Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Need a Hockey Sim!!

I am jonesing for a good hockey sim. I tried playing around with the EHM games but just cannot get in to them. Looked at Faceoff Hockey and while interesting that game just will not work for me. Has anyone here played around with the new OOTP hockey game?

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 07-05-2013 at 11:23 PM.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Why sim it? Just get a girl to give you a real hickey.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Damn typing skills.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
TLK
Pro Starter

WoHoMan
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I really like where FHM (the ootp one) is going. It's not bad right now, but there's still a fair bit to go before it's whole. But you can play multiple seasons and there's historical play into the 80's to boot. It's got a hard release date in september and I've had some fun playing around with it. I'd say EHM is better right now but FHM will be past it soon.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Two more questions. First are there any good guides to getting started in EHM and which of the EHM games is the best to go with?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
WoHoMan

That is a blast from the past. It was decent enough for its time.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
molson
General Manager

So this is available for purchase right now I guess?

Franchise Hockey Manager: Home

Is it a full-fledged career text sim?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yes. It's still in beta, has been for the last six months, but we're two weeks from the release date.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So this is available for purchase right now I guess?

Franchise Hockey Manager: Home

Is it a full-fledged career text sim?

Clicking on that link pretty much answers your question
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
yes. It's still in beta, has been for the last six months, but we're two weeks from the release date.

I'm seeing some ridiculously strange sim results though from the betas. Pittsburgh being one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and finishing dead last, Toronto making the Stanley Cup finals, etc. I know they're still working on the ratings and stuff but so far from reading the forums I don't like what I see yet.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Yeah I have a couple friends that have the Beta and right now I will stick with EHM.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Yeah I have a couple friends that have the Beta and right now I will stick with EHM.

Yeah, I'm going to hold off..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
laser
H.S. Freshman Team

I thought this would be a day 1 purchase for me but from what I am reading it looks like there are still many issues that will not be fixed by release. I will hold off for now but I am looking forward to purchasing soon.
laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #15
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
I've been playing the beta. There are some issues (although maybe those fine tuned before release) but I have no issues paying for it at this point as I want to encourage them to keep working on the game for future version.

If there are still significant issues a couple years from now, that maybe another story!
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:

Is ehm still available for purchase?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #17
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Is ehm still available for purchase?

Seems like it....follow link below.

EHM Newbie (Can't find the game) • EHM The Blue Line

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 08-18-2013 at 05:55 AM.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
markprior22
High School Varsity

Thanks...
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Dear Franchise Hockey Manager Fan,

It appears that the newsletter we sent out on Friday contained a download link to a very unstable internal PC Windows beta build (0.9.59) that should not have been released to the public. The Mac OSX download link was correct, though. If you downloaded the PC Windows game via the link in the newsletter, please uninstall it (remember to release your license first from the Preferences-License screen inside the game) and download and reinstall the proper version 0.9.56 for PC Windows from this link: Download link FHM 2014 for PC Windows
The link to the current Mac OS X version 0.9.57 was correct. If you downloaded the Mac version you do not need to do anything. But here is the download link anyway in case you need it: Download link FHM 2014 for Mac OS X
Our apologies for the inconvenience. In the meantime, we have decided to extend the pre-order period for the game to August 21st. So, if you haven't pre-ordered the game yet, you still have the chance to save $10 now
. The OOTP Developments Team

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Thanks for posting this. It was a bad mistake from our side and we will make sure to test every link in the future before we post it somewhere.

For the people who stay with EHM (for the moment): no problem, I still play EHM from time to time (tbh, the freeware version from way back, never got warm with the SI/Sega version. I don't know why as I absolutely love FM/FMH) and enjoy it. After all FHM is our first version and only at the very beginning of it's life cycle, I have so much on my todo list, it will take years to get it all in. But I'm very happy with our progress on the first version, it should have a lot for people to enjoy: lot's of playable leagues, historical seasons, basic fictional gameplay, a great number of stats, a lot of editable settings/options, a skinable GUI and so on.

Still, I would love to hear why you don't make the jump from EHM. We always reevaluate our priority lists to make as much people as possible happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Dear Franchise Hockey Manager Fan,

It appears that the newsletter we sent out on Friday contained a download link to a very unstable internal PC Windows beta build (0.9.59) that should not have been released to the public. The Mac OSX download link was correct, though. If you downloaded the PC Windows game via the link in the newsletter, please uninstall it (remember to release your license first from the Preferences-License screen inside the game) and download and reinstall the proper version 0.9.56 for PC Windows from this link: Download link FHM 2014 for PC Windows
The link to the current Mac OS X version 0.9.57 was correct. If you downloaded the Mac version you do not need to do anything. But here is the download link anyway in case you need it: Download link FHM 2014 for Mac OS X
Our apologies for the inconvenience. In the meantime, we have decided to extend the pre-order period for the game to August 21st. So, if you haven't pre-ordered the game yet, you still have the chance to save $10 now
. The OOTP Developments Team
Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Thanks for posting this. It was a bad mistake from our side and we will make sure to test every link in the future before we post it somewhere.

For the people who stay with EHM (for the moment): no problem, I still play EHM from time to time (tbh, the freeware version from way back, never got warm with the SI/Sega version. I don't know why as I absolutely love FM/FMH) and enjoy it. After all FHM is our first version and only at the very beginning of it's life cycle, I have so much on my todo list, it will take years to get it all in. But I'm very happy with our progress on the first version, it should have a lot for people to enjoy: lot's of playable leagues, historical seasons, basic fictional gameplay, a great number of stats, a lot of editable settings/options, a skinable GUI and so on.

Still, I would love to hear why you don't make the jump from EHM. We always reevaluate our priority lists to make as much people as possible happy.

Why is the Canadian Price 34 bucks, while the American price is 29.99
TML
Old 08-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #22
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Why is the Canadian Price 34 bucks, while the American price is 29.99

The price for different currencies is set by eSellerate, as far as I know we don't have influence in this. But I will ask Andreas to make sure ...
Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #23
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
The price for different currencies is set by eSellerate, as far as I know we don't have influence in this. But I will ask Andreas to make sure ...

So I have to pay more to download and support a new game, that isn't even out of Beta yet...

It's not the money, it's the feeling that I'm being nickel and dimed that I don't like.
TML
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So I have to pay more to download and support a new game, that isn't even out of Beta yet...

It's not the money, it's the feeling that I'm being nickel and dimed that I don't like.

The problem is a vendor that has an antiquated pricing scheme, which isn't tied to the actual value of the currencies.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

no. no you don't
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

I know thats not optimal but it is the way how eSellerate operates and after I talked with Andreas we have no influence on it.