Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

Two Spots Left in $100 NL Only Auction League

Hi folks. My internet chat handle is Subby and I am here to invite you to an exciting new fantasy baseball league that I have created for my gambling addicted friends. It's called Front Office Fantasy Baseball League (FAWFBULL for short) and it is shaping up to be a ten team, auction based, NL only league with 6x6 rotisserie-style scoring.

There are two spots left. The other eight owners are: quik, digamma, malcpow, kurtism, frozenrope, tro, dukerulesmab, and me. Entry fee is $100.

PM me if you are interested or if you would like to sponsor the league financially*. Feel free to attempt to be funny in this thread.

Here are the settings:

FAWFBULL SETTINGS

* Not tax deductible.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 03-04-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

AND SUICANE!

We also have interest from 2 additional owners. We'll make it a 12 team league if they both want to join and we can get a 12th.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 03-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

Payout will be $25 per category (12 categories) then 70%/20%/10%.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

I'm interested, when is the auction?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Danny
Head Coach

Nvm, got it. sign me up.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #6
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I figured I would ask this question here because ESPN's message board seems like one of those sites that would send an e-mail to every member of the league and that gets annoying. So am I reading correct that we actually have to start position specific outfielders? I have never done this before it is usually just a generic OF position. If I do need a LF, CF, RF what is the position elibility for a guy that moves around in the OF? 1 game, 5 games, 20 games? No big deal just wanted to clarify before the draft.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I figured I would ask this question here because ESPN's message board seems like one of those sites that would send an e-mail to every member of the league and that gets annoying. So am I reading correct that we actually have to start position specific outfielders? I have never done this before it is usually just a generic OF position. If I do need a LF, CF, RF what is the position elibility for a guy that moves around in the OF? 1 game, 5 games, 20 games? No big deal just wanted to clarify before the draft.
Actually I changed it since we are going to 12 teams and while fourteen batters per team seemed fun, but maybe also a little crazy/tedious (168 batters from a pool of 15 NL teams is a lot of bench guys). So I got rid of one of the OF and just made the roster requirement four OF to help with roster flexibility.

Now we have 13 batters per team. Still need two catchers though.

Last edited by Subby : 03-06-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #8
Subby
lolzcat

So we have to move the draft night since a few owners are now facing conflicts.

3-25 or 3-27 are our new targets. 9pm est. please let me know if NEITHER work for you.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
tarcone
Coordinator

25th would be better for me.

Where are these practice auctions we can view? I would like to see one before we start.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
Danny
Head Coach

25th would be better, but either way is fine as long as its not earlier than that time wise

Last edited by Danny : 03-06-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
tarcone
Coordinator

I have a concern that this league is up to 14 teams. We will be digging pretty deep into the rosters and injuries will be difficult to replace.
Maybe Im wishing for an easier time. But I am doing this for fun, I dont want to have to dig way deep into a roster to find that 25th player to replace my OF who went down.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #12
Danny
Head Coach

14? I thought we stuck at 12. 14 is too many for NL only
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #13
Subby
lolzcat

We did move to 14 and reduced the number of players on each roster. I figured the more, the merrier with the more being prize money. I can tweak the rosters some more if needed - I want this to be fun, not a chore.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #14
Suicane75
Coordinator

With only 11 position players it's not really much deeper than a 12 team league with 2 C, CI/MI/5 OF/UT would be.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #15
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
With only 11 position players it's not really much deeper than a 12 team league with 2 C, CI/MI/5 OF/UT would be.

Correct. I actually like the roster set up much better now than when we had it at 12 teams.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #16
tarcone
Coordinator

Man, I hate to do this, but I thought the HS track meet was out of town. But it is at our HS and I have to work it. I wont be home until 9 CST, hopefully. So Thursday would actually be better.

If this is a problem PM me.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
tarcone
Coordinator

I see its already scheduled. I will see and what I can do. But I may be a little late.