Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Draft Kings (Daily fantasy football)

Anyone on here dabbled with this site or one like it? Appears to be setup similar to online poker where the house takes a 10% cut but everything else is divided among the players entered. (I guess I am most interested in a 10 team league where the top 5 cash. Seems pretty easy to land in the top 5 with some knowledge) I wish I could see how the salary cap situations were set-up without reistering or sending them any money. It also appears to be perfectly legal so I don't have to worry about credit card refusal or dicking around with Western Union or something for payouts. So is there money to be made here long term if I am pretty good at fantasy sports or is it a compete crapshoot?

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I use draftstreet and really enjoy it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I use draftstreet and really enjoy it.

So these are all American sites and perfectly legal right? Will probably give your site a look. I assume since they are legal they don't have huge minimum deposit requirements like the offshore stuff right?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

I have fiddled around this year with FanDuel, which seems to be the same setup. I am ahead for the year, but I have not yet tried to cash out (so I can't vouch for every component of their service, I guess).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So these are all American sites and perfectly legal right? Will probably give your site a look. I assume since they are legal they don't have huge minimum deposit requirements like the offshore stuff right?

Yup 100 percent legal. I also play on DS. Any profits over 600 you have to pay taxes on as they report your winnings over that much.

Draftkings is the up and comer in that business. They are running the larger tournaments. The first fantasy millionaire will be awarded here very soon for NFL.

I still prefer Draftstreet because of the tighter salary cap. The tighter the cap the more skill I feel is involved.

http://www.draftstreet.com/?r=d8caaa8

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I have fiddled around this year with FanDuel, which seems to be the same setup. I am ahead for the year, but I have not yet tried to cash out (so I can't vouch for every component of their service, I guess).

They all payout efficiently. Fanduel is the largest of them all at this point. I dont like them as much because their games are smaller(in terms of lineup) and their salaries dont adjust fast enough to players like Kevin Kolb for my liking.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:

I've cashed out about 150 since I joined the site. It goes into my paypal account within 2 days and I can transfer it from there directly to my bank account if needed.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Pretty much addicted the Draftstreet. I agree completely about Draftstreet, Jbergey, love the sharp pricing. I've dabbled with Draftkings but they don't allow customers from WA state to play on their site anymore. Moved on to DraftDay as my second sight and like it enough. What are your names on Draftstreet out of curiosity? I go by bigsmoothjoe on all of mine.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 12-06-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Pretty much addicted the Draftstreet. I agree completely about Draftstreet, Jbergey, love the sharp pricing. I've dabbled with Draftkings but they don't allow customers from WA state to play on their site anymore. Moved on to DraftDay as my second sight and like it enough. What are your names on Draftstreet out of curiosity? I go by bigsmoothjoe on all of mine.

jbergey is the name. I like to mix it up
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I might have to check out this Draftstreet.

FUCK EA
Old 12-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I might have to check out this Draftstreet.

Good luck to you. Very fun and very addicting. If you need any info like websites for tips and things shoot me a PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #12
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I believe you get in some of them larger GPPs I am in for baseball if I remember correctly.

I dont play as much during football season as I dont seem to have the edge I am looking for.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I believe you get in some of them larger GPPs I am in for baseball if I remember correctly.

I dont play as much during football season as I dont seem to have the edge I am looking for.

Oh dang. Had you confused with jlowery73 ha. Thought you won some serious money today!

Anyway, the fact that Draftsreet paid out $1 million today in Vegas is amazing. So much fun.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

The man who takes down a million dollars.

James Tran is the DraftKings Fantasy Football Millionaire! See his live win and reaction! - YouTube
Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #15
samifan24
Pro Starter

I play on DraftDay pretty regularly. I like their "rapid fire" games because you choose 3 of 5 to win. I play $1 games mostly but I still enjoy it.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:05 AM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tied for first in a 5 k guarantee MLB league last night so we split first and second. $550 for a $2 buy in. Pretty stoked. Now I need to decide if I tell my wife.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

After playing exclusivly on Draftstreet I deposited a little on Fandual to try it out. I agree the salary structure and depth is better on Draftstreet. 2 pitchers and salaries that don't end in even numbers make team building more fun, there software is also MUCH better.

That being said Fandual has more players and bigger games for lower buy ins. I like the 18K tournaments for a $2 buy in but man there software looks like a 14 year old built in in 1997.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #18
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

I've been relegated to Fanthrowdown.com as it's pretty much the only site left that allows players from Washington state.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:07 AM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I've been relegated to Fanthrowdown.com as it's pretty much the only site left that allows players from Washington state.

but you can smoke a fatty!!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Draftkings buys out Draftstreet. Interesting.

Quote:
Exciting News For Our Players
As of today, we are very pleased to announce that DraftStreet has been acquired by DraftKings, a fellow leader in daily fantasy sports. DraftStreet has been an overwhelming success, surpassing all of our expectations when we started the business, and we owe that to you, our loyal players. We cannot thank you enough for your referrals, feedback and support.
We have worked closely with the leadership from DraftKings over the past several weeks, and you can definitely expect the same level of quality and care from them that you have always experienced from DraftStreet. Of course you’ll be able to transfer all existing funds to a new DraftKings account easily (or an existing DraftKings account if you have one), and you’ll be compensated for all the other value you’ve added to your DraftStreet profile as well (StreetCreds and vouchers will be converted, DraftStreet referrals will become DraftKings referrals, future contest entries will be returned, etc).
And even better, as a way of saying thank you for your continued loyalty, a new Transfer Bonus will be given for all funds transferred over to DraftKings from our site – 100% for new DraftKings players, and 25% if you're transferring to an existing DraftKings account (in both cases, you will keep your existing bonus instead, if it is larger). Plus, in addition to the 100% bonus you’ll get just for transferring, new DraftKings players will be eligible to receive another 100% matching bonus when you make your first deposit on DraftKings.
But best of all, now that we’ve combined forces, all players, from both sites, will begin to reap the benefits of bigger games and better prizes, as well as our continued dedication to bringing new innovations and game offerings to the table. Many of you may be familiar with DraftKings, so you already know both sites have plenty to offer, and we believe that combining all the best features of each will result in a great experience for all our players.
Both DraftStreet and DraftKings have been, and remain, grateful for the support of those fantasy players who have chosen to play on our sites. We know you may have a number of questions about transferring your account and what happens next, so please CLICK HERE to get the answers you need and to start exploring the opportunities you can now take advantage of on DraftKings – as early as today!
Sincerely,
Brian and Jason
Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #21
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Crazy. Wish it was the other way around as I loved Draftstreet's roster composition and player pricing. DraftKings always rubbed me the wrong way as it really rewards stacking and quantity players with huge bankrolls. Wonder what this means for the competition?
Old 09-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #22
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone else in on todays huge pools?

I spread about $200 between several leagues on Fanduel. I have 4 entries into the $25 million dollar pool, 2 entries into the 10 Million qualifier, and then several entries spread into random buy ins. So much money out there have to take some shots.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #23
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Another site, FantasyThrowdown was swallowed up yesterday. DraftDay took them over. That leaves Fantasy Feud as the only site left that allows Washington state players so I'm settling in over there. Unfortunately, they don't offer the same huge pools as Kings/Duel. That said, I really like their pricing and lineup format, which feels similar to Draftstreet. Plus they recently upgraded the site and it's much better than before. Worth a look for sure if you want something different.
I was chatting with one of the admin's yesterday and he said that since they are a Canadian company he believes they have no plans to axe the WA state players! Good luck today Lathum, DFS is so much fun.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #24
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It really is. I amspending a bit more than I would, but I finished 10th in a 13,000+ person tournament earlier this week so it was a nice boost to my bankroll.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

there are a lot of things I miss about Seattle but that is not one of them. That state is so backwards. Wanna smoke pot, sure! Lets take in every homeless vagrant along the west coast then cater to their every whim! Want to play fantasy sports from your own living room with your own hard earned money? THE HORROR!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #26
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm in for some small time stuff on DraftKings this week. I'll probably be going between them and FanDuel much of the year, but I am not certain whether FanDuel has .25 cent games. Its nice to only be 10 dollars in and have a chance at several grand. I'd obviously be happy coming out of the weekend +50 though.

FUCK EA
Old 09-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #27
kingfc22
Head Coach

Giving this a shot to start the NFL season.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #28
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I signed up with Fan Duel this week. Got $45 in games queued up.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:05 AM   #29
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

WOOO!!! plus $8.12 after a week. Not bad.

Next week I plan on playing more 20 player leagues. I feel confident I can finish top 5 in more than half of them.

FUCK EA
Old 09-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We'll done.

I about tripled my money thanks to Megatron. No major scores but I'll take it. Biggest win was finished 2485/45977 in the million dollar and 98/11400 in another. Had Dwyer played a bigger role I would have done better but Ellington ended up going.

Last edited by Lathum : 09-09-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #31
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Top 100 in a 11,400 player league is awesome. I pulled that off once last year and cashed in 80 on a 1 dollar bet.. I just find that the odds of having a good day are a lot better in the smaller games, because there is a lower chance of someone just absolutely nailing the perfect lineup. Its easier to score 150 and pull in some money against 20 people than it is to score 150 and get anything decent in a large field tournament. I usually only play one of those a week, lottery ticket style. Drop a dollar on it, see if I get lucky.

FUCK EA
Old 09-09-2014, 06:05 AM   #32
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I turned $2.50 worth of bets into $4.50. Straight ballin'.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-09-2014 at 06:06 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #33
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I was just outside the money in the big one. Totally out of the 10M qualifier. So I'm down that $35, but I won both 50/50s I was in so +$8 brings me to -$25.20 after the bonus.

I think I'm going to stick to the smaller games as well. I was 10 and 18 out of 100 in the two I played.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #34
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Played a $5 400 player 50/50 and finished 190/400. Lucky that Charles sucking didn't cost me.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #35
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm in for some small time stuff on DraftKings this week. I'll probably be going between them and FanDuel much of the year, but I am not certain whether FanDuel has .25 cent games. Its nice to only be 10 dollars in and have a chance at several grand. I'd obviously be happy coming out of the weekend +50 though.

Fanduel does not have .25 games, their cheapest are a dollar
Old 09-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #36
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Any of you guys have a rotogrinders profile?

https://rotogrinders.com/profiles/jbergey
Old 09-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #37
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Any of you guys have a rotogrinders profile?

https://rotogrinders.com/profiles/jbergey

I have one somewhere.

Fanduel kicking it up a notch thiis Sunday.
1.25 million guarentee, $25 buy in.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #38
dolfin
High School JV

My first bet last week on DraftKings got me $13 bucks on a "free" $2 bet (it was baseball) which got me hooked right away. Ended up 65th out of 6900. After this weekend full of several small bets, I've got $38+ in winnings on $10 of entry fees. I'm having a lot fun with it, especially being able to play a daily MLB league while I wait for the NFL weekend.
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #39
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's a wonder these guys aren't completely belly-up by now. Every Tuesday we hear this landslide of winning results - their model must be seriously flawed.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #40
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The model is foolproof. They have more coming in than they do going out. It's just that those of us that are playing are way better than the average fool throwing his money away on homer picks.

FUCK EA
Old 09-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #41
QuikSand
lolzcat

How about this, I'll meet you most of the way...

Quote:
The model is foolproof. They have more coming in than they do going out. It's just that those of us that are reporting our results after the fact are way better than the average fool throwing his money away on homer picks.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #42
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I can agree with that. I entered 7 tournaments, 3 with an entry fee of 25 cents, one for a dollar, one for free, one for 2 dollars, one for 5. I cashed on 2 of those, but cashed enough to come out ahead.

The key to success on these sites is finding and playing the games that give you the best chance. There are 50/50 games where it is almost a given to win most weeks. You bet 5, you finish in the top half, you take back 9.50. The site is making money hand over fist though.

FUCK EA
Old 09-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
How about this, I'll meet you most of the way...

What are you implying?

That we are lying to a bunch of strangers on an internet message board about our results?

Cynical much?

Would you rather we all posted out teams ahead of time so our reported results can be confirmed?

My user name is the same on Fanduel, look me up if you don't believe me.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #44
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I'm 2-3 and at -25.20. I don't think that's bragging. I did however finish high in both 50/50 leagues I was in.

The big million dollars tournaments have a lot worse odds, but still better than the lottery.

Profile doesn't show much and hasn't been updated with my second win after last night.

https://www.fanduel.com/users/lbarrington
Old 09-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #45
dolfin
High School JV

I've been keeping my stats in a spreadsheet so that I can keep tabs on myself. I've only won about 28% going 10 for 36 in the money. I just started last Thursday so I'm sure my hit rate will continue to plummit!

Last edited by dolfin : 09-09-2014 at 04:25 PM.
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #46
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's a wonder these guys aren't completely belly-up by now. Every Tuesday we hear this landslide of winning results - their model must be seriously flawed.

A lot do go bellyup. Its like gambling to some where as u keep doing just for the thrill of the win. And they also falsify their results for instance. If I play a 20 dollar double up and win I will actually win 18 dollars. In what they tell people they will count it as 38 dollars in winnings(20+18). For obviously reasons they dont report pure profit. They send out you profits on anything over $600 dollars at the end of the year and you will have to report and pay taxes on it.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #47
Suicane75
Coordinator

I won $250,000 last week but blew it all on Pizza. Check my tax records.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #48
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The base of the business model seems pretty foolproof, and probably doesn't require that much analysis: for every $100 of bets they process, they give out ~$80 in winnings.

Like online poker sites, and unlike sportsbook style betting, however much the collective or one individual wins (or loses) has no impact on their profit, since the number of winners is set for each contest, and we're all pulling from the same (mostly) static pool of prize money that is ~20% less than what we've collectively paid in (save the occasional promotional/free teasers). The betting sites are concerned with the amount of money bet, rather than anybody's hit rate.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-09-2014 at 07:47 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #49
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I won $250,000 last week but blew it all on Pizza. Check my tax records.

Finally, some honesty up in here.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #50
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

https://rotogrinders.com/profiles/bigsmoothjoe

Never really checked that out much. Not bad considering I haven't been able to play on the big sites for awhile.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 09-09-2014 at 09:10 PM.