Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
Butter
Coordinator

College Football Official Week Zero Thread

Cal vs. Hawaii in Australia at 10 PM Eastern time Friday, which is Saturday noon local time.

Then North Dakota State begins its 47th straight title defense against Charleston Southern on Saturday night.

ESPN's college football scoreboard considers both of these games part of "Week 1"... where most teams have their first game next week, starting on Thursday. Thus, Week Zero.

Hawaii is rewarded for playing in Australia with a road game at Michigan about 7 days later.

Last edited by Butter : 08-25-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Groundhog, are you going to the Cal-Hawaii game?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

So Hawaii will fly to Australia to play a game at 9am their time. Then fly home, then fly to Michigan for a game that will start at 6am their time? That line should be -50.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
tarcone
Coordinator

Wow. That is a brutal turn around.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:05 PM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'll just drop this here so we all remember. We're starting off this year at home against a semi-finalist from last year. I'm curious to see how the team responds. Last year we lost on the road against Montana to open the season. There's going to be a lot of pressure on Easton Stick to run the team. You'd have to think that his 8-0 record as a starter last year will give him confidence, but don't underestimate the pressure of following Wentz and the 5-time title run.

Like I said last year I don't think anyone is expecting the team to get to the finals again. It's been a great run, and there is now no peer in the history of NCAA Football for consecutive titles. I'm sure to never see it again in my lifetime, the run has been so much fun.

The defense is going to be incredible again. The offense is huge. They will need to control the clock and find some reliable weapons in order to scare people. Easton isn't the slinger that Carson was.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
tarcone
Coordinator

Im planning on being in Iowa City when they visit on the 17th of September.

May get a ticket or just tailgate then go watch it at a watering hole.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
So Hawaii will fly to Australia to play a game at 9am their time. Then fly home, then fly to Michigan for a game that will start at 6am their time? That line should be -50.

Actually, it will be 4 PM Friday in Honolulu when this game kicks off. But thanks to International Date Line, it will be noon Saturday in Sydney. But indeed the Michigan game will start at 6 AM Hawaii local time.

Last edited by Butter : 08-26-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #8
Suicane75
Coordinator

Are they playing this game on ice? Bisons can't stay on their damned feet.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #9
booradley
High School Varsity

The NDSU title run is nothing short of amazing. FCS football is very competitive. I do some pro bono research for a couple of online sports sites, and I can tell you the FCS players are studs. Maybe a tad slow, a bit short, or perhaps a bit undisciplined (academic or otherwise) for the top-tier FBS schools, but still terrific athletes. My hat's off to NDSU, is all I'm sayin'. Incredible ...
Old 08-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #10
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Good game last night.

Have a couple local kids playing at Charleston Southern so was pulling for the upset. A tad disappointed but glad for a good game.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
The NDSU title run is nothing short of amazing. FCS football is very competitive. I do some pro bono research for a couple of online sports sites, and I can tell you the FCS players are studs. Maybe a tad slow, a bit short, or perhaps a bit undisciplined (academic or otherwise) for the top-tier FBS schools, but still terrific athletes. My hat's off to NDSU, is all I'm sayin'. Incredible ...

One of he kids I coached at Westview (Jordan Champion) went to NDSU and was a two year starter at CB, captain last year and got all 5 rings. Great kid, talented and a hard worker and size was the only the reason he did not get an FBS offer. To demonstrate your point, we had another player Chuks Amaechi that went there. He ended up leaving and going to a JC for two years, but signed before last season at Georgia, where he played in all 13 games and should start at DE this season. So an SEC talent that was overlooked as he was kind of a tweener coming out of HS and grew into an FBS body type while at the Juco.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-28-2016 at 01:52 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote