Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Fantasy Football 2015 Auction Advice Thread

I know that we have a fantasy thread, but auctions are a different beast, so a thread dedicated to that particular strategy seems useful.

My first question--in my view, there are two stud QBs--Luck and Rodgers. Is it worth it breaking the bank for one of them? Or is the smart play to let someone else overpay for them and to bargain shop the next tier (Romo, Roethlisberger, Brees, Brady, Wilson, Manning)?

As for advice, I believe in the TE strategy of getting Gronk or Graham or paying a dollar for someone else. And, if you are paying $1 for someone, then take a flyer on Ben Watson. He, not Josh Hill, is the clear #1 TE for the Saints. And since the Antonio Gates days, Brees has loved his TEs. You will, IMO, get better value paying $1 for him near the end of your draft than you will paying $6 for someone after Gronk and Graham are gone.

And Brees should have another good year. For all the talk of the Saints moving toward more of a running game, the defense still looks bottom five to me. Which means that Brees will be putting up 350+ yard games in losing shootouts on the way to another 7-9 record. Also, he had an unreported injury last season, and he seems over that based on the camp reports.

Overall, none of the major RBs seem to come without question marks--especially considering what I will have to pay for them. I am tempted to play a QB/WR/WR/Gronk strategy and hope for the best with bargain shopping for RB. Or is there a reason that never ever works ?

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

I've always gone with a cheap QB, $4 or under, TE for $2-$3 max and try to get at least two stud players. I won my league last year going WR heavy but still had Forte and Morris as my backs. I still think RB's and WR's win you leagues. I've had Romo as my QB for the past few seasons and I'm always able to get him very cheap and he wins me games.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote