Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
PING: PHP and/or phpBB3 gurus

Howdy everyone,

1&1 is forcing me to move to a newer version of PHP. So I'm upgrading the site and forums for the FOFC-BBCF league. I've got the forums upgraded to phpBB3, and that seems to be working like a champ. However, the file uploader (which I believe was written many moons ago by VPI97 and was widely used by many leagues) is giving me fits. I'm not that strong with PHP, but I figured out which DB fields need to be changed from how they were in phpBB2. But the authentication method has changed in phpBB3, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to re-write that section.

I'm hoping that someone out there has already had to do this, and can help me out. Any info or pointers on what to do would be much appreciated. Thanks!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hmm, been too long since I've used phpBB to remember anything. In dealing with vbulletin though, I can say that I have been able to pick up a few tricks by looking at some of that code*. Maybe see what scripts authenticate for phpBB and delve into those?

One thing that tripped me up in general with our own PHP upgrade (a few years ago now) was handling query variables. I think we had some scripts where we were calling them by name right off the bat rather than using $_REQUEST. Not even sure how that worked in the first place thinking back on it.

* for vbulletin, we have to grab a password field and a salt field and do something like:
Code:
if (md5(md5($userpassword) . $myrow['salt']) == $myrow['password']) {}

Last edited by cuervo72 : 02-12-2013 at 10:01 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote