Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Madden 2004: FOF in Hi-Res

...maybe. According to this article from EBgames.com, Madden 2004 for the PC will have a lot of new options that sound like the FOF type options....

Link:

http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/pr...p?pf_id=234588

The list of goodies:

In its 14th season, Madden NFL Football remains the undisputed leader in authentic NFL football simulation. This year, make adjustments after the snap and create championship caliber plays with revolutionary Playmaker Control. No other football video game offers you more in-depth features like free online gameplay, new Quick Match play, League play, tournaments, and more career stats. The new Owner mode lets you control every aspect of your team, from designing a new stadium to setting ticket prices. Madden NFL 2004 is the most complete, authentic sports video game ever, making it The Ultimate Judge for sports gamers.

New Playmaker Control - Make pre-snap adjustments to your receiver routes, direct receiver routes during a scramble, direct blocking down field during a run, read and react to the offense to deliver a crushing tackle, or snatch the ball out of the air for an interception.

Enhanced EA SPORTS Online - Create and join online leagues and tournaments. Track stats and league leaders for each tournament or use the EA SPORTS online messaging system to quickly find your friends on all EA SPORTS online titles.

New Owner Mode - Hire your own staff and build your own stadium with millions of possible combinations including various luxury boxes, scoreboards, tunnel entrances, and premium seating locations. Boost player attributes by participating in the all-new Training Camp mode.

Custom Play Editor - Design your own plays from scratch or take existing plays and change them to fit your offensive and defensive strategies. Try your new plays in-game using your Custom Playbook.

All-New Game Presentation - Now you will never leave the playing field. Keep your players on the field during the play-calling screen. Watch all the highlights in split-screen replay and revel in new player accuracy details like dreadlocks, tattoo replicas, and four new helmet styles.

Most Realistic NFL Playbooks Ever! - The deepest NFL playbooks from all 32 officially licensed Coaches Club Head Coaches and NFLCA licensed Assistant Coaches.

New Specialty Animations and Game Enhancements - Including new QB scramble transitions to improve throwing on the run, stumbles, bone-crushing open field blocks, whirlwind defensive reaction moves, sideline wrap tackles, and out of bound pushes. Change your personnel at the play-calling screen to create match-ups in your favor in any offensive formation.

EA SPORTS Trax Jukebox - Select menu music from a list of over 15 cutting-edge rock bands and hot new hip-hop artists or import your own songs and create a custom playlist.

Has EA finally implemented the FOF system of a good financial & management model, player stats, and more.... Iguess we will see.............

vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:13 PM   #2
The_herd
College Starter

Don't even compare it FOF. Madden has had, and always will have a cheesy career mode when compared to FOF. I usually feel dumber for having played its career mode.

They say every year that it has been "enhanced", and that its better than ever. But in the end, its the same let down every year.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
Anthony
Banned

well, as far as consle gamees go it's the best there is. it's not meant to be a football sim in regards to the front office, but for what it has there is no competition.

wondering how you can import your own songs though, PS2 doesn't have a HD.

at least i have a reason to pickup a network adaptor. EA Sports has a ton of online sports games coming out - and i'm more of a monster on a ps2 controller than i am on an XBOX controller. those controllers weren't meant for sports games.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:34 PM   #4
astralhaze
College Prospect

I don't know what XBox controllers are meant for. Those things are hell.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:39 PM   #5
Anthony
Banned

and i'm even talking about the smaller S controller. i have 3 controllers, one being the S, since it's my place i get the S and my other friends get the big blocks of plastic. i don't know how they do it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #6
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by The_herd
Don't even compare it FOF. Madden has had, and always will have a cheesy career mode when compared to FOF. I usually feel dumber for having played its career mode.

They say every year that it has been "enhanced", and that its better than ever. But in the end, its the same let down every year.

I'm a Madden homer but if you compare last year's Madden to the older versions, they really have improved franchise/career options. Once Madden reaches the GM depth offered in FOF, I'm never buying FOF or any text-based football sim ever again.

Last edited by AgPete : 04-28-2003 at 08:43 PM.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #7
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by AgPete
I'm a Madden homer but if you compare last year's Madden to the older versions, they really have improved franchise/career options. Once Madden reaches the GM depth offered in FOF, I'm never buying FOF or any text-based football sim ever again.

Agreed. My big debate will be whether to get it for the x-box or pc. I like being able to draft players from NCAA on the x-box, but there seems to be several features on the pc (coach mode with accelerated clock for one) that would be more inline with the way I play.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM   #8
MikeVic
Head Coach

free online play?!?! Everyone on this board HAS to get this game!! Think of the franchises!!!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:53 PM   #9
McSweeny
College Starter

whoa! a vulcan sighting!
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:45 PM   #10
korme
Go Reds

IS IT TRUE? Damn, McSweeny beat me to it! But no one noticed that THE VULCAN has returned. I even emailed the guy a month ago, but I thought he got lost in the board movement.

Howdy vulcan!!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:59 PM   #11
tucker342
Pro Starter

:mouth watering:
I'm excited for this years version.

I love the XBox controllers, the PS2 ones are too small. XBox controllers are perfect for me.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:05 PM   #12
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

The Create a stadium feature is probably gonna be verry cheesy though ....probably gonna be 5-6 options deep and thats it ....with the stadium looking bland and very generic ....just like NCAA FOOTBALL 2003's create a stadium mode .
Old 04-28-2003, 11:09 PM   #13
RawIsDan
High School JV

I'll stick to the PC version even though we seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to the options. Seems they want us all to be sheep and buy consoles. Never !! PC uber Consoles !!
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:11 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

:drool:

Quote:
Once Madden reaches the GM depth offered in FOF, I'm never buying FOF or any text-based football sim ever again.

Bravo!

Could we actually be getting closer to FPS Football - Hi Res?

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope all of these are in the PS2 version too.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:08 AM   #16
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

It doesnt have create a league mode or an almanac or HOF so Im not convinced ....maybe in 10 years .
Old 04-29-2003, 08:40 AM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
I hope all of these are in the PS2 version too.

Don't worry, the ps2 is head of the class for EA's games. Sega is taking more of a hard line role with Sony, supporting Xbox over the ps2.

EA sells more games for the ps2 than any other sytem, hands down. In fact, I believe online play is only on the ps2 this year.

Todd
Old 04-29-2003, 08:59 AM   #18
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
It doesnt have create a league mode

Neither does FOF4...maybe in 10 years?
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:05 AM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
Sega is taking more of a hard line role with Sony, supporting Xbox over the ps2.
Todd

I believe it is things like this that are really killing Sega Sports titles saleswise. They may not like Sony for helping to push them out of the console business, but you have to swallow your pride and realize that the PS2 is where you can make the most money.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I believe it is things like this that are really killing Sega Sports titles saleswise. They may not like Sony for helping to push them out of the console business, but you have to swallow your pride and realize that the PS2 is where you can make the most money.

Agreed. When you see EA doing things like they did with the NFL draft on ESPN who is licensed with Sega's games, you have to wonder if Sega isn't headed out the door.

Is EA too big of a sports gaming company? Can ANYONE ever compete with them?

Todd
Old 04-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's the slightly different info for PS2:

In its 14th season, Madden NFL Football remains the undisputed leader in authentic NFL football simulation. This year, make adjustments after the snap and create championship caliber plays with revolutionary Player Control. Featuring new EA SPORTS Talk, online tournaments, and new Owner mode, no other football video game offers more depth. Madden NFL 2004 is the most complete, authentic sports video game ever, making it The Ultimate Judge for sports gamers.

Madden NFL 2004 is the most complete, deep, and authentic sports video game ever made, making it the ultimate competitive judge for gamers!

* New Playmaker Control -
Make pre-snap adjustments to your receiver routes, direct receiver routes during a scramble, direct blocking down field during a run, or read and react to the offense to deliver a crushing tackle.

* Enhanced EA SPORTS Online -
Connect with opponents close to your skill level using Quick Match, or access EA SPORTS Online messaging to communicate with your buddies in all EA SPORTS PlayStation2 online games. New EA SPORTS Fair Play ranking system eliminates online cheating and only rewards players who complete full games. Compete in the all-new Online Tournament mode and chat in-game with EA SPORTS Talk.

* New Owner Mode -
Hire your own staff, set your team’s ticket and concession prices, and more. Build your own stadium with millions of possible stadium combinations including various luxury boxes, scoreboards, tunnel entrances, and premium seating locations. Reward key players with signing bonuses and boost player attributes by participating in Mini-Camp drills.

* All-New Game Presentation -
Now you will never leave the playing field. Keep your players on the field during the play-calling screen. Watch all the highlights in split-screen replay and revel in new player accuracy details like dreadlocks, tattoo replicas, and four new helmet styles.

* Most Realistic NFL Playbooks Ever! -
Tons of new trick plays, multiple formation variations, and the deepest NFL playbooks from all 32 officially licensed Coaches Club Head Coaches and NFLCA licensed Assistant Coaches.

* New Specialty Animations and Game Enhancements -
Including new QB scramble transitions to improve throwing on the run, stumbles, bone-crushing open field blocks, whirlwind defensive reaction moves, sideline wrap tackles, and out of bound pushes. Change your personnel at the play-calling screen to create match-ups in your favor in any offensive formation.

* New Video Tutorials -
Presented by Al Michaels and Melissa Stark, these tutorials make the game even more friendly to new gamers. Both basic and advanced topics are covered.

* New Madden Moments and EA SPORTS Bio -
Re-live or change the outcome of the greatest NFL games of all-time. Track your most memorable accomplishments across all EA SPORTS games, and unlock special rewards by playing multiple titles including NCAA Football 2004, NBA Live 2004, NASCAR Thunder 2004, and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:10 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Assistant coaches, set ticket and concession prices, millions of configurations for your new stadium, signing bonuses, tracking of accomplishments across all EA sports titles...

Come on, August!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Assistant coaches, set ticket and concession prices, millions of configurations for your new stadium, signing bonuses, tracking of accomplishments across all EA sports titles...

Come on, August!

After reading this to my wife she says, "Guess you're going to have to move the ps2 back into the bedroom?"

Does she forget I bought the Sony Wega TV FOR the ps2?

Todd
Old 04-29-2003, 02:04 PM   #24
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:

* New Madden Moments and EA SPORTS Bio -
Re-live or change the outcome of the greatest NFL games of all-time.
[/b]

So this isn't in the current PS2 version? I only play the PC version. I hope that goes into the PC game. Death to the 70's Steelers! "And Jackie Smith catches the ball!"
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #25
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I might get the PC version this year if it envolves the accelerated clock!

Todd