Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Any news on Terrell Davis?

How's his latest comeback going? TroyF? Rev?

I think he should retire in the interest of his health, but a part of me would like to see him make it back, even if he isn't a star anymore.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
TroyF
Coordinator

He's in Arizona continuing to workout. Word is he'll be ready to go full speed by training camp.

He has his work cut out for him to make the roster. Portis and Griffith are locks. (Griffith has really impressed the team early on) Anderson and Droughans are also locks. That leaves one spot. Terrell will compete with Cecil Sapp and a couple of other guys for that spot.

From what I have heard, Shanahan will give TD a fair shot in training camp. He won't be given any favors because of his star status though. He can either play or he can't. Shanny won't keep him around because he likes him.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:33 PM   #3
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

In other news, TD has long since lost the 1st String Chunky Soup slot. No word as yet on whether he'll be given a shot to get it back...
Old 06-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks, Troy! I hope he makes it.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #5
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Aikman in Miami? Will it ever happen?

(tongue in cheek)
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 12:22 AM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

Article from Yahoo.

Davis working out in Arizona, return still uncertain

By JOHN MARSHALL, AP Sports Writer
June 6, 2003

DENVER (AP) -- Terrell Davis has been working out to build up strength in his hobbled legs, but it's still too early to tell if Denver's former star running back can make a return to football.

Davis walked away from a seven-year career during training camp last year due to ailing knees, but never officially retired. Davis has hinted in recent months that he might try a comeback and has been working with noted physical therapist Brett Fischer in Arizona to see if he is healthy enough to play again.

His agent, Neil Schwartz, said Davis hasn't tested his knees enough to know if he can come back.

``He hasn't been cleared yet to pass a physical, so I think that's a little premature,'' Schwartz said Friday. ``He hasn't even pounded on his knee yet. He's been in Arizona working with Brett Fischer, but that's way premature.''

Davis was one of the most productive running backs in league history his first four years, rushing for 6,413 yards. He joined O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders as the only players to top 2,000 yards with 2,008 in 1998, when he was also named league MVP.

Davis, MVP of the Super Bowl in 1997, rushed for 7,607 yards in his career.

Davis' injury troubles began in 1999, when he tore a knee ligament in the fourth game of the season. That led to four more knee surgeries over the next three years, including a microfracture procedure on his left knee last September.

The Broncos could have released Davis to clear room on the salary cap, but he agreed in February to restructure his deal.

Davis is still on Denver's 80-man roster, but still has not passed a physical.

Fischer, who operates a physical therapy clinic in Phoenix, has worked with athletes from the NFL, NBA and NHL, along with the University of Florida and the PGA and Champions Tours.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:28 AM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Back around the draft, ESPN had a story about Davis' "comeback." They had a couple of interviews and cited other unnamed sources among the Broncos, the NFL, his doctors and trainers who all said that he has no chance whatsoever. They said that if having the dream of making the NFL helps him do his rehab and get into shape for the rest of his life, then it's good. But no one with the damage he has sustained has ever even come close to making it back on football field.

I don't think he will (or should) ever play again.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 12:30 AM   #8
Happy29
In The Penalty Box

Location: To reveal my location, you must decipher a series of traps, each more deadly than the last.
I could've sworn he was still on top of the football world before he retired. I doubt he can come back though, he'll be pushed around like Al Sharpton in Mississippi.
Happy29 is offline   Reply With Quote