Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

EA Sports Games to have monthly fees?

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6026450.html

and people will still buy them, because people are dumb fucking sheep. I have no problem paying a monthly fee for an overall service, but anybody who'd pay 5-10 a month just to play a single sports game online is a maroon.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:04 AM   #2
bbor
Pro Starter

baaaaaa

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:21 AM   #3
AgPete
College Prospect

Right now, with the exception of the recent baseball game, all the EA sports titles at my local Best Buy are $20 or less. With the free two months on the game and the free months you get when filling out surveys, it's actually cheaper to buy the game again rather than pay the monthly subscription costs for EASO.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:27 AM   #4
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well, If Ea actually held tournaments online... updated and promoted stable servers.. and maybe even setup a way to do a full nfl league.. or college league online, and track stats and such.. 5-10 bucks a month would be worth it..

As it is though.. i'm not gonna pay 5-10 bucks a month to have Random_Idiot_001 drop back 20 yards with mcnabb.. roll right.. and complete the same pass over and over.. no thanks
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:35 AM   #5
Mega
n00b

Please stop looking at my playbook.
Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:36 AM   #6
AgPete
College Prospect

I've played on EASO quite a bit and yes there are some big cheese players but most of them are beatable. They're the same guys who think they can run a dime or quarters defense the entire game and quickly change their mind after you consistently run the ball up their throat. A lot of those guys will throw to the same person too so you can call a play that doubles the reciever, tight end or whomever is giving you the most grief. What bugs me the most is that damn AI exploit that allows the reciever to go in motion then change direction and screw up the coverage allowing him to get open easily. Still, a lot of the top 300 rankers are professional cheese players or pausers that won't finish the game if they know you'll beat them. Going for it on 4th and 15 in the 2nd quarter with a tight score really bugs the #%*# out of me! I agree with ya Ragone, if they had included online franchises, they would have kept a lot more subscribers. They still may include that in the next PC version. You can find a lot of leagues though that work around it and keep track of stats themselves as well as institute house rules that cut down on cheese play. Do you play Madden on the PC Ragone? Would you be interested in a new league?
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #7
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by AgPete
I've played on EASO quite a bit and yes there are some big cheese players but most of them are beatable. They're the same guys who think they can run a dime or quarters defense the entire game and quickly change their mind after you consistently run the ball up their throat. A lot of those guys will throw to the same person too so you can call a play that doubles the reciever, tight end or whomever is giving you the most grief. What bugs me the most is that damn AI exploit that allows the reciever to go in motion then change direction and screw up the coverage allowing him to get open easily. Still, a lot of the top 300 rankers are professional cheese players or pausers that won't finish the game if they know you'll beat them. Going for it on 4th and 15 in the 2nd quarter with a tight score really bugs the #%*# out of me! I agree with ya Ragone, if they had included online franchises, they would have kept a lot more subscribers. They still may include that in the next PC version. You can find a lot of leagues though that work around it and keep track of stats themselves as well as institute house rules that cut down on cheese play. Do you play Madden on the PC Ragone? Would you be interested in a new league?

We've had this discussion several times in the FML. It's not that cheesers can't be beat. It's just that playing them is no fun. If a guy wants to go for it on 4th down every time, and he was to run around all day with Vick or McNabb and try to beat me with the same play over and over again I am probably going to beat him, but when you are looking for a game that resembles an NFL game that is just no fun. And I wouldn't want to pay 5-10 dollars a month to play those guys.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:49 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

I actually do better against cheesers than people who play normally.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote