Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: So how do I play this?
Baseball - Indians/Mariners 2 28.57%
Basketball - Cavs/Pistons 3 42.86%
Both - You deserve it 1 14.29%
Fuck it. I'm still in for tacos 1 14.29%
Trout should fly 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC Interactive: Layover Decisions Part II

So someone brought up the point that the Cavs have a playoff game that night too. It's right in the same area. Still walking distance to the hotel. Baseball starts at 6, basketball starts at 8.

I can get any seat for the Indians for around $10, or I can get a really good one for about $20-25.

For the Cavs I can get one for about $45. And it's in the rafters. I'm not much of a basketball fan, I'll admit. I comes and it goes, but I can certainly appreciate the chance to see LeBron and the Cavs in a great atmostphere.

Now, I never spend this kind of money on the road, but this seems like an opportunity not to pass up. Rarely is this kind of opportunity available on a layover when I can actually do it. I was slightly off on my schedule. I said EWR-JAX-CLE, when in reality it's EWR-JAX-EWR-CLE. It's a subtle difference, but an extra flight nonetheless.

That brings me to the options:

Baseball?
Basketball?
Both?

Admittedly, basketball will be hard. It's later, and I'll be pretty tired. Plus I have to get up at 0430 the next day for work. Doing both would require some kind of iron man skills and I'd really have to think about the money. That's a once a year kind of thing, maybe once every 5 years.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You clearly like baseball better than basketball. And it starts earlier. So watch baseball.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

It's a shame you're a pilot because this seems like a great opportunity to find a good bar and just sit down with a couple beers, relax and watch everything. I think it's my favorite part of business travel.

I'd definitely choose baseball. More calm which is what you need. And even though it's the playoffs, a round 1 basketball game seems like it has a good chance of being pretty boring for the first hour and a half.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The rafter seats at the Q are way WAYYYYYYY up there. While it's usually an amazing atmosphere I would not recommend sitting that high especially when the place is packed to the top. Either drop serious cash on a much better seat or it's not worth going IMO.

Any seat at progressive is pretty good, except if you get lower infield towards the foul pole. Those are really awkward.

Last edited by stevew : 04-19-2016 at 02:25 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

also I've used Score Big before, it might be worth it for baseball.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote