Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ping: T.R.O.U.T.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 news "coming soon."

Speculation seems to be that because we've gone two weeks without a new character release, that we could see a few Guardian 4* releases in the near future, and that those releases could take the form of an alliance boss event.

Pre-emptive heads up.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

woot woot, 4* Groot
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Yondu for the win...or Mantis
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
Critch
lolzcat

Baby Groot. He's cute.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

3*/5* Star-Lord, 4* Baby Groot and 4* Gamora incoming.

Thanos boss event and Guardians-themed PvE also incoming.

Buckle up.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
General Mike
Pro Starter

Nebula is my guess

Edit: ignore me
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF

Last edited by General Mike : 04-24-2017 at 04:38 PM.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
General Mike
Pro Starter

Dola,

I wish we were getting new characters instead of variants of ones we already have in the game.

Edit: Can't type for anything

Last edited by General Mike : 04-24-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

Event is live!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #9
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I'm going to be in a tournament Fri-Sun, so I don't know how much help I will be able to give on this one.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
dunkem
Mascot

Is it better to wait until the Boss node becomes available first before clearing the other nodes? Just that it seems like if you start off on the node, you end up with only 9 clear vs. starting on the boss node you get 10.

For example, my other nodes just opened up an hour ago, and I can start on them, but boss node is available in 2 and 1/2 hours.. If I start now, I think I'll end up with 9 after ping ponging.. If I wait the 2 and 1/2 hours and start on the boss, 10.

BTW... hate plaing with Thanos (3 or 5 star) and hate playing against him too... although those infinity gems will help eve things out as we get further.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
Is it better to wait until the Boss node becomes available first before clearing the other nodes? Just that it seems like if you start off on the node, you end up with only 9 clear vs. starting on the boss node you get 10.

For example, my other nodes just opened up an hour ago, and I can start on them, but boss node is available in 2 and 1/2 hours.. If I start now, I think I'll end up with 9 after ping ponging.. If I wait the 2 and 1/2 hours and start on the boss, 10.

BTW... hate plaing with Thanos (3 or 5 star) and hate playing against him too... although those infinity gems will help eve things out as we get further.

Yeah, it's probably worth it to wait.

As far as Thanos goes, he is one of my go to guys, especially for the Big Enchilada since they made the change. I also like him in PVE for the nodes where there are no grunts. Pair him up with people who can hit hard on the Area attacks, and you can wipe people out in no time.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 04-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #12
dunkem
Mascot

You must not mind damaging your own guys then. As I've mentioned before, I like to maintain my full health on my main guys so i don't need to blow health packs on em especially in the later clears. If you got the cash and a lot of tokens, no worries then... but me, I don't spend much so I rely mainly on the 10 health packs that are given to me.

Dr. Strange is ten times better than Thanos. Big enchilada is no big deal for me at all at this point, but I guess if you're still building Thanos could be helpful even if you get bloodied up in the process.

I got the last PVE ending so I don't really want to wait for the boss round to clear, but If it means squeaking out another clear... maybe I'll just wait.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #13
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah, it's worth it to wait the little bit longer for the extra shot at Thanos. Especially if you're going to chase personal progression. Those extra 6-20k points (depending on round) every 8 hours add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Yeah, it's probably worth it to wait.

As far as Thanos goes, he is one of my go to guys, especially for the Big Enchilada since they made the change. I also like him in PVE for the nodes where there are no grunts. Pair him up with people who can hit hard on the Area attacks, and you can wipe people out in no time.

Quote:
You must not mind damaging your own guys then. As I've mentioned before, I like to maintain my full health on my main guys so i don't need to blow health packs on em especially in the later clears. If you got the cash and a lot of tokens, no worries then... but me, I don't spend much so I rely mainly on the 10 health packs that are given to me.

Dr. Strange is ten times better than Thanos. Big enchilada is no big deal for me at all at this point, but I guess if you're still building Thanos could be helpful even if you get bloodied up in the process.

I got the last PVE ending so I don't really want to wait for the boss round to clear, but If it means squeaking out another clear... maybe I'll just wait.

There are two times I use Thanos:

1) Big Enchilada. He chews through that, and since my PVE event slices are in the evening and my Big Enchilada clears are in the morning, any self-harm is healed by the time it matters.

2) The end of my PVE clears, against the trivial nodes. Because that's my wrap-up for the night, any self-harm is healed by the time I need to use those characters again. I go 1-1-1-1-1-4 (CP node)-4 (CP essential)-4 (3* essential)-4 (2* essential)-3-3-3-3-3 on my PVE clears, and those final three 3's are when I break out Thanos to wreck some trivial fools.

But I wouldn't use him in this event unless you're pairing him with characters you don't plan on using outside of the goon node, for the health pack reason.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #14
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

LIke I said, I use Thanos for some things and Strange for others. I basically use 3* Iron Man, Gamora and Dr Strange for PVE as long as their is one grunt on the opposing team. 3* Thanos, plus Black Panther and Scarlet Witch is a great team for those annoying battles, especially when Thanos passive is hitting the other team for 4135, versus 1058 for allies. Hit em with BPs black skill at the right time, and you are talking about almost 8000 damage points. Grey Suit Black Widow can also be used in that combo, but takes a lot longer to build up the green AP for her Sniper Rifle.

As far as using health packs, I don't worry about them so much, since they give you one every 35 minutes. If I'm at zero when I'm ready to go to sleep, well that's fine, cause I'll be at 10 when I wake up.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 04-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #15
General Mike
Pro Starter

This one is starting to get tough for me.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #16
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, this is about the part of the boss event where the side pins scale out of control. Thanos is still manageable, but the side pins go from like level 30 to start to level 55 to 'oh hai level 200.'

And that Star-Lord node...Jesus. If, uh, you haven't played it? Fair warning: beefy 4* Venom awaits you in wave 2.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #17
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Yeah, this is about the part of the boss event where the side pins scale out of control. Thanos is still manageable, but the side pins go from like level 30 to start to level 55 to 'oh hai level 200.'

And that Star-Lord node...Jesus. If, uh, you haven't played it? Fair warning: beefy 4* Venom awaits you in wave 2.

Yeah, that was tough. Not sure who I even brought along for it. Maybe 3* Widow and Panther cause I wasn't expecting a single enemy in wave 2.

I doubt I'll get to the 2nd 3* cover on the progression, but I can hope.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:22 AM   #18
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Yeah, that was tough. Not sure who I even brought along for it. Maybe 3* Widow and Panther cause I wasn't expecting a single enemy in wave 2.

I doubt I'll get to the 2nd 3* cover on the progression, but I can hope.

That node always fucks me up. I go "level 100 to 338...bwuh?" and I forget it's 338 for wave 2 because it's one beefy enemy instead of 3+ regularly-scaled enemies.

Kinda like in the Hulk PVE where he scales to almost 400, but he's by himself.

Same deal, really, if you know he's coming, you can manage Venom. I got past him with a team of 3* Iron Man, 4* Jean Grey and 4* Star-Lord. Iron Man fed Star-Lord red, and Star-Lord used the red to punch Venom into submission.

Jean used green and purple to keep the Teisetsu under control.

I should reach the second Groot cover tomorrow sometime, but I don't know if I'll reach max progression this time. I did last time, but I think we got to round 6 with a day-plus left so I was able to grind on the higher-valued boss fights. We'll see.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:50 AM   #19
SackAttack
Head Coach

Reached max progression. We've got about 1.1 million points left to the second Nova cover. I don't know if we'll get there, but at 21k per Thanos clear, if we can get ten alliance members to each do one full clear (5x Thanos + side pins, or 6x Thanos + side pins if Thanos is already open when they start), we should get real close.

I intend to do both of my final clears even though I've reached max progression, so that should be between 10-12 defeats of Thanos * 21k per. That's two of the ten'ish we need. Can we get eight others?
Old 05-04-2017, 10:27 PM   #20
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

So then it happened. I had nothing. Once had something. By law, I declare nothing. But those who know me, something waa there. Remember one can not have 5 wives without 2. Baby steps