Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
HornsManiac

Thumbs up Be a man!

I wish I could take credit for writing this, but I can't. Still, it is definitely worth sharing and everyone could benefit from reading this. I have tried to explain it to some of our fellow men who have recently struck out with the ladies and haven't had much luck, so maybe he can do better. Besides, this should start a good debate thread for you guys to read and post in between draft picks.

HornsManiac
================================

Be a Man!

There is a prize to the person who correctly answers this question, What is a Man? When asked what they want in a guy, women say simply, "A MAN!" But, alas!, real men are becoming more and more rare these days. Women are tired of the sensitive wimps who have no backbones. One women even wrote a song about the subject, "Where have all the cowboys gone?"

So what is a Man? How should he act? Decades and centuries ago, the question was nonsense. But today in our feminized culture (this may be more in America than in other countries), most of us have been raised to believe that there is something inherently wrong with being a man and acting the way a man should act. No wonder males don't know how to act around women!

Indeed, I embarked on this mystery to find out the answer to this question. Several women were bunched up in a group, gossiping and yapping about cute boys, fashion, relationships i.e. nothing. This behavior extends to all women of all cultures (and also different animal species. Cows group together and moo and gnaw on grass and take notice of bulls brave enough to approach the group).

I approach. "How are you, ladies!! I am the Pook."

A woman squeals. "Oh! It's a Pook!" The others squeal in unison.

Once the ladies calm themselves after being in the presence of a Pook, I ask them, "Ladies! Do tell me, what do you define as a Man?"

With devilish tongues, the women answer:

"A Man is someone sensative to me."

"A Man is the guy who will take care of my needs."

"A Man is the one that is in tune with my feelings."

"A Man is one who doesn't have an ego."

"A Man is the guy who will sit and watch chick flicks all day with me."

"A Man is the guy who will go shopping with me."

"A Man is the guy who will share all his feelings with me."

Such are the common answers! The males listen and actualize what the women say. They are constantly declared 'sweet' and 'wonderful' and 'nice', oh 'so nice'. Mothers and older women are proud of them and tell them, "If I were younger, I would go for you!"

Poor Nice Guy! The women his own age avoid him like the plague and jump for the jerks. The Nice Guy becomes an emotional tampon to be used and discarded. The Nice Guy, being so nice and sweet, listens to the woman vomit her feelings about men and bleed her problems of her boyfriend on him. He listens with baited hope when he hears, "Oh, why can't guys be like you! You listen and understand." Then she turns around and gets abused by another jerk! The vicious cycle repeats again and again.

Why are women acting in this way?

They are simply acting as women do, as in their nature. The problem is not with them, it is with guys. We are afraid to embrace OUR nature, that of being a Man. Being in a culture that sees Manhood as predatory and oppressive and uncouth, we cover it up within ourselves. By doing so, we hide our sexuality. (Sexuality! Do I mean rock hard abs and rippling muscles? That is not what women find sexy [it's a contributing factor, not the core]. A type of PERSONALITY is what women are looking for. Someone they can depend on [has backbone], someone who will be successful [has ambition], and someone who is decisive [has charge]. Nice guys have no backbone because they think women are frail things that will break in confrontation; nice guys reveal no ambition because they fear being seen as arrogant to women; nice guys are afraid to be decisive for fear of being seen as 'oppressive'.)

Two poles of thought men drift into: the Nice Guy and the Jerk. Both blame the other.

"You ruin the women with your lack of commitment and unappreciative nature," says the Nice Guy.

"You spoil the women with your endless listening ear and stupid caring attitude," replies the Jerk.

The two endlessly war. Those on the sidelines have their own conclusions. One side says, "The Jerk is the way to go. Ceaseless sex! Evolution demands it." The other side says, "The Nice Guy is the way to go. Glorious relationship! Society demands it."

But the two still argue.

"You cause the women to think they are in control," says the Jerk.

"Ahh, but you cause the women to think all men are scum," replies the Nice Guy.

Is there not an end to the Nice Guy vs. Jerk debate? Are these the only choices?

The Cycle

The Nice Guy emerges. He is tenderized and wants to shout in every woman's ear "I will not abuse you. I am sweet and good. Based on that alone you should date me." When the Nice Guy talks to the girl on a date, *poof*, the date turns into Oprah. "Oh, my life has been SO downhill from here," the Nice Guy whines. "My little girly car was slashed, I failed my classes, but because of you this day has been so much better." Then the Nice Guy goes, "Let me tell you my life story. My birth was long, hard, and painful for my mother..." Our culture has become so feminized that the Nice Guy thinks it is proper to vomit his feelings and emotions all over the place. (It's gross!) Women, rightfully, run for the hills when they hear your declarations of love.

The Metamorphosis comes. The Nice Guy eventually realizes what all the ladies want, becomes bitter, and changes himself into a Jerk. His goal now is to sleep with as many women as possible and figure out all the tricks and tactics to do so. He focuses on calculation rather then natural joy. When a woman comes, he pulls out a chart of all the 'moves' and 'tactics' with arrows and patterns. He unleashes his lap top, accesses a Lay Guide, and reviews his strategy. Time passes and once was fun becomes meaningless.

Back to being nice. He sees it now as turning on Nice Guy or turning on Jerk. "Why can't I just be myself!?" he soon thunders at Reality.

Just be a Man! There is no need to reprogram yourself. You will have the interests you have, the hobbies you have, the body you have, but you can easily become a MAN. It is all simply in the way you think and as you think you shall become. But what is Man? Shall we have the answer? Here it is:

A Man is a guy who is not scared of his testosterone!

A Man follows the passion in his life. Passion of women? Of course not. A Man has goals and desires that goes above that of chasing chicks. After childhood, there are TRUE winners and losers in life. A Man desires to be the winner. A Man WANTS to win in what he does. Because of his passion, a Man can sometimes come off as arrogant and egotistical. He does not apologize for this or for his desires.

"It is your actions that cause the disgrace of Men," says the Nice Guy.

"It is yours," replies the Jerk.

No, gentlemen, the disgrace of men is in not embracing your true nature: following your passion and, thus, loving life. Women are to enhance your life, not to be your life. So to the Nice Guy, stop placing your happiness on getting a girlfriend. To the Jerk, quit wasting your life on seduction. Don't SPEND your time chasing girls, INVEST it by putting it into your interests and desires, thus the whole of your life.

When you do this, all of a sudden you have what every woman wants: Ambition, charge, decisiveness, backbone, kindness, stableness, and confidence.

I want you to read what a women posted as what SHE thought was a great guy. (Focus on what I put in BOLD)

quote:
"Qualifications" of a great guy"

1)Physical

A bit athletic so he's in shape and a good complexion (If he can help it). Very focused, intelligent eyes which pay attention to whoever deserves it. Hair that can be tossled...and a relaxed, but tidy wardrobe.

2)Emotional

His attitude has gotta be mostly deterministic and level-headed. If crappy stuff happens to him...he should roll with the punches and learn from it. If he ends up doing crappy stuff then he should get up, brush off and be a better guy the next time round.

-He must also have deep convictions: he should NEVER give up his ideals or morals for anything.

-I know it sounds cheezy, but he must be respectful to his mother(it reflects character)...even if she is witchy like some moms these days.

-And of course:sense of humor, artistic, and an awesome boyfriend.

3)Social

A great guy is the one who offers the girls a chair, opens doors etc.(But isn't a total flirt--he just considers it his duty.)

-A guy should clean up his language around girls.

-He should stand up for people who are being bashed in conversations. That's important to us girls b/c back-stabbing is common among us--and we REALLY notice when somebody isn't a gossip.

-Aaaand my personal thing is that he should be the guy who "could" be the center of attention...but he prefers to hang out with the few guys in the back who are his genuine friends.

Phew...I hope this helped a bit. Physique: as long as it's within the usual bounds is pretty much unimportant.

If you want to get a really great girl...start working on your character and self-control--(not b/c it's you, but b/c those two things are REALLY uncommon these days)--because a great girl is one who's been working on that already and she'll recognize it in you.

A Man has character and deep convictions. He has PASSION in life about something. It is this passion that transforms his life, gives him confidence, and gives him joy. It is this PASSION that will give you that right mindset for you have goals and dreams that go beyond chicks.

Remember, if you cannot command respect, you cannot attract love. If you cannot be respected, women will ignore you and/or abuse you.

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who was scrawny, cried easily, and was a total wuss. At the age of ten, his father looked down at him disapprovingly. "You are such a wimp!" he scolded at his son. The boy cried but eventually discovered what was wrong with him. He worked out, studied, and utilized himself. He went around the world in the most ferocious quests. He became strong and powerful. He entered politics and became an unstoppable force. He would be shot when giving a speech, but he would pull himself back up to continue the speech!

He was President Teddy Roosevelt, one of the more significant characters in America. If that little wimpy boy could become such a character, anyone can be a Man.

What do guys today do? We try to hide our strength and express our 'femininity'. Take an example of guys: early on in a relationship, they will show how 'great' they are by cooking for the woman!

As Anti-Dump said:

quote:
Real men are not available. They are climbing mountains. They are swimming across rivers. What are YOU doing? Making spaghetti?!?!?!

A Man,

-Does not go through life walking on eggshells.

Nice Guys think, "Does she like me? How do I get her to like me?" Good guys think, "Should I like her? Should I go for her?" The Good guy doesn't think about the girl's interest until they're dating. The Good guy looks at all the girls and TAKES what he wants.

-Focuses on his dreams.

No, this does not include the chick. You must have passion for something in life, something you even want to do for the rest of your life. Your romantic life is an echo of your regular life.

-Does not apologize for his testosterone, for his desires.

"Oh, I am so sorry, ladies! I am afflicted with this disease known as M.A.L.E. It is natural for me to glance at you, your oh so curvaceous body. I am soooo sorry. Please, please FORGIVE ME!"

Would a WOMAN apologize for her feminine acts? So why should YOU apologize for your masculinity?

-Tries to always win in what he does. (After childhood, there are real winners and losers in life.)

Men build towers; women build webs. If you aren't constructing your tower or aren't even planning it, why should she cast her web at you? If you want worthy chicks, you, yourself, must strive to become worthy.

-Has deep convictions that allows him to be a possible leader.

This is crucial because one day you will become the leader of your own household. Yes, we talk of 50/50, of everything being equal, but Nature's laws surpass that of Humans. Women naturally submit and nurture, Men naturally lead and provide.

If you were a woman, would YOU want a Nice Guy in charge of your household? Or would you want A MAN?

-Seeks to solve problems then to place blame.

If there is a problem, you solve it. You do not go, "Oh, BOO HOO! This was because of HIM." A woman naturally wants a guy who deals with problems, not pass them along. (Would you want that in your woman? Of course not!)

-Sees failure as only a temporary set-back to the inevitable.

Statistically, you're more likely to be REJECTED then to be ACCEPTED. So how do you become more and more accepted and have lots of girls? It is when you increase your trying so much that the acception rate satisfies you and you don't notice the rejections.

Napoleon Hill's book interviewing extremely successful people, these men of destiny did not let failure destroy them. Indeed, Napoleon concludes that Destiny puts out these trials and failures to TEST the men if they are proper and FIT for their role in shaping history.

-Knows where he is going in Life.

True seduction isn't calculation or painful discipline, it is the same as with everything that makes a success: A Passion for Life.

-Never loses his passion, for that would be the death of his soul.

Nice Guys HATE bachelorhood. They HATE, HATE, HATE it sooo much. Some even wish for the old days of arranged marriages so they wouldn't have to put up with all the games.

Jerks LOVE bachelorhood so much they can't see anything else in life. While women love guys that can get women, jerks offer nothing worthwile long term wise.

Alas, the women always try to change the Jerk but never the Nice Guy. Why? Because a Man is STRENGTH and a Jerk displays strength on some level. Nice Guys never do.

-Never feels he has to prove himself to anyone.

Flowers, candy, poetry all can be good additions to a relationship, but so many nice guys use them to BUY the relationship as if they must prove themselves. They flood with the poor woman with gifts to show they mean it.

So away with the flowers, those dead plants as tokens of affection. Away with the chocolate, the candy, and sweets, those sugary pursuits to purchase love. Away with the poety, those rotten verses of declarations of love. Away with the quest to prove YOURSELF and let her prove HERSELF to you for YOU are the Don Juan.

Be a Man! And with it, you will advance in your career, your social life, and even your dealings with women. Men are very rare these days so if you become one, you will be in HIGH demand. Your career will become better as people look at you as a leader. Life will re-develop before your eyes for you will obtain the most single quality that men, not trophy husbands, not nice guys, not tactiful players, but men have a monopoly on: Respect.

YOU are the MAN! For if you don't STAND for something, you shall FALL for everything!

POOK

Old 04-26-2003, 05:18 AM   #2
astralhaze
College Prospect

Kirby Puckett
Old 04-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Hammer755
High School Varsity

HornsManiac

Old 04-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

COLOSSAL SQUID
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:39 PM   #5
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

this is just getting stupid.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:06 PM   #6
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

hot water burn baby
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #7
MJ4H
Coordinator

This is the dumbest crap Ive ever read. Honestly.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 09:42 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

What is a man?

A man is cocky AND funny, other than that, I'm not sure.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 09:50 PM   #9
Calis
College Starter

that and a pair of testicles.

I apologize, had to throw a Big Lebowski quote in there.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 09:53 PM   #10
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Another thing that the great horns throws to the masses to wow us...
Old 04-26-2003, 10:03 PM   #11
mckerney
Coordinator

You know The Afoci, this Horsmaniac fellow reminds me a lot of Hornsmaniac_2....

Hornsmaniac_2 couldn't be based on Hornsmaniac, could he?
Old 04-26-2003, 10:08 PM   #12
tucker342
Pro Starter

Cam, we agree on something, NO WAY!

lame, lame, lame, lame, lame
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 10:15 PM   #13
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis
that and a pair of testicles.

I apologize, had to throw a Big Lebowski quote in there.

It's alright, The Dude abides.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:17 PM   #14
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
You know The Afoci, this Horsmaniac fellow reminds me a lot of Hornsmaniac_2....

Hornsmaniac_2 couldn't be based on Hornsmaniac, could he?

I never thought anyone would have guessed it...tell me what gave it away? I would really like to know.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:33 PM   #15
mckerney
Coordinator

I really don't know what it was. For some reason when I was reading that I was somehow reminded of the line, "I'm a soccer player, but I'm more interested in how you play with balls." Then it hit me, this guy seems a lot like Hornsmaniac_2.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:05 AM   #16
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards

Agreed.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:37 AM   #17
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

And isn't it beautiful when you discover the source of such wisdom?
The Don Juan Discussion Forums - Be A Man!
The Don Juan Discussion Forums

The Don Juan Discussion Forums. I didn't think my balls could literally fall off from laughing, but I'm in the process of reconsidering. Don Juan. Jebus Christmas.

Last edited by NoMyths : 04-27-2003 at 04:39 AM.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:29 AM   #18
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMyths

The Don Juan Discussion Forums. I didn't think my balls could literally fall off from laughing, but I'm in the process of reconsidering. Don Juan. Jebus Christmas.

No Myths,

Thanks for the link. That is too funny.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:36 AM   #19
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

No way am I reading through all of that crap.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #20
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

NoMyths, thanks for finding out where this trite piece of crap came from. Not only is it disheartening to see stuff like this pollute our fair board, it's downright sad to see all the Don Juanabees eat this stuff up.

(edited to remove half a page of mindless ranting).

Anyway, can I offer the suggestion that the next time there's any relationship talk from HM, we form a posse to drive down to Austin and give him a nice manly atomic wedgie? ")
Old 04-27-2003, 11:13 AM   #21
mckerney
Coordinator

Wha? A posse to dish out of vigilante justice? I am so there.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #22
Blackadar
Retired

asshat
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 12:25 PM   #23
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

who the heck is Don Juan?
Old 04-27-2003, 01:49 PM   #24
HornsManiac

Quote:

LOL Don't you feel special for tracking down something that was never trying to hide. It is not like I was taking credit for writing it or anything. Pat yourself on the back Sherlock Holmes.

HornsManiac
Old 04-27-2003, 02:10 PM   #25
astralhaze
College Prospect

Assclown
Old 04-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #26
tucker342
Pro Starter

hahahahaha, that is a really funny forum
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:39 PM   #27
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by HornsManiac
LOL Don't you feel special for tracking down something that was never trying to hide. It is not like I was taking credit for writing it or anything. Pat yourself on the back Sherlock Holmes.

HornsManiac

You also didn't really go out of your way to tell us where you found this, Don Juan.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:04 PM   #28
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Nor did Dong Wan cop to it when I first indicated that his "wisdom" came from other sources.

Guess the whole forum was meant to be the singular "muse" to which he referred. A "friend" that taught him how to bone chicks, indeed. Wonder if he's still going to stick by that story. Considering the other lies he's stuck to in the past, I suppose he'll try.

HM, go away. If this most recent blow to your credibility isn't enough to convince you that you aren't wanted here, I'm sure another opportunity will come along soon enough.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:06 PM   #29
astralhaze
College Prospect

^ Cocky and funny.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #30
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I just want to know what name Horns posts under at the sosuave.com.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #31
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Probably "Kevin from Dell."
Old 04-27-2003, 05:22 PM   #32
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

HornsManiac

Yep. It was about as tough as finding out you were cheating in OOTP. Asshat.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:25 PM   #33
HornsManiac

Quote:
Nor did Dong Wan cop to it when I first indicated that his "wisdom" came from other sources.

Guess the whole forum was meant to be the singular "muse" to which he referred. A "friend" that taught him how to bone chicks, indeed. Wonder if he's still going to stick by that story. Considering the other lies he's stuck to in the past, I suppose he'll try.

HM, go away. If this most recent blow to your credibility isn't enough to convince you that you aren't wanted here, I'm sure another opportunity will come along soon enough.

No, you INSISTED it came from Ross Jeffries or another one of his NLP or Speed Seduction "deciples." The article about being a MAN doesn't mention NLP, does it?

I have only known about the sosuave site for around six months, but I have been married for years. I agree with some of the stuff they teach and disagree with some other things. I agree that men should not be sensitive "girlfriend" like men and that showing testosterone is important. ROTFLMAO I guess a career ART student would have a hard time relating though, huh?

The post was never intended to tell people where to go and get information, so mentioning exactly where it came from was not necessary. The fact the story came from a post on a message board was obvious and if someone had wanted to know how to get more info like that I would have told them via PM. Obviously, the owners of that forum would rather not have 50 virgin computer nerds posting there.

Leaving takes all of the fun away, so that is not an option. This is not any "blow" to my credibility, because this is the INTERNET and reputations and credibility are only for weak people like yourself who value cyber respect, friendships, and relationships with others. I have no conscience or feelings when it relates to cyber fantasy land, so my credibility and/or reputation means NOTHING to me. You should have figured that out by now, but I guess some people are slow learners. The higher your blood pressure gets the more entertained I am.

NoMyths, please don't go away. The last week or two have been among the best memories I have here and I can credit a large portion of my happiness to you.

HornsManiac
Old 04-27-2003, 05:30 PM   #34
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
The higher your blood pressure gets the more entertained I am.

SkyDog, isn't this essentially admitting he's only here to troll? At least taken in the context of the rest of the paragraph which seems to imply he has no other reason to come here:
Quote:
This is not any "blow" to my credibility, because this is the INTERNET and reputations and credibility are only for weak people like yourself who value cyber respect, friendships, and relationships with others. I have no conscience or feelings when it relates to cyber fantasy land, so my credibility and/or reputation means NOTHING to me. You should have figured that out by now, but I guess some people are slow learners. The higher your blood pressure gets the more entertained I am.

Last edited by Daimyo : 04-27-2003 at 05:34 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #35
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

this is the INTERNET and reputations and credibility are only for weak people like yourself who value cyber respect, friendships, and relationships with others.
HornsManiac

yet you post something from a site called www.sosuave.com and expect single guys to take it as a credible source for picking up women.

BTW, the very fact that a "happily married man" like yourself still finds it necessary to pick up women on the internet and search for help via places like the Don Juan Forum speaks volumes about what type of men actually utilize advice like that.

And you never did tell us what your screen name is over there.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:10 PM   #36
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

I don't get it, wignifty is banned, but HM isn't.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #37
sabotai
General Manager

"I don't get it, wignifty is banned, but HM isn't."

Boggles the mind...
Old 04-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #38
MJ4H
Coordinator

hi what website do i go to to find out how to be a man again?

this is just incredible.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 11:13 PM   #39
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by Daimyo
SkyDog, isn't this essentially admitting he's only here to troll? At least taken in the context of the rest of the paragraph which seems to imply he has no other reason to come here:

LMAO Cute.

I am not here to troll. It seems you have forgotten what a troll is. Certainly some of my posts are a little outside of the norm for this board, but they are legitimate posts with legitimate information that many could find useful. Also, I am capable of attacking other posters and insulting them which to you may appear to be "trolling." However, if you will open your eyes and read the other posts in the thread you will see that I only get nasty when someone has attacked me first. Retaliation for an unprovoked attack is not trolling, which is why I am not banned from here. I am just as calm as a kitty cat until you people start stabbing me in the ribs with your sticks. It is only natural for the stabbing to eventually piss me off and cause me to lash back. Stop poking me with your sticks and I will stop biting your ass. It's really not rocket science.

And if you don't agree with my views on dating and relationships simply don't read the posts. However, if you CHOOSE to read something you already know you will not agree with and then follow it up by posting snide and sarcastic comments aimed at me you can only blame yourself for the consequences of your foolish decisions. Again, no one has a gun to your head demanding you read the latest blurb of HornsManiac's dating advice.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 12:22 AM   #40
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Calm as a kitten, huh?

(Excerpts from "OT - Relationship Problems")
Quote:
Blah blah cocky and funny blah blah
Quote:
They aren't his terms, and as such he has to toe the party line. [...] Anyone who wants the model for HM's "strategy" can find a hundred guys like him at www.seduction.com or at alt.fast.seduction [Note: Turns out the specific website he uses is The Don Juan Discussion Forums]. Had a student do a paper on this junk, which was where I first heard the "cocky & funny" phrase. Some of your stuff, HM, is word-for-word. You should at least give proper credit to your sources.
Quote:
I can assure you that you have not previously seen anything I've written here on any web site. If you think you have then show us some more to things I have copied verbatim from other sites without giving due credit. The ONLY exception is maybe the term C&F, which to my knowledge is not trademarked. Even then, the term did not come from a speed seduction site. If you must know, a friend of mine who is great with women helped me turn my life around way back in the day. He used to use the cocky and funny description of the proper chemistry and that is where I first heard it. Today, the concept has spread so much that everyone uses it to sum up the most important qualities to have when meeting women.[/b]
Quote:
If you're not lying (and I can't imagine you doing so, as it would be unprecedented...right?), I imagine that the same friend who taught you his "skills" studied at the feet of a certain Mr. Jeffries or one of his disciples. Was it Kevin, from Dell? How's his job working out for him, anyway?
Quote:
This doesn't even deserve my response, because it is nothing more than a troll post and attempt to bait me into a conflict with you. However, I will respond to some of it anyway.
I have never used NLP and neither has my muse.
If you want to keep pushing this issue then I challenge you to produce NLP material that I have used verbatim like you claim.
Quote:
[First chance]Oh, I'm certainly content to let the issue lie and let others make their decisions about the foundations of your philosophy. Good luck with your "muse."
Quote:
In other words, you are not willing or able to step up to my challenge and back up your accusations. Fair enough, I understand.
Quote:
[Second chance] Your challenge is a pissing contest in lonely old Iceland, buddy. Good luck charging at any other straw men you care to set up.
Quote:
YOU are the one who made accusations about me. Did you not? All I asked is for you to back up those accusations. You persistently proclaimed me influenced by the knowledge of Jeffries and I told you - nicely - that I wasn't. Still, you insisted on telling me you knew more about my source of knowledge than I knew myself. This is really not rocket science and no matter how you want to spin it there is only one truth. You made false accusations - repeatedly - that you clearly cannot back up. Look, either show this board proof that I am copying someone else's published knowledge or shut up about it and stop accusing me of bullshit that you know nothing about.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:53 AM   #41
sabotai
General Manager

HM,

To think, there was a time when I actually stood up for you...

To claim that the "attacks" are unprovoked is simply dishonest. You know the cock and funny thing is a joke around here and you know that many here consider you to be a joke. Yet you continue to push this nonsense.

You did not start this thread to "help" anyone out, you started this thread in the hopes that some would post here making fun of you so that you can continue this nonsense under the guise that you are being attacked. The other thread ran cold so you started up another one. You started up this thread for the sole purpose of continueing you pointless and pathetic 'grudges' against some of the members on this board

I hope one day SkyDog gives you want you have had coming to you for far too long.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:12 AM   #42
Blackadar
Retired

The forest knows where nothing grows.

Jason Tobias X

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-28-2003 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:32 AM   #43
HornsManiac

No Myths - Were you too lazy to type or what? You have not made any points. You are still making an unfounded accusation so once again I put you on the spot. Tell me again what have I written that was copied verbatim from a website or some dating instructor's learning materials? The article on being a man was copied, but I acknowledged that at the beginning. Tell me what I have posted that was copied from someone else? If you cannot do that then shut up about it and this nonsense will be over.

Quote:
To claim that the "attacks" are unprovoked is simply dishonest. You know the cock and funny thing is a joke around here and you know that many here consider you to be a joke. Yet you continue to push this nonsense.

sabotai - The other thread had quite a few people agreeing with me completely. Did you not read it? At the very end of the other thread I discovered this article and wanted to give another's perspective on trying to avoid being too sensitive, but like you said that thread had ran cold. I figured it was good enough to post again, so I posted it again to get more readers.

Also, the funniest thing is I have not said hardly anything about being cocky and/or funny in a long, long time. Yet, every time I post something people assume it is me telling people to be "cocky and funny."

Contrary to popular belief, I do not enjoy pissing matches here. However, I am not (and should not be) forced to mold myself to fit in with the hand wringing crowd.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 07:38 AM   #44
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:

Hey, you know I graduated from Rice !

So, what ? Do we need to assume you have a brain or that you don't know how to use it ?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:49 AM   #45
couriers

So apparently it is HM turn to get ridiculed around here. Who will be next? It seems that if certain members don't have someone to pick on then they get bored and useless. Pretty soon only a handful of members will have all the lunch money. The way people are treating others around here is starting to become sickening.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:03 AM   #46
Alf
Pro Starter

Hammer755 made the most valid post of this whole thread !
Old 04-28-2003, 12:41 PM   #47
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards

Just getting stupid?

hasn't it been stupid for quite a while?
Old 04-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #48
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

out of all the QotM material in this thread... you choose my one liner??

I'm honored!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:35 PM   #49
sabotai
General Manager

"The other thread had quite a few people agreeing with me completely. Did you not read it?"

No I didn't...

And if by "quite a few" you mean one, then ok, you did.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:38 PM   #50
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
"The other thread had quite a few people agreeing with me completely. Did you not read it?"

No I didn't...

And if by "quite a few" you mean one, then ok, you did.

I think whoever read this is now dumber because of this.