Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
RainMaker
General Manager

Fantasy Football Etiquette - Trading Injured Guys

Had a question for everyone. A guy in our league sent everyone a trade offer with Julio Jones in it today. For those who don't know a report came out that says Jones may be out for the year with a foot injury.

A guy in our league was irate over it and put up a board post calling him classless and to not bother offering trades again to him. Apparently he has done this in the past.

What are your thoughts on this? Classless move that should be called out by people? Or just part of the game?

RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Had a question for everyone. A guy in our league sent everyone a trade offer with Julio Jones in it today. For those who don't know a report came out that says Jones may be out for the year with a foot injury.

A guy in our league was irate over it and put up a board post calling him classless and to not bother offering trades again to him. Apparently he has done this in the past.

What are your thoughts on this? Classless move that should be called out by people? Or just part of the game?

Is it a keeper league?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
RainMaker
General Manager

No, it's not a keeper league.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

I can see why some would think it is classless, but, anyone being offered that and wanting to accept should do some quick research first before taking the offer.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Did the guy who sent out the trade offer for Julio Jones KNOW that he was likely out for the season when he made the offers?

If so, then, yes, considering it's not a keeper league, I see it as a classless move trying to take advantage of people who might not be quite up to the minute on all of the latest injury news.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Not a keeper, definitely classless move.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yeah that's shady, if I would offer any trades of Julio in a redraft (non-keeper) I would be up front right at the beginning and say he's probably not coming back this year. Still, I would think that is very VERY bad form.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm sure he knew. The league doesn't have a ton of trades or offers going out. And the fact everyone in the league got an offer with Julio Jones in it shortly after that report came out seems dubious. Plus he did the same thing last year with player who was out for the year.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Travis
Pro Rookie

Is his name Ruxin?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Agree with the above. I think it's even more classless to jump on a trade offer that you've had pending, i.e. before this week, someone offered you Frank Gore for Jones, which you never would have done...but today, sure!

We have a disclaimer in our rule book for the league I commish, noting that only trades accepted through the website are official (to guard against someone whining about a trade partner bailing out of a trade agreed upon over email, etc) but to be cognizant of leaving trades hanging once games start. Of course, we also have a bullet right next to that reminding everyone not to be a dick if you happen to have a chance to trade a now-injured player who was healthy when the offer was sent.

Anyway, the past history makes it look worse, but it's also important to remember it's one report...there's a chance he ends up playing through it, and a ballsy owner might be willing to take that gamble if it means only giving up your WR5 today.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Shady as hell and very poor sportsmanship.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that's the kinda shit that ruins friendships and/or earns the classless fuck a punch in the nose if it's a face-to-face league.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Shady as hell and very poor sportsmanship.

+1
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #14
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

As the commish of that league, I would veto any trade involving Julio Jones.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

This is what the "douchebag" jar is for right?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
+1

+2

Though it would be a funny bit to do in an episode of the league.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote