Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Do I need my cell phone and cell phone plan?

I did a search and it turned up mostly stuff from like 2006. Love the advice/discussion from this group, so allow me to indulge in the fantasy of, at least for right now, eliminating my cell phone plan.

I'm so sick of my bill going up $2 every month, and I just hate monthly bills in general and try not to have any minus the necessary ones (electric bill, etc.).

I already plan on dropping Direct TV once my contract is up in October, but before then, in June, my cell plan ends.

I'm not a crazy anti-organization type, but I am just sick of dealing with (Sprint in this case) their crap service, support, and just typical BS.

I know about those $25/mo type plans via StraightTalk etc., but even those...I dunno how much I trust it all.

I use a Cisco communication system through my work computer, and it's great. Is there a way to just send this to my phone? I see some Cisco Android apps, but I'm not sure they're as simple as I'm hoping for.

Thanks!

Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Republic Wireless looks like a good deal if you have good sprint coverage. Can at least drop the bill down to like $10 or $25 a month.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

If you get rid of your cell phone plan, foregoing data access, you will need access to a wireless network in order to use stuff like Skype or Jabber or Google Talk. Most folks are either at home or work most of the time, so it isn't an issue - just something to consider.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
BillJasper
Pro Starter

My wife has been using the Virgin Mobile no contract plan for a couple years now and it runs her $38.00 (35+tax) for 300 minutes, unlimited data and text.

She just got a Galaxy S3 for $319 from their website.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Coverage is key.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm considering switching from Verizon to T-Mobile to cut my bill from $110/mo to $60/mo (or even $30/mo if I needed less than 100 mins a month). It will get me out of my contract, allow me to keep my iPhone 5 and if I change my mind down the road I can always switch back. I love the way that T-Mobile is putting pressure on the bigger carriers and is singlehandedly killing contracts.