Home

College Lacrosse 2012

This is a discussion on College Lacrosse 2012 within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

barrons01's Arena

OVR: 3
College Lacrosse 2012

Is anyone going to download this on xbla? If so, when do u think they will make an official game with real colleges and stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: College Lacrosse 2012

I'm excited! I liked CL 2011, and this one is still just $% and it comes out this weekend. The developer said he is contacting the NCAA about licensing, but it's not an overly easy thing to get.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, I got it ready for DL once I get home. Carlos (the main dev) said that he's also talking to some "partners" for licensing the NCAA teams and getting a bigger budget to make it a true $60 package.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Nice to see a new version come out.

Triple B Games must be having some sort of success with these Indie lacrosse games. This is their fifth lacrosse game on the Xbox 360.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I found a nice interview with the developer:

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012/...game-xbox-live

Quote:
So you're coming out with a new Indie game. What are the main features of the upgrade?

There's a pretty in-depth list of things we're changing.

The major improvements people will be excited to see are, first, the online play. That's been a weakness of the first two games. We're making sure that it's a new, good, seamless experience online, making sure that when you sign online there's no lag, which kind of plagued the previous versions of the game. That will be a huge upgrade.

The next thing is player movement. Basic polling of our 200,000 fans on Facebook, and graphics are the no. 1 thing they want to see improved. We're going to add additional animations to work on the way players run, rather than straight up and down, they'll lean when they run, stumble when they run into each other instead of just falling over — small changes, but cooler movements. Also looking at dodging. In 2011, dodging was on the joystick, and maybe that'll get moved back to the buttons, and we'll make sure the animations work better.

We're going to improve the camera angles. Going downfield, you couldn't see the field well enough, you had to kind of guess while you were getting used to playing the game.

We'll make some defensive tweaks — adding new stick checks, especially over-the-head check.

The AI — going to make it a little more difficult, improve their shot accuracy, and strategy. For example, if you're winning, the AI will be more aggressive, if you're losing they'll sit on the ball like in real lacrosse.

We'll work on shooting and goalie improvement, including a moving net on the goals.

How's the process of developing the game going?

We're actually working with a new team based out of Winnipeg. They have a full team of artists and programmers that'll be working on the game. It's a whole new group, which is pretty awesome, and I'm pumped about that.

So you're working on two things at once to step up substantially in 2013?

Yea, we're working int the development of 2012, and in 2013 looking to get a big-time publisher behind the game, the NCAA, get the game out on Playstation, Wii and hopefully smart phones. That's the game that'll take the video game to the next level.

Are those increased plans a part of the new development team?

Yea, they're involved. We're kind of seeing how 2012 goes, talking to a few other developers about the 2013 game. That's still in the works. If everything goes as planned, [the current team] is definitely an option. But there's another company in Seattle I'm talking to who's had their game released on Playstation Network, on Xbox 360 and Wii so they have a little more experience with getting published and getting funded. Multiple options on the table still.

How has the financial model worked out? Have sales and sponsorships covered your costs?

Yea, I made my money back on the original development of the last four games and have ended up sinking the money I've made back into the development and building the game even more. But I've got some nice cash flow going, so I'm in good position for 2012 and again 2013 to really blow it up and got on all the different platforms.

How has working toward an NCAA license gone?

I went down to meet with the CLC [Collegiate Licensing Company] about the whole process of getting the NCAA involved. It seems like they're really interested in making it happen, it's just going to get a bit of time and they're interested more in a multi-platform game, so that's where I'm trying to take the game. Get it on Playstation, get it on Wii, and then see where it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

i wish this game came out for PC. i would so buy it and play it if it did!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

OH MY'!!!!!!!! This game is JUNK, Please play demo 1st, I could see me playing Lacrosse if EA would make it, or anyone...But the one Live for 400 points, Not worth 10 points, Sorry but the way better 400 point games to download, scale 1 to 10....i give it 1/2
Old 05-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I disagree completely. I love this game! For $5, a must buy. I don't even like the sport too much (I got into it after watching the Lehigh-Maryland Lax Playoff game). As far as indie games go, one of the best. Graphics are about equal to a PS2 game, which isn't too bad, and gameplay works great. Goalies could be better, but I get realistic scores (11-9, 9-5, 14-12). A patch or two to fix a few small issues (Crashed first time I used a Custom Team, No icon saying how long the man down lasts for), and this game will be amazing.

7.5/10
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »