Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

2013 FOFC HARDCORE BASEBALL!

LETS DO THIS!!!

Those who were in the league last year just scroll down to get the info on the new yahoo league url and join it. Those on the waiting list, don't join the yahoo league until I have confirmed that someone has dropped out and you can take their place

Who Can Join
Preference goes towards members who were in the league last year. Now through midnight of Tuesday Mar 12th ,they are the only ones who can join. Anyone else is put on the waiting list.

Signing Up
IF YOU ARE RETURNING, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PUT A NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME.DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST. I have saved a text file to my desktop with 12 numbers that will determine the draft order. I will take whatever the last number is.

Draft Format

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. With a couple of name free agents out there, we're probably going to wait another week or two. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting the morning of Tuesday March 6th (probably a soft start before that).

The first pick each morning must be made by 10 am eastern time. Then the three hour clock will start for the next pick. Also, lets make the cutoff 10 pm eastern at night so if the final pick is made at 8 pm, the next person has until the morning to make his pick. If most people in this league live in the western time zone or central time zone we could adjust this

On weekends, we'll just go with a standard 3 hours with no morning/evening provision but let's try to keep things moving.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

Opening Day is Sunday March 31. If the draft is not complete by Friday March 29th at noon, we will have a quick live draft via AIM to complete the draft on Saturday March 30th at 7pm CT. Anyone who won't be able to make that will need to submit a list to me, a proxy, or have a proxy in chat (who is not in the league) to finish out their team.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

I hate to lay down some of these rules but we're going to be drafting over 250 players so we need to get it done in a timely fashion.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 05-15-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: new rules on the hours
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Remember - if you're from last year, put your team name and number. I have a list of numbers on my desktop which is the draft order (no, if you pick 1, you don't pick 1st- you pick in whatever order #1 is on that list).

If you're on the waiting list, don't post a number yet.

Those who were in the league last year just scroll down to get the info on the new yahoo league url and join it. Those on the waiting list, don't join the yahoo league until I have confirmed that someone has dropped out and you can take their place.

Draft Order
01. Claphamsa
02. clebrownsfan
03. Ramazavil
04. LWSFS
05. Samifan24
06. Danny
07. Packerfanatic
08. Mizzourah
09. Subby
10. TRO
11. Comey
12. Klein Bottles

Numbers
01 Claphamsa
02 Hartford heroes
03 road kill cafe
04 ALL IN
05 TRO
06 Mizzourah
07 clebrownsfan
08 Packerfanatic
09 Comey
10 Subby
11 Klein bottles
12 Ramazivil

Waiting List

1. heybrad

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 03-12-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

For those unfamiliar, the FOFC Baseball League is going to be in its 7th(!) season (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006) and is the companion league to the Alternate Rules Football League (2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005). Returning owners get precedence over new owners, who must start on the waitlist. However, there are usually a couple of teams that don't return and inactive teams are barred from continuing. Last year, only PurdueBrad's team went inactive so everyone else has a spot.

Basically, there's a slow live draft that goes on for about 3 weeks. You have to check a couple of times a day to keep things moving or risk losing your spot (and getting kicked out of the league). That's the biggest thing: if you cannot commit to the time commitment for the draft: don't bother joining. This leads to a very active league as everyone feels like after investing the time into their team, they want to keep up with their team. Once the draft is done, there's not much maintenance for the league but the draft is a giant, upfront time sink.

-The Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) beat Jockitch (Ramzavail) who has strung together two upsets in the playoffs to reach the finals from the #6 spot
-Big Mac's Special Sauce (lighthousekeeper) gets a bittersweet 3rd as he would have beaten both teams in the finals and wasn't there because of Jockitch's 8-7 upset the week before
-Fremont (kingfc22) takes the consolation bracket while Troy (MizzouRah) takes 9th in an 8-8 match decided by tiebreakers

-Went with a quick, live draft so the thread was pretty short
-Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) repeated for the title, dominating all year long, and, again beating the 6th seed in the finals. This time it was the Hunters (Travis) who took 2nd with a deep playoff run.
-The #3 seed Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) defeated #2 Spleen Machines (spleen1015) for 3rd.
-Big Balls (BillyNYC) and The Cover Team (Toddiec) tied in the consolation bracket finals

-There were two huge stories to this season. Hunters (Travis) led wire to wire and cruised to an easy win of the league in the playoffs.
-However, the season was not without drama as the Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) had an epic 2nd half run, being in 11th at the All Star break, but closing extremely strong including an 11-1 final week to squeak into the playoffs as the 6th seed. As in the first two years of the league, the #6 made the finals, but Hunters was just too strong.
-The #2 seed Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) beat #4 Go Get 'Em Tigers (allpro10050) for 3rd place, and I quote from the original thread: "on some sort of tiebreaker I can't figure out. "
-Yellow Jacket Envy (Kevin D) won the Consolation bracket that was more of a war of attrition as 4 teams went inactive in the 2008 season

-Hunters (Travis) repeated as champions, this time defeating Queen Bees (Ramzavail) for the title. They were the #3 and #4 seed respectively so the #6 did not make a crazy run
-#1 seed Hartford Heroes (samifan24) defeated #2 seed Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) after both lost to lower seed in the previous week.
-Two league veterans faced off for the consolation title as #11 Richmond Rhinocerii (sterlingice) beat the #8 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) for that title

-#3 Road Kill Cafe (Danny) took the title in an upset riddle playoffs. Ramzavail took 2nd for the 3rd time in league history with his #5 Queen Bees.
-For the second year in a row, the top seeds lost the week after their byes. #1 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) beat #2 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) for third place.
-#7 seed Hartford Heroes (samifan24), who only missed out of the playoffs by 4 games across the entire season, won the consolation bracket

-At the All Star Game, CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan) led the Squid Division while the Indianapolis Iguanii (sterlingice) led the Trout Division
-However, soon after, the biggest trade in league history sent Tim Lincecum, David Price, and Eric Aybar from Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) to ALL IN (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding) for Adrian Gonzalez, Michael Young, and crippled Brandon Webb
-These two teams would go on to win their divisions: ALL IN for the Squids and Killing Me Smalls for the Trout, and meet in the finals, with ALL IN taking home the title
-#5 Hartford Heroes (samifan24) won third place while #8 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) won the consolation bracket

PACKERFANATIC FINALLY WINS! (Sorry, I don't have time to get into the details of the season)
SI

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 03-08-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

League ID#:

League Name:

FOFC Hardcore

Password:

dola

Custom League URL:

Sign in to Yahoo!

Season Type:

Full

Draft Type:

Offline Draft

Max Teams:

Scoring Type:

Head-to-Head

Player Universe:

All baseball

New Players Become Available:

As soon as Yahoo! adds themView List of Forced Players

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:

No maximum

Max Trades for Entire Season

No maximum

Trade Reject Time:

Trade End Date:

August 18, 2013

Allow Draft Pick Trades:

No

Waiver Time:

1 day

Waiver Type:

Continual rolling list

Waiver Mode:

Standard

Can't Cut List Provider:

Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review:

League Votes

Post Draft Players:

Follow Waiver Rules

Max Acquisitions per Week:

No maximum

Min Innings Pitched:

Weekly Deadline:

Weekly on Monday

Start Scoring on:

Week 1

Playoffs:

Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)Note: Week 25 runs 7 days from Sep 23 to Sep 29

Playoff Reseeding:

No

Lock Eliminated Teams:

No

Divisions:

Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options:

Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Make League Publicly Viewable:

No

Roster Positions:

C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories:

Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)

Pitchers Stat Categories:

Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 03-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Round 1
1. Miguel Cabrera
2. Ryan Braun
3. Mike Trout
4. Justin Verlander
5. Robinson Cano
6. Albert Pujols
7. Andrew McCutchen
8. Matt Kemp
9. Buster Posey
10. Joey Votto
11. Carlos Gonzalez
12. Clayton Kershaw

Round 2
1. Troy Tulowitzki
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Prince Fielder
4. Bryce Harper
5. Jose Bautista

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 03-13-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

reserved 5
Old 03-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

in for the wait list

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
PACKERFANATIC FINALLY WINS! (Sorry, I don't have time to get into the details of the season)
SI

That is really all you need to say :-D

I am back - give me number 8.

And thanks for getting the thread rolling. If you need any help running things before SI (hopefully) returns, let me know.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I knew you would appreciate the concise summary of last season. Thanks for offering to help. I will take you up on it if needed. Like you said, hopefully sterlingice returns. It wouldn't be the same without him.

I hope everyone signs up by Tuesday and we can get this thing rolling by Wednesday.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

In #6
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well it isnt letting me join tonight. I will try again in the morning
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #12
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Team name Klein Bottles and number is 11
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
Subby
lolzcat

in
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
Danny
Head Coach

In, team Roadkill Cafe and 3
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #15
Danny
Head Coach

Thanks for doing this LWSFS
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #16
samifan24
Pro Starter

In, Hartford Heroes, #2
Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #17
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Good job stepping up LWFS!! I'm in #7.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
in

I'll put you on the waiting list subby. If we still have open spots on tues night, you are in.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #19
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Clebrownfans, Klein bottles and packer fanatic don't forget to join the yahoo league.

I have done no research on fantasy baseball yet this season. This weekend: I cram!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #20
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Clebrownfans, Klein bottles and packer fanatic don't forget to join the yahoo league.

I have done no research on fantasy baseball yet this season. This weekend: I cram!

done

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #21
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hey all, I'll have to drop out this year, I won't be able to keep up with the draft due to where I'm working now. It's been a fun ride and I hope you guys have a lot of fun again this year. Somebody will have to do a lot of work to replace my waiver numbers
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Dang Travis, you'll be missed in here...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Ditto, I used to compete with you to see who could make the most moves :-)
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

What this means is I will send out a pm to Claphamsa to let him know he can officially join the league.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

woo! #01

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Excellent response so far from everybody. I am getting pumped!

Looks like we still need to hear from Ramazivil, TRO, Comey and Sterlingice (sigh)

We have Subby to take one of their places.

If the rest dont join, that means we will have room for others who weren't part of the league last year so feel free to add your name to the waiting list. I promise you this is the most fun draft in all of fantasy sports!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #27
Comey
College Starter

I'm leaning towards joining. Just plotting out my timeline for the draft (work changes, mainly).

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #28
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am in on Yahoo. Time to start studying up now...
Old 03-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #29
heybrad
Norm!!!

Can I be put on the waiting list?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

heybrad! absolutely. ill put you down. I think there is a good chance you will make it in.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #31
Danny
Head Coach

I hope SI is doing ok
Old 03-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #32
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

As far as I can tell he is active on sbnation. My guess and hope is he is just busy.

In one hour, my sbnation account becomes fully active and I will reply to one of the threads he has commented in since sbnation doesn't have pms and hopefully get a more firm answer from him. At the very least, give him quite a surprise
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #33
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have been trying. I am not being allowed in
Old 03-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

what are you seeing? Everyone else so far has gotten in. Did you type in the password?

Here is the link again: Password is dola

Sign in to Yahoo!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #35
TRO
College Prospect

In. 5
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #36
Comey
College Starter

I'm in. #9 please.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #37
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Still waiting to hear back from ramazavil and sterlingice. If they say no or we don't hear back from them then subby and heybrad can take their place. The draft will start no later than Wednesday morning.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #38
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

yea I typed in to where I was naming the team changing things without hitting the change link...I think that was the issue. I am all good now. Ready to pick Chipper!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #39
samifan24
Pro Starter

Sorry to see you go, Travis. You were a worthy owner and a good adversary!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
Ramzavail
College Starter

in. Thanks for the PM #12
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #41
Ramzavail
College Starter

Are we interested in my keeper idea?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #42
Ramzavail
College Starter

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - 2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League! (Season Over: Congrats, PF)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #43
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

IVe promoted this in another league... I prefer you pick trout in the 16th round, next year hes a 12, then an 8 then a 4.

so you cant keep forever... but you take a much larger penalty!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #44
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'd love to do a keeper but I suggest since we're getting this started late we just do what we've done in the past. Seems like there would be several days of voting on rules, ect.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #45
TRO
College Prospect

Voting No on keepers.

We drafted last year without them in mind. Would have created different late round strategies for some.

Last edited by TRO : 03-11-2013 at 07:17 AM.
TRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #46
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

We certainly can't do keepers this year, but I wouldn't mind voting on it to start it next year.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #47
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Looks like it is a no on the keeper league idea for this year. I am going to set up the draft order in a second. I will give Sterlingice/Subby #10 and I will take #4. This way we can begin preparing for the draft and also begin complaining about our draft position
Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #48
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Go to the second post to easily see the official draft order at all times.

Draft Order
01. Claphamsa
02. clebrownsfan
03. Ramazavil
04. LWSFS
05. Samifan24
06. Danny
07. Packerfanatic
08. Mizzourah
09. Sterlingice/Subby
10. TRO
11. Comey
12. Klein Bottles

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 03-11-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #49
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Alright - can't wait to get this thing started!!! (BTW - I have done ZERO preparation for this year - should be interesting)

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #50
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Good thing you got the second pick, that shouldn't take much preparation at all