Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
astralhaze
College Prospect

Identity

Copied from a post at the .400 boards, but I want to see if anyone else has seen this movie. It is worth discussing.

Anyone check this flick out? I'm definately not going to give any spoilers on this one, but I highly highly recomend it. It's not a 4 star movie or anything, but it is still a definite must-see. If you are a fan of mysteries, psychological thrillers, or horror movies, you will love it. John Cusak does a bang up job, as ever. If you do see it, pay attention. The ending does explain everything, but if you keep your eyes open you can figure it out long before it is given away. Trust me on this one

astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

I've heard really good things about this one, and was going to go see it last night, but my girlfriend and I got out of dinner late and missed the last showing. But it's one that we're still planning to go and see...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I didn't figure it out long before, but I did figure it out for sure before it was revealed. That is the final ending, not the psychological twist about 20 minutes before the end of the movie--that one I didn't get at all until it happened. As for the actual ending, I actually had a funny thought about that early on, but dismissed it as too nutty.

I do recommend this movie. There don't seem to be a whole heck of a lot good out, and the usually rich summer blockbuster season is more blah than I have ever seen going into this normally exciting part of the year (excluding X2 and Matrix reloaded, both of which are must sees for me).

It's a fun psychological thriller that may have a feel of a horror film, but isn't really a scare-scene montage that you usually see in things like this. Much more of a tense and long sense of ill-boding inside an interesting story/situation.

Did any of that make sense?

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
astralhaze
College Prospect

I picked up a couple of clues about both the final ending and the psychological twist but didn't really fully understand them until the very end. I would tell you, but then it would spoil things for the rest of the class
Old 05-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
Vince
Pro Starter

I definitely enjoyed the movie. I was dragged along by a few friends, and wasn't too enthused about it. But now that I've seen it, I really liked it. I'd recommend seeing it.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote