Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

2014 NFL Regular Season, Week 1

Figure it's about time for one of these.

My thoughts/predictions for week one:
  • Seattle handles Green Bay fairly easily; I don't see a team of this caliber having much of a Super Bowl hangover.
  • NO @ Atlanta might be the most interesting game of the week for my money. I think Atlanta bounces back this season, though I don't know if they have the horses to hang with New Orleans even outside the Superdome..
  • Tennessee scares Kansas City a little, but they can't quite pull off the upset.
  • Romo and the Dallas offense are going to have a pretty easy time of it against a formerly vaunted SF defense, but it won't be enough.
  • Oakland starting rookie QB Derek Carr on the road against a decent defensive front seven and a strong defense in general is a really, really stupid idea despite how good he looked in preseason as opposed to...
  • ...the genius move of Jacksonville starting Henne for a somewhat brutal opening to the season (@ Philly, @ Washington, vs Indianapolis, @ San Diego, vs. Pittsburgh) despite Bortles' brilliance this preseason. I wouldn't be surprised to see Henne benched in favor of Bortles in week 6 for some additional learning with the clipboard in the first part of the season and a smooth patch on the schedule to ease him in (@ Tennessee, vs Cleveland, vs Miami, @ Cincinnati, vs Dallas).
  • Arizona has a tricky opening game; in the NFC West, they're going to need every single win they can eke out, and San Diego isn't exactly a pushover. With a pretty brutal opening quarter (vs San Diego, @ NY Giants, vs San Francisco, @ Denver) they could be looking at 1-3 if they can't beat the Bolts, and with an early bye (week 4) the team might run out of gas for the late season gauntlet (vs KC, @ St. Louis, vs Seattle, @ San Francisco).

Also, am I nuts for thinking of benching Eddie Lacy against the Seattle D in favor of Ben Tate or Reggie Wayne?

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
TroyF
Coordinator

Seattle has all the makings of a dynasty. . . I just hope it doesn't happen.

Anyone who listened to me last year knows who I think the biggest disappointment is this year. The Chiefs were extraordinarily healthy last year (until their playoff game of course). They also had a dream schedule the first 9 weeks of the year. They lost 6 of their final 8 and I see that trend continuing in 2014 with a harder schedule and the inevitability of worse health. San Diego would scare the hell out of me if they knew how to actually draft and sign players. Donald Brown? Really?

With that said, I hope GB can hang with Seattle and give us a great opening night. I think the Titans fall to the Chiefs in a close one. I expect the Jets to pummel the Raiders. I like the Texans to destroy RG3. I think the Bengals will go into Baltimore and win.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #3
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think Dallas is playing for a top 5 pick this year.

I think Tennessee has a schedule favorable enough to potentially make a playoff run.

I think Green Bay will lose to Seattle, but not because of Seattle's defense.

New England is making one more big push this year. Will their team stay healthy?

Cincinnati will either plant themselves among the front runners in the AFC or suffer a series of misfortunes that push them back 5 years.

Miami starts edging closer to challenging for the AFC East title.

The Jets finally fall apart completely. I think it starts with a sloppy, ugly, low scoring loss to Oakland. MJD resurrects a dying career for at least a season.

The Jags become a serious pain in the ass as soon as they start playing Bortles.

Cleveland, after an off season that seemed like it would be one that pushed them close to getting over the hump, struggles again.

Baltimore starts showing real signs of disarray. The magic Ozzie once had is nowhere to be found in recent years, and it is about to show.

Pittsburgh just won't die. Like Roethlisberger, they avoid disaster after disaster and somehow manage to keep chugging along.

The Giants are in a basement battle with Dallas in the NFC East.

Philly is better this year, but because their defense makes strides. Foles falls back to earth. LeSean McCoy has the best year of his career.

Peyton Manning is on a mission. Denver and their improved defense is the team to beat when the playoffs start.

Arizona overtakes either Frisco or Seattle to find themselves in the playoffs.

Minnesota takes the final wild card spot on the heels of one of a much stronger defense. Their offense finds balance they haven't had for years. Peterson flourishes.

New Orleans wins the NFC South handily. Carolina goes 9-7 and misses the post season after a slow start and a strong finish. Atlanta bounces back to a degree, but they fail to get Devonta Freeman involved enough until it is too late.

My playoff predictions

AFC

1. Denver, 14-2
2. New England, 12-4
3. Cincinnati, 11-5
4. Tennessee, 10-6
5. Pittsburgh, 10-6
6. San Diego, 10-6

NFC

1. New Orleans, 13-3
2. Seattle, 12-4
3. Green Bay, 12-4
4. Philly, 11-5
5. Arizona, 10-6 (win 3 way tie breaker over Frisco via division record)
6. Minnesota, 10-6 (2nd in 3 way tie breaker by virtue of conference record)

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 09-03-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #4
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Would be nice to see a Lions win and the Giants seem like a good candidate for it. I'm still surprised that game somehow got Sunday night treatment.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Would be nice to see a Lions win and the Giants seem like a good candidate for it. I'm still surprised that game somehow got Sunday night treatment.

They're the early Monday night game, aren't they?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
They're the early Monday night game, aren't they?

Yes.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

Very happy to see a new season start and hope run in abundance. Good luck to "your" team this year. As for my beloved Cardinals, I think they take a step back sadly-they've just lost too much on the defensive side-Washington, Dockett, Abraham, Dansby, HoneyBadger (coming back from an injury) to be the strong unit they were last season. Hope I'm wrong about that, but I expect a 7-9 or 8-8 season for them.

I'd also like to ask the NFL schedule maker why after the Cards/SD just played in the last preseason game last week, they are facing each other again in Week 1? Yes I know the preseason game was full of backups and basic gameplanning, but I bet both teams would have liked to have done more in that preseason game to get ready for Week 1.

As for my "local" team, the Carolina Panthers, I think they are going to be pretty abysmal this season, no matter how they are sugarcoating it, Avant and Cotchery would not be #1 or #2 starters on any other team I think. Watch them both break 1000 yards this season now The rookie Kelvin Benjamin looks good, but he's a rookie. Cam Newton lost valuable practice time with his injury during the preseason as well.

Panthers feeling the pressure here I think too-as I mentioned above, I thought they should take a look at Stephen Hill when the Jets waived him. They just signed him to their practice squad yesterday and Panthers receiving coach (and former Cardinal) Ricky Proehl thinks he can "work wonders" with him. We'll see.

See ya all on Sunday in this thread for the real games
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
As for my "local" team, the Carolina Panthers, I think they are going to be pretty abysmal this season, no matter how they are sugarcoating it, Avant and Cotchery would not be #1 or #2 starters on any other team I think. Watch them both break 1000 yards this season now The rookie Kelvin Benjamin looks good, but he's a rookie. Cam Newton lost valuable practice time with his injury during the preseason as well.

I don't think they'll make the playoffs again, but I wouldn't say abysmal either. They'll be back in the standard Panthers range... 7-9 or 8-8.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
Blackadar
Retired

Stoked about the Steelers this year. The offense looks quite good and that defense is young, fast and can hit.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

I'd also like to ask the NFL schedule maker why after the Cards/SD just played in the last preseason game last week, they are facing each other again in Week 1? Yes I know the preseason game was full of backups and basic gameplanning, but I bet both teams would have liked to have done more in that preseason game to get ready for Week 1.

My understanding is other than national pre-season games the teams make their own preseason schedules.

The Steelers and Panthers played the last pre-season game and in Week 3. However, they have played the last pre-season game against each other every year for a number of years.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
My understanding is other than national pre-season games the teams make their own preseason schedules.

Yeah, this is correct outside the hall of fame game. There's also a strong tendency to limit travel so teams from the west tend to play other teams from the west. Since there aren't all that many of them, especially when you exclude your division rivals, San Diego is going to play a lot of the NFC West in the preseason most years.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #12
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Time to see how the Dolphins new offensive co-ordinator and revamped offensive line work out.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #13
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
New England is making one more big push this year. Will their team stay healthy?

One more? Every position other than CB(which is looking great this year) is pretty solid for the next few years. Only weakness right now is depth, injuries may kill them. But the long term outlook on this team is the best it's been since their Super Bowl runs.

I think a lot of people forget just how good they were looking last year until they lost basically every key player other than Brady to injury. I was amazed they got as far as they did.

/total homer

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-03-2014 at 12:26 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Stoked about the Steelers this year. The offense looks quite good and that defense is young, fast and can hit.

Todd Haley, Mike Tomlin, defensive schemes that were great 10 years ago, and Aaron Hernandez's #1 fan hiking to a meathead QB that probably raped someone. Can't wait for the season. At least we waited and didn't overpay Pouncey cause he's an injury prone loose cannon.

Oh wait we did.

At least the RBs like each other.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #15
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It has been pretty popular to downplay Carolina's chances this year, to the point that I think it is a little over stated now. I actually think they will be pretty good, maybe even up to 10-6 good, but 9-7 more likely, mostly because I think their division will end up one of the toughest in the league (now that a somewhat legit coach is in Tampa Bay and the ATL getting healthier).

Yes, Carolina lost some pieces in their secondary and wide receiver and couldn't really improve anywhere, but that secondary last year wasn't too talented anyway--a great front seven did a lot to mask that. I think the front seven will do so again, and the D will be pretty good.

The WRs weren't great to start last year, so I don't think the cast this year will do much worse. Plus, Benjamin has looked really good out there for a rookie WR.

Now as for the Cards... I am with Thomkal unforutnately. They have just lost too much on D, IMO, and the offense isn't good enough to compensate (mediocre QB, no serious running game).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #16
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

The Steelers and Panthers played the last pre-season game and in Week 3. However, they have played the last pre-season game against each other every year for a number of years.

Ah that I was not aware of-I knew they could ask for certain teams to be scheduled, like the Cardinals had Dallas games when they moved from the NFC East to the West. Still think it was stupid to schedule their Week 1 opponent in the last game of the preseason, but that's just me I guess.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #17
Travis
Pro Rookie

Really happy with how healthy Seattle is at this point and quite curious to see what they look to do on offense this year with a healthy (at least for now) Harvin. They'll need a few young guys to step up on the defensive line and in the secondary and at least in the latter case, they'll get tested early by Green Bay's depth at WR.

What is really scary is having a bye in week 4 and finishing the season with a stretch run of @KC, vs Ari, @SF, @Phi, vs SF, @Ari, vs StL. Really hoping they're at least 6-3 if not 7-2 by the time they hit that section of their schedule. That's going to be a brutal section to have to make up games in a playoff race.

Just so damn happy the season is finally here.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hoping Seattle mauls the Packers tomorrow. Also I think the Jags will be better than expected, Gus Bradley is a good coach. Like the Titans and Jake Locker to have a good year. Also wouldn't be too shocking if the Niners have a season from hell™
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #19
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm legitimately worried about the 49ers this year. Between the injuries and the suspensions, they're down a lot of personnel. Then I look at the schedule and I take heart. I know 'any given Sunday...' and all, but:

1. @ Dallas - Does anyone expect them to lose this one?
2. vs Chicago - Legitimate opponent, but at home...likely a win.
3. @ Arizona - Tough road game here, but Arizona has lost a lot of players on that defense. Potential loss.
4. vs Philadelphia - Another decent opponent, but again at home.
5. vs Kansas City - KC was in freefall at the end of last season, and I think they've got some work to do still.
6. @ St. Louis - Another tough road game, especially since the Rams have seemed to have SF's number lately.
7. @ Denver - Huge game. Tough test and up at Mile High to boot. Should have NaVorro Bowman back by this point, but who knows if he'll be up to speed yet.
8. vs St. Louis - Should be a win at home.
9. @ New Orleans - Another tough game. Why are the 49ers at the Superdome every freaking year? This is the third consecutive season they travel to NO.
10. @ NY Giants - East coast road game is always a tough call, even if the Giants aren't pegged to be all that great again this year.
11. vs Washington - Should be a win at home.
12. vs Seattle - Tough matchup even at home.
13. @ Oakland - Yeah.
14. @ Seattle - At least they get the Raiders between.
15. vs San Diego - Tough opponent, but at home.
16. vs Arizona - Again, Arizona has lost a lot on defense, and they'll have just gone through a really tough stretch of schedule. They may be playing for their playoff lives...but you get the game at home.

Let's call @ Denver, New Orleans and Seattle losses out of the gate. For charity's sake, let's call vs Seattle a loss as well, so that's four. In reality, I think they win at least one of those games, but this is a worst-case scenario situation. After that here are the games left I see as 'lose-able':

vs Chicago
vs Philadelphia
@ St. Louis
vs San Diego
@ NY Giants
@ Arizona

I'm pretty sure the 49ers will be the favorite in every single one of those games. I think it would take an absurd stretch of bad football (or tremendous injuries) for this team to get to 9-7.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #20
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
One more? Every position other than CB(which is looking great this year) is pretty solid for the next few years. Only weakness right now is depth, injuries may kill them. But the long term outlook on this team is the best it's been since their Super Bowl runs.

I think a lot of people forget just how good they were looking last year until they lost basically every key player other than Brady to injury. I was amazed they got as far as they did.

/total homer

What I mean is that they have reloaded and look to legitimately have no holes in their roster for the first time in a while. Brady should do better with a year of experience with those young receivers, Gronk is starting the season healthy, their secondary is the best it has been on paper since their super bowl years..

FUCK EA
Old 09-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #21
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I'm legitimately worried about the 49ers this year. Between the injuries and the suspensions, they're down a lot of personnel. Then I look at the schedule and I take heart. I know 'any given Sunday...' and all, but:

1. @ Dallas - Does anyone expect them to lose this one?
2. vs Chicago - Legitimate opponent, but at home...likely a win.
3. @ Arizona - Tough road game here, but Arizona has lost a lot of players on that defense. Potential loss.
4. vs Philadelphia - Another decent opponent, but again at home.
5. vs Kansas City - KC was in freefall at the end of last season, and I think they've got some work to do still.
6. @ St. Louis - Another tough road game, especially since the Rams have seemed to have SF's number lately.
7. @ Denver - Huge game. Tough test and up at Mile High to boot. Should have NaVorro Bowman back by this point, but who knows if he'll be up to speed yet.
8. vs St. Louis - Should be a win at home.
9. @ New Orleans - Another tough game. Why are the 49ers at the Superdome every freaking year? This is the third consecutive season they travel to NO.
10. @ NY Giants - East coast road game is always a tough call, even if the Giants aren't pegged to be all that great again this year.
11. vs Washington - Should be a win at home.
12. vs Seattle - Tough matchup even at home.
13. @ Oakland - Yeah.
14. @ Seattle - At least they get the Raiders between.
15. vs San Diego - Tough opponent, but at home.
16. vs Arizona - Again, Arizona has lost a lot on defense, and they'll have just gone through a really tough stretch of schedule. They may be playing for their playoff lives...but you get the game at home.

Let's call @ Denver, New Orleans and Seattle losses out of the gate. For charity's sake, let's call vs Seattle a loss as well, so that's four. In reality, I think they win at least one of those games, but this is a worst-case scenario situation. After that here are the games left I see as 'lose-able':

vs Chicago
vs Philadelphia
@ St. Louis
vs San Diego
@ NY Giants
@ Arizona

I'm pretty sure the 49ers will be the favorite in every single one of those games. I think it would take an absurd stretch of bad football (or tremendous injuries) for this team to get to 9-7.

I would not be surprised if they lose this weekend and I to am a bit worried about this season. Offense looked horrible all pre-season, tons of off field distractions, add in opening week/home opener for Dallas and it could be ugly.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

I think the Niners will "struggle" for the first half of the year before rounding back into shape later on as the team comes back together. Just gotta get into the playoffs.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #23
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Got my Bengals tickets for Sunday... now to get my brass knuckles into M&T...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #24
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Each of us in our family made our picks. I have NE DEN IND CINC PITT BALT and NO GB SEA PHIL SF ATL.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #25
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I think the Niners will "struggle" for the first half of the year before rounding back into shape later on as the team comes back together. Just gotta get into the playoffs.

Yup, my thinking too. And actually I do think they will lose this weekend to the Cowboys. It's the kinda thing that happens in the NFL. The defense is going to be in a bad spot because of the injuries/suspensions and going up against a very good offense. Dallas's D is terrible, so the Niners figure to score, even if they are inconsistent, but I think home field wins out.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #26
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #27
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yup, my thinking too. And actually I do think they will lose this weekend to the Cowboys. It's the kinda thing that happens in the NFL. The defense is going to be in a bad spot because of the injuries/suspensions and going up against a very good offense. Dallas's D is terrible, so the Niners figure to score, even if they are inconsistent, but I think home field wins out.

I think a big part is: "does Tony Romo show up?" This will be his first real action since back surgery. If the Niners can get to him early, they may shake his confidence.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #28
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

This is so weird, it almost makes me not want to come to the thread until we get to page two.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So ready to discuss on field action!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #31
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So ready to discuss on field action!
Over/under on number of posts until someone complains about the refs? Hmm... when does Denver's game kick off?

Btw, Earl Thomas returning punts? If I learned one thing from TCY, it's not to have starters returning kicks!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #32
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I thinking will be a long night for Rodgers.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola. Thinking back on the last big prome time game these two played when the replacement ref screwed the pooch.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #34
cuervo72
Head Coach

Are the Green Bay helmets more mustard-colored than they used to be? Or is it just the lighting? (or is this old news?)
Old 09-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #35
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Over/under on number of posts until someone complains about the refs? Hmm... when does Denver's game kick off?

Btw, Earl Thomas returning punts? If I learned one thing from TCY, it's not to have starters returning kicks!

A good friend of mine is working his first NFL game tonight. I am really pumped for him.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #36
Groundhog
Coordinator

Pretty ugly start to the year for both special teams.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #37
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
A good friend of mine is working his first NFL game tonight. I am really pumped for him.
Nice, hope it goes well! Question - if Earl Thomas had called for a fair catch, would that've affected that call at all? I'm assuming No, there's no Halo rule if Sherman's judged to be pushing the defender into Thomas? (Even though I'd say Sherman was Holding and trying to pull him back, but there was certainly a lot of contact.)
Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
This is so weird, it almost makes me not want to come to the thread until we get to page two.

I found that madden gif generator, and I don't know why, but that just cracked me up.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-04-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #39
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nice, hope it goes well! Question - if Earl Thomas had called for a fair catch, would that've affected that call at all? I'm assuming No, there's no Halo rule if Sherman's judged to be pushing the defender into Thomas? (Even though I'd say Sherman was Holding and trying to pull him back, but there was certainly a lot of contact.)

What happened on the play. I missed it.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #41
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
What happened on the play. I missed it.
Punt to Earl Thomas. He doesn't call for a fair catch, and a GB gunner (who was being spun around by Richard Sherman) arrives at the exact same time as the ball and causes a fumble. Led straight to the GB touchdown, so I'm sure they'll show it at halftime/post-game highlights.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #42
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Punt to Earl Thomas. He doesn't call for a fair catch, and a GB gunner (who was being spun around by Richard Sherman) arrives at the exact same time as the ball and causes a fumble. Led straight to the GB touchdown, so I'm sure they'll show it at halftime/post-game highlights.

I am not sure if the NFL has the 1 yard rule like the NCAA does. However you can't have kick catch interference if the defender is blocked into the returner like it sounds like was the case here.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If Seahawks get home field I think they repeat.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #45
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Green Bay blew a lot of opportunities there, Rodgers before the half passing up an easy first down in Seattle territory, the defensive mistakes giving up first downs on crucial third downs.. Seattle just looked more ready.. And their offense looked really really good. Never mind their defense, if they can score like that every week, it's gonna be a real bitch to beat them.

FUCK EA
Old 09-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #46
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If Seahawks get home field I think they repeat.

Pretty bold proclamation considering (a) they've only played one game, (b) only one other team has played a game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #47
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Green Bay blew a lot of opportunities there, Rodgers before the half passing up an easy first down in Seattle territory, the defensive mistakes giving up first downs on crucial third downs.. Seattle just looked more ready.. And their offense looked really really good. Never mind their defense, if they can score like that every week, it's gonna be a real bitch to beat them.

Green Bay cost themselves for sure, but Seattle didn't play error free either. The punt fumble by Thomas was 7 points and the pass interference led to a field goal. Both sides can get better, but for the most part I'm really happy with how the game went, that Harvin made it through an entire game and that the offense looks like it can be very diverse.

Sad to hear that Lacy has been diagnosed with a concussion though.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #48
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Pretty bold proclamation considering (a) they've only played one game, (b) only one other team has played a game.

Their biggest issue will be the standard being motivated every week.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #49
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Green Bay cost themselves for sure, but Seattle didn't play error free either. The punt fumble by Thomas was 7 points and the pass interference led to a field goal. Both sides can get better, but for the most part I'm really happy with how the game went, that Harvin made it through an entire game and that the offense looks like it can be very diverse.

Sad to hear that Lacy has been diagnosed with a concussion though.

Spoken like a fan trying to temper his enthusiasm. That's nitpicking. I am decidedly not a fan--cannot stand Cheatey Petey at all-- but the Seahawks looked fantastic tonight.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:49 AM   #50
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

You know a team is good when people who do not like the team agree that the team is good.

FUCK EA