Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Smile Out of the Park Baseball 14 announced & pre-order info

Hey guys,

we have just announced OOTP 14... please see our latest newsletter with all the details:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0109/

Enjoy!
Markus

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
frnk55
High School Varsity

Ah yes, baseball season is coming up! Count me in as one to pre-order.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Blah - looks like more of an update than a new version of OOTP. None of the new features are really not making me as exited as I usually am for an OOTP release...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
lungs
Pro Rookie

Making the draft and international amateur signings more realistic makes this a must buy for me.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
lungs
Pro Rookie

Dola

Who am I kidding, I'd buy it no matter what.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Dola

Me too.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Dola

I likely will too, but I was really hoping for animated players this year FM style. Hopefully next.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

I wish Markus the best of luck with OOTP 14, but last year's game finally broke me. I'm out.

On the other hand, I'm starved enough for a hockey text sim that FHM has my complete attention (any news on *that*?).
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
chinaski
College Prospect

So, I havent played OOTP in many versions. Does it have FM style graphics yet for on the field plays? Like, can I see my OF chase down a line drive etc, instead of relying on play by play text for immersion?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
dunkem
Mascot

I was hoping they'd put in some kind of graphics this year too. Thought that's what was being mentioned in last years version too.

I'd even be happy with old school microleague or earl weaver type graphics. I miss sims like Earl Weaver which even had fence dimensions and everything. Too bad someting like MLB2Kx can't use OOTP type of simulation
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

On the other hand, I'm starved enough for a hockey text sim that FHM has my complete attention (any news on *that*?).

Anxiously awaiting this myself. Do we even have a thread for it on this board?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I likely will too, but I was really hoping for animated players this year FM style. Hopefully next.

This.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I don't need animations or anything like that. Video games do that job fine. I like my text sims with lots of text and functional mechanics.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

$5 whole dollars? I might be enticed with $10 off.

I'll have to hold off this year on an early buy due to the wife being off work for 4 months for bed rest due to pregnancy problems. Losing 50% of income for 5 months kinda sucks!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #15
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Don't spend that $5 all in one place. I remember when it was $15 off or thereabouts.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I don't need animations or anything like that. Video games do that job fine. I like my text sims with lots of text and functional mechanics.

Video games don't that for me at all. Managing in a video game generally suck, and text is boring for actually getting sucked into a game. That's one of the many reasons why FM is better than any other game in the market, and probably always will be.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
MrBug708
Head Coach

While I appreciate the ability to roll over games, it does take off a bit from multiplayer. You can't find as many owners for the previous version and the new version doesnt get purchased right away.

I always felt that if you had the previous version at full price, the next one should be half off to ride through the rough patches.

But I don't own the company that makes the product...haha
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #18
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

I always felt that if you had the previous version at full price, the next one should be half off to ride through the rough patches.

Especially if you consider what's being added from a casual players standpoint. The loogy if I recall used to be in the game..thats a selling point ? Taking a page out of ea sports.

Sorry Markus if I am coming off wrong thats not my intention. I will be putting $40 down on this game down the road...or less if its discounted when I do get it in the summer. I've supported every game but one or two for the past 8 years and I'm happy to continue to do so because the market needs it.

Last edited by mauchow : 01-24-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I have bought every version since 10 but may hold off on this one, will wait and see.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #20
korme
Go Reds

Finally a LOOGY I can get behind!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #21
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully FA comp works in this version
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
bhlloy
Coordinator

I dunno, I must have a completely different perspective on the game than everyone else here. Or maybe everyone just loves to bag on OOTP. The game needs far less "new features!" every year and desperately needs an overhaul of the development and scouting system, which this version supposedly is going to deliver. I'm far more interested about that than some of the big ticket items that have been in the last few versions.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #23
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
Especially if you consider what's being added from a casual players standpoint. The loogy if I recall used to be in the game..thats a selling point ? Taking a page out of ea sports.

Been buying since v4 and I don't believe LOOGY has ever been in the game, only requested year after year. Unless Markus snuck it into v6.5 and I've forgotten?

Quote:
Improved depth charts and pitching staff control, i.e. list your preferred pinch-hitters, pinch-runners and "LOOGY"-Pitcher.

The only thing on this list that was there before is the "preferred pinch-hitters".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I dunno, I must have a completely different perspective on the game than everyone else here. Or maybe everyone just loves to bag on OOTP. The game needs far less "new features!" every year and desperately needs an overhaul of the development and scouting system, which this version supposedly is going to deliver. I'm far more interested about that than some of the big ticket items that have been in the last few versions.

This. I used to win championship after championship in older versions of ootp. It is the "unseen" new feature\overhaul\rewrites that have made the game challenging for single players.

For the last three versions I haven't seen a lot of big changes in the game but I can always tell I am playing a different game. My favorite additions to the game are the new screens that make it easier to get to the info I want\need to see. Have yet to buy a version I didn't feel was worth the upgrade price especially when you consider the entertainment value you get from the game on a "dollars per hour" basis. YMMV.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
cougarfreak
College Starter

Easy must order for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Or maybe everyone just loves to bag on OOTP.

This is the nature of FOFC. OOTP is in a place here where nothing Markus does will satisfy the masses.

I will be buying this version and every version in the future because I love the franchise. I think WoW is the only game I have ever played more in my life.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Very much looking forward to the player development improvements. Those alone are worth the upgrade cost for me.

I could not care less about animation. I like to blast through seasons mostly paying attention to my team building efforts. Playing out a game is not something I do because it makes the seasons tedious and allows me to cheat by doing things the AI cannot.

I'm glad Marcus is making development changes before animation because once the little sprites are added and mobile, the OOTP boards will become a hive of complaints that "Cal Ripken didn't look anything like that" or "Ozzie Smith was much faster than that" or "Elvis Andrus doesn't play that far in the hole when Prince Fielder is up." Crap like that.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

Last edited by OldGiants : 01-25-2013 at 07:48 AM.
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #27
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Been buying since v4 and I don't believe LOOGY has ever been in the game, only requested year after year. Unless Markus snuck it into v6.5 and I've forgotten?

I'm 75% sure loogy was in the game at one point.

Last edited by mauchow : 01-25-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #28
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I PM'd Markus this link...

CBSSports.com GameTracker - Baseball

This is EXACTLY what I want to see in OOTP.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #29
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This is the nature of FOFC. OOTP is in a place here where nothing Markus does will satisfy the masses.

I will be buying this version and every version in the future because I love the franchise. I think WoW is the only game I have ever played more in my life.

Well, if we wanted an environment where we all slurped on the game, we'd hang out on those godawful forums.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #30
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Very much looking forward to the player development improvements. Those alone are worth the upgrade cost for me.

I could not care less about animation. I like to blast through seasons mostly paying attention to my team building efforts. Playing out a game is not something I do because it makes the seasons tedious and allows me to cheat by doing things the AI cannot.

I'm glad Marcus is making development changes before animation because once the little sprites are added and mobile, the OOTP boards will become a hive of complaints that "Cal Ripken didn't look anything like that" or "Ozzie Smith was much faster than that" or "Elvis Andrus doesn't play that far in the hole when Prince Fielder is up." Crap like that.

Which would then progress to the EA board complaints about when dreads are going to be in the game and how much Markus doesn't care because they got Elvis Andrus' socks ALL wrong!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #31
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Which would then progress to the EA board complaints about when dreads are going to be in the game and how much Markus doesn't care because they got Elvis Andrus' socks ALL wrong!

That's why it just needs to be a simple 2d representation like the link I posted.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

Haven't we been told the last two releases that "it's coming next release"?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #33
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

IIRC the guy who Markus had on board to do graphics got snatched up from another company or something along those lines. I'm excited for the new version.

Taking international signings to the next level is something I've been wanting to see since scouting changed many years ago. I don't get all the hate for the game on these boards to be honest. I get a ton of enjoyment out of the game.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #34
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I don't get all the hate for the game on these boards to be honest. I get a ton of enjoyment out of the game.

I see quite a few of the people here at the ootp boards, too. I'm definitely a fan. I've had a ton of enjoyment with version 13, and I'm not finished with it yet. Not even close.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #35
Icy
Pro Starter

Preordered yesterday as i do every year (had an issue with paypal payment and it was paid 3 times but it's being taken care off quickly).

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Favorite text sim by far, some people just like to moan.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #37
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

The new player origin system is something that has me very excited. Certainly seems like it would be an easy thing to screw up, but if done right changes the game dramatically.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #38
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I agree it will be great if it means no more guys that hit .314 with 29 walks and 39homers
Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #39
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I agree it will be great if it means no more guys that hit .314 with 29 walks and 39homers

How about .291/.406/.574 with 38 HRs, 48 SBs, 112BB and 23Ks?

Jorge "Phenom" Garza
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #40
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ootpdevelopments.com is down after a cyber-attack.
We're very sorry and working hard to get the server and forum up and running again.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #41
Qrusher14242
High School JV

was just going to post about the site down, that sucks hopefully they can come back soon
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #42
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
was just going to post about the site down, that sucks hopefully they can come back soon

Up for me now
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #43
miked
College Starter

I'm still waiting for v13 not to re-arrange my amateur draft every season to alphabetical order by division.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #44
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Back down again..
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #45
Comey
College Starter

Switching to a new server, as a result of the attacks over the weekend.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #46
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Switching to a new server, as a result of the attacks over the weekend.

Ahhh.. ok thanks.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #47
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I don't get all the hate for the game on these boards to be honest. I get a ton of enjoyment out of the game.

Not hate. Enjoying 13, just don't see a need to jump to 14 at this point as I don't see enough on the features list to make me say wow.

I play historical seasons with 13 and barring an FM style presentation I can't see upgrading any time soon. Maybe if the Phillies win the WS this year I will pick up next year's version. Or if there is a late addition of features that completely knocks me over.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #48
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I thought maybe I was alone, but now it feels like I'm at least in the plurality. I know there is advertisement of a lot of sections being recoded result-wise, but it largely feels like v13.5, maybe even v12.9, rather than v14.0.

Then again, I maybe influenced by my pickup of MLB 2k13. I skipped 2k12, but 2k13 feels like a roster patch of 2k11. Might be a bad year for baseball games.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #49
lungs
Pro Rookie

The new player origin system will be worth it for me if done halfway right. Especially if international amateur free agents don't necessarily have to be 'international'. Ie: can we simulate a 100% free market amateur model? No draft, everybody is a free agent regardless of where they come from.

I know technically it was already possible but the results sucked.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #50
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tomorrow is the day!!! Yipeee!!!!