Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #1
Butter
Coordinator

Complaining about your Fantasy Football Team

Yes, I get it. No one cares about your fantasy team.

But I sometimes enjoy a nice instance of schadenfreude, and maybe you do too. In which case....

In my money league, I was in a tie with a guy going into Monday Night Football this week, and had the Rams defense. Literally, all I needed was a point.

I got zero points.

Although in looking at the box score a bit more closely, the Rams did have a fumble recovery, which should have counted for 2 points. And with my league having no negative points for defenses, I should've won. So now I have to wait for a stat correction to post to CBS Sports website. And if it doesn't, then I have to be THAT GUY.

But this is for money, so I guess I have no choice.

Also, 2 of my top-4 picks in this league were Gronk and Keenan Allen, so great.

I'm sure I'll have more of these stories, but let's hear yours.

Last edited by Butter : 09-13-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

2 league 3 top 3 picks, gronk, demariaus, watkins....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

Hi my name is Joe,

I'm in a very competitive auction league, deep rosters (4 WR, FL, 2 of everything else). I spent weeks doing research and ranking 250 players, hours of preparation, the whole ball of yarn. I entered the draft room as soon as it opened and filled my draft list with people I didn't want at the top so that if I nominated them and got them, it only cost me a dollar, and if someone else spent more than a dollar on them, huzzah. In the middle of my draft list were kickers and defense, ranked accordingly. At the bottom of my draft list were all my "fliers", backups who I'd love to have on my bench in case the starter went down, mostly RB's, but some QB's and WR's in there too.

Within the first 20 minutes I'm already off of my strategy. I have purchased Andrew Luck & Aaron Rogers and spent about 70% of my money already. That was stupid, I think to myself, but I can win this league by acing the end of the draft. I do not do that. Instead for some reason I panic in the last 100 selections or so and end up with a bench full of crap. I'm not sure how it happened, I was prepared, well prepared. I just...panicked? I'm still not sure.

Anyhow, after the draft I had Eli Manning on my bench and was able to pick up Carson Wentz via free agency. I parlayed them, along with Charles Simms (he's a good backup, but a backup nun the less, I can move him) and Steelers TE Jesse James in exchange for Eddie Lacey and Gronk. Alright, I'm set baby.

Welp. I get killed in week 1 when Gronk doesn't play, Sammy Watkins does nothing, Jeremy Hill does nothing, Eddie Lacey does nothing, Jared Cook (whom I had pegged as a major sleeper) does nothing and Derick Henry does nothing.

That's OK though, it's only week 1, things will get better.

Oh yeah? Watkins season is shaping up to be worth nothing, Gronk has given me 3 weeks of no points, Jeremy Hill is showing no signs of doing anything, Lacey has been worth less than stains in my underpants, and oh yeah, Corey Coleman now has a broken hand. I essentially have two QB's a team full of crap.

Hi, my name is Joe, and my season is a turd.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, I had the worst draft I think I have ever had sitting at #2. A position I hate to draft from but still had a plan and from round 3 on every player or group of players I lined up got taken a few picks ahead of me. I hate my team. My second RB is Jonathan Stewart. My third RB is Foster or Yeldon. I have decent WR but my QB situation is basically roll with Bortles or hope that I can stream in a league where everyone keeps 2 QB

Obviously I didn't draft well, but it's not like I consistently went off the board or picked risky players either. I've just never had a situation where everything broke against me and I just had shitty options every time my pick came up.

Last edited by bhlloy : 09-23-2016 at 03:10 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #5
Butter
Coordinator

Gronkowski basically barely playing last night screwed me too.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
wustin
College Prospect

Glad I decided to start Blount over Langford but I'm still annoyed the 3 running backs I drafted are pretty much out.

Last edited by wustin : 09-23-2016 at 03:27 PM.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Hi my name is Joe,

I'm in a very competitive auction league, deep rosters (4 WR, FL, 2 of everything else). I spent weeks doing research and ranking 250 players, hours of preparation, the whole ball of yarn. I entered the draft room as soon as it opened and filled my draft list with people I didn't want at the top so that if I nominated them and got them, it only cost me a dollar, and if someone else spent more than a dollar on them, huzzah. In the middle of my draft list were kickers and defense, ranked accordingly. At the bottom of my draft list were all my "fliers", backups who I'd love to have on my bench in case the starter went down, mostly RB's, but some QB's and WR's in there too.

Within the first 20 minutes I'm already off of my strategy. I have purchased Andrew Luck & Aaron Rogers and spent about 70% of my money already. That was stupid, I think to myself, but I can win this league by acing the end of the draft. I do not do that. Instead for some reason I panic in the last 100 selections or so and end up with a bench full of crap. I'm not sure how it happened, I was prepared, well prepared. I just...panicked? I'm still not sure.

Anyhow, after the draft I had Eli Manning on my bench and was able to pick up Carson Wentz via free agency. I parlayed them, along with Charles Simms (he's a good backup, but a backup nun the less, I can move him) and Steelers TE Jesse James in exchange for Eddie Lacey and Gronk. Alright, I'm set baby.

Welp. I get killed in week 1 when Gronk doesn't play, Sammy Watkins does nothing, Jeremy Hill does nothing, Eddie Lacey does nothing, Jared Cook (whom I had pegged as a major sleeper) does nothing and Derick Henry does nothing.

That's OK though, it's only week 1, things will get better.

Oh yeah? Watkins season is shaping up to be worth nothing, Gronk has given me 3 weeks of no points, Jeremy Hill is showing no signs of doing anything, Lacey has been worth less than stains in my underpants, and oh yeah, Corey Coleman now has a broken hand. I essentially have two QB's a team full of crap.

Hi, my name is Joe, and my season is a turd.

Hello Joe,

you are amongst friends here. all of us have screwed up a draft (or two)
Old 09-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Gronkowski basically barely playing last night screwed me too.

I don't play fantasy football but I've done my friend's auction draft for him the last two years because he's been unavailable for them. I got Gronkowski and he was at work yesterday when news broke that Gronk would be playing so I decided to be helpful and went ahead and replaced Kyle Rudolph in his lineup with him.

Oops.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #9
korme
Go Reds

My Bortles/Allen Robinson combo was the worst decision I made since drafting Jon Stewart/Reggie Bush back to back in the first 2 rounds in like 2010
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #10
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wow!

I managed to get 123 points out of just FIVE players this week!!!

All of whom were on my bench...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
lungs
Pro Rookie

I needed ten points with Julio Jones and B. Cooks going last night.....
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #12
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Started K Benjamin after he was on my bench the first two weeks.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #13
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

ANyone else get the big, fat goose-egg from Ryan Mathews?

Also, any fellow Russell Wilson owners out there who think he is going to be below average FF wise since he cant run for the foreseeable future? High ankle sprain and sprained MCL. Fuck.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #14
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I am so awesome I got in top 20 percent with Ben and wheaton. Didn't watch game but cousin told me wheaton dropped td on first drive. I really missed this game. Gigantic whiff.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #15
wustin
College Prospect

Two WRs i started this week: Kelvin Benjamin and Julio Jones.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #16
Butter
Coordinator

I started Gronk and Willie Snead this week. Solid gold!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #17
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
ANyone else get the big, fat goose-egg from Ryan Mathews?

Also, any fellow Russell Wilson owners out there who think he is going to be below average FF wise since he cant run for the foreseeable future? High ankle sprain and sprained MCL. Fuck.

Here are the options I have in front of me with this situation.

Fitz on my bench. A Smith, Taylor, Gabbert, Tanny, Prescott, Osweiler are free agents.

No clue what to do.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

Had one of those weeks in a league of mine... the 2nd-highest scoring team took a loss, and the 2nd-lowest scoring team scored a win.

It's the price we pay for our love of head-to-head and wins/losses, but sometimes it sucks. (In my case, I actually was the top scoring team, so I'm not griping in this case, but had we been edged out by a late MNF score, I would have been pretty hot about it)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #19
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Here are the options I have in front of me with this situation.

Fitz on my bench. A Smith, Taylor, Gabbert, Tanny, Prescott, Osweiler are free agents.

No clue what to do.

That looks like a pretty streamable bunch...
Old 10-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #20
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Figured I would throw a fantasy baseball one in here. So my league started on a Sunday-Saturday loop due to our draft etc so yesterday we could change our lineups for the last day of the season. I'm sitting in first and Raisel Iglesias seems like a pretty harmless pitcher and I don't want to overthink anything and pull somebody and end up losing strikeouts or something but I didn't need the saves. Ends up blowing the game at the end of the day causing me to drop a spot in ERA by 0.001 and go from $650 first place to the close to $200 second place consultation.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #21
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Had one of those weeks in a league of mine... the 2nd-highest scoring team took a loss, and the 2nd-lowest scoring team scored a win.

It's the price we pay for our love of head-to-head and wins/losses, but sometimes it sucks. (In my case, I actually was the top scoring team, so I'm not griping in this case, but had we been edged out by a late MNF score, I would have been pretty hot about it)

Heh, turnabout. Same league, this week my team had the 2nd highest score in the league, and took the loss by one point.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #22
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Figured I would throw a fantasy baseball one in here. So my league started on a Sunday-Saturday loop due to our draft etc so yesterday we could change our lineups for the last day of the season. I'm sitting in first and Raisel Iglesias seems like a pretty harmless pitcher and I don't want to overthink anything and pull somebody and end up losing strikeouts or something but I didn't need the saves. Ends up blowing the game at the end of the day causing me to drop a spot in ERA by 0.001 and go from $650 first place to the close to $200 second place consultation.

That's infuriating.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #23
Butter
Coordinator

Played against Julio Jones this week, and again had Gronk in the lineup instead of Kyle Rudolph. Fuck me.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #24
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Played against Julio Jones this week, and again had Gronk in the lineup instead of Kyle Rudolph. Fuck me.

Yep. Ditto on the Gronk/Rudolph. I picked up Rudolph when Gronk was out, I've started Gronk the last 2 weeks over Rudolph. It has not worked out well.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #25
bhlloy
Coordinator

In my main money league I went for 160 off the back of Julio, but in my second one I went with Gio and Maclin over West and Crabtree and turned a 40 point win into a 5 point loss
Old 10-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #26
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to have a similar dilemma with Rudolph/Eifert. Rudolph seems to catch a TD every game but Eifert/Gronk are clearly superior when healthy. I guess it's a better problem to have than a backup like Eflon or something who doesn't score points.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #27
bhlloy
Coordinator

To be honest, that isn't going to be remotely a dilemma with Brady back. Eifert is a little more questionable and I might give that one some time but I'd expect him to slot right back into to that offense in a few weeks as well

Last edited by bhlloy : 10-04-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #28
Comey
College Starter

My draft in the FOFC league...

1st Round: AP
2nd Round: Gronk

It's gone downhill from there. I drafted Lacy...got Brady, so I got Bortles, and then Fitzpatrick, since we're a 2QB league. Tyler Lockett has apparently been playing with an undisclosed injury. I picked him up. Delanie Walker, who I picked up because of the value (late in the draft), got hurt early. I had Josh Gordon. I picked up Spencer Ware, and enjoyed that for two weeks...but then all of that uncertainty with the Chiefs RB spot. So I picked up Chris Ivory as an anticipatory move. I

Yeah, that worked. So I picked up Cameron Artis-Payne. Yeah, that worked too. Essentially, nothing I have tried this year as worked, and nearly every move I have made has blown up in my face (for instance, I picked up Jamison Crowder last week, as he was playing Cleveland, and he was a PPR darling. He got four points.) I did get Carson Wentz and Jordan Howard, and sat Gronk last week in favor of Hunter Henry...but it definitely didn't matter.

My team has scored, far and away, the least amount of points in the league. And we have had the most scored against us (again, far and away). I believe it to be the greatest Hindenburg situation the FOFC League has ever seen.

There's a certain pride to that. It's a very specific one, though.

Last edited by Comey : 10-04-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #29
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Deciding between DeSean Jackson and Will Fuller every week is going to haunt my dreams. And I picked up John Brown when he was waived after week 2 & he's back now... So I'm all but guaranteed to pick wrong.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #30
rowech
Pro Starter

My team is:

Brady and Luck
Gurley, Anderson, Sims, Morris, and Ajayi
Edelman, Hilton, T. Benjamin, Hurns, and Lockett

I am somehow 1-3. I will be trading Luck tomorrow and will either have Wentz or Stafford as my backup and will have Cooper in place of Lockett.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #31
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Lost by less than one point against Roethlisberger and Julio Jones. I wouldn't even be mad, but DeAndre Hopkins and his 0.90 points on the week makes it infuriating.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #32
miked
College Starter

Man, started the season with Doug Martin, Ameer Abdullah, Justin Forsett, Alfred Morris, and Matt Asiata. I had to start Forsett and Morris this week, without of course knowing that Forsett was a last minute scratch. Lost by 3 pts with Asiata on the bench. Also started ARI Defense over MIN.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #33
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Playing in a FCS league of all things after a few years away. Won the entire thing the first year I played in it, but this year, can't catch a break. Lost two games by a point, one by fractions of a point b/c of the scoring system.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:52 AM   #34
Comey
College Starter

So I started this year with AP and Lacy as my RB. My QB, because Brady was out with a suspension, were Bortles and Fitzpatrick.

I picked up Wentz after Fitzpatrick's six picks. That worked out a bit. But Bortles was killing me. With Wentz going through a bad stretch, I played Bortles...and that was an awful decision. Yet, I rebounded from an 0-4 start in the FOFC league (winning last week by a point, despite sitting Jay Ajayi in favor of Terrence West, going against my gut).

This week, I decided I had to make a change. Fitzpatrick came back and looked okay, and they play the Browns this week. So, I picked him back up. Who'd I cut?

Blake Bortles, who generated 35 points last night. Granted, it was all in garbage time, but...still. He had more points last night than he had this year combined.

I swear, every decision I make this year has immediate ass-biting returns.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:09 AM   #35
wustin
College Prospect

But you have Brady
Old 10-29-2016, 05:04 AM   #36
BYU 14
Coordinator

After riding Shady McCoy and CJ Anderson to a 6-1 record and 1st place in my division, I am stuck starting Robert Kelly and Duke Johnson this week since Rashad Jennings has bye and Matt Jones has joined McCoy and Anderson on the injured list! Fucking fabulous!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:31 AM   #37
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post

Blake Bortles, who generated 35 points last night. Granted, it was all in garbage time, but...still. He had more points last night than he had this year combined.

Along those lines....Allen F. Robinson is really aggravating me. Especially when BB throws 3 TDs and he once again has none of them.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:04 PM   #38
bhlloy
Coordinator

Just lost two big money leagues with the OT pass from Prescott to Witten, along with the completions to Beasley during that drive.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:58 AM   #39
digamma
Torchbearer

League with no fractional scoring. I'm now 1-5 in games decided by 1 or 2 points. I would like better luck please.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #40
Bobble
College Prospect

Welp, it's been a tough season but I've barely managed to eek into the playoffs by a little over one point. I play in a 16-team league where 4 division winners advance, 2 wild cards based on wins, and 2 wild cards based on total points. A disappointing 3rd rnd pick Golden Tate went off (finally!) to make the playoffs possible despite a crappy record and a disappointing 2nd rnd pick Brandon Marshall dribbled in just enough points more than the other guy's Matt Forte to allow me to sneak in the door (unless there's a scoring adjustment in the next few days -- LACK of a scoring adjustment got me into the Final last season Fantasy football official score change -- need advice. - Front Office Football Central). So, I'm primed to get my butt beat the first week.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #41
QuikSand
lolzcat

Tough year for converting points into wins for me, across 4 leagues.

2nd in points, ekes into playoffs as 5 seed
3rd in points, sits out as "7th seed" at 6-7
1st in points by a mile, still has to fight for a bye in week 14
2nd in points, ekes into playoffs as 6 seed
Old 12-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #42
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I feel you, Quik. I'm in three leagues, and in all of them I am comfortably in the top three in points scored. In all three of them, I am nearly 200 points clear of second place in points against, and will miss the playoffs in all three for the first time in I don't even remember.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #43
QuikSand
lolzcat

I can't think of anything systemic about it. I think it's just a "stuff happens" deal.

It's not like we're making mistakes that create imbalanced teams -- I might occasionally have a QB/WR combo from the same team, which I guess might lead to some lopsiding of points/wins (think of the Ryan/Julio 500/300 game this year -- you can only get one win for that even if you doubled up your league in points that week)... but it's not like I am committed to that strategy in any way more than anyone else.

Just dumb luck. In one league, my "points allowed" was only a shade behind the highest "points for" of anyone in the league, and that just shouldn't happen.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #44
Suicane75
Coordinator

I can finally stop trying. I feel clean. Pure. I can stop waiting for this guy or that guy to heal or start putting up points. I am Suicane, I am eliminated, I can breathe.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #45
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I have a league where I was "favored" to win by our scoring system on ESPN 9 weeks so far and I'm 2-11 with a week left. That takes talent. I just checked and I'm 1-12 against their spread this year with the win being favored by .3 and I won the game by .5.

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 12-06-2016 at 10:06 AM.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #46
Hammer755
High School Varsity

I may have been the only person still watching an awful game, but Kenny Britt's garbage time 66-yd reception and resulting 1-yd TD catch put me into the playoffs. He had a goose egg until that point, and added 14 points on those two plays, allowing me to win by 12 and sneak into my league's final playoff spot.

I felt like one of those degenerate gamblers that Al Michaels sometimes winks to when a spread or over/under is impacted late in a blowout.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 12-06-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #47
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I can't think of anything systemic about it. I think it's just a "stuff happens" deal.

It's not like we're making mistakes that create imbalanced teams -- I might occasionally have a QB/WR combo from the same team, which I guess might lead to some lopsiding of points/wins (think of the Ryan/Julio 500/300 game this year -- you can only get one win for that even if you doubled up your league in points that week)... but it's not like I am committed to that strategy in any way more than anyone else.

Just dumb luck. In one league, my "points allowed" was only a shade behind the highest "points for" of anyone in the league, and that just shouldn't happen.

Yup. It seems odd to me that it happened at all, but to happen in three independent leagues, with random schedules...

Like you mentioned up thread, the price we pay for wanting those clean wins and losses each week.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #48
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would have strolled into the playoffs as the #1 seed in my league...all I needed was for Dwayne Allen to score less than 19 points. Seemed like a no brainer.

I also think it's complete crap that the top 4 teams in the league in points scored are going into the playoffs as the #1, #2, #7, and #8 seeds. #5 in points scored finished 9th and just missed the playoffs by the points scored tie breaker. It's a 12 team league and I get the guy with the Jones/Ryan combo. Already beat him twice this year, but those two could always explode and bury me with no chance. Thanks Dwayne Allen.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #49
Suicane75
Coordinator

Was trying to think of a way to reimagine FF. What if you had a 12 team league and instead of H2H you just had the top 6 point getters per week get a win, and the bottom 6 get a loss? Then do H2H for the playoffs?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #50
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Was trying to think of a way to reimagine FF. What if you had a 12 team league and instead of H2H you just had the top 6 point getters per week get a win, and the bottom 6 get a loss? Then do H2H for the playoffs?

Sounds less interesting than the existing. For most of the year, I have no interest in anyone but the guys on my own team. There's no reason to strategize match-ups or anything. If a guy on MY team isn't playing in the televised game, at least I could have rooted against my opponent. Even if I don't have the best team, I could always hope for a little luck and eek out wins versus a better team having a bad day.

I've wondered if you could take FF and throw in some more tactics. Something like designate a "double cover" where you can halve a particular opposing player's points. Or something like the old Status Pro Football playcalling where I secretly declare an emphasized player and my opponent declares defense versus run or pass. If he guesses correctly, bonus for him. If incorrectly, bonus for me.

For reference from Status Pro Football:

Code:
Play Key BC No Key Wrong Key Prevent D Pass or Blitz Runs +4 +2 0 0 0 Draw +2 +2 +2 -2 -4

Not fully thought out but there's a kernel in there...
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote