Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2003, 01:14 AM   #1
MrBug708
Head Coach

Red face My "friend" could use some advice

Here's the deal. My friend was wondering what he should do so I thought I'd pose the question to the board. He has been with his girlfriend for 3 months. It's rather serious for 3 months and they talk about the future often. Well, school is done for the semester and they live 8 hours away from each other. It seems her best friend back home is an ex boyfriend of her's and they spend a lot of time together. Seems like its 24/7. Well, last week, she confessed to him that they fell asleep together in the same bed. Nothing happens is what she claims and he does believe her. She said she wouldn't do it again. Well, he found out she did it 3 days ago in back to back nights. She didn't come clean about it at first but finally she did and he was pissed that she lied to him. He also found out that her best friend, the guy, confessed that he was still in love with her and it seems she told him that she'd give him another chance if she ever breaks up with my friend. They broke up originally because he was cheating on her. Well, my friend's girlfriend says she loves my friend and all, but he doesn't know what to do.

Any advice? Its only 3 months, but pretty serious. Should he put up with it? Or just cut her loose?

MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:22 AM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If the girls a liar, then she must be fired.

That's just waiting for trouble
Old 05-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #3
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Exactly.

She's already lied about it, who knows what she'll do down the road.

3 months isn't THAT long.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:40 AM   #4
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

My advice? If I were your friend, I'd tell the girlfriend in no uncertain terms that she and her ex sleeping together, sex or no sex, is unacceptable. If she can't make a commitment to stay away from that kind of temptation then he should walk away. I wouldn't be an ass about it, but I would make it clear that it will ruin the relationship if she does it again.

I don't think he can tell her not to see the ex - telling your significant others who they can and can't socialize with is asking for trouble - but requesting that she not sleep next to the guy, especially given that he's trying to get back with her is a no-brainer.

If he's really into her, then he shouldn't overreact and leave her without giving her the ultimatum. I can vouch first-hand the temptations that come with ex's.

If she agrees to that without question, then he should continue seeing her, but be alert for any further transgressions. Yeah, he may get burned, but it also may work out. She may be working the ex as a bit of power leverage in the relationship with your friend, but if she really is invested in the relationship with your friend she won't want to risk it by screwing around with the ex.

If she's hesitant to agree in any way, he should take that as a sign and walk away. Again, I wouldn't be an ass about it - it may take breaking off with her to force her to really decide which relationship is more important. The old adage about if you love someone, set them free carries weight here. It may be that she needs to face the reality that she could lose the relationship with your friend to really decide where her priorities are. It could be that if he does walk away, she'll beg his forgiveness and agree to his demands, in which case everything should be hunky dory. If he walks away and she doesn't beg for him back, then the relationship was doomed anyway.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:48 AM   #5
rexallllsc
Banned

Re: My "friend" could use some advice

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think you're going to have to cut her.

I mean, do you honestly want to have to worry about her every time she goes away? Too much hassle, dude.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:49 AM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn, where's Horns when we need him?

Well, someone had to say it...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:59 AM   #7
TLK
Pro Starter

Buh-Bye..... see ya' later...... it only gets better.....

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:47 AM   #8
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

anyone who lives in california shouldn't hve a problem cutting a girl loose. just walk 5 feet in any direction and you will bump into a super model

feelings go away, eventually. find someone you can be happy with. it took me 3 years and 3 heartbreaks later. all that frustration isn't worth it
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:53 AM   #9
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

My wife says cut her loose. I would have to agree with her.

If she is going to be spending a lot of time with a guy who is trying to win her back, and one in which she still clearly has some feelings for, he needs to face the fact that he has already lost her. The only question is when. Cut it off now to keep the pain at a minumum.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:54 AM   #10
ACStrider
High School JV

ditto Dawgfan
Old 05-15-2003, 04:06 AM   #11
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'd have to say let her go and move on. She promised she wouldn't fall asleep with the guy again and then does it not once but twice? Trust is an important part of a relationship and I personally would have a hard time trusting her after she broke her word.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:24 AM   #12
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

and kobe bryant sucks
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:40 AM   #13
Mega
n00b

First of all, your friend should run, not walk, in the other direction as fast as possible. The best case scenerio is that this girl is playing both sides against each other for her own sick amusement. The middlecase is that she is a walking train wreck with a ton of emotional baggage that you don't want to become entangled in. The worst case is that she's "just sleeping" with you, him, the pizza guy, your roommate, and any other warm body she can wrap herself around. In any case, you are probably better of being "just friends" and never seeing each other again.
Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:43 AM   #14
condors
College Starter

cut her loose
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 06:07 AM   #15
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by condors
cut her loose
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 07:04 AM   #16
Easy Mac

Toss her away. She doesn't respect "your friend" and if they stay together will probably sheat and walk all over him in the future. While they may talk about the future, its obvious she isn't ready for that kind of commitment, or at least with that person.

Before you...errr he, casts her aside, have her come visit. While she's over, have her go down. Take out your penis, and smack her in the face with it over and over. Then bend her over and give her the Dirty Sanchez and Donkey punch her. That'll teach her.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 07:16 AM   #17
Samdari
Roster Filler

Wow Bug, tell your "friend" I feel for him. Before meeting the wife, I had a long and distinguished history of women treating me like doodoo.

If she lied about how many nights they "accidentally" slept in the same bed, how much credibility does that give to the statement, "nothing happened." I don't want to seem harsh, and kick your "friend" when he is down, but odds are those nights were not completely innocent.

I will chime in here and say kick her to the curb. I will suggest an alternate course of action though, if you want to give keeping both her and some self respect a shot. You could tell her if she wants to stay with you (DOH!, I mean your friend) all contact with Mr. Ex must cease. No seeing each other, no being in the same room, no phone calls. The conversation will go like this:

Her: "Don't you trust me?"

You: "F*ck No."

Her: Click

Then when you get back to school, find either a good friend (or better a sister) or bitter enemy of hers, and try to get with her. She'll be back in 10 minutes.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:17 AM   #18
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Get rid of her. Take it from someone who went through something very similar - she can't just repress her feelings for someone else and only let them come back out "if" her current relationship doesn't work out. They are, and will, always be there. The only thing holding her back from acting on those feelings is her conscience, not her feelings for your "friend." And that's compounded by the fact that the other guy apparently feels the same way.

This is an easy decision, since it's a no-win situation for your "friend."

I don't think she needs to be degraded as Easy Mac suggests - well, no more than she usually likes it. Seriously, though, she's obviously going through a difficult time of reconciling her feelings for the old guy and the new guy. It's best for the "new guy" if he lets her deal with that on her own, and not go along for the ride, because it's bound to be an unpleasant experience.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 07:51 AM   #19
oykib
College Starter

Ask your 'friend' what he's thinking about. Is this even a question? Does 'he' really want to spend the entire summer worrying about it?

Seriously, if you're so serious that you were talking about the future and then she pulls this shit, what does that tell you about her?

There's an old saying, "Turn 'em upside down and all women are the same."

That, of course, is not true ( as anyone who's ever been in love can attest ).

But if you modify it to, "Turn 'em upside down and all college girls are the same," you are much closer to the mark.

Don't be so serious at your age. The girls that you are meeting sure as hell aren't.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 07:53 AM   #20
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree as well with everyone above saying she must go...The same type thing happened to mea few years ago...Broke my heart like nothing you would ever believe...However, since I basically built my life around this girl, I had a lot of rebuilding to do, and once I did, I realized that life was never better afterwards. Sure, right now it sucks, but in hindsight, it will be for the best for your "friend"...And as far as how to do it, your friend needs to tell her the way it is...May I suggest:

"It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass"

Best of luck,
BFleming
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Axe her.

Now.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:11 AM   #22
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
hiney poke her, and then dump her.
------------------------------------------
seriously, the thing that really matters in any relationship is trust. If your friend is comfortable with the level of "trust" then that is one thing, but if the "trust" is not there then he should back out.

Last edited by Fritz : 05-15-2003 at 08:13 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:20 AM   #23
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
the thing that really matters in any relationship is trust.
That, and hiney poking.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:30 AM   #24
Ksyrup

hiney poke her...then he should back out.

hehehehehe
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-15-2003, 08:41 AM   #25
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
hiney poke her...then he should back out.

hehehehehe

I know, I'm like Dr. Laura and Andrew Dice Clay's lovechild.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:14 AM   #26
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Dude,

Trust me, first of all, if she slept in the same bed with him two nights in a row, "something" happened. There may or may not have been penetration , but no girl sleeps in the bed with a guy two days in a row when the guy has feelings for her without giving it up.

As somebody who used to be a magnet for girls like this before I got married back in the late 19th century, my advice to you (or are we going to continue to pretend it's your "friend") is simple: Run about as fast as you can away from this girl.

This scenario is at *best* a rebound situation. At worst, she's screwing around on you. If she's doing that now, it ain't going to get any better with time, because you two are still in the new exciting discovery stage. Just imagine what a girl like this would do to you in a year or so when the newness factor wears off.

Stu
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:15 AM   #27
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
I know, I'm like Dr. Laura and Andrew Dice Clay's lovechild.

Now there's an image I didn't need. Thanks Fritz.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #28
moriarty
College Starter

I'd sleep in the same bed as her best female friend (assuming she's cute) ... let her stew on that for a while and then dump her.

Oh, and what Fritz said too.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #29
ctmason
High School JV

Pack it in and call it day, m'man.

There is absolutely NOTHING good that can come from this. This whole thread reminded my how painful it was for me when an ex did this exact same thing to me. (We were LD, too)

I dropped her but then took her back like two months later. Worst mistake of my life.

I'm really sorry for "your friend," because I know exactly what it feels like. There are better days ahead.
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #30
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by ctmason
I dropped her but then took her back like two months later. Worst mistake of my life.
If it makes you feel better, I took her back TWICE.

Worst, and second worst mistakes.

I still don't understand my own thought process taking her back the second time. Did I actually convince myself, "Well, maybe this time she won't sleep around on me."

Last edited by Samdari : 05-15-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #31
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari
If it makes you feel better, I took her back TWICE.

Worst, and second worst mistakes.

I still don't understand my own thought process taking her back the second time. Did I actually convince myself, "Well, maybe this time she won't sleep around on me."

There are just some women we stay infatuated with, and let way to much go. I had a girl like that when I was younger. She even called me after I was married to try to get me to come back with her (I was preaching by that time, with my daughter on the way, and she really thought I was going to drop everything and come to her "rescue"). Of course by that time the "spell" she had on me was long broken (it stopped the last time she blantantly lied to me and I woke up to the fact she'll never change).

Back on the subject of the thread, break it off before she breaks it off with you.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 AM   #32
Samdari
Roster Filler

Oops, sorry. Thought the subject of the thread was getting f*cked over by women who captivate us (DOH!, our "friends") far more than their quality warrants.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #33
Swaggs
Coordinator

3 months isn't worth worrying about.

Tell him to have a fun Summer and forget her. If things heat back up next Fall, so be it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:39 AM   #34
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by WussGawd
Trust me, first of all, if she slept in the same bed with him two nights in a row, "something" happened. There may or may not have been penetration , but no girl sleeps in the bed with a guy two days in a row when the guy has feelings for her without giving it up.

Yeah, no kidding. How do you just "fall asleep" in the same bed as somebody not once, but multiple times? I mean, how many times has your friend accidentally fallen asleep with a girl?

BTW, I hope she's not a real heavy sleeper.....'cause I'm sure he wasn't sound asleep the whole time.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:43 AM   #35
bbor
Pro Starter

Door

hit

her

in

the

ass

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:08 PM   #36
Franklinnoble
Banned

Thanks to Fritz, there's no reason for me to post a response to this thread.

But I'm going to anyway.

She's a lying, no-good whore. F*ck her in the cornhole like the slut she is. F*ck her best girlfriend in the same manner, just for good measure. Use a few of these special techniques just to make the experience more memorable, and to show her how much you care.

Take my advice - a woman like this will f*ck you over repeatedly if given the opportunity, and you're doing the rest of the world a favor by putting her skank ass in its place right quick.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:13 PM   #37
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
Thanks to Fritz, there's no reason for me to post a response to this thread.

But I'm going to anyway.

She's a lying, no-good whore. F*ck her in the cornhole like the slut she is. F*ck her best girlfriend in the same manner, just for good measure. Use a few of these special techniques just to make the experience more memorable, and to show her how much you care.

Take my advice - a woman like this will f*ck you over repeatedly if given the opportunity, and you're doing the rest of the world a favor by putting her skank ass in its place right quick.

Damn dude..you are just bitter

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:41 PM   #38
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cut her loose! She's big trouble.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:50 PM   #39
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
Yeah, no kidding. How do you just "fall asleep" in the same bed as somebody not once, but multiple times? I mean, how many times has your friend accidentally fallen asleep with a girl?

While I agree with the cut her loose bit... I've got to mention that I had a number of platonic female friends in college; more than one of which I spent the night sharing a couch or a bed with nothing more physical than a hug. One of which eventually became my current (almost six years now, if you ignore time in the middle when we broke up) girlfriend. And nothing happened.

Now, mind you, none of them was an ex of mine; but just for the sake of keeping the train on course.

Kevin
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:40 PM   #40
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Don't break up with her, just start seeing other women. From here the situation will just work itself out naturally. We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #41
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by WussGawd
... no girl sleeps in the bed with a guy two days in a row when the guy has feelings for her without giving it up.
Clearly, you have never been married.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:53 PM   #42
Ksyrup

LOL!
Old 05-15-2003, 02:56 PM   #43
Samdari
Roster Filler

Post of the year Maple Leafs
Old 05-15-2003, 02:57 PM   #44
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My wife says this is bull. Kick her to the curb. She just wants to have someone at home and someone at school.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:33 PM   #45
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fidatelo
Don't break up with her, just start seeing other women. From here the situation will just work itself out naturally. We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

Awesome.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:34 PM   #46
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
Clearly, you have never been married.

Also awesome.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:59 PM   #47
ScottVib
High School Varsity

As much as it may hurt your friend, let her go.

Wouldn't surprise me if she really wants out, but doesn't want to be the "bad guy". Chances are she'll get back with her ex... go to school, the ex will cheat, and she'll come crawling back, at which point your friend will have the pleasure of telling her to hit the bricks again.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #48
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottVib
As much as it may hurt your friend, let her go.

Wouldn't surprise me if she really wants out, but doesn't want to be the "bad guy". Chances are she'll get back with her ex... go to school, the ex will cheat, and she'll come crawling back, at which point your friend will have the pleasure of telling her to hit the bricks again.

after you hiney poke her, of course.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:42 PM   #49
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Better yet, see if you cant use this as leverage to get her and one of her friends in a 3some.

Then dump her.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 05-15-2003 at 04:43 PM.
Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #50
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Noble_Platypus
Better yet, see if you cant use this as leverage to get her and one of her friends in a 3some.

Then dump her.

But maybe keep the other chick from the threesome, that's a rare commodity, giving up two would be a mistake
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote