Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Alright, we've got FOF and TCY.. we've got OOTP...

... and we've also got College Hoops (TDCB), but what about the NBA and the NHL? Where are these types of Sports Sims Games for these two Leagues or Sports?

Am I missing something, or do they not exist? Or, are the current versions out just not very good? What's up?

MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:19 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Re: Alright, we've got FOF and TCY.. we've got OOTP...

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight
... and we've also got College Hoops (TDCB), but what about the NBA and the NHL? Where are these types of Sports Sims Games for these two Leagues or Sports?

Am I missing something, or do they not exist? Or, are the current versions out just not very good? What's up?

I liked Eastside Hockey Manager for NHL alot. I have not found an NBA game that I like. Others have liked some out there though. I will only give props to EHM though
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
Bishop
Mascot

Fast Break Basketball would be the top NBA sim... also was released as Season Ticket Basketball 2k3 with a facelift an a few new features... both are very solid games and supported well by Brian Nichols, who post here under the name Heavyreign.

Also believe he has a college game coming out soon, which should be interesting.

http://www.sportplanet.com/fbb/
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

JSB is an NBA sim. Nancy and Frank are FOFC visitors at times.

somebody else will have to direct you to their website. Wignasty actually runs an excellent JSB online league.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the Info, Fellas!! I figured there had to be something out there. I believe I've heard these titles mentioned on threads before, but obviously forgot about them.. Thanks!!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
Bee
Pro Starter

The NBA game from .400 studios is supposedly coming out soon as well. I think the programmer is named Gary Gorski(sp?). He was working on Franchise Hoops and recently replaced Frank and Nancy at .400 studios when they parted ways. There are screenshots up and it looks like an NBA version of the college game (hopefully without the release problems).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:34 PM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I really wish EHM was coming out soon. Playoff hockey and no hockey sim?

I still haven't tried the beta version yet.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:04 PM   #8
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

I really enjoy Fast Break Basketball. I found it, while more limited than JSB, was a lot more fast and stable, and overall more enjoyable. It doesn't have everything, but it's cheap and I've gotten a lot of use out of it. Planning on starting a diary tonight.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:05 PM   #9
cincyreds
High School Varsity

I will be keeping an eye on .400 NBA sim for sure.

EHM is another one that is sure to be great!
Old 04-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
Easy Mac

Im skeptical about the .400 NBA game. Franchise Hoops has been in developement for about 2 years now, and they released a beta late last year I think. The interface was horrible, and the game did not seem to have a clear purpose.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 03:59 PM   #11
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
Im skeptical about the .400 NBA game. Franchise Hoops has been in developement for about 2 years now, and they released a beta late last year I think. The interface was horrible, and the game did not seem to have a clear purpose.

If you look at the screenshots, it looks like they are using the same interface as Tournament Dreams (which I thought was a pretty solid interface) with very few modifications.

Also, from what I've read on their forums, it looks like there might be interaction between the two games that go beyond just importing rookies (such as importing college stats to the pro game for in-season player analysis).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #12
primelord
Pro Rookie

EHM: Franchise Edition can not get here quickly enough. I have tried several times to get into CM, but just can not get past the barrier of my total lack of soccer knowledge. So a hockey sim based on the same engine is exactly what I need.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:07 PM   #13
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee
He was working on Franchise Hoops and recently replaced Frank and Nancy at .400 studios when they parted ways.

What exactly happened between the two parties? Does anybody know? Or am I just being too nosey? I remember reading up on Frank and Nancy's boards one week, and then the next week they weren't there anymore.

The new game does look pretty nice from the screen shots however.

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:23 PM   #14
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Neuqua
What exactly happened between the two parties? Does anybody know? Or am I just being too nosey? I remember reading up on Frank and Nancy's boards one week, and then the next week they weren't there anymore.

The new game does look pretty nice from the screen shots however.

Neuqua

They mentioned something about not alot of communication between themselves and .400 studios and they said they didn't feel really wanted or something like that....

Regardless, they are both gonna do there own seperate games and didn't really seem to have anything bad to say about each other so it was just a business decision, not personal.

I think one of the reasons was to have the ability to have the college game and NBA game be inter transferable... draft files and stuff... which I don't think their game would of been able to do.

Last edited by Bishop : 04-29-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote