Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hotness In Motion Versus In Pictures

Just something I wanted to comment on, coming from the latest Hot or Not threads.

I have long noticed that some women look great in pictures, and not so much in video/movies/in motion.

Even more often, I see women who don't look great in pictures, but who just come off awesome in motion. The addition of the way her body moves or the way her face looks when it's smiling or talking or laughing raises the attractive level immensely.

Reason I bring this up is I have thought that both of the recent HoN subjects, Emma Stone and Christina Hendricks, have fallen into this latter category. Emma Stone looks fantastic in Zombieland, but it's rare I find too many still pictures of her where she's compelling. Christina Hendricks looks wonderful in Mad Men, but sometimes comes off not so well in still pitcures (incidentally, she's in Drive, and I didn't find her too attractive in that, but might have been the role she was playing).

Thoughts?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Yes.

I am very familiar with this phenomenon. I think a lot of it has to do with presence, charm or whatever you want to call it. Some people have it, others don't. For example, I now Jessica Alba is an attractive woman, but I think she was zero presence or charm and, thus, I don't really find her all that attractive.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yes.

I am very familiar with this phenomenon. I think a lot of it has to do with presence, charm or whatever you want to call it. Some people have it, others don't. For example, I now Jessica Alba is an attractive woman, but I think she was zero presence or charm and, thus, I don't really find her all that attractive.

Good example. I see her pictures, and I am thinking I would be on her like white on rice. Then I see her in a movie and she's just kinda blah.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

With respect to the HoN threads, this brings to mind the fact we generally just see pictures in there. So women who do better in motion than in pictures kinda get short shrift from those who maybe aren't as familiar with their work on screen (or whatever they do).

I wonder how many of the lower end women on the HoN list would do better if more vids of them were posted in those threads?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
retort:

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I dunno... That vacant look in her eye right before she looks at the kid and sucks his finger is, well... just so empty.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
With respect to the HoN threads, this brings to mind the fact we generally just see pictures in there. So women who do better in motion than in pictures kinda get short shrift from those who maybe aren't as familiar with their work on screen (or whatever they do).

I wonder how many of the lower end women on the HoN list would do better if more vids of them were posted in those threads?

Well the reason Elisha Cuthbert is #1 is because of the "do you want to f*#% me" gif... IMO.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I dunno... That vacant look in her eye right before she looks at the kid and sucks his finger is, well... just so empty.
I said something very similar to that one time, and I was accused of having ovaries and needing to buy some tampons. That's OK, I got the guy who said that banned, so we cool. Just letting you know.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
HB, you have ovaries and should borrow some of Pumpy's tampons.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Well the reason Elisha Cuthbert is #1 is because of the "do you want to f*#% me" gif... IMO.

You have a point. I wouldn't have her #1 on pictures, but she's amazing in motion.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I said something very similar to that one time, and I was accused of having ovaries and needing to buy some tampons. That's OK, I got the guy who said that banned, so we cool. Just letting you know.

If anyone accuses me of something like that here, consider yourself hired.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
cartman
Death Herald

Oh shi...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
HB, you have ovaries and should borrow some of Pumpy's tampons.

Quote:
If anyone accuses me of something like that here, consider yourself hired.

Pumpy, the check is in the mail.

Your target:

Start looking here: "Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas."

(I would suggest you find someone who speaks Italian, Spanish, French or whatever the hell language that is, because all I understand is "Texas" and that shit is big.)

Happy hunting...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Oh shi...

Sorry, dude. Nothing personal. We'll miss you once Pumpy gets you banned. It's been fun.

Like any good Texas boy should know: Mess with the bull, get the horns.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
cartman
Death Herald

Damn it, my house has stairs (at least outside). I am so f'ed.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #16
JediKooter
Coordinator

Well, I just saw Felicity Jones at lunch today and she is hot. I saw some pictures of her and well, the pictures just don't live up to the real thing.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #17
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post

I've been in love with her since Old School. The girl next door sealed it
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #18
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh and Chief, what about at the strip club? Where does that rank?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Oh and Chief, what about at the strip club? Where does that rank?

Ignoring the baiting (), live is even better than in motion on video. Just as I have seen a difference between pictures and video, I have also seen a difference between video and live. I can imagine why Felicity Jones looked so hot in person. The level of attractiveness of some of these girls in person is ridiculous.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #20
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Chief, you have echoed my thoughts exactly. The only time I have seen Ms. Hendricks was in that thread and so far, no one has shown a picture that convinced me that she's hot. That also goes my oft-controversal opinion on Scarlett Johansson. Apart from IM2, I have not seen her in a movie or show and can only judge from the pictures here. She's probably one of those that looks a lot better in film than a still photograph, apparently.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #21
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Chief, you have echoed my thoughts exactly. The only time I have seen Ms. Hendricks was in that thread and so far, no one has shown a picture that convinced me that she's hot. That also goes my oft-controversal opinion on Scarlett Johansson. Apart from IM2, I have not seen her in a movie or show and can only judge from the pictures here. She's probably one of those that looks a lot better in film than a still photograph, apparently.

She actually is. She's all wonderfully jiggly and bubbly on camera, from what I have seen. Just seems like a lot of fun. I don't think still photos do her justice. She's most fun on the red carpet, where she's unscripted. I don't think I have ever seen her do a red carpet interview where she didn't come off hot as hell.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

As long as she doesn't talk...

Edit:
I guess I was being a little vague.
I find most (lots of exceptions) of them lose there hotness if I hear them in an interview.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis

Last edited by Surtt : 10-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #23
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
She actually is. She's all wonderfully jiggly and bubbly on camera, from what I have seen. Just seems like a lot of fun. I don't think still photos do her justice. She's most fun on the red carpet, where she's unscripted. I don't think I have ever seen her do a red carpet interview where she didn't come off hot as hell.

Now that I reread your statement, I'm not sure if you're talking about Scarlett or Christina Hendricks. If it's Scarlett, though, she is amazing looking in person. She was eating lunch across the room from me a few months ago down in the Miracle Mile area and the entire restaurant had trouble keeping their eyes off her (maybe that was just me). Another one that's mega hot in person? Denise Richards. Another lunch encounter. She created a path of silence as she walked through the place to sit at her table. Just stunning. I think the best one though was Pamela Anderson. I was eating breakfast out at Paradise Cove a couple of years ago and she came strolling into the place. Sat down at the table next to me. It is quite possibly the slowest pace at which I've ever eaten a meal.

Last edited by Aylmar : 10-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
Now that I reread your statement, I'm not sure if you're talking about Scarlett or Christina Hendricks. If it's Scarlett, though, she is amazing looking in person. She was eating lunch across the room from me a few months ago down in the Miracle Mile area and the entire restaurant had trouble keeping their eyes off her (maybe that was just me). Another one that's mega hot in person? Denise Richards. Another lunch encounter. She created a path of silence as she walked through the place to sit at her table. Just stunning. I think the best one though was Pamela Anderson. I was eating breakfast out at Paradise Cove a couple of years ago and she came strolling into the place. Sat down at the table next to me. It is quite possibly the slowest pace at which I've ever eaten a meal.

I was talking about Scarlett. Christina always comes off kinda reserved to me in live interviews, while Scarlett comes off like, well, she comes off a lot.

Heh...those are cool stories.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
I think the best one though was Pamela Anderson.

I think you lost me there.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #26
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
I was talking about Scarlett. Christina always comes off kinda reserved to me in live interviews, while Scarlett comes off like, well, she comes off a lot.

Heh...those are cool stories.

I used to work in the SAG building on Wilshire, so I would see actors coming and going all the time (and obviously eating in the surrounding restaurants). The AFTRA offices are on the 9th floor and I rode up the elevator with Michael Emerson during the last season of Lost. We chatted for a bit about the show. Very cool guy.