meniscus injury/absence in the Eastern Conference Finals led to the Heat losing to the soon-to-be NBA Champion Knicks. Allen has declined his player option, and will test Free Agency.

"I realize how important I was to this team. Key word is was. The Heat no longer need me. When I got hurt after the Semi-Finals, the diagnosis wasn't good. I knew I'd miss the Conference Finals. Yet my absence isn't why the team lost. You win some, you lose some. The Knicks won, and probably would have whether I was healthy or not. So, I'm testing Free Agency, probably for the last time. I want to be an NBA champion, so I want to go to a better team." Allen said at a press conference.

In other news:

Former Heat player Juwan Howard retires.

Jason Kidd retires, inducted into Hall of Fame.

Detroit Pistons land #1 overall selection for the Draft.

The Miami Heat fire Assistant Coach Bob McAdoo, Hire Maggette as Assistant Coach.

Miami Heat General Manager Pat Riley made a shocking announcement just days after Ray Allen decided to enter Free Agency. The Heat fired assistant coach Bob McAdoo and have hired his replacement. The new assistant coach for the Miami Heat will be Earl Maggette, an unknown.

"Defense wins championships, and Maggette specializes in coaching defense. It's a perfect fit." Riley said at Maggette's introductory press conference.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Miami Heat Options, Free Agency Preview:

Mario Chalmers accepts team option.

Ray Allen declines player option, will test free agency.

Rashard Lewis "fed up" with lack of playing time, declines player option.

James Jones declines player option.

Free Agency Preview:

Andre Iguodala will enter Free Agency unrestricted.

JR Smith tests Free Agency, unrestricted.

Vince Carter and Ray Allen will test Free Agency.

"Birdman" Chris Anderson, formerly of the Heat, is "displeased", tests Free Agency. The Miami Heat will not pursue the aging Allen or Anderson.

Miami Heat Free Agency Crystal Ball

The Miami Heat can consider themselves lucky, as they have no pressing needs. However, this is a team that lost to the Knicks in six games in the Eastern Conference Finals, and a team that wants to be in the NBA Finals. Look for the team to add depth at most positions. Mainly, the Heat should focus on the power forward position, as the combination of aging veterans Shane Battier and Udonis Haslem can be upgraded.

Last edited by Gronk4M13; 07-31-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Pre-Draft Work-Outs

It appears the Heat will in fact target the power forward position in the draft. Below are summaries of the team's personal workouts with prospects.

PF Isaiah Austin:

Austin proved to be a good shooter in his workout, and looks to be an average, not bad yet not great power forward.

PF Patrick Young

Young does not have as much as a range in terms of shooting, compared to Austin. Young is a decent player, not bad but not good.

PF Mason Plumlee

Plumlee showed impressive dunking ability yet inconsistent shooting from outside. Plumlee does have playing abilities that should translate to the NBA.

PF Cody Zeller

The Heat scheduled a special workout for Zeller, arguably the top power forward in this draft class. The Heat scheduled Zeller to go one-on-one with the team's current starting power forward Shane Battier. Zeller went toe-to-toe with Battier. Some highlights: Zeller absolutely dunked on Battier several times. Just when Battier thought he stopped Zeller, the big kid hit a spin move, and Battier fell to the court. "What an ankle breaker!" Zeller then hit a lay-up.

Anyone of these prospects would be a good choice for Miami, but Zeller would be a great fit. However, the Heat have the 29th overall pick, while Zeller is a projected lottery pick. Will the Heat take a chance and trade up?

Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm following but is this replacing your Timberwolves assosciation on YouTube or is this just for OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
I'm following but is this replacing your Timberwolves assosciation on YouTube or is this just for OS?
I don't know yet but thanks for following.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

NBA Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosHtWt
1Detroit PistonsSteven AdamsC
2Boston CelticsNerlens Noel C
3Sacramento KingsCody ZellerPF
4Orlando MagicRyan HarrowPG
5Orlando MagicKentavious Caldwell-PopeSG
6Cleveland CavaliersIsiah Austin PF
7Brooklyn NetsCody Zeller traded to Nets by Kings
8Orlando MagicMason PlumleePF
9New Orleans Hornets Alec BrownC
10Atlanta Hawks James McAdooSF
11Dallas Mavericks Rudy GobertC
12Miami Heat Patrick YoungPF
13Los Angeles ClippersShabazz Muhammad SG
14Memphis GrizzliesOtto PorterSF
15Toronto Raptors Jamaal FranklinSG/PG
16Milwaukee BucksLorenzo BrownPG
17Utah Jazz Jordan Abodou SG
18Houston RocketsIsaiah Canaan PG
19Denver Nuggets CJ McCollum PG
20Golden State Warriors Ben Mclemore SG
21Washington WizardsTrey Burke PG
22Philadelphia 76ers Ian MillerPG
23Indiana Pacers Alex Poythress SF
24San Antonio SpursAlex Len C
25Chicago BullsStanley Byars SG
26Los Angeles Lakers Tony MitchellSF
27Chicago BullsDoug McDermott SF
28Oklahoma City Thunder Christian Watford SF
29Portland Trailblazers Robert CovingtonSF
30New York Knicks Rodney Williams SF

Old 07-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

NBA Draft 2013 Recap: Trades, Trades and More Trades

This 2013 draft was very eventful, some highlights:

Detroit Pistons select center Steven Adams first overall.

Cody Zeller gets traded. Originally, the Kings selected Zeller third overall, then traded the power forward to the Brooklyn Nets for the seventh overall pick.

The Orlando Magic selected Kentavious Caldwell-Pope fifth overall, only to trade him to the Phoenix Suns for the eighth overall pick.

The Miami Heat traded center Norris Cole and their 29th overall pick to the Portland Trailblazers for the 12th overall pick.

Welcome to the Heat: Heat Introduce Draft Selections Young and Pierce

The Miami Heat wanted to get a power forward, and they got one. After watching their coveted choice Cody Zeller get selected earlier than expected (third overall) and their backup options Isiah Austin, Trevor Mbakwe, and Mason Plumlee get selected, Miami knew it had to trade up to get a decent power forward. The Heat traded center Norris Cole and their 29th overall pick to the Trailblazers for the 12th overall pick, to select power forward Patrick Young. In the last selection for the draft, the Heat selected PG/SG Dorell Pierce. The Heat scouted Young and hosted a private workout for him, and were impressed enough to trade up for him. On the other hand, the Heat had no idea who Pierce is, but he seemed to be the best player available. Welcome to Miami!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »