Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Edward64
Head Coach

2013 Video Games Thread

Here are the upcoming games.

The best PC games of 2013 | Best PC Games, Features | PC Gamer

RPG Dead State and Raven's Cry are on my watch list.

Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

Space Rangers update. I really enjoyed the game and replayed it like crazy. I know its not a major rewrite but hope there are alot more goodies.

Space Rangers: A War Apart
Quote:
We saw few comments to previous entries, where you guys were asking about how things are going. Well, we were working hard for weeks, but now we have time to share some details with you!

At the moment the game is almost done and being translated to English and other languages. We believe that this translation will be much better than previous one in Reboot.

Release version of the game will be available sometime in Q1 of 2013 simultaneously in Russian and English. You will be able to purchase the game in retail stores and through Steam as well.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Sacred 3!
frnk55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Great link. Thanks for sharing it.

Ton of interesting things coming out. I think the quality and whether the Kickstarter games are actually released this year will make or break 2013 for me and will likely make or break the whole Kickstarter video game trend.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wastelands 2 will be nirvana, loved the original and this is easily my most anticipated release in some time.

Dead State looks really cool too.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Grand Theft Auto 5 is at the top of my list and is the only game I'm certain to buy this year.

I'll keep an eye on the Elder Scrolls MMO, only because it mentions Mythic's involvement.

Dragon Age 3, the South Park RPG, Total War: Rome 2 are all games I'll keep an eye on and hope that they are good.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Dungeonland looks like it could be interesting for its dungeon master mode where 3 people play co-op and a 4th sends monsters at them.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
spleen1015
Coordinator

Yeah, GTA5 is at the top of my list as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Anyone picking up Ni No Kuni when it comes out in a couple of weeks? I'm cheap and my PS3 is in storage right now and I'm only like 1/3rd of the way through Xenoblade Chronicles but this is definitely on my radar.

For those unaware, Studio Ghibli is releasing a video game that looks, well, like a Studio Ghibli movie and it's done by Level 5 who has done, among other things, Professor Layton so it looks like an excellent match.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Total War: Rome 2 are all games I'll keep an eye on and hope that they are good.

I picked up a few Total War games and they all were easy strategy games on the outside and increasingly more complex battles on the inside. I then picked up the expansion for M TW 2 and it didn;t work as advertised and had numerous bugs. This was about five months after its release. I checked the forums and there was no patch for the expansion, nor one on teh way. Some of the features it used to sell the expansion on the box did not work at all, and then they announced that no patch would be forthcoming, because they were focusing their staff on other games. I decided, at that time, to boycott the franchise and i have never looked back. Even if they later recanted their mistake and made a patch, it wouldn't matter to me. They cared more about future games than about fixing an expansion that had been out for months and had major bugs and issues with the expansion not working as sold. To me, they wasted my money on the expansion and didn;t care about giving me a good product that worked as designed. Therefore, i've never even looked at another TW game since.

Just figured I'd let you all know how much of an old cuss I am

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Space Rangers update. I really enjoyed the game and replayed it like crazy. I know its not a major rewrite but hope there are alot more goodies.

Space Rangers: A War Apart

Thanks for this! Can't wait!

Quote:
  • New pirate subplot. After completing any one of the story branches a player can either end the game, or continue playing to complete another branch. the player’s actions influence the entire Galaxy, while the balance in either of wars may be tipped not only by the player, but by AI actions as well. No two playthroughs will be the same.
  • Major technical overhaul. Display resolutions up to 1920×1200, multi-core processors, Windows® 7, and anti-aliasing in 3D planetary battles are now fully supported.
  • Extended soundtrack means you’ll hear more than 15 completely new musical themes specially created for deeper immersion into the amazing Space Rangers universe.
  • Other improvements include more than 10 new text adventures, 15+ planetary battle maps, 20+ government missions, unique non-story events, new equipment and micromodules, access to all hyperspace engagements from the main menu and more!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 01-05-2013 at 12:17 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Any recommendations for a racing game on Xbox 360 that young kids (3 &5 yrs old) can play with 4 players on one system?

Both boys are pretty advanced for their age so as long as it isn't crazy intense I assume they will handle it well.

We used to have Mario Kart but the 5 yr old got bored after dominating it when he was 3. His younger brother is good but not quite at that level.

Any ideas? Would really prefer Xbox 360 but also have Wii.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'll keep an eye on the Elder Scrolls MMO, only because it mentions Mythic's involvement.

I think there is more than one City of Heroes devs on it as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
mckerney
Coordinator

Elder Scrolls Online - Alpha Review - YouTube
Old 01-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I think there is more than one City of Heroes devs on it as well.

I was really sad that City of Heroes closed down two months ago. A classic and one of the best MMORPGs of all time to my mind. It's not Guild Wars, UO or WoW, but it was easily one of the top ten, and maybe back half of the top five if i thought about it

Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
South Park: The Stick of Truth looks like it is gonna be fun.

Slim Application Error
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Any recommendations for a racing game on Xbox 360 that young kids (3 &5 yrs old) can play with 4 players on one system?

Both boys are pretty advanced for their age so as long as it isn't crazy intense I assume they will handle it well.

We used to have Mario Kart but the 5 yr old got bored after dominating it when he was 3. His younger brother is good but not quite at that level.

Maybe Sonic All-Stars? Similar to Mario Kart, but with Sega characters.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So you guys will feel loved too!

Is it just me, or is going back and forth into the Game Specials, Steam and Video Game threads giving anybody else whiplash?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post

Even though it has gotten average reviews. My girlfriend and I have been having a ton of fun with F1 race stars. I find it more challenging than Mario kart and maybe even more fun.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

My kids have been having fun with Burnout 3 Takedown. Even if it's an old Xbox game. They love the crashes.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
So you guys will feel loved too!

Is it just me, or is going back and forth into the Game Specials, Steam and Video Game threads giving anybody else whiplash?

Did you consider that this cross-posting might cause some of us whiplash?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, i hope so

Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #23
mckerney
Coordinator

Nvidia announces Project Shield handheld gaming system with 5-inch multitouch display, available in Q2 of this year | The Verge

Quote:
In addition to supporting all of the games available to Android devices and the games in the Tegra Zone, the Shield also has the ability to stream games from a home Windows PC equipped with a GeForce GTX 650 (or higher) graphics card to the handheld device over Wi-Fi, letting users access their library of PC games, including games in the Steam library, while on the go. It access the games on the home PC and run them virtually on the Shield. In the future, Nvidia says that it will add support to stream content from the Shield to a television wirelessly, so you can watch video and play games on your TV display without being tethered by wires.

This is the sort of thing I'm more interested in than a Steam console. Not sure about this specific product without knowing more, and needing at least a GTX 650 isn't a selling point for me right now. Hopefully we'll see more products that let you stream games from PC to TV on a local network though.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-07-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Well, i hope so

*sues*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #25
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Mega Man: A Full Commentated Playthrough - IGN Video

Not usually one to watch walkthroughs but really enjoyed this one. Commentary is subdued and informative and it's a good game to do it with since it's not too long.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #26
mckerney
Coordinator

Teaser for CD Projekt Red's new RPG series.

And a little info on what's probably The Witcher 3 in it.

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo jumbo, so let's begin!
First of all--have you noticed all the details in our teaser (Yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants--look for the weapon hands and the real skin -- corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!
You're probably curious about the release. It's currently scheduled a way off in 20(14,15,16?) but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever-- OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!
Oh--And you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our Dev team, so if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools) on a single ambitious project, send us your application right now! [email protected]
So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe (misspelled in trailer, heh) that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm.. we'll tell some more about it soon!
And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about - on the 5th of February it will all be clear.
So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!
We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called afterlife--what other name could we have chosen for it?
CD Project Red Team
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Excited to play this when it comes out on 1/30

Crasleen: Drums of War Windows game - Indie DB
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #29
mckerney
Coordinator

‘Fallout’ Television Series May Be In The Works | Geekscape

Could at least be better than Revolution I'd hope.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
‘Fallout’ Television Series May Be In The Works | Geekscape

Could at least be better than Revolution I'd hope.

That would be fucking awesome if it was good. No doubt the popularity of Walk Dead has made this feasible. However trust that hollywood will fuck this up bigtime.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #31
bhlloy
Coordinator

Does anyone have any insight on Omerta: City of Gangsters which is being released at the end of the month. As a turn based gangster game it seems to be the spiritual successor to Gangsters, which was a game I played the shit out of back in the day
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #32
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Does anyone have any insight on Omerta: City of Gangsters which is being released at the end of the month. As a turn based gangster game it seems to be the spiritual successor to Gangsters, which was a game I played the shit out of back in the day

The developer worked on the last couple of Tropico games and did a good job. It's a game I've had on my radar.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #33
rjolley
College Starter

If anyone wants a chance to check out the new SimCity, they have opened registrations for the closed beta at http://www.simcity.com/beta.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-18-2013 at 12:19 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #34
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Baldur's Gate Enhanced now on Steam, but 'ver - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

Considering the initial reports on the game, I'm not really sure an even lesser developed version is really getting me excited.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #36
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Baldur's Gate Enhanced now on Steam, but 'ver - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

Considering the initial reports on the game, I'm not really sure an even lesser developed version is really getting me excited.

This was discussed in the Steam thread. Is a butthurt developer angry that Atari and now Steam are taking money away from him. Heaven forbid Atari, who financed it and Steam, who sell it, get their cut. "2011" refers to the patch not the year. As far as I can tell it is the same game just one patch off since the game sits at "2012" right now. That patch will filter through the Steam version eventually, but I doubt the dev will ever stop bitching about Steam getting their cut.

I vote Bioware gets a cut of the game too at this point just to spite the new dev.

Last edited by dubb93 : 01-18-2013 at 11:04 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

How come you folks are talking about the BG: EE in the 2013 Video Games Thread?

This is why we need just one thread for all of these video game threads.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-18-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #38
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Atari Files For Bankruptcy, Company Hopes to Remain Intact
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #39
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Hopefully they can. That's all that's left of Atari; the company split into two back in '84 into an arcade company (retained by Time Warner) and a home software company (sold to Jack Tramiel); the former went through some iterations before becoming Midway a while ago and eventually went out of business.

The latter went through the whole Tengen/Tetris mess and eventually wound up with Infogrames, which is where the article you linked picks up.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #40
Thomkal
Head Coach

Elder Scrolls Online now taking beta signups:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #41
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Ni No Kune came out for PS3 yesterday. It's a JRPG that is being compared to Chrono Trigger, among others. It has a ridiculously talented team behind it, and borrows gameplay elements from Pokemon and Namco's Tales series. The art is straight anime, and it is incredibly well done. I'm about 2 hours in and it's fantastic so far.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #42
mckerney
Coordinator

Relic has been purchased by SEGA.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #43
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The WWE license went to 2K Sports.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #44
mckerney
Coordinator

Deep Silver gets Saints Row and Metro franchises. Ubisoft got the South Park game, though South Park Studios may be contesting THQs ability to sell it off.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-23-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #45
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Official rundown.

THQ studios and games sold to Sega, Koch Medi - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #46
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Apparently 2K Games is also probably going to get the WWE franchise in a deal outside of the auction.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #47
Blackadar
Retired

I got into the beta for the latest SimCity. Considering that I had to wait 30 minutes to log in, then the game couldn't/wouldn't even load a region for me to play in, I'd have to suggest to everyone to stay far, far away. It's obvious that the "always online" component is going to cause some serious issues.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #48
mckerney
Coordinator

Overall it looks like it all worked out pretty well aside from Vigil and the Darksiders series apparently being left for dead. Sega is an established publisher of PC strategy games between Total War and Football Manager, so they seem like a good landing spot for Relic. Koch Media seems like they won't interfere in the Saint's Row series, I was kind of worried Volition would end up with someone like Activision or EA who might want a GTA competitor and would have the series go in a more serious direction. Stick of Truth should be fine with Ubi, and that looks like its just a publishing deal for a single South Park game anyway.

Would've obviously been better if THQ hadn't gone all in on the uDraw, but looks like most of the major series should be okay.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #49
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I got into the beta for the latest SimCity. Considering that I had to wait 30 minutes to log in, then the game couldn't/wouldn't even load a region for me to play in, I'd have to suggest to everyone to stay far, far away. It's obvious that the "always online" component is going to cause some serious issues.

Yep, I was in the middle of the tutorial when I got a message telling me that the SimCity servers were down, and the game just stops allowing you to do anything.

Also, the cities are far too small.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #50
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to assume it's using EA's servers which are the worst and most unreliable I've ever encountered in the industry.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote