korme
Go Reds

Football Mogul 21

Anyone playing this?

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #2
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

sadly no. i would love to play a more simplistic football management game but it appears year after year nothing significant ever changes with this game besides largely roster updates, not enough to make me want to purchase each year.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
korme
Go Reds

I wanted to enjoy a fresh football experience. This was not it. This game sucks. Enjoy my $22, Clay.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #4
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I wanted to enjoy a fresh football experience. This was not it. This game sucks. Enjoy my $22, Clay.

I wish I could say that I am surprised.....their forums for even supporting the game are ghost town as well, they barely even acknowledge the product exists except each year when they want you to buy a new version.

Sad though, if they could just give it some care and feeding each year, could be a nice light alternative...too bad.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:28 AM   #5
Swaggs
Coordinator

FB Mogul reminds me of the old Leroy Hoard quote: "If you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."

If you want a football sim game, FB mogul is a cheap, simple, multi-season football simulator with a basic financial system and player stats. If you want a game that creates a deep, rich football universe that feels immersive and is a ton of fun to play, FB mogul is a cheap, simple football simulator with a basic financial system and player stats.

Still, the guy has been in business since 1997 (had to look it up, but felt like it was more than 20 years since I last played) and can still charge $40/game. He must have an audience and he has created something that most of us could never come close to making. The mogul games, Tony LaRussa, and FPS games were sort of the gateway drug for me to get into FOF, TCY, FBCB, and OOTP (and the Grey Dog and Wolverine games, as well).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote