Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2003, 07:57 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

CNN BREAKING NEWS--Kids shoots principal, kills self.

At the top of CNN.COM right now...no details yet:
Quote:
Student shoots and wounds Pennsylvania middle school principal, then kills himself. Details soon.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #2
Ben E Lou

From Fox News...

A student shot a principal at a junior high school Thursday morning and then killed himself, a county emergency management official said.

The shooting happened at the Red Lion Junior High School, about 30 miles southeast of Harrisburg in south-central Pennsylvania.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:02 AM   #3
Ben E Lou

Heh..Faster details available on the local radio web site (www.wsbradio.com) than Fox, CNN or MSNBC:
Quote:
A student shot and wounded a principal at a junior high school Thursday morning and then killed himself, a county emergency management official said.

The shooting happened at the Red Lion Area Junior High School, about 30 miles southeast of Harrisburg in south-central Pennsylvania.

Emergency officials responded to the school sometime before 8 a.m., said Patrick McFadden, the executive director of York County's Department of Emergency Services.

McFadden said he believed the student was a boy, but it wasn't immediately clear how old the student was or what grade he was in.

The principal, whose name was not immediately released, was transported to the hospital. The principal's condition was unknown.

A woman answering the telephone at the school referred calls to the central district office. Calls to that office were not immediately answered.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-24-2003 at 08:02 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:05 AM   #4
samifan24
Pro Starter

Red Lion School District is the next district over from my college. Now I'm from CT originally, so I don't know the area all that well, but this still shocked me when I heard it on the radio this morning.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:23 AM   #5
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Sad. Hope this doesn't set off another spur of these. Ever notice these thing seem to happen later in the school year?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:28 AM   #6
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
Sad. Hope this doesn't set off another spur of these. Ever notice these thing seem to happen later in the school year?

Everybody's at the hight of their stresses most likely.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:47 AM   #7
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg

Well, you know the saying...

"Spring, when a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of gunning down classmates, teachers, and administrators."
Old 04-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #8
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
students and teachers are only in season April 7 - June 14.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:11 AM   #9
Butter
Coordinator

I think there's also a limited week in late October, though I could be mistaken.

Hopefully, the principal is OK. Glad the student didn't see fit to do any more damage.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:05 AM   #10
dacman
College Benchwarmer

ABC News radio is reporting the principal did not survive.

Last edited by dacman : 04-24-2003 at 11:05 AM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #11
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
a sad loss to his family and community
Old 04-24-2003, 11:09 AM   #12
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I was living in Jackson, MS when the Pearl shootings happened. It really is a shock to see people you know fleeing from a school building as SWAT teams move in.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:26 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It was particularly disturbing to me to see this story online earlier today, just minutes after I returned home from spending a couple of hours as a proctor for 4th grade CRCT's. Not in terms of personal safety or anything like that, it's just sort of a grim reminder that the fairly bright-eyed group of kids I just left aren't always that positive nor content.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:54 PM   #14
tucker342
Pro Starter

that's really sad
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:25 PM   #15
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I live 30 minutes from that school and my company does the controls work in it. Kinda scary.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:33 AM   #16
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

From CNN.

"Anybody that does that has issues," Red Lion Borough Police Chief Walt Hughes said at an afternoon news conference. "We're looking into that to try to find out what that was."

Fifty bucks said this kid was considered a freak/nerd/geek/whatever, ate shit for years, and snapped.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:59 AM   #17
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
From CNN.

"Anybody that does that has issues," Red Lion Borough Police Chief Walt Hughes said at an afternoon news conference. "We're looking into that to try to find out what that was."

Fifty bucks said this kid was considered a freak/nerd/geek/whatever, ate shit for years, and snapped.

Will someone stop arming these people. Not that I'm endorsing bullies but I was a nerd in high school (hell, still am- I'm sitting here on a message board at 1am writing up some stuff for hattrick...) but it's not as if I went around looking for a gun to shoot someone.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 01:15 AM   #18
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Will someone stop arming these people. Not that I'm endorsing bullies but I was a nerd in high school (hell, still am- I'm sitting here on a message board at 1am writing up some stuff for hattrick...) but it's not as if I went around looking for a gun to shoot someone.

SI

It's not arming them nor is it an excuse, it is just simply the most likely explanation.

Last edited by astralhaze : 04-25-2003 at 01:16 AM.
astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 01:16 AM   #19
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
It was particularly disturbing to me to see this story online earlier today, just minutes after I returned home from spending a couple of hours as a proctor for 4th grade CRCT's. Not in terms of personal safety or anything like that, it's just sort of a grim reminder that the fairly bright-eyed group of kids I just left aren't always that positive nor content.

You know, sometimes I read a lot of the things you post and cannot believe I am actually seeing someone say them and mean them.

Then I read something as perceptive as this and I realize that you are quite sharp. No sarcasm intended btw.

Last edited by astralhaze : 04-25-2003 at 01:17 AM.
astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:04 AM   #20
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice

SI

There's different levels of abuse in different communities. What you went through as a 'nerd' in your community might have been fairly light hazing compared to other situations. I'm not making excuses for these children, but in a situation where they 'just snap' like this, you have to figure that IF teasing/bullying is related, then either these are severely weak individuals on the receiving end, or perhaps the level of teasing is many times greater than what the majority of nerds/geeks/etc went through.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 07:03 AM   #21
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I heard that this kid played football, so I don't think he was your typical geek, if that's what this turns out to be. Plus, wouldn't his first reaction be to take out those who pick on him?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote