Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Alternate Rules Football; Draft Complete, Set Your Lineups

Draft is complete!

Check your teams in Yahoo- make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Now is a chance for trades if anyone wants to do it.

Also, Yahoo doesn't auto-populate your lineup! Make sure you do that before week 1.

Soft, live draft starts today (i.e. no pick time limit). Tomorrow at 8am ET, we start for realsies (with 2 hour time limit).

Draft Order
1. Rafalicous D - Rafini, 2
2. Houston Hippopotami - sterlingice, 6
3. Dayton Dynamo - Butter_of_69, 5
4. Roadkill Cafe - Danny, 8
5. Chief's Savages -Chief Rum, 9
6. Scoobz0202 - Scoobz0202, 3
7. Housewives on Acid - Subby, 4
8. Tasty Punts Too - Julio Riddols, 10
9. Royal Apes - TRO, 1
10. Eleven Masked Men - Masked, 7

Reminders:
1. If you could post your picks in a format like this "1.1 QB Warren Moon, HOU", it would be greatly appreciated. The bold helps it stand out from the random other chatter. Also, the position and team name make it easier for me to enter it into and find the right player. There are two WR Steve Smiths still in the league, for instance, and this helps out with putting the right names into Yahoo.
2. PM the person after you! This is extremely important this season with the quick schedule. Personally, I don't have thread subscriptions turned on so I don't see every time someone posts in the thread, but I do get an email every time I get a PM so that is helpful.
3. Yes, I'm the commish but I always am thankful for help. I'll be able to check multiple times per day but I won't be on every hour on the hour. If it's been more than the allotted time (2 hours this week, 1 hour next week), make the pick so the next person can go. It's nothing personal, we're not being mean, but we need to keep it moving. If someone posts in the thread "I'm here", be nice and let them make the pick (within reason- I mean if the posted it like 3 hours ago, well, you know...). But if you're late with the pick and you post "I'm here", make the pick in the next few minutes.
4. We've never had issues with table talk in my 2 leagues during the draft: it's meant to be a nice, friendly league and we all have access to the same information. So if I say "You know, I had a hard time deciding between Morten Anderson and Tony Zendejas but I went with Morten", don't get mad because Zendejas was your big sleeper and he gets picked right before you: if he was that big of a sleeper, you should have picked him last round. Heck, use table talk to your advantage: maybe I really don't like Zendejas and want someone else to pick him because I'm really hoping Chip Lohmiller falls to me. Just don't be an ass and it's up to my discretion who's being an ass. This is meant to be a nice, friendly league.
5. We're using Yahoo for the draft and I'll try to keep that up to date as often as I can. I'll also try to keep up with the draft in post #5. However, there's a quirk in Yahoo with regards to players remaining in the pool. If you go to the "Players" tab in Yahoo, it will take the drafted players out of the pool and you'll only see who is left. However, if you search on a name- it will give you all players with that name, available or not. So, if Warren Moon was picked 1.1 and I'm at 1.2, I won't see him in the available players. However, if I search on "Moon", he will show up even tho he's been picked.

Ok, signups are ready to go. You know the drill if you've been in my leagues before:
1) If you're returning, you have until tomorrow at noon to claim your spot. Post in the thread with your team name and draft number and then join the Yahoo league.
2) If you're new, you go onto the waiting list until tomorrow at noon. I suspect there will be spots this season with the rigorous schedule and quick turnaround so don't hesitate to get on the waiting list.

Make sure you've read the draft rules. This year, it's a pick every 2 hours! Frankly, I'm hoping to finish in about a week and a half so we don't have to mess with Labor Day but I suspect that will be really optimistic.

So far, I have the following teams:
(team name) - (fofc user name) , (number) , (in Yahoo)

Royal Apes - TRO, 1, IN - complete!
Rafalicous D - Rafini, 2, IN - complete!
Scoobz0202 - Scoobz0202, 3, IN - complete!
Housewives on Acid - Subby, 4, OUT
Dayton Dynamo - Butter_of_69, 5, IN - complete!
Houston Hippopotami - sterlingice, 6, IN - complete!
Eleven Masked Men - Masked, 7, IN - complete!
Roadkill Cafe - Danny, 8, IN - complete!
Chief's Savages -Chief Rum, 9, OUT
Tasty Punts Too - Julio Riddols, 10, IN - complete!

Did Not Return
(dick butkuses) - LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
(Hawaii-Vegas Ha'a) - k0ruptr

Waiting List
Chief Rum - added
Subby - added

Draft Order

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-30-2012 at 06:01 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Alternate Rules Football League Introduction

Introduction

The idea behind the FOFC Alternate Rules Football league is simple. We play with 2 QBs, playing PPR, and try to balance out all 3 of the major positions while still making the other 3 differentiated and yet valuable. In short, you need a good, balanced team across the board.

This league was started for a couple of reasons, most of which involve things I dislike about standard fantasy football leagues.
1) I absolutely hate the RB scrum that has stupidly started every fantasy football league since the dawn of time. RBs are one of the least valuable positions on the field
2) QBs are over pointed but over supplied. Most league starts 1 QB so in a 10 team league, the 11th most valuable QB is around equal to the 21st most valuable RB. So what you're telling me is that Eli Manning slots around Daniel Thomas, Jahvid Best, Ryan Matthews and Knowshon Moreno this year (I just left in this humorous cut and paste from 2011 considering the names involved)? In standard systems, he's worth at least 100 more points but won't be picked until much after them because of positional scarcity.
3) And to those who complain 2 QBs is not realistic, fantasy football is not about "realism". Where in the world are you going to see Maurice Jones-Drew and Chris Johnson lining up in the backfield on any play? That QB might actually *die* on the field, but that fantasy lineup would rack up a lot of fantasy points. The only time fantasy lineups could be even considered remotely realistic were the couple of years that Mike Alstott was accidentally worth something as an honest-to-goodness fullback. So, please, don't tell me that your 1 QB, 2 RB league is more realistic than this 2 QB, 2 RB league unless you're drafting fullbacks.
4) Points seemed to be based on arbitrary measurements: "Hey, a TD is worth 6 so let's make it worth 6 fantasy points". Never mind that a good QB will get in the 30s while an elite RB might get half that. So, points are balanced across the board to try and give equal weight to every skill position: QBs, workhorse RBs, receiving RBs, deep thread WRs, possession WRs, etc.

So, in short, the idea is not to game the system but to pick the players that best exceed expectations. In short- are you better at predicting players than everyone else. Is it perfect? No. But I do believe it's better than what's out there.

Alternate Rules Football History

In the first season, 2005, the Rafini Express steamrolled the rest of the league; led by Tomlinson, Palmer, Hasselbeck, and a solid receiving corps.

In 2006, Eleven Masked Men won the regular season while 5 teams were at either 9-5 or 8-6 but only three made the playoffs. The #4 and #3 seeds won in the playoffs with the balanced Marino Gets a Title winning over the LT-led Houston Hippopotami.

For 2007, there were 3 10-4 powers going into the playoffs with the Little Macs, Hawaii Haka, and Houston Hippopotami but it was the #4 seed Louisiana Cyclones who won the title after squeaking into the playoffs at 8-6.

In 2008, the league went on hiatus as I was moving cross country from Kansas City to Richmond. Guess what I'm looking to do yet again this year. *sigh*

2009 brought back the league in all its former glory with a slow, live draft and some slight scoring tweaks (I think). k0ruptr's Hawaii Ha'a dominated the regular season at 11-3 with the most points scored and won in the playoffs with a balanced team led by Adrian Peterson. Qwikshot's Quivers were the only other double digit win team but they lost in the first round of the playoffs.

2010 featured a quick, live draft as I ran out of time, having just moved to Indianapolis. Danny's Road Kill Cafe finished with the best record in the league, led by Peyton Manning and 2 RBs and 3 WRs with over 1000 yards and 6 TDs (McCoy, McFadden, Bowe, CJohnson, SMoss). He defeated #2 seed Royal Apes, led by the two headed QB monster of Vick and Rogers and RBs Jamaal Charles and Steven Jackson.

2011 returned to the standard draft albeit a sped up 2 hour format that we'll use again this year. The 4 teams that made the playoffs were the only teams with winning records. SterlingIce's Indianapolis Iguanii knocked off Julio Riddols's Tasty Punts by 0.08 in one of the semifinals. But TRO's Royal Apes prevailed in the finals, led by a combination of known commodities (Rodgers, Gore, Gates) and big surprises (Newton, Gronkowski, Matthews).

Rules

I'll try to outline the major points below but any writeup will be somewhat incomplete. I've been trying to make sure and balance out the three main positions. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than what's out there, in my opinion:

* First thing you'll notice is 2 QBs- your 2nd and even 3rd QB does matter, just as much as your 2nd and 3rd RBs. No more mad scramble solely for RBs.
* There are 3 WRs and they are worth 8/1 versus 10/1 for RBs and 30/1 for QBs
* TE's are a bit better than in the past, but I would still love to be able to hit them with a 1.5 * mulitiplier across the board. As that's not possible, they fall in positional value. PPR helps them, tho. As I can't, that 2nd TE has become a TE/(4th)WR slot this season.
* There are kindof 2 tiers of players: QBs/RBs/WRs and Ks/DEFs/TEs. The first are worth more as they are believed to be more important. However, those second tiers are still worth about 2/3rds what the first group does, and good ones can offset a bad week by a top tier player.
* There's a lot of emphasis on positional scarcity- 2 of pretty much everything in a 10 team league means 20 QBs, 20 RBs, 20 Ks, and 20 DEFs will be starting each and every week which only leaves 10 in the pool at max. You only get 5 bench spaces so use them well- no hoarding that 4th K or even 3rd K if it means dropping that injured RB who's about to come back or that backup for your stud who you have as a 4th RB.

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-20-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Alternate Rules Football League Yahoo Rules

Scoring & Settings

Setting Value
League ID#: 613362
League Name: FOFC Alternate Rules
Password: dola
Custom League URL: Sign in to Yahoo!
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: November 16, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Invite Sharing Tools: Disabled
Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 18 to Dec 24
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: No

Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Passing Yards 30 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 5 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1 0
Reception Yards 8 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles -1 0
Fumbles Lost -1 -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Kickers League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 4 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 5 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 6 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 7 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -2 0
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1 0
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1 0
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1 0
Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Sack 1
Interception 1 2
Fumble Recovery 1 2
Touchdown 5 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Return Yards 50 yards per point 0
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 5 6
Points Allowed 0 points 20 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 15 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 10 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 5 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -2 -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -5 -4

Code:
2011 001-025: (467-284) 09 QB / 04 RB / 10 WR / 02 TE 026-050: (281-230) 04 QB / 09 RB / 10 WR / 02 TE 051-075: (228-194) 05 QB / 05 RB / 11 WR / 04 TE 076-100: (194-167) 01 QB / 08 RB / 11 WR / 05 TE 001-100: (467-167) 19 QB / 26 RB / 42 WR / 13 TE Top20 D: (242-147) Top20 K: (258-151) 2010 001-025: (434-281) 06 QB / 09 RB / 10 WR / 00 TE 026-050: (279-235) 07 QB / 05 RB / 12 WR / 01 TE 051-075: (231-192) 06 QB / 06 RB / 10 WR / 03 TE 076-100: (192-165) 03 QB / 03 RB / 10 WR / 09 TE 001-100: (434-165) 22 QB / 23 RB / 42 WR / 13 TE Top20 D: (241-157) Top20 K: (215-142)

Ideally, looking for a 20/20/45/15 split for skill positions in the top 100 as that's how many start and then the DEF/K should have some variance to make better ones worth more while keeping them in the 50-100 category.

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-20-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Alternate Rules Football League House Rules

Who Can Join
Preference goes towards members who were in the league last year. Now through noon of Tuesday August 21st, they are the only ones who can join. Anyone else is put on the waiting list.

Signing Up
IF YOU ARE RETURNING, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PUT A NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST. I have saved a text file to my desktop with 10 numbers that will determine the draft order. I will take whatever the last number is.

Draft Format

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting at noon of Wednesday August 22nd.

We've got a really short schedule this year. The season starts Wednesday September 5th. That means we have about 3 weeks to do the slow, live draft. Big problem: I'm out of town over Labor Day weekend from Thursday night to Monday night!

So, we're going to do what we did last year with 2 hours per pick between the hours of 8am ET and 10pm ET on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we always have to a couple of times during the draft. As of next Monday morning through next Thursday, we'll shrink that down to 1 hour.

The evening rules are still the same. If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 9am) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until 10am). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn. This weekend, I'm planning on doing the standard weekday schedule of every 2 hours including night and weekend. If we're looking good going into Labor Day, we might be able to relax that a little bit. I know I'll be out of town but I might still have some internet access.

I'm going to, once again, need some help enforcing these time limits, especially this year with the short draft time. If someone is at 2 hours- please auto-pick for them so the next person can go.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

The season starts September 5th. If the draft is not complete by Tuesday September 4th at noon (day after Labor Day), we will have a quick live draft via AIM to complete the draft on Tuesday September 4th, starting at 7pm ET. Anyone who won't be able to make that will need to submit a list to me, a proxy, or have a proxy in chat (who is not in the league) to finish out their team.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Rule Changes
*The 2nd TE became a WR/TE slot and a RB/WR/TE flex was added after some discussions at the end of last season
*Fractional points are going away. As fun as winning by 0.08 can be- it's really hard to get your hands on those numbers.
*PPR went from 0.5 to 1.0 in an effort to get rid of fractional points and somewhat boost WR/TE
*I'm trying adding simple 5 point bonuses for 300 yard passing games and 100 yard receiving and rushing games. I'm not sure if these will serve a purpose but we'll see how those go
*Lots of tweaks to DST and K to get them more in line with where I want them: the top 20 should fall within the same range as skill position players 50~100 or maybe a little higher, if possible

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-20-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Alternate Rules Football League Draft Picks

Round 1
1. Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB) Rafalicious D
2. Drew Brees (NO - QB) Houston Hipp...
3. Tom Brady (NE - QB) Dayton Dynamo
4. Arian Foster (Hou - RB) Roadkill Cafe
5. Ray Rice (Bal - RB) Chief's Savages
6. LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB) Scoobz0202
7. Cam Newton (Car - QB) Housewives o...
8. Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) Tasty Punts Too
9. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB) Royal Apes
10. Matt Forte (Chi - RB) Eleven Maske...
Round 2
1. Jimmy Graham (NO - TE) Eleven Maske...
2. Wes Welker (NE - WR) Royal Apes
3. A.J. Green (Cin - WR) Tasty Punts Too
4. Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE) Housewives o...
5. Julio Jones (Atl - WR) Scoobz0202
6. Chris Johnson (Ten - RB) Chief's Savages
7. Darren McFadden (Oak - RB) Roadkill Cafe
8. Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) Dayton Dynamo
9. Roddy White (Atl - WR) Houston Hipp...
10. Eli Manning (NYG - QB) Rafalicious D
Round 3
1. Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB) Rafalicious D
2. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB) Houston Hipp...
3. Tony Romo (Dal - QB) Dayton Dynamo
4. DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB) Roadkill Cafe
5. Peyton Manning (Den - QB) Chief's Savages
6. Philip Rivers (SD - QB) Scoobz0202
7. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR) Housewives o...
8. Darren Sproles (NO - RB) Tasty Punts Too
9. Jamaal Charles (KC - RB) Royal Apes
10. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) Eleven Maske...
Round 4
1. Jay Cutler (Chi - QB) Eleven Maske...
2. Steven Jackson (StL - RB) Royal Apes
3. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB) Tasty Punts Too
4. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) Housewives o...
5. Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB) Scoobz0202
6. Michael Vick (Phi - QB) Chief's Savages
7. Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR) Roadkill Cafe
8. Fred Jackson (Buf - RB) Dayton Dynamo
9. Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB) Houston Hipp...
10. Greg Jennings (GB - WR) Rafalicious D
Round 5
1. Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR) Rafalicious D
2. Ryan Mathews (SD - RB) Houston Hipp...
3. Jordy Nelson (GB - WR) Dayton Dynamo
4. Victor Cruz (NYG - WR) Roadkill Cafe
5. Steve Smith (Car - WR) Chief's Savages
6. Reggie Bush (Mia - RB) Scoobz0202
7. Trent Richardson (Cle - RB) Housewives o...
8. Doug Martin (TB - RB) Tasty Punts Too
9. Mike Wallace (Pit - WR) Royal Apes
10. Michael Turner (Atl - RB) Eleven Maske...
Round 6
1. Frank Gore (SF - RB) Eleven Maske...
2. Marques Colston (NO - WR) Royal Apes
3. Willis McGahee (Den - RB) Tasty Punts Too
4. Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR) Housewives o...
5. Eric Decker (Den - WR) Scoobz0202
6. Percy Harvin (Min - WR) Chief's Savages
7. Dez Bryant (Dal - WR) Roadkill Cafe
8. Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR) Dayton Dynamo
9. Antonio Gates (SD - TE) Houston Hipp...
10. BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Cin - RB) Rafalicious D
Round 7
1. Brandon Lloyd (NE - WR) Rafalicious D
2. Antonio Brown (Pit - WR) Houston Hipp...
3. Vernon Davis (SF - TE) Dayton Dynamo
4. Robert Griffin III (Was - QB) Roadkill Cafe
5. Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR) Chief's Savages
6. Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB) Scoobz0202
7. Andy Dalton (Cin - QB) Housewives o...
8. Andrew Luck (Ind - QB) Tasty Punts Too
9. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR) Royal Apes
10. Miles Austin (Dal - WR) Eleven Maske...
Round 8
1. Robert Meachem (SD - WR) Eleven Maske...
2. Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE) Royal Apes
3. Pierre Garcon (Was - WR) Tasty Punts Too
4. Beanie Wells (Ari - RB) Housewives o...
5. Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) Scoobz0202
6. Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf - QB) Chief's Savages
7. Josh Freeman (TB - QB) Roadkill Cafe
8. Donald Brown (Ind - RB) Dayton Dynamo
9. DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR) Houston Hipp...
10. Torrey Smith (Bal - WR) Rafalicious D
Round 9
1. Isaac Redman (Pit - RB) Rafalicious D
2. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR) Houston Hipp...
3. San Francisco (SF - DEF) Dayton Dynamo
4. Jake Locker (Ten - QB) Roadkill Cafe
5. Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE) Chief's Savages
6. Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE) Scoobz0202
7. Justin Blackmon (Jac - WR) Housewives o...
8. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB) Tasty Punts Too
9. Carson Palmer (Oak - QB) Royal Apes
10. Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR) Eleven Maske...
Round 10
1. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE) Eleven Maske...
2. Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB) Royal Apes
3. Fred Davis (Was - TE) Tasty Punts Too
4. Michael Bush (Chi - RB) Housewives o...
5. Christian Ponder (Min - QB) Scoobz0202
6. Laurent Robinson (Jac - WR) Chief's Savages
7. Jason Witten (Dal - TE) Roadkill Cafe
8. Roy Helu (Was - RB) Dayton Dynamo
9. Alex Smith (SF - QB) Houston Hipp...
10. Malcom Floyd (SD - WR) Rafalicious D
Round 11
1. Ryan Williams (Ari - RB) Rafalicious D
2. Kevin Smith (Det - RB) Houston Hipp...
3. Nate Washington (Ten - WR) Dayton Dynamo
4. Kenny Britt (Ten - WR) Roadkill Cafe
5. Cedric Benson (GB - RB) Chief's Savages
6. Lance Moore (NO - WR) Scoobz0202
7. Michael Crabtree (SF - WR) Housewives o...
8. Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) Tasty Punts Too
9. Matt Cassel (KC - QB) Royal Apes
10. Sam Bradford (StL - QB) Eleven Maske...
Round 12
1. Denarius Moore (Oak - WR) Eleven Maske...
2. C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB) Royal Apes
3. David Wilson (NYG - RB) Tasty Punts Too
4. Randy Moss (SF - WR) Housewives o...
5. Ben Tate (Hou - RB) Scoobz0202
6. Chicago (Chi - DEF) Chief's Savages
7. Darrius Heyward-Bey (Oak - WR) Roadkill Cafe
8. Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR) Dayton Dynamo
9. Greg Little (Cle - WR) Houston Hipp...
10. Rashad Jennings (Jac - RB) Rafalicious D
Round 13
1. Green Bay (GB - DEF) Rafalicious D
2. Houston (Hou - DEF) Houston Hipp...
3. Brent Celek (Phi - TE) Dayton Dynamo
4. Stevan Ridley (NE - RB) Roadkill Cafe
5. Peyton Hillis (KC - RB) Chief's Savages
6. Kendall Wright (Ten - WR) Scoobz0202
7. Alfred Morris (Was - RB) Housewives o...
8. Greg Olsen (Car - TE) Tasty Punts Too
9. Titus Young (Det - WR) Royal Apes
10. Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K) Eleven Maske...
Round 14
1. Baltimore (Bal - DEF) Eleven Maske...
2. Jacob Tamme (Den - TE) Royal Apes
3. Seattle (Sea - DEF) Tasty Punts Too
4. Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF) Housewives o...
5. Jared Cook (Ten - TE) Scoobz0202
6. Kellen Winslow (Sea - TE) Chief's Savages
7. David Akers (SF - K) Roadkill Cafe
8. Mark Ingram (NO - RB) Dayton Dynamo
9. Philadelphia (Phi - DEF) Houston Hipp...
10. Detroit (Det - DEF) Rafalicious D
Round 15
1. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB) Rafalicious D
2. Jermaine Gresham (Cin - TE) Houston Hipp...
3. Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K) Dayton Dynamo
4. Mason Crosby (GB - K) Roadkill Cafe
5. Tennessee (Ten - DEF) Chief's Savages
6. Steve Smith (StL - WR) Scoobz0202
7. Washington (Was - DEF) Housewives o...
8. Mike Nugent (Cin - K) Tasty Punts Too
9. Buffalo (Buf - DEF) Royal Apes
10. New York (NYJ - DEF) Eleven Maske...
Round 16
1. Pierre Thomas (NO - RB) Eleven Maske...
2. New England (NE - DEF) Royal Apes
3. Owen Daniels (Hou - TE) Tasty Punts Too
4. Dan Bailey (Dal - K) Housewives o...
5. Cincinnati (Cin - DEF) Scoobz0202
6. Robbie Gould (Chi - K) Chief's Savages
7. Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE) Roadkill Cafe
8. Danny Amendola (StL - WR) Dayton Dynamo
9. Garrett Hartley (NO - K) Houston Hipp...
10. Coby Fleener (Ind - TE) Rafalicious D
Round 17
1. Martellus Bennett (NYG - TE) Rafalicious D
2. Rob Bironas (Ten - K) Houston Hipp...
3. Matt Bryant (Atl - K) Dayton Dynamo
4. New York (NYG - DEF) Roadkill Cafe
5. Matt Prater (Den - K) Chief's Savages
6. Denver (Den - DEF) Scoobz0202
7. Dallas Clark (TB - TE) Housewives o...
8. Steven Hauschka (Sea - K) Tasty Punts Too
9. Alex Henery (Phi - K) Royal Apes
10. Jason Hanson (Det - K) Eleven Maske...
Round 18
1. Sidney Rice (Sea - WR) Eleven Maske...
2. Nate Kaeding (SD - K) Royal Apes
3. Mike Williams (TB - WR) Tasty Punts Too
4. Mark Sanchez (NYJ - QB) Housewives o...
5. Dan Carpenter (Mia - K) Scoobz0202
6. Jon Baldwin (KC - WR) Chief's Savages
7. Brandon LaFell (Car - WR) Roadkill Cafe
8. Arizona (Ari - DEF) Dayton Dynamo
9. Ronnie Brown (SD - RB) Houston Hipp...
10. Shayne Graham (Hou - K) Rafalicious D
Round 19
1. Billy Cundiff (Was - K) Rafalicious D
2. Robert Turbin (Sea - RB) Houston Hipp...
3. Brandon Weeden (Cle - QB) Dayton Dynamo
4. Dallas (Dal - DEF) Roadkill Cafe
5. Isaiah Pead (StL - RB) Chief's Savages
6. Lawrence Tynes (NYG - K) Scoobz0202
7. Kevin Kolb (Ari - QB) Housewives o...
8. Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB) Tasty Punts Too
9. Tim Tebow (NYJ - QB) Royal Apes
10. Kendall Hunter (SF - RB) Eleven Maske...

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-30-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Alternate Rules Football League Draft Picks by Team

Rafalicious D
1. (1) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
2. (20) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
3. (21) Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
4. (40) Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
5. (41) Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)
6. (60) BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Cin - RB)
7. (61) Brandon Lloyd (NE - WR)
8. (80) Torrey Smith (Bal - WR)
9. (81) Isaac Redman (Pit - RB)
10. (100) Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
11. (101) Ryan Williams (Ari - RB)
12. (120) Rashad Jennings (Jac - RB)
13. (121) Green Bay (GB - DEF)
14. (140) Detroit (Det - DEF)
15. (141) DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
16. (160) Coby Fleener (Ind - TE)
17. (161) Martellus Bennett (NYG - TE)
18. (180) Shayne Graham (Hou - K)
19. (181) Billy Cundiff (Was - K)
Houston Hippopotami
1. (2) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. (19) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
3. (22) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
4. (39) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
5. (42) Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
6. (59) Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
7. (62) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
8. (79) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
9. (82) Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
10. (99) Alex Smith (SF - QB)
11. (102) Kevin Smith (Det - RB)
12. (119) Greg Little (Cle - WR)
13. (122) Houston (Hou - DEF)
14. (139) Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)
15. (142) Jermaine Gresham (Cin - TE)
16. (159) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
17. (162) Rob Bironas (Ten - K)
18. (179) Ronnie Brown (SD - RB)
19. (182) Robert Turbin (Sea - RB)
Dayton Dynamo
1. (3) Tom Brady (NE - QB)
2. (18) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
3. (23) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
4. (38) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
5. (43) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
6. (58) Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
7. (63) Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
8. (78) Donald Brown (Ind - RB)
9. (83) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
10. (98) Roy Helu (Was - RB)
11. (103) Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
12. (118) Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)
13. (123) Brent Celek (Phi - TE)
14. (138) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
15. (143) Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)
16. (158) Danny Amendola (StL - WR)
17. (163) Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
18. (178) Arizona (Ari - DEF)
19. (183) Brandon Weeden (Cle - QB)
Roadkill Cafe
1. (4) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
2. (17) Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)
3. (24) DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB)
4. (37) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
5. (44) Victor Cruz (NYG - WR)
6. (57) Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
7. (64) Robert Griffin III (Was - QB)
8. (77) Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
9. (84) Jake Locker (Ten - QB)
10. (97) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
11. (104) Kenny Britt (Ten - WR)
12. (117) Darrius Heyward-Bey (Oak - WR)
13. (124) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
14. (137) David Akers (SF - K)
15. (144) Mason Crosby (GB - K)
16. (157) Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)
17. (164) New York (NYG - DEF)
18. (177) Brandon LaFell (Car - WR)
19. (184) Dallas (Dal - DEF)
Chief's Savages
1. (5) Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
2. (16) Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
3. (25) Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
4. (36) Michael Vick (Phi - QB)
5. (45) Steve Smith (Car - WR)
6. (56) Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
7. (65) Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
8. (76) Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf - QB)
9. (85) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
10. (96) Laurent Robinson (Jac - WR)
11. (105) Cedric Benson (GB - RB)
12. (116) Chicago (Chi - DEF)
13. (125) Peyton Hillis (KC - RB)
14. (136) Kellen Winslow (Sea - TE)
15. (145) Tennessee (Ten - DEF)
16. (156) Robbie Gould (Chi - K)
17. (165) Matt Prater (Den - K)
18. (176) Jon Baldwin (KC - WR)
19. (185) Isaiah Pead (StL - RB)
Scoobz0202
1. (6) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
2. (15) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
3. (26) Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
4. (35) Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
5. (46) Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
6. (55) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
7. (66) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)
8. (75) Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
9. (86) Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
10. (95) Christian Ponder (Min - QB)
11. (106) Lance Moore (NO - WR)
12. (115) Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
13. (126) Kendall Wright (Ten - WR)
14. (135) Jared Cook (Ten - TE)
15. (146) Steve Smith (StL - WR)
16. (155) Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
17. (166) Denver (Den - DEF)
18. (175) Dan Carpenter (Mia - K)
19. (186) Lawrence Tynes (NYG - K)
Housewives on Acid
1. (7) Cam Newton (Car - QB)
2. (14) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
3. (27) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
4. (34) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
5. (47) Trent Richardson (Cle - RB)
6. (54) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
7. (67) Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
8. (74) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
9. (87) Justin Blackmon (Jac - WR)
10. (94) Michael Bush (Chi - RB)
11. (107) Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
12. (114) Randy Moss (SF - WR)
13. (127) Alfred Morris (Was - RB)
14. (134) Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
15. (147) Washington (Was - DEF)
16. (154) Dan Bailey (Dal - K)
17. (167) Dallas Clark (TB - TE)
18. (174) Mark Sanchez (NYJ - QB)
19. (187) Kevin Kolb (Ari - QB)
Tasty Punts Too
1. (8) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
2. (13) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (28) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
4. (33) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
5. (48) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
6. (53) Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
7. (68) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
8. (73) Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)
9. (88) Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
10. (93) Fred Davis (Was - TE)
11. (108) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
12. (113) David Wilson (NYG - RB)
13. (128) Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
14. (133) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
15. (148) Mike Nugent (Cin - K)
16. (153) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
17. (168) Steven Hauschka (Sea - K)
18. (173) Mike Williams (TB - WR)
19. (188) Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
Royal Apes
1. (9) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
2. (12) Wes Welker (NE - WR)
3. (29) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
4. (32) Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
5. (49) Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)
6. (52) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
7. (69) Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
8. (72) Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)
9. (89) Carson Palmer (Oak - QB)
10. (92) Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
11. (109) Matt Cassel (KC - QB)
12. (112) C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
13. (129) Titus Young (Det - WR)
14. (132) Jacob Tamme (Den - TE)
15. (149) Buffalo (Buf - DEF)
16. (152) New England (NE - DEF)
17. (169) Alex Henery (Phi - K)
18. (172) Nate Kaeding (SD - K)
19. (189) Tim Tebow (NYJ - QB)
Eleven Masked Men
1. (10) Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
2. (11) Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
3. (30) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
4. (31) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
5. (50) Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
6. (51) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
7. (70) Miles Austin (Dal - WR)
8. (71) Robert Meachem (SD - WR)
9. (90) Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR)
10. (91) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
11. (110) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
12. (111) Denarius Moore (Oak - WR)
13. (130) Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
14. (131) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
15. (150) New York (NYJ - DEF)
16. (151) Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
17. (170) Jason Hanson (Det - K)
18. (171) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
19. (190) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-30-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

In?

Edit: I'll take number 10.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Ya, I'll get it out of the way as well. I'm in.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach

In
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
Butter
Coordinator

I'm also in.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
TRO
College Prospect

In to defend my crown.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
Butter
Coordinator

I'll take #5.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
Masked
College Starter

In, 7
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
TRO
College Prospect

Old 08-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Ya, I'll get it out of the way as well. I'm in.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post

Old 08-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I think I've messed with the scoring enough. Make sure to check the changes- we have a minor position change (2nd TE became TE/WR, added FLEX) and I played quite a bit with the scoring as it's been a couple of seasons since overhauling it so take a good look.

Draft this seasons is going to be a 2 hour clock until next Monday and then 1 hour next week until Thursday. I will be out of town over the weekend so I won't be able to enforce anything (or draft much) so I'm going to need some help to keep things moving. Honestly, I'm hoping to get this draft done in the next week and a half but that's a tall order.

I sent out invites to everyone from last seasons except Julio Riddols (no email in Yahoo)- PM me so I can send the league invite. I'll get the first post caught up with draft numbers- if you've been here, you know the drill.

If you've read all of this and still might want to play, post here to join the waiting list: first come, first serve.

SI

Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #18
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Remember to post numbers here and, to make it easier on me, team names

SI

Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If anyone drops out, I would like to be considered for a spot please.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You're first on the waiting list. With a quick turnaround this year, you'll know pretty quickly

SI

Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The first post should be up to date now. I'm heading out in a little but should be able to update tonight. And, if not, tomorrow morning and then all day tomorrow.

SI

Old 08-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
Subby
lolzcat

I am intrigued by this set up and would be interested in a spot if one opens.

Thanks.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Tasty Punts Too takes #10.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #24
Danny
Head Coach

11 rkc
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #25
rafini
High School JV

Rafini Express, #2
rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #26
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
11 rkc

This isn't Spinal Tap. We don't go to 11

SI

Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #27
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

1st post should be updated now.

Rafini, Butter_of_69, Masked- please join the league in Yahoo asap

Danny, I need a number from you

We haven't heard from 2 teams so we may have spots open but returners have until noon tomorrow to claim their spots

SI

Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #28
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Top post updated. Looks like 7 teams are in Yahoo so Butter needs to join and I need a number from Danny. Still haven't heard from the two returners (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding and k0ruptr)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-20-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
Danny
Head Coach

Old 08-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #30
Butter
Coordinator

Joined.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looks like 8 of 10 are returning, tho the last 2 still have about 4 hours to check in. I'm looking to move quickly on this so once we have a full league, I'm ready to start the draft.

Now-Noon ET: LastWhiteSoxFanStanding and k0ruptr have chance to rejoin
Noon ET-ASAP: Any open spots will go to those on the waiting list (Chief Rum, Subby). I need you to post a number and team name and PM me an email address. I'll send you an invite to the league.
Noon ET-noon ET tomorrow: Soft start to the draft. Once we have the draft order, picks can be made with no worrying about the clock.
Noon ET tomorrow: Draft starts in earnest- 2 hour clock enforced between 8am ET and 10pm ET.
Next Monday 8am ET: 1 hour clock enforced between 8am ET and 10pm ET

It's a pretty strict clock this year so make sure you can hold to it or make sure you have good lists to pass to someone else

Also, teams are free to change their names (Rafini already did)- I was just using last year's names as a placeholder.

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #32
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I didnt realize we were starting so soon but i may be sloe until 4:30est today. Ill make sure to have lists after today.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #33
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's cool- it's a soft start today. If we have progress, great. If not, no big deal. Tomorrow is when we actually start.

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Out of respect for the two remaining members who have not checked in, I won't post a number or try to grab a team yet. But I will do that in around 40 minutes if they haven't.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I appreciate that and wouldn't have it any other way.

We don't play for money but a lot of us have been playing this for quite a few years and I always let first choice go to the returners. I think between that and the time sunk into the draft helps keep the league active

I'm hoping that "simplifying" the scoring this season makes it a bit easier to get its hands around. I'm still not terribly happy with DST and K scoring but we'll see how it goes- if it feels like the right things are being measured. I want kickers to be a mix of opportunity and skill with the latter meaning more (a 19+29 yard FG are worth as many points as 1 50 yard FG).

I want defense to, well, be a function of how good a defense is. There were some options about yardage for team defense and I may use that next season. I think I may even cut the return game out of things and just measure the defense. I've always thought it weird that D/ST get lumped in together in fantasy.

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #36
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, it appears that those two spots are now open. So I will submit my info here.

Chief's Savages--Chief Rum--9

I will PM SI my email address to join the league.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #37
Subby
lolzcat

Team Name: Housewives on Acid

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Won't be able to participate this year fellas, good luck to everyone!
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #39
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Won't be able to participate this year fellas, good luck to everyone!

Sad to see you go. Thanks for playing last year

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #40
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Top post has been updated with all team info. I need an email address from Chief Rum and already sent an invite in Yahoo to Subby. Draft order will be posted shortly.

Returning folks: please make sure to go over the rule changes- they aren't too major but there are more than we've had in the last couple of seasons.

New folks: two things. First, the rules are different than most leagues you play in. There's an emphasis on positional scarcity. You won't be able to just pick up a good QB off the WW so the draft is hugely important. Secondly, the draft is pretty rigorous: you'll need to be able to check it multiple times per day for the next couple of weeks. If you can't or aren't comfortable with giving someone a list each morning/afternoon, don't join.

All that said, welcome aboard, all. Draft order will be posted shortly with some reminders (PM the next person up, Yahoo doesn't remove searchable names, etc) and then we're under way. Ideally, about a week and a half for the draft this season. Much more than that and it's going to get complicated, timing-wise.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-21-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #41
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Draft order is posted in post 1 (and here). Please take a couple of minutes to read the reminders, too.

Draft Order
1. Rafalicous D - Rafini, 2
2. Houston Hippopotami - sterlingice, 6
3. Dayton Dynamo - Butter_of_69, 5
4. Roadkill Cafe - Danny, 8
5. Chief's Savages -Chief Rum, 9
6. Scoobz0202 - Scoobz0202, 3
7. Housewives on Acid - Subby, 4
8. Tasty Punts Too - Julio Riddols, 10
9. Royal Apes - TRO, 1
10. Eleven Masked Men - Masked, 7

Reminders:
1. If you could post your picks in a format like this "1.1 QB Warren Moon, HOU", it would be greatly appreciated. The bold helps it stand out from the random other chatter. Also, the position and team name make it easier for me to enter it into and find the right player. There are two WR Steve Smiths still in the league, for instance, and this helps out with putting the right names into Yahoo.
2. PM the person after you! This is extremely important this season with the quick schedule. Personally, I don't have thread subscriptions turned on so I don't see every time someone posts in the thread, but I do get an email every time I get a PM so that is helpful.
3. Yes, I'm the commish but I always am thankful for help. I'll be able to check multiple times per day but I won't be on every hour on the hour. If it's been more than the allotted time (2 hours this week, 1 hour next week), make the pick so the next person can go. It's nothing personal, we're not being mean, but we need to keep it moving. If someone posts in the thread "I'm here", be nice and let them make the pick (within reason- I mean if the posted it like 3 hours ago, well, you know...). But if you're late with the pick and you post "I'm here", make the pick in the next few minutes.
4. We've never had issues with table talk in my 2 leagues during the draft: it's meant to be a nice, friendly league and we all have access to the same information. So if I say "You know, I had a hard time deciding between Morten Anderson and Tony Zendejas but I went with Morten", don't get mad because Zendejas was your big sleeper and he gets picked right before you: if he was that big of a sleeper, you should have picked him last round. Heck, use table talk to your advantage: maybe I really don't like Zendejas and want someone else to pick him because I'm really hoping Chip Lohmiller falls to me. Just don't be an ass and it's up to my discretion who's being an ass. This is meant to be a nice, friendly league.
5. We're using Yahoo for the draft and I'll try to keep that up to date as often as I can. I'll also try to keep up with the draft in post #5. However, there's a quirk in Yahoo with regards to players remaining in the pool. If you go to the "Players" tab in Yahoo, it will take the drafted players out of the pool and you'll only see who is left. However, if you search on a name- it will give you all players with that name, available or not. So, if Warren Moon was picked 1.1 and I'm at 1.2, I won't see him in the available players. However, if I search on "Moon", he will show up even tho he's been picked.

The soft draft is live. Rafini is sortof on the clock ("sortof" because no clock until tomorrow)

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #42
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Top post has been updated with all team info. I need an email address from Chief Rum and already sent an invite in Yahoo to Subby. Draft order will be posted shortly.

SI

Hey, SI, you got my PM right?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #43
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hey, SI, you got my PM right?

Yeah, just responded- juggling a couple of things at lunch here at work

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
rafini
High School JV

Let's get things going. With the first overall pick of the 2012 draft, Rafalicious D selects ...

1.1 QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #45
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Rodgers is a total no brainer 1.1 in this league. I wish I was picking in the 5-7 range this season. In this league, there are 3 QBs, 3 RBs, and a WR that I would be perfectly happy to have in round 1 and then I'd have a lot better pick in round 2 than I'll be getting. I'm really not feeling the (near) bookend pick because of the balanced nature of just wanting to pick the best available on the board.

1.2 QB Drew Brees, NO

1st in points last year, 13th 2 years ago, and probably somewhere in the top 25 each of his years in New Orleans. In this league, I draft for floor. I have a slight concern that the bounty scandal will spill over to the offense but other than that, I have him both in this league and the FOFC Keeper league, the other football league I play in.

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #46
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

For the record, I had a really similar writeup all done for Brady and then compared their numbers and went with Brees instead. I wanted to have a different QB than I did in the keeper league but he just has an edge over Brady and having owned Brady before, I don't like having to make decisions for December starts based on Boston weather

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #47
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Brees has led me to two separate championships in two seasons separated by a year. Very consistently awesome. He's a terrific pick at #2 and I wouldn't have batted an eye if you picked him over Rodgers, given the chance.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
For the record, I had a really similar writeup all done for Brady and then compared their numbers and went with Brees instead. I wanted to have a different QB than I did in the keeper league but he just has an edge over Brady and having owned Brady before, I don't like having to make decisions for December starts based on Boston weather

SI

Brady is also terrific, of course, but, yes, Brees is a relative no-brainer, IMO.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #49
Butter
Coordinator

1.3 QB Tom Brady, NE

Can't pass up the star QB here, as I feel like I can get better RB value later than I can for QB... just don't blow out your knee, man. Please.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #50
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Brady is also terrific, of course, but, yes, Brees is a relative no-brainer, IMO.

In the past, I've thought the path to the title in this league led through an elite QB or a pair of very strong ones. This year, I think there are a few sleeper QBs and enough q's at RB and enough strong WRs that you could go RB/WR/QB/RB/WR/QB, for instance, and win this league. The top 3 RBs have a level of consistency rarely seen at RB and there's a benefit to paying that premium where those of us looking among the Shonn Greenes, Frank Gores, and Ahmad Bradshaws of the world for our RB2 will be in a world of hurt. It hasn't always been that way.

(Brady/Brees and Forte/Murray/Matthews) or (Rice/Foster/McCoy and Eli/Ryan)? I think I'd prefer that second pairing.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-21-2012 at 01:45 PM.