Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

DDS: College Basketball 2016

Things are going along great with the new version of the pro game. We've had good feedback, the game is very stable, people are loving the introduction of historical replay and there will be more updates coming too but if college hoops is your thing I've got a new version of that getting ready to launch. Here's the details - if you bought PB16 there's a coupon code in the link to save for the launch and you will get 25% off CB16. If you didn't buy PB16 yet there will be a special offer in the webstore when you add either game once CB16 is launched later this week. Hope a number of you guys will check it out - feel free to ask questions.

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2016 – Wolverine Studios

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's stable, right? Because I think I might be intrigued by the bundle and a different UI. Always get a jonesing for march madness basketball simming.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I've had some of the most diehard DDS:CB guys playing the game for a better part of a year now. Nobody can ever say there will be zero issues but much like the pro game if anything pops up because someone else played in a different way than they did it will get fixed ASAP. You can take a look at the forum for the new pro game and see that nobody has any crash issues that haven't been resolved - just to the point of suggestions and tweaks and stuff like that there
Old 03-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

You timed this release perfectly!

Sorry I will purchase both of your new games this weekend so havent been able to check on this myself.

Have you changed the core engine at all? Your games have always produced accurate stats and the teams would win at a normal rate. I just sort of thought the gameflow didnt always make the most sense.

The gameflow in FBCB and FBPB always seemed to be more realistic to me. Just a lot of very lopsided scores in that 103-73 range. And not enough of them games that end 101-99. It got to the point where if I was coaching or watching a game on the older version I could tell within the first 5 minutes if I was meant to win that game.

A typical NBA game will see numerous runs by both teams. A team may jump out to a 28-12 lead and go into the half with a 48-44 lead. In your creation it just seemed that big run would just basically lead to the game being over and a 108-75 win.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-09-2016 at 12:22 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
You timed this release perfectly!

Sorry I will purchase both of your new games this weekend so havent been able to check on this myself.

Have you changed the core engine at all? Your games have always produced accurate stats and the teams would win at a normal rate. I just sort of thought the gameflow didnt always make the most sense.

A typical NBA game will see numerous runs by both teams. A team may jump out to a 28-12 lead and go into the half with a 48-44 lead. In your creation it just seemed that big run would just basically lead to the game being over and a 108-75 win.

The pro game had the engine basically redone because I introduced all kinds of new player ratings to give you much more specific, NBA types of situations. If you go to the website, look up the blog section and check out the developer diary explaining the new ratings. They make a huge difference in not only the game results but in roster building too. The thread here on FOFC about PB16 has some pretty good comments from some users who are seeing just how important those factors are to roster building.

The college game I didn't introduce those ratings - I started to but then backed off because I still want the focus in the college game to be more about running different sets as opposed to a player having tendencies to do certain things. Its possible I will push the two together in a future version but I liked it better as it was so I left it that way. The CB engine did go through some changes as well though both to increase negative repercussions for overdoing it on things like crashing the boards or defensive pressure as well as some changes to account for new rules like the shorter shot clock and the impacts it is having in the NCAA stats wise this season.

Definitely feel free to run them both as demos (once CB is released anyway) and take a look for yourself then hit the webstore once you're ready to buy. Thanks for the support!
Old 03-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

Gary,

How do you handle the ratings when you import from the college game to the pro game since they are different?
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Gary,

How do you handle the ratings when you import from the college game to the pro game since they are different?

There are calculations I use to convert from NBA stats to the pro game player ratings for the pro players so I use a similar formula to generate the player ratings from college to pro based on the college player's ratings, his stats and the statistical ranges of items for NBA players
Old 03-09-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thanks for the heads up. Was waiting for the college game to purchase both.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #9
hollmt
High School Varsity

I bought version 2 and 3 and enjoyed them both. I like to play out and coach my games, but noticed that in 3, the fouls were upped when playing out my games as opposed to simming them. I will not sim my team games as I enjoy the control much more. Has the foul issue been looked into and adjusted when playing out the games to match as well as possible games that are simmed?
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #10
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
I bought version 2 and 3 and enjoyed them both. I like to play out and coach my games, but noticed that in 3, the fouls were upped when playing out my games as opposed to simming them. I will not sim my team games as I enjoy the control much more. Has the foul issue been looked into and adjusted when playing out the games to match as well as possible games that are simmed?

This wasn't an issue raised by the beta team which does contain people who prefer to play as opposed to sim. There was work done on the engine in regards to fouls on the whole so I don't know if this does exist or not but if there's statistical proof that there does seem to be a bias it would be corrected. There's no reason for there to be assuming you didn't do anything differently than the AI would have done but its hard to say if you are pressing more or playing more pressure defense or more man to man or even playing at a faster pace. Any of those changes (or others really) could skew your team to being more likely to commit a foul.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #11
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I am intrigued! One thing, the three point line needs moved back! How much customization is there and how easy is it? One thing I love about FB games is the ease of creating any alternative universe.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #12
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Well you can't change the length of the three point line but there is a built in alternate universe option where you play with promotion/relegation style
Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #13
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Was waiting for the college game to purchase both.

+1

Damn and I am supposed to be doing some painting around the house this weekend.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I meant by the picture of the court...the 3 pt line is still like it used to be.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #15
General Mike
Pro Starter

Tempted to buy it. I always get frustrated by college basketball games by how little success I have with Rutgers.

Last edited by General Mike : 03-09-2016 at 08:43 PM.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #16
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Tempted to buy it. I always get frustrated by college basketball games by how little success I have with Rutgers.

Well considering they've had like 7 winning seasons in the past 30 years I would say its probably quite a challenge you're taking on there
Old 03-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #17
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Did I miss expected release date?
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #18
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Did I miss expected release date?

It says later this week.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #19
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
It says later this week.

Thanks...I guess not today then
Old 03-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #20
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Check back tomorrow
Old 03-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #21
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

DDS: College Basketball 2016 is now available!

There's a discount available and I want to make sure FOFC can take advantage of it.

If you already own PB16 you can get 25% off CB16. Just put CB16 in the cart, enter your personal info and use the SAME email address you bought PB16 with. Then enter the coupon code CBDEAL and press apply and its should knock 25% off

If you don't own either and want both games then just put one in the cart. Then you'll be prompted if you want to add the other for 25% off. If you put them both in the cart together at the same time it won't prompt you to save on the second. I mean, you CAN pay full price for both if you want though

If anyone has any difficulties just let me know. As always the game can be downloaded as a demo too.

If you didn't see the blog post about some new stuff and screenshots etc then check it out at Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2016 – Wolverine Studios

As always I appreciate the support - enjoy your march madness
Old 03-11-2016, 08:56 AM   #22
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got 'em! Hope to fire them up some tonight or tomorrow night.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #23
korme
Go Reds

I'm not getting the prompt?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #24
korme
Go Reds

Nevermind, had to remove the PB16 and finally saw the link for the discount.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #25
Capital
High School Varsity

The screenshots look incredible! I haven't played since College Basketball 2 - they have really come along.

One question, how much history is kept for each school? Specifically on individual players? For instance, if I'm 20 years into my career, can I go back and see the top 10 (or so) players at my school in terms of Rebounding, on a career and single season basis?
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #26
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
The screenshots look incredible! I haven't played since College Basketball 2 - they have really come along.

One question, how much history is kept for each school? Specifically on individual players? For instance, if I'm 20 years into my career, can I go back and see the top 10 (or so) players at my school in terms of Rebounding, on a career and single season basis?

Thank you

There is an almanac for records for the entire association but on a team basis you have a team record book for each team with the top 30 for single game, single season and career and also there is the option to display every stat line for every player to ever play for the school for every season. Hows that?
Old 03-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Got 'em! Hope to fire them up some tonight or tomorrow night.

I want a FULL report on how you turned around Mizzou and won the NC!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #28
korme
Go Reds

Is there an easy file that corrects the team names at the very least? Logos would also be welcome!
Old 03-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #29
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Is there an easy file that corrects the team names at the very least? Logos would also be welcome!

Yes, "bloomington" on our site is doing the following - should be available this weekend

Quote:
I will putting out a real world mod shortly. Wasn't sure Valdarix was coming back (but definitely glad to see him back ) or not so produced one of my own. Testing it now. Should be done very shortly.

will feature the following...

1) All schools and school details including North Alabama's move to the OVC next season (game is hardcoded for 1 extra team not in DIv1 this year but North Alabama will join the OVC next season)
2) All my school courts and tournament courts (including the tournament courts that didnt work in CB3 as well as new tournament courts such as the Horizon)
3) All school logos and conference and association logos
4) Past standings back to 2000
5) Champions for all conferences and tournaments back to inception of those tournaments and conferences (including Ivy league winner from 1920 to present - because thats as far back as the game allows)
6) *NEW* Hall of Fame Coaches (with minimum 600 wins) including a season by season break down of their win-loss records, tournament data etc

and an auto installer so all you need to do is hit install and everything will be done for u - so even the least tech savvy person can enjoy - and no more worries about how to use or install mods!

Going forward...

1) Real Coaches Mod to include all current Div 1 coaches and playing styles so yes, you will see teams play their REAL defensive styles.
2) Updated uniforms (still in progress)
Old 03-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #30
wustin
College Prospect

So this happens to me in both CB2016 and PB2016. Whenever I enter commish mode and edit a player's ratings, hit backspace repeatedly in one of the numerical boxes, I get this window and the game crashes.

Last edited by wustin : 03-11-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #31
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Yeah someone mentioned that if you hit backspace to clear it does that but if you highlight it to change it then it works. I'll get it fixed up in both.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #32
korme
Go Reds

Any tips on recruiting with a small school? For instance how many recruits should be on my call list?
Old 03-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #33
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I am just checking out the demo and it seems like there are only certain jobs available? Can you not select any job you want to start?

Also, is there a recommend button for the depth chart that I am missing?

Recruiting question...does the filter by stars work? I chose 5 star only and udate and i get a huge list with guys not even ranked. Every time I open a recruits card, make some decisions then close the card, the game reloads the whole list of recruits. It only takes a second or two, but over and over gets pretty tedious.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 03-11-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #34
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

The jobs are based on your skill level and in some cases your importance on academics. You can't be a scrub coach and start at Duke or something like that.

For the depth chart on the sub matrix screen there should be two ai options - one to set just the sub matrix based on the depth chart you have setup and one for the ai to setup both the depth chart and sub matrix.

The filter by stars should work - I will check it out
Old 03-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #35
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
The jobs are based on your skill level and in some cases your importance on academics. You can't be a scrub coach and start at Duke or something like that.

For the depth chart on the sub matrix screen there should be two ai options - one to set just the sub matrix based on the depth chart you have setup and one for the ai to setup both the depth chart and sub matrix.

I'm not seeing that second one at all. As I look closer at the screen it seems the graphics are a little strange...I'm seeing colored boxes that are just empty.

I've also noticed that when I click the swap button on the left of the screen, the box at the bottom moves up over the top 25 list and blocks an area of it. Hard to describe, but I wonder if the demo version isn't formatted correctly or something??

Anyway, the sub matrix screen gives me 1) ai suggest 2) set lock (i dont know what this is, it doesn't seem to do anything) 3) restore 4) set by min

Edit to add, hope you don't mind some minor suggestions...When viewing the roster by Ratings, it would be super helpful to include a column showing their class.

and finally, before I head to bed, Can you adjust the frequency of injuries?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 03-11-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:24 AM   #36
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:

I only have one option....just an AI Suggest....no option to setup both depth chart and sub matrix. Would be god if that could be included.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #37
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:

Maybe I am just over looking it, but on the screen were it lists all the recruits and you have the option to filter by stars, the actual list of players does not include a column that actually shows their stars. Is there a way to see that which I am just missing?
Old 03-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #38
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, "bloomington" on our site is doing the following - should be available this weekend

Looks like the mod is ready to go.

I don't have the game yet.. so keep posting thoughts on the game!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 03-12-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #39
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Looks like the mod is ready to go.

I don't have the game yet.. so keep posting thoughts on the game!

Mod looks good so far...I only have the demo, but no crashes experienced yet and really no major issues. I have seen teams have double headers scheduled (2 games on one day), although something I would like to see fixed, not sure it really has an impact on the game itself.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #40
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mod looks good so far...I only have the demo, but no crashes experienced yet and really no major issues. I have seen teams have double headers scheduled (2 games on one day), although something I would like to see fixed, not sure it really has an impact on the game itself.

Thanks.. I'm digging the Pro game so far.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #41
wustin
College Prospect

Being an assistant coach on a team was pretty frustrating lol
Old 03-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #42
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post

Edit to add, hope you don't mind some minor suggestions...When viewing the roster by Ratings, it would be super helpful to include a column showing their class.

and finally, before I head to bed, Can you adjust the frequency of injuries?

Pardon my brief reply - my entire household has been ravaged by some nasty bug and I can feel its about to be my turn so I'm trying to punch out as many answers as quickly as possible.

I will see what I can do with those suggestions - do you feel that the injuries are more than experienced in the NCAA or you just want a slider to make them to your liking?
Old 03-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #43
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:

Is that with the mod file? And what teams were they. We saw that with the ACC in beta but I thought I had squashed that although its possible it would not be corrected in the mod if he started it from a file before I had fixed it
Old 03-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #44
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Is that with the mod file? And what teams were they. We saw that with the ACC in beta but I thought I had squashed that although its possible it would not be corrected in the mod if he started it from a file before I had fixed it

No...purely standard game with no mods and can repeat every time with new season creation. All I do is create season , set everything to AI, and get to the create part schedule of the year. After that, doubleheaders scheduled for quite a few teams, usually in December around the 26th or 27th.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #45
TroyF
Coordinator

I've spent a ton of time with the pro game, getting ready to do a long post on it. I'll do it in that thread.

Suffice it to say, if the college game is as good as the pro game, people are going to be very happy to play it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #46
korme
Go Reds

Getting unhandled exception crashes when I click over to international recruiting
Old 03-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #47
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Getting unhandled exception crashes when I click over to international recruiting

I assume your meaning on the lefthand side under the map....mine seems to be ok, so must be something specific in your league. Just curious, any other filter options selected on that screen which may be contributing?
Old 03-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #48
korme
Go Reds

I think it happens when I'm un/checking one of the boxes and then selecting another region
Old 03-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #49
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Gotcha....I haven't seen that issue yet, but likely something specific to the sequence your doing it. If you nail down a specific pattern, I'll certainly give it a go or maybe Gary will be able to address.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #50
wustin
College Prospect

I enjoy this game a lot. Probably much moreso than PB2016 because recruiting is fun. Recruiting is not as detailed and great as it is from College Hoops 2K8 (I don't think that game's recruiting will ever be topped) but it's still good. I just wished there were viewable and sortable stars for the recruits on the hub.