Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2003, 01:25 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Lightbulb A Tigers Fan Dynasty!!!

So, all of these new reality dyansites have made me decide to detail my love for my Detroit Tigers, staring tonight, April 23rd, vs the Oakland Atheltics. This will just be a summary of my first game, since I got this idea after the game ended, but anyways, here goes...

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23
Detroit Tigers @ Oakland Athletics
Jeremy Bonderman vs Barry Zito

Being it my Spring Break from school, I decided to stay in tonight, after a hot make out session with my girlfriend. HIGH FIVES AROUND BOYS! Er. Anyways, I flipped furiously through the channels to find the game, but of course, it was not on, so I tuned into the Team 1270 to catch te broadcast.

Bonderman and Zito went back and forth in a duel. I kept waiting for the Tigers to implode and give up a big inning, but alas, it was not to be! Craig Monroe went deep in the 4th for a 2-0 lead. The DVH house was rocking. Then Bonderman went on his tear. 17 straight batters sent down. I was giddy as a school girl! Couple that with that fact Dean Palmer hit a two-run double and I could've went cherry popping twice!

Then... They scored one runin the 8th. EEK! I needed a rally cry. I couldn't use my rally monky, my mom was watching me from the other room.. So I did what any die hard would do, I thouht of Scott Bakula in Major Leauge 3, and next thing you know, Higgy is saving a two run bomb! Inge gets the final out and all his joyus!

THATS TWO WIN BOYS! TIME TO RIOT!

Final Score: Detroit 4 Oakland 1
W: Bonderman
L: Zito
S: Anderson

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-24-2003 at 01:26 AM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

No one can stop the Tigers!
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:19 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

THURSDAY, APRIL 24
Detroit Tigers @ Oakland Athetlics
Nate Cornejo vs Mark Mulder

Todays game, was, once again, NOT TELEVISED! AHHHHHH! STUPID COMMUISTIC BASTARDS!

Anyways, I went into work at 5, so I kept the game going on with the radio, but it wasn't the same. We had ourselves a pitchers duel, leaving hope for the chance to get somethig in the later innings like yesterday.

Nate was great *Not even planned!*, for the third consecutive start, but Mulder was amazing. We had a stalemate, then Infane had the dreaded double error leading to their big inning.

We lost it 2-0, and in the process, I lost a part of me inside.

But, better ring up Cooperstown! DEAN PALMER IS GONNA OWN THE RECORD FOR CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH AN EXTRA BASE HIT!

NOW AT 2!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

W: Mulder
L: Cornejo
S: None

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-24-2003 at 09:21 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote