Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

So This Texas Judge

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justic...video-beating/

Probably went a little over the line huh?

I grew up without a father so I never really experienced this level of beating but I know a lot of people talk about getting whooped good. But there's something about the way this guy goes about things that just comes off as sadistic and creepy.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 11-03-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sheesh , more texan pricks. I can recall only being spanked once really. And it didn't even hurt really. This guy was not pulling punches. He was absolutely winding up and hitting as hard as he could. Betcha FOX news will say it wasn't him or some shit. Or else start a campaign to beat your kids more often.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Sheesh , more texan pricks. I can recall only being spanked once really. And it didn't even hurt really. This guy was not pulling punches. He was absolutely winding up and hitting as hard as he could. Betcha FOX news will say it wasn't him or some shit. Or else start a campaign to beat your kids more often.

Well, as ridiculous as Fox News is, the Judge has already come out, said it was him, and that he was out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i guess they're divorced now, but the fact that the mom is helping is some serious stockholm syndrome shit.

'you take your beating like a grown woman!'

quality stuff. i'll be in my misanthroporium if anyone needs me.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That's not what I got from it. He said he didn't think it was a big deal and he was merely disciplining his child. That's a bit MORE than discipline there.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
i guess they're divorced now, but the fact that the mom is helping is some serious stockholm syndrome shit.

'you take your beating like a grown woman!'

quality stuff. i'll be in my misanthroporium if anyone needs me.

yeah I noticed that.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

DO NOT WATCH the beating video if you have kids - it will break your heart in a way you'll never forget.

I, for one, would have no qualms walking up to that monster and choking the life out of him with my bare hands. And then I would smile all the way to the death penalty knowing I did the right thing getting the world rid of that piece of shit.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

There's two things about this too. This was not a one-time incident. It had happened before so much that she set up her webcam to record it as she knew it was coming.

And the mother kept saying later how they have all been beaten by him even her. Although I have less sympathy for the mother who was encouraging him during the scene.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
Flasch186
Coordinator

I was told about it last night and cant imagine the torture and will not watch it. Brutal thinking about it. Want to hug my son.

I just read the article and he doesnt sound remorseful at all but comepletely self absorbed about what this has done to him. F him,.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-03-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I have never seen Dr Drew THIS mad before!

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah. the girl has cerebral palsy too.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #12
lungs
Pro Rookie

Shit, I don't even treat my cattle like that.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
molson
General Manager

This is unbelievably rampant. Only if you're a judge or some kind of celebrity does society really get to call you on it (it's really difficult for law enforcement, and even harder for H&W, to get involved in this stuff with ever expanding rights of parenthood.....there was a case in Idaho recently where a family with a history of child abuse just wasn't cooperating with H&W, lying to them about the kid's whereabouts, when he was too bruised up - hiding the kid in closets and other places H&W isn't allowed to look....not much you can do when the criminals know the game. The kid is dead now.)

Did you see the part where the judge was trying to explain that people don't understand what the daughter has put him through?

Last edited by molson : 11-03-2011 at 09:13 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
Tigercat
College Starter

Even if you support spankings, you can never, ever spank your child in anger. That is violence. If he can't understand that is wrong, he shouldn't be a judge.

It is a shame that many people who support spankings don't understand that.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Shit, I don't even treat my cattle like that.

Maybe they wouldn't back sass as much if you did.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #16
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

If a cop does that to a suspect, or an interrogator does that to a suspected terrorist, jail time is involved. A parent doing it to a helpless kid? Meh.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
molson
General Manager

On the bright side, hooray for technology. Surprised this doesn't happen more often. I'm sure there's countless children and wives over the centuries who wish this option was available to expose what they were going through.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #18
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
DO NOT WATCH the beating video if you have kids - it will break your heart in a way you'll never forget.

I am thankful I read this before looking at the video, as I have decided to NOT watch it.

I don't have to see it to know the guy is obviously a piece of shit that I would gladly light on fire and send to hell. I have no tolerance for abuse to children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
On the bright side, hooray for technology. Surprised this doesn't happen more often. I'm sure there's countless children and wives over the centuries who wish this option was available to expose what they were going through.
YES. And good on the kid who recognized it was a horrible situation and set the webcam up for this very purpose. Sad that it took her 7 years of therapy to finally muster up the courage to release it.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can't fathom ever doing that to my child.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #21
Shepp
High School Varsity

I wonder why she waited seven years to come out with this?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I wonder why she waited seven years to come out with this?

My guess would be living at home until 18, go to college until 22, has a job & a life now at 23 & self-sufficient so came across it while unpacking & watches it again after all these years & thinks, "screw those bastards" ?
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
Shepp
High School Varsity

I'm not going to question whats on the video but I can't help but wonder why she wouldn't have released this right away. If this happened so often that she knew to set up a camera, you would think she would have taken the next logical step sought help. I can't help but question the motives of someone who would sit on something like this for seven years. I wouldn't be suprised if she had been blackmailing dad with it.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #24
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I don't know, it's hard for me to make judgement on the decisions of someone living in a domestic abuse situation. I mean, it's pretty apparent that the Dad had complete control over that family and that must be hard to break off from.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #25
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Quote:
I can't help but question the motives of someone who would sit on something like this for seven years. I wouldn't be suprised if she had been blackmailing dad with it.

I hope she was.

Last edited by Jughead Spock : 11-04-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #26
SteveMax58
College Starter

Understanding something is wrong & understanding what to do about it that won't make everything worse is a very complex dichotomy for a 16 yr old girl who's daddy is a very important & well known person in their town.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #27
MacroGuru
Coordinator

From an interview I read they asked her why she held onto this for so long. It equated to her being a minor, her mom and little sister still being in the house and the potential repercussions to it all....Once everyone had the strength to leave, then she released it.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #28
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The "sistah perspective" on this is interesting. First post is from a neighbor of mine. She's a sharp gal with her MBA, works in mid-level management at a well-known and respected company, etc. etc. etc. From what I've seen, most of her friends are in a similar demographic and station in life. Several of them (all black females) weighed in as well. Here's the original post, followed by the responses.

Quote:
Good morning FB. Did anyone see the video of the judge in Texas whipping his daughter when she was 16? She stole something!!!!!! And he whipped her with a belt on her behind and legs......HE DID NOT ABUSE HIS DAUGHTER! She is 23 now and released this video. SMH!
*imgoingtotweetaboutthis*
Again, she stole something! Her dad took it light on her. {OP's mother's name deleted} would have put me out the house after I got off the floor from under her foot.

Quote:
The only thing I would say was abusive was the way they talked to her but the whipping part was appropriate and can't figure why its a factor since she is 23 now...smh

Quote:
I saw it too {name deleted} and could not believe they are considering that assault. She STOLE something. What made it look worse than it was was that she kept trying to get away and turn over and he had a hard time keeping her straight. TYPICAL. We all know how that is lol. Blows my mind that the could be in trouble. What was he supposed to do with a shoplifting teenager? Put her in time out, sentence her to her room? Really? Hmmmm, wonder if she ever stole again?

Quote:
I totally agree this was legit. That was how we got beat for a reas
on that warranted the belt. Hell clearly she didn't get beat enough if she released this video today cause I'm 34 and if I'd released a video of {poster's father's name deleted} laying into me today... Best believe there might be another fresh beating waiting on me around the corner. Lol!

Quote:
{name deleted} aren't u glad someone isn't recording us when we are mad as Hell with our kids n breaking out the belt, I sure am cuz sumtimes I say some crazy stuff!!!! Sometimes Wut may appear as harshness stems from a loving place. Ask my son, lol

Quote:
In my opinion, the only mistake he made was not gaining the respect of his daughter. Why did she not love and respect him enough to not do this to him. From what I am reading looks like she's upset that he is stopping the bankroll. We whup our kids out of love. Last time I had to whup {name deleted}, I prayed and cried with her. Yelled at her that I would die for her if I had to. She understood I was more hurt than angry. She wrote me the sweetest letter saying how sorry she was for hurting me and that she has asked God to forgive her. That's a kid who knows she is loved. Where did this dad fail?

Quote:
Was mad at this yesterday. Too harsh????? How? She did good, especially running away! And he used a belt! My switches were braided. Moms would've been sitting on me! They're only pissed because he's a family court judge. However, I haven't heard them say he was too hard on a parent that has whipped their child. So he approves ass whoopings, and I do too! Ijs.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #29
spleen1015
Coordinator

I have stayed away from posting in this thread because my opinion doesn't follow what is being said.

I agree with every one of those fb posts, but I think the big detail they leave out is that apparently this guy had a history of beating the crap out of her. I don't know the whole story. I've just seen one video.

I believe every parent has the right to spank their kids if they feel that is the right punishment. Yea, there are some parents that go too far, but I am 100% in favor of spanking your kids. I think there are too many kids who don't get a good ass beating when they need it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #30
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I still remember the paddle in elementary school, or should I say my butt does.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #31
Suicane75
Coordinator

Those responses are frightening.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #32
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

when a problem comes along...
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #33
King of New York
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I have stayed away from posting in this thread because my opinion doesn't follow what is being said.

I agree with every one of those fb posts, but I think the big detail they leave out is that apparently this guy had a history of beating the crap out of her. I don't know the whole story. I've just seen one video.

I believe every parent has the right to spank their kids if they feel that is the right punishment. Yea, there are some parents that go too far, but I am 100% in favor of spanking your kids. I think there are too many kids who don't get a good ass beating when they need it.

I couldn't disagree more with this post.

Kids need disciplining, and I think that far too many parents have abdicated their roles as parents in our society, but spanking/beating/whipping a kid is sheer laziness on the part of the parent--it gets quick results and compliance, but it does not help a kid to understand why what she or he did was wrong. There are other, more effective ways to discipline your kids--they require more time and effort on the part of the parent, but they achieve better results.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #34
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Understanding something is wrong & understanding what to do about it that won't make everything worse is a very complex dichotomy for a 16 yr old girl who's daddy is a very important & well known person in their town.

Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru
From an interview I read they asked her why she held onto this for so long. It equated to her being a minor, her mom and little sister still being in the house and the potential repercussions to it all....Once everyone had the strength to leave, then she released it.

She hasn't been a minor for five years. I don't think there is enough information out there to say whether dad was right or wrong. I also don't think that there is enough information to say this woman is a legit "victim".

If she had been caught stealing I'm afraid I tend to agree with Ben's friends. If this was the norm for lesser offenses, maybe not so much. I also wonder if this was a complete setup by the daughter. She may have known what the consequenses of stealing where and allowed herself to be caught so she could record the results . My experience has been that if I hear something like this and find myself wondering if there is more to the story, there usually is.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #35
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Those responses are frightening.

Absolutely.

It's unfuckingbelievable to me that people would say this sort of thing is ok.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #36
Suicane75
Coordinator

Do these women ever make the correlation between abuse like this and the high rate of violence in the black community?

I particular enjoyed the idea that a 34 old woman would not be surprised at receiving a beating from her father if she had released this tape. That tells me all I need to know about the mindset.

It's not even how they're accepting of doing the beating, but accepting of accepting the beatings.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #37
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

Yes, because hitting children has been proven to change their behavior for the better. Nothing like hours of crying and a sore ass to change a kid's perspective....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
when a problem comes along...

As awful as that guy and this situation is, thank you for a well placed and well timed joke
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #39
Suicane75
Coordinator

She downloaded music off the internet. If you watch the video he blames THE COMPUTER!!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #40
Ben E Lou

I don't recall when my last spanking with a belt was, but from rehashing childhood memories just a few moments ago in FOxL, it was probably 4th grade. Up until around 7 or 8, it was just hand spankings. I laughed at Mama about a spanking when I was around 8, and the belt came out after that. But in 4th grade, I had Mrs. Mamie Jean Pickett. Mrs. Pickett was an old friend of my mother's, and a no-nonsense sistah who would tear up your hand with a ruler in class at the drop of a hat. I don't know this with certainly, but I think someone in our class got it daily; it was easily several times a week. And given her friendship with Mama, she wouldn't hesitate to call her that evening and tell what I'd done when I was the one on the receiving end. It didn't take many times of getting the ruler at school and the belt at home for both to go away for good.

My concern about this particular video is mainly that he's angry and maybe even out of control. One should never spank when emotional like that. (I'm guessing I won't have that problem. ) The denigration of the language is horrible. But really, getting hit on the legs and butt with a belt at age 16? Meh.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Watch the Dr Drew video and he'll explain what's wrong with what you said.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #42
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
In my opinion, the only mistake he made was not gaining the respect of his daughter. Why did she not love and respect him enough to not do this to him. From what I am reading looks like she's upset that he is stopping the bankroll. We whup our kids out of love. Last time I had to whup {name deleted}, I prayed and cried with her. Yelled at her that I would die for her if I had to. She understood I was more hurt than angry. She wrote me the sweetest letter saying how sorry she was for hurting me and that she has asked God to forgive her. That's a kid who knows she is loved. Where did this dad fail?

This one in particular nearly made my head explode.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #43
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Watch the Dr Drew video and he'll explain what's wrong with what you said.
And watch plenty of other well-respected pediatricians on video, and they'll tell you the exact opposite.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #44
Suicane75
Coordinator

The thing is, we know about this guy. He not only did this to the girl, he did it to his wife. I don't think a sane man can watch the video and see that it doesn't come from a place of punishment but a place of anger. He's not trying to teach her something, he's trying to exercise his anger. Too many people don't get the difference between the two.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #45
Suicane75
Coordinator

And I'm not even saying that a good parent can't cross that line out of frustration. I'm sure my mom popped me good a time or two out of frustration, it's only human. But the continued, unbridled anger, is so fucking disturbing.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #46
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
The thing is, we know about this guy. He not only did this to the girl, he did it to his wife. I don't think a sane man can watch the video and see that it doesn't come from a place of punishment but a place of anger. He's not trying to teach her something, he's trying to exercise his anger. Too many people don't get the difference between the two.
Agreed. He's angry, maybe even out of control. One should never discipline (or make any important decision, for that matter) in that mindset.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #47
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I would think this guy went about as far over the line as you can go.

Question? Do you have kids of your own?

Reason I ask is to not be all "you can't understand unless you have kids" but for me, I was 100% pro spanking, but now that I have a child of my own I can't imagine ever hitting him, let alone with a belt and closed fists.

That being said, I believe as well that every parent has the right to spank, but what this guy did goes way beyond that. There is also the concept that children learn behaviors, and I'm not sure I want my son learing that violence in a solution for anything.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #48
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
And watch plenty of other well-respected pediatricians on video, and they'll tell you the exact opposite.

Link? (specifically one that endorses the belt + anger approach to discipline)

Last edited by molson : 11-04-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #49
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
I couldn't disagree more with this post.

Kids need disciplining, and I think that far too many parents have abdicated their roles as parents in our society, but spanking/beating/whipping a kid is sheer laziness on the part of the parent--it gets quick results and compliance, but it does not help a kid to understand why what she or he did was wrong. There are other, more effective ways to discipline your kids--they require more time and effort on the part of the parent, but they achieve better results.

Yeah, I agree in principle. I won't go so far as to say there is never a situation where spanking is appropriate as we aren't all the same homogenized people raising the same homogenized "child" with the same homogenized behaviors...but by 16 I cannot imagine those reasons/situations being valid any more.

The (limited) validity to me is due to a level of immaturity that the child has in understanding consequences of their actions but is at a physical maturity level where they can be very harmful to themselves or others with their actions. Such as a 10 yr old who thinks it is entertaining to hold their 5 yr old brother out the window of the house or something like that. You have to get the point across immediately that it is unacceptable. Yes...it likely means you screwed up at some point earlier in your parenting because your 10 yr old doesn't already understand but you have to make sure this does not happen again for the sake of your 5 yr old.

I don't like to pass judgment on others' parenting as it is not a perfect science imho, and EVERYBODY makes parenting mistakes that you wish you'd done better, but it takes a lot more work than many want to put into it.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #50
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Does the threat of this kind of punishment do anything to deter future actions? I can see the possibility when the child is young and doesn't have the mental skills to rationalize an argument, but I'm not sure this is a deterrent at a later age. If that is the case, this action becomes more of punishment than discipline. That leads me to think that the parent should come up with a different sort of punishment that might actually deter repeat offenses.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote