Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
klayman
College Benchwarmer

FOFC Crawl Comp #3: Demonspawn Chaos Knight

FOFC Crawl Comp #3: Demonspawn Chaos Knight

Round 3

We now move into the realm of insanity, as the willing playthings of the chaos god Xom. Keep Xom entertained or you will suffer the consequences. Good luck, you are going to need it.

Race: Demonspawn
Class: Chaos Knight
God: Xom
Time: Two Weeks

klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
mckerney
Coordinator

Xom is a dick.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Xom is a dick.

Xom thinks this is hilarious!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Thomkal
Head Coach

Remember to use CRAWL 0.9 for this one!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Thomkal
Head Coach

well try #1 was a bit strange-Xom laughed a lot, got bored once, but did nothing to me really. Then I did not find a potion until level 3 of the dungeon and that's where I ran into a pack of gnolls. I had found a +2 dagger of protection, but it seemed to do little damage when I hit with it. Luckily the one potion I found was a potion of healing-thanks to it, I was able to survive 4 of the 5 gnolls. Unfortunately #5 seems to have about 300 hp because I didn't get close to killing it after a bunch of hits...and then it killed me. Xom needs another playtoy.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
mckerney
Coordinator

Xom slaps you with a flathead trout!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

And with attempt #2, Xom immediately takes notice of me, teleports me to another part of the dungeon after I found a +3 ring of strength (attempt #1 had found a +4 ring of INT). Then he gives me a gift! ....its a pear...uh thanks Xom. (do you think he'd mind if I threw it in his general direction?)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
ozias
High School JV

I'm not going to post the complete file, but Xom seemed fit to give me some mutations fairly early, and I died fairly quickly as well.

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.9.0 character file. 388 Bart the Skirmisher (level 5, -1/36 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 21, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Slain by a green rat (8 damage) ... in the sewers. The game lasted 00:33:24 (3320 turns). Bart the Skirmisher (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 3320, Time: 00:33:24 HP -1/36 AC 8 Str 13 XL: 5 Next: 42% MP 5/5 EV 11 Int 13 (16) God: Xom Gold 185 SH 0 Dex 12 Spells: 0 memorised, 4 levels left Res.Fire : + . . See Invis. : . a - +2 mace Res.Cold : . . . Warding : . . b - +2 leather armour Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : . (no shield) Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . (helmet restricted) Res.Poison: . Clarity : . (no cloak) Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : . (no gloves) Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . (no boots) Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: . (no amulet) Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . A - +2 ring of intelligence Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . k - +3 ring of protection @: slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy A: hooves 1, horns 1, fire resistance 1, -10% hp

Hooves and Horns!!! WTF?!?! On top of that, he decides to take away 10% of my HP??? Yeah, anybody should survive that kind of stuff...stupid Xom.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
mckerney
Coordinator

Code:
417 The Crushinator the Poker (level 5, 0/40 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 21, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Succumbed to a worker ant's poison ... on Level 5 of the Dungeon. The game lasted 00:27:12 (4946 turns). The Crushinator the Poker (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 4946, Time: 00:27:12 HP 0/40 AC 11 Str 16 (18) XL: 5 Next: 99% MP 6/6 EV 7 Int 14 God: Xom Gold 136 SH 0 Dex 12 Spells: 0 memorised, 6 levels left Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : + a - +2 spear Res.Cold : . . . Warding : . . g - +3 dwarf chain mail Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : . (no shield) Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . (no helmet) Res.Poison: . Clarity : . (no cloak) Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : . (no gloves) Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . (no boots) Res.Mut. : + Ctrl.Telep.: . e - amulet of resist mutation {god gift, unkno Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . (no ring) Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . t - ring of see invisible {unknown} @: mighty, quite poisoned, slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy A: claws 1, sense surroundings 1, AC +1

Xom actually helped me in this one. I was at about 5 HP with several orcs coming after me when he summoned 6 minions to take care of them for me. Still laughed when the worker ant got me.

Last edited by mckerney : 08-21-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Looks like fun, I'll get to it soon. I started a Mountain Dwarf Fighter that I'm doing pretty good with right now. As soon as he's toast I'll fire up a Chaos Knight.

I did find out with 0.9 when you get a rune it doesn't show up in your inventory. You can however see it on the % character sheet.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Character 1: Fighting a hoard of orcs and a Kobold with a blowgun, I get poisoned and am near death. Xom gifts me a potion. Thinking he might be actually helping me, I drink it. It's poison, I die.

Character 5: First level I get a gift of a artifact crossbow which increases my dex, has penetration and generally looks like an awesome 1st level gift. I find bolts around the 4th level to find out it is a -3,-5 weapon and I can't hit jack with it.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #12
mckerney
Coordinator

I got down to level 2 of the dungeon when Xom decided it would be fun to summon 2 demons and 6 other creates and make me fight for survival. I did not win.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ozias, the mutations likely came from being a demonspawn-when you level you might get one saying a part of your demonic heritage has been revealed. And (I think) hooves and horns give you extra attack chances, so not so bad despite the indignity.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #14
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman View Post
Character 1: Fighting a hoard of orcs and a Kobold with a blowgun, I get poisoned and am near death. Xom gifts me a potion. Thinking he might be actually helping me, I drink it. It's poison, I die.

Character 5: First level I get a gift of a artifact crossbow which increases my dex, has penetration and generally looks like an awesome 1st level gift. I find bolts around the 4th level to find out it is a -3,-5 weapon and I can't hit jack with it.

LOL Klayman, that is totally Xom. Never trust his gifts they are usually as twisted as he is. And LOL at the crossbow too. At least you can find scrolls to try to get rid of some of those minuses, so I would keep it for now.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #15
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I got down to level 2 of the dungeon when Xom decided it would be fun to summon 2 demons and 6 other creates and make me fight for survival. I did not win.

I'm guessing Xom was bored here? In 0.9 Xom's mood seems to change more rapidly and more chaotically at least to me.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Things were going about as well as they could go. Xom had given me a demon pet that followed me around and helped me kick ass. I needed to find a remove curse scroll to get the cursed gloves off so I could actually use some of my rings I've found. I started reading scrolls and one of them was a gift from Xom, a scroll of holy word, which proceeded to take half my life and half my pets life...and make my pet demon incredibly pissed off at me.

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.9.0 character file. 2343 Chaotic the Skirmisher (level 9, -3/66 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 22, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Slain by a shadow demon (15 damage) ... created by Xom ... on Level 8 of the Dungeon. The game lasted 00:39:34 (7484 turns). Chaotic the Skirmisher (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 7484, Time: 00:39:34 HP -3/66 AC 16 Str 17 XL: 9 Next: 3% MP 11/11 EV 8 Int 14 God: Xom Gold 199 SH 0 Dex 12 Spells: 0 memorised, 10 levels left Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : + a - +4,+2 hand axe Res.Cold : + . . Warding : . . E - +2 orc ring mail Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : . (no shield) Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . (helmet restricted) Res.Poison: . Clarity : . r - +0 elf cloak Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : . g - +2 pair of gloves Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . P - +1 pair of boots {god gift} Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: . (no amulet) Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . (no ring) Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . p - cursed ring of protection from magic {unkn @: very slightly glowing, quite resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy A: horns 1, talons 1, see invisible, deterioration 1, powered by death 2, AC +3, EV -1, Str +1 a: Renounce Religion
Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ooof Lonnie that's a horrible way to die-and one that I'm sure Xom found great amusement in. I think the lesson here is to ID any gift Xom gives you unless you absolutely have no choice. Well maybe not the pear he gave me.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
mckerney
Coordinator

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.9.0 character file. 1222 The Crushinator the Cudgeler (level 7, 0/52 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 22, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Succumbed to poison (a potion of poison) ... on Level 7 of the Dungeon. The game lasted 00:39:44 (5742 turns). The Crushinator the Cudgeler (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 5742, Time: 00:39:44 HP 0/52 AC 9 Str 15 XL: 7 Next: 94% MP 8/8 EV 12 Int 13 God: Xom Gold 189 SH 0 Dex 9 (12) Spells: 1 memorised, 5 levels left Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : . a - +3,+4 mace Res.Cold : + . . Warding : . . b - +2 leather armour Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : . (no shield) Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . y - +0 visored helmet Res.Poison: . Clarity : . Y - +0 cloak Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : . (no gloves) Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . w - +0 pair of boots Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: . Q - amulet of rage Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . I - ring of wizardry Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . S - ring of levitation @: mildly poisoned, slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy A: cold resistance 1, spiny 1, AC +1 a: Renounce Religion, Evoke Berserk Rage, Evoke Levitation

My best run so far. Low on heath and running from orcs I decided to drink one of my unidentified potions in hope that it could help me. It was poison, Xom laughed.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
ozias
High School JV

Bart #3 did alright until Xom decided to summon not 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, but SIX, yes SIX hostile demons!!

I guess Xom doesn't want us to get very far.

It was to bad because earlier Xom partially covered me in Large Bone plates, +2 to AC and +2 to SH.

Spoiler
Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
Thomkal
Head Coach

This is my best guy so far-Xom wasn't too horrible, but I'm still finding it hard to take out monsters, needed several hits to take out big kobolds there at the end, and barely made a dent in the goliath beetle that killed me there at the end. Anyone else experiencing that? Was using a +4/+2 spear that I had good skill in, so not sure why I'm not doing much damage. Death occurred when I was finding myself somewhat surrounded by a big kobold, a regular kobold, and a hound. So teleported right next to a bat and goliath beetle. Tried last ditch effort of wand of disintegration at the end but it resisted and that was that.

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.9.0 character file. 990 XomRulesSucks the Skirmisher (level 7, -5/53 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 22, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Slain by a goliath beetle (18 damage) ... on Level 6 of the Dungeon. The game lasted 01:00:36 (7142 turns). XomRulesSucks the Skirmisher (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 7142, Time: 01:00:37 HP -5/53 AC 10 Str 16 XL: 7 Next: 20% MP 8/8 EV 7 Int 13 God: Xom Gold 338 SH 0 Dex 12 Spells: 0 memorised, 8 levels left Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : . a - +4,+2 spear Res.Cold : . . . Warding : . . c - +2 chain mail Life Prot.: + + . Conserve : . (no shield) Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . (helmet restricted) Res.Poison: . Clarity : . r - +0 cloak Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : . (no gloves) Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . (no boots) Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: . (no amulet) Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . B - ring of life protection {unknown} Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . e - +1 ring of strength @: slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy A: antennae 1, life protection 1, AC +1 a: Renounce Religion You were on level 6 of the Dungeon. You worshipped Xom. You were a toy of Xom. You were not hungry. You visited 1 branch of the dungeon, and saw 6 of its levels. You collected 318 gold pieces. Inventory: Hand weapons a - a +4,+2 spear (weapon) b - a +1,+2 sling h - a +1,+0 dwarven short sword y - a +2,+1 quarterstaff of distortion C - the -2,+0 dagger "Navvuuj" {freeze, +Inv} (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon) It has been specially enchanted to freeze those struck by it, causing extra injury to most foes and up to double damage against particularly susceptible opponents. It can also slow down cold-blooded creatures. It lets you turn invisible. Missiles d - 57 +0 darts g - 8 poisoned +0 needles j - 55 +0 arrows k - 63 +0 stones n - 30 +0 sling bullets o - 24 +2 arrows q - a poisoned +0 dart (quivered) Armour c - a +2 chain mail (worn) r - a +0 cloak (worn) w - a +3 leather armour Magical devices x - a wand of disintegration (2) Scrolls u - a scroll of immolation {unknown} E - a scroll of remove curse Jewellery e - a +1 ring of strength (left hand) B - a ring of life protection (right hand) {unknown} Potions i - a potion of might l - a potion of brilliance s - a potion of restore abilities z - a potion of speed {unknown} D - a potion of slowing {unknown} Skills: + Level 5 Fighting * Level 4 Polearms + Level 3 Slings - Level 1 Throwing + Level 3 Armour + Level 2 Dodging - Level 1 Stealth - Level 1 Traps & Doors - Level 1 Spellcasting You had 8 spell levels left. You didn't know any spells. Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations Branches: Dungeon (6/27) Temple: D:4-7 Orc: D:6-11 Altars: The Shining One Trog Xom Zin Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations You have a pair of small antennae on your head. You are partially covered in colourless scales (AC +1). You resist negative energy. Message History You hit the goliath beetle. The goliath beetle is moderately wounded. You hit the goliath beetle, but do no damage. The goliath beetle is moderately wounded. The goliath beetle bites you! * * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * * Drink which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit) You feel better. You hit the goliath beetle. The goliath beetle is moderately wounded. The goliath beetle bites you! * * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * * Drink which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit) You feel better. Evoke which item? (* to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit) Zapping: x - a wand of disintegration {zapped: 3} Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line, f/p - goliath beetle Aim: A goliath beetle (moderately wounded) The goliath beetle resists. The goliath beetle bites you! You die... ... #........ #........# ........# #.......# #.......# #.......# #..?%...# #..@....# ###B##### ######..##### #...........# #.......(...# ............# ...........?# ...........# ..........# )........# ........# ### You could see a goliath beetle. Vanquished Creatures 3 big kobolds An ogre (D:5) 2 imps (D:5) 2 hounds A hound zombie (D:6) An orc wizard (D:4) A worker ant (D:5) 7 snakes A worm (D:4) 3 giant geckos An ooze (D:1) 5 orcs 7 giant cockroaches 9 goblins 9 hobgoblins 7 jackals 23 kobolds A quokka (D:6) 4 bats 7 giant newts An orc skeleton (D:4) An orc zombie (D:5) 7 rats 2 small snakes (D:1) 8 fungi (D:1) 3 plants (D:1) 3 toadstools 120 creatures vanquished. Vanquished Creatures (others) A goblin (D:3) A kobold (D:6) A rat (D:1) 5 toadstools 8 creatures vanquished. Grand Total: 128 creatures vanquished Notes Turn | Place | Note -------------------------------------------------------------- 0 | D:1 | XomRulesSucks, the Demonspawn Chaos Knight, began the quest for the Orb. 0 | D:1 | Reached XP level 1. HP: 16/16 MP: 1/1 179 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 536 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 636 | D:1 | XOM: confusion (+ monsters) 713 | D:1 | Reached XP level 2. HP: 22/22 MP: 2/2 736 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 836 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 955 | D:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Dodging 1007 | D:1 | Reached skill level 4 in Fighting 1276 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 1285 | D:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Throwing 1760 | D:1 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in colourless scales (AC +1). 1760 | D:1 | Reached XP level 3. HP: 25/28 MP: 3/3 1776 | D:1 | XOM: stat loss: -1 Str (13/14) 1875 | D:2 | XOM: miscast effect 2215 | D:2 | XOM: miscast effect 2776 | D:2 | XOM: cast spell 'Detect Items' 3076 | D:2 | XOM: cast spell 'Summon Butterflies' 3277 | D:3 | XOM is BORED! 3277 | D:3 | XOM: miscast effect 3317 | D:2 | XOM: miscast effect 3658 | D:3 | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin. 3771 | D:3 | Noticed Sigmund 3804 | D:3 | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One. 4235 | D:3 | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. 4235 | D:3 | Gained mutation: You resist negative energy. 4235 | D:3 | Reached XP level 4. HP: 30/35 MP: 4/4 4325 | D:4 | XOM: miscast effect 4376 | D:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting 4790 | D:4 | XOM: confusion 4805 | D:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Slings 4805 | D:4 | Reached XP level 5. HP: 24/40 MP: 6/6 5196 | D:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon 5251 | D:5 | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth 5515 | D:4 | XOM: stat loss: -2 Str (13/15) 5740 | D:5 | XOM: stat loss: -3 Dex (9/12) 5947 | D:5 | Reached XP level 6. HP: 42/47 MP: 7/7 6147 | D:5 | XOM: miscast effect 6207 | D:5 | XOM: miscast effect 6217 | D:5 | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog. 6227 | D:5 | Got a slimy dagger 6228 | D:5 | Identified the cursed dagger "Navvuuj" {freeze, +Inv} (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon) 6594 | D:5 | XOM: miscast effect 6708 | D:6 | Noticed a big kobold 6709 | D:6 | Noticed a big kobold 6734 | D:6 | Noticed a big kobold 6765 | D:5 | Defeated a big kobold 6765 | D:5 | Reached skill level 1 in Traps & Doors 6946 | D:6 | Defeated a big kobold 6946 | D:6 | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting 6946 | D:6 | Reached XP level 7. HP: 45/53 MP: 8/8 6989 | D:5 | Defeated a big kobold 7081 | D:6 | Noticed a big kobold 7132 | D:6 | XOM: confuse monster(s) 7142 | D:6 | Slain by a goliath beetle

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-22-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #21
klayman
College Benchwarmer

My best run so far. I got some helpful mutations and Xom provided some useful gifts, but I could hardly touch the Iron Golem.

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.9.0 character file. 2307 Sturic the Cudgeler (level 8, -7/59 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 22, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Mangled by an iron golem (18 damage) ... on Level 8 of the Dungeon. The game lasted 00:54:38 (8190 turns). Sturic the Cudgeler (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 8190, Time: 00:54:38 HP -7/59 AC 14 Str 15 XL: 8 Next: 52% MP 12/12 EV 8 Int 13 God: Xom Gold 713 SH 16 Dex 12 (14) Spells: 4 memorised, 4 levels left Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : . C - +0,+3 flail "Wappucou" {god gift, chaos, r Res.Cold : . . . Warding : . . x - +4 ring mail Life Prot.: + + . Conserve : + c - +1 elf shield {rflct} Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . s - +2 helmet Res.Poison: + Clarity : . e - +1 cloak Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : . (no gloves) Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . (no boots) Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: . q - amulet of conservation Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . (no ring) Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . v - ring of life protection @: slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, very unstealthy A: breathe flames 2, demonic guardian 1, poison resistance, slow metabolism 1, powered by pain 1, EV +2, Dex +1 a: Renounce Religion, Breathe Fire You were on level 8 of the Dungeon. You worshipped Xom. You were a plaything of Xom. You were not hungry. You visited 2 branches of the dungeon, and saw 9 of its levels. You collected 1078 gold pieces. You spent 385 gold pieces at shops. Inventory: Hand weapons u - a +2,+2 spear of returning (quivered) C - the +0,+3 flail "Wappucou" (weapon) {god gift, chaos, rPois rN+} (Xom gifted it to you on level 5 of the Dungeon) Each time it hits an enemy it has a different, random effect. It protects you from poison. It protects you from negative energy. Missiles j - 4 +0 javelins of penetration Armour c - a +1 elven shield of reflection (worn) e - a +1 cloak (worn) s - a +2 helmet (worn) x - a +4 ring mail (worn) Magical devices D - a wand of fire (5) I - a wand of digging (12) Comestibles a - a choko g - a banana h - 2 pears l - an orange m - 3 meat rations Scrolls b - a scroll of detect curse d - 2 scrolls of recharging {unknown} k - 4 scrolls of teleportation {unknown} r - a scroll of curse jewellery {unknown} t - a scroll of magic mapping {unknown} y - 2 scrolls of remove curse z - 2 scrolls of amnesia {unknown} E - 5 scrolls of identify N - 3 scrolls of immolation {unknown} Q - 2 scrolls of fear {unknown} Jewellery q - an amulet of conservation (around neck) v - a ring of life protection (left hand) Potions f - 6 potions of healing {unknown} A - a potion of speed {unknown} B - a potion of heal wounds {unknown} F - 2 potions of brilliance G - a potion of magic {unknown} H - 3 potions of might {unknown} Skills: + Level 4 Fighting + Level 5 Maces & Flails + Level 3 Throwing + Level 4 Armour + Level 3 Dodging + Level 1 Stealth + Level 1 Stabbing + Level 1 Shields - Level 1 Traps & Doors * Level 2 Spellcasting You had 4 spell levels left. You knew the following spells: Your Spells Type Power Success Level Hunger a - Animate Skeleton Necr N/A Useless 1 Strawberry b - Flame Tongue Fire/Conj #..... Useless 1 Strawberry c - Throw Flame Fire/Conj #...... Useless 2 Choko d - Inner Flame Fire/Hex #........ Useless 3 Honeycomb Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations Branches: Dungeon (8/27) Temple (1/1) D:7 Orc: D:6-11 Lair: D:8-13 Altars: Ashenzari Cheibriados Elyvilon Sif Muna The Shining One Trog Vehumet Shops: D:4: + D:7: [ Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations You are surrounded by a mild repulsion field (EV +2). A weak demonic guardian rushes to your aid. You sometimes regain a little magical energy from taking damage. You are agile (Dex +1). You can breathe fire. Your system is resistant to poisons. You have a slow metabolism.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And LOL at the crossbow too. At least you can find scrolls to try to get rid of some of those minuses, so I would keep it for now.

I didn't think scrolls could affect artifact weapons and armour?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman View Post
I didn't think scrolls could affect artifact weapons and armour?

Hmmm I hadn't thought about that, looks like I was wrong there.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #24
Lonnie
High School Varsity

So many almost deaths this run. It's kinda frustrating not being good at anything and having to work you way up. This time I went heavy armor and pumped strength. However Xom hit me with Torment quite a few times and sent hostile demons a couple of times. I'm thinking I shouldn't have worn the Faith amulet as that just makes him pay more attention to you. This death I was running from several things, killed a giant toad and a sky beast, but an invisible Erika hit me with a bolt of poison that went through my poison resist and took me out.

I'm just going to post ones I do better in, so even though this is my second morgue dump, it's really about my 10th run.

4701 Chaotic the Ducker (level 10, -4/109 HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 22, 2011.
Was a Plaything of Xom.
Killed from afar by Erica (12 damage)
... with a bolt of poison

... on Level 10 of the Dungeon.
The game lasted 01:11:03 (14835 turns).

Spoiler
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #25
mckerney
Coordinator

At last sometimes Xom is kind.

"Go forth and destory!"

You feel more experienced!"
Your Fighting Skill increases to level 5!
Your Short Blades skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 5!
Your Throwing skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 3!
Your Armor skill increases to level 4!
Your Dodging skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 4!
Your Stealth skill gained 4 levels and is now at level 5!
Your Spellcasting skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 3!
You have reached level 6!
Your experience leads to an increase in your attributes!
You feel stronger!

I'm sure he'll kill me soon to make up for it.

Last edited by mckerney : 08-23-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 AM   #26
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I'm not doing very well with this dude.

613 Barf Bag the Skirmisher (level 6, -2/47 HPs)

Spoiler
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #27
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
At last sometimes Xom is kind.

"Go forth and destory!"
You feel more experienced!"
Your Fighting Skill increases to level 5!
Your Short Blades skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 5!
Your Throwing skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 3!
Your Armor skill increases to level 4!
Your Dodging skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 4!
Your Stealth skill gained 4 levels and is now at level 5!
Your Spellcasting skill gained 2 levels and is now at level 3!
You have reached level 6!
Your experience leads to an increase in your attributes!
You feel stronger!

I'm sure he'll kill me soon to make up for it.

wow! Xom is Wonderful! (until he's a bastard)
Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #28
Thomkal
Head Coach

Prince Ribbit can be a tough customer for more powerful characters sloppy, so dying to him is not a surprise. keep trying!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
Thomkal
Head Coach

Got my latest guy past the temple, and doing well-found a flail of crushing which has been a help in the damage department, and a blowgun with poisoned needles, and poisoned sling bullets which have helped tremendously. Have a couple wand of disintegrations which work well on uniques, and of late Xom has been nice to me-berserking me on Pikel when some of his slaves were getting close and just now he gave me a +9 Rod of Summoning, with three spells-Recall, summon canine familiar, and summon swarm. If I can use it, summon swarm will help with various orc and gnoll packs as I don't have a mass effect item at the moment. My guy is Level 8 and on Dungeon Level 7 and no doubt will die a horrible death shortly after posting this.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #30
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow just got very lucky with my guy-was in a mostly open level, spotted a troll, started attacking from a distance, a bunch of hounds came behind him-was forced to retreat to the next level...where I landed in an open room with a bunch of orcs and who knows what else. Ran back up the stairs with a couple orcs tagging along-read a teleport scroll, Xom summoned a ice beast to help and took a couple healing potions. Thank goodness for the amulet of guardian spirit I had just found on the previous level-saved me long enough to teleport to safety...for now.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #31
Thomkal
Head Coach

And right after I started to rest in an empty room...Xom summoned mega demons-tried to escape, but futile really with being so low on hitpoints. Maybe I should have tried to use my rod of summoning.

Code:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.9.0 character file. 2794 XomRulesSucks the Skirmisher (level 9, -1/66 HPs) Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 22, 2011. Was a Plaything of Xom. Burnt to a crisp (2 damage) ... on Level 8 of the Dungeon on Aug 23, 2011. The game lasted 02:14:56 (9638 turns). XomRulesSucks the Skirmisher (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 9638, Time: 02:14:56 HP -1/66 AC 17 Str 15 XL: 9 Next: 23% MP 0/11 EV 6 Int 15 God: Xom Gold 249 SH 16 Dex 12 Spells: 0 memorised, 10 levels left Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : . a - +0,+4 flail (crush) Res.Cold : . . . Warding : . . F - +2 dwarf ring mail Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : . r - +1 shield {AC+3} Res.Acid. : . . . Res.Corr. : . (no helmet) Res.Poison: . Clarity : . u - +2 cloak Res.Elec. : . Spirit.Shd : + j - +1 pair of dwarf gloves Sust.Abil.: . . Stasis : . x - +0 pair of boots Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: . J - amulet of guardian spirit Res.Rott. : . Levitation : . (no ring) Saprovore : . . . Ctrl.Flight: . (no ring) @: liquid flames, hasted, very quick, slightly resistant to hostile enchantments, very unstealthy A: breathe flames 1, spit poison 1, powered by pain 2, AC +1 a: Spit Poison, Renounce Religion, Breathe Fire You were on level 8 of the Dungeon. You worshipped Xom. You were Xom's teddy bear. You were not hungry. You visited 2 branches of the dungeon, and saw 10 of its levels. You collected 383 gold pieces. You spent 154 gold pieces at shops. Inventory: Hand weapons a - a +0,+4 flail of crushing (weapon) b - a +0,+0 sling c - a +0 blowgun i - a +0,+1 whip of flaming q - a +2,+2 hand axe L - a +0,+0 sling T - a +2,+0 elven spear Missiles k - 25 +0 sling bullets m - 33 poisoned +0 needles o - 22 +4 darts (quivered) B - 46 +0 stones E - 71 +0 darts G - 10 poisoned +2 sling bullets Armour j - a +1 pair of dwarven gloves (worn) p - a +2 buckler r - a +1 shield of protection (worn) t - a +0 chain mail u - a +2 cloak (worn) x - a +0 pair of boots (worn) D - a +0 plate mail F - a +2 dwarven ring mail (worn) Magical devices g - a wand of random effects (15) v - a wand of disintegration (0) y - a wand of hasting (5) {god gift, unknown} N - a wand of disintegration (1) Comestibles l - 4 bread rations R - 2 chunks of quokka flesh Scrolls e - a scroll of blinking {unknown} f - a scroll of recharging {unknown} s - a scroll of enchant armour {unknown} z - a scroll of magic mapping {unknown} I - a scroll of amnesia {unknown} M - a scroll of remove curse Jewellery C - an uncursed amulet of controlled flight J - an amulet of guardian spirit (around neck) Potions n - a potion of agility A - 3 potions of speed H - a potion of restore abilities K - a potion of berserk rage Q - a potion of invisibility {unknown} Books h - a book of Enchantments Spells Type Level Tukima's Dance Hexes 3 See Invisible Charms 4 Cause Fear Hexes 5 Silence Hexes/Air 5 Deflect Missiles Charms/Air 6 Haste Charms 6 Magical staves d - a +9 rod of summoning (12/12) {god gift} (Xom gifted it to you on level 7 of the Dungeon) Skills: + Level 6 Fighting - Level 4 Axes + Level 5 Maces & Flails + Level 5 Slings - Level 2 Throwing * Level 3 Armour * Level 2 Dodging - Level 1 Stealth + Level 1 Stabbing * Level 1 Shields - Level 1 Traps & Doors - Level 1 Spellcasting + Level 1 Evocations You had 10 spell levels left. You didn't know any spells. Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations Branches: Dungeon (9/27) Temple (1/1) D:4 Orc: D:6-11 Lair: D:8-13 Altars: Elyvilon Fedhas Kikubaaqudgha Makhleb Nemelex Xobeh Okawaru Sif Muna The Shining One Vehumet Xom Yredelemnul Shops: D:4: / Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations You are partially covered in colourless scales (AC +1). You sometimes regain magical energy from taking damage. You can breathe flames. You can spit poison. Message History Your scroll labeled JOUWKI HAIF catches fire! Your scroll labeled ADOEQIENIE catches fire! The giant frog gives a loud, deep croak! The imp sputters. There is an open door here. You are covered in liquid flames! One of your 2 scrolls labeled PHUUWUW PNAEC {tried} catches fire! * * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * * The ynoxinul gestures. You are covered in liquid flames! * * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * * The tormentor calls on the powers of darkness! Your body is wracked with pain! * * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * * The giant frog convulses! The smoke demon gestures at you. Something smites you! * * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * * You are covered in liquid flames! You die... #. .#. ...#.###+#### ...#........# #..#........# .. #..#..3.....+ ...##..#..5.....# .......#...35...# +......###5#3#+### [email protected]...... #.########........ #........ #.####### #.# #.# #.# #.# . You could see a smoke demon, a tormentor, a giant frog and an imp. Vanquished Creatures Pikel (D:5) Grinder (D:4) A hungry ghost (D:7) A yak (D:4) Edmund (D:4) 2 ogres Menkaure (D:6) A centaur (D:6) A slave (D:5) Duvessa (D:6) A giant frog (D:7) Blork the orc (D:4) 2 imps (D:6) Dowan (D:6) A scorpion (D:8) A hound (D:4) Crazy Yiuf (D:2) An orc priest (D:3) 2 hound skeletons An iguana (D:5) An orc wizard (D:4) 4 worker ants A worm zombie (D:6) A jelly (D:7) 9 gnolls 12 snakes An iguana zombie (D:7) A scorpion zombie (D:5) 2 giant mites 4 worms 4 giant geckos 16 orcs 5 giant cockroaches 14 goblins 11 hobgoblins 12 jackals 11 kobolds 2 oozes 4 quokkas 18 bats 9 giant newts A giant spore (D:7) A kobold skeleton (D:5) An orc skeleton (D:5) A quokka skeleton (D:4) 19 rats A small snake (D:2) A plant (D:5) 13 toadstools 203 creatures vanquished. Vanquished Creatures (others) A slave (D:5) An ice beast (D:8) A centaur (D:5) A jelly (D:7) 2 goblins 12 toadstools 18 creatures vanquished. Grand Total: 221 creatures vanquished Notes Turn | Place | Note -------------------------------------------------------------- 0 | D:1 | XomRulesSucks, the Demonspawn Chaos Knight, began the quest for the Orb. 0 | D:1 | Reached XP level 1. HP: 16/16 MP: 1/1 59 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 79 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 217 | D:1 | XOM: miscast effect 258 | D:1 | Reached XP level 2. HP: 22/22 MP: 2/2 532 | D:1 | XOM: cast spell 'Summon Butterflies' 570 | D:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Throwing 708 | D:1 | XOM: cast spell 'Detect Items' 731 | D:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Dodging 831 | D:1 | Reached XP level 3. HP: 28/28 MP: 3/3 1124 | D:2 | XOM: miscast effect 1261 | D:2 | XOM: miscast effect 1421 | D:2 | Reached skill level 4 in Axes 1479 | D:2 | XOM is BORED! 1479 | D:2 | XOM: 7-stop teleportation journey 1582 | D:2 | Noticed Crazy Yiuf 1599 | D:2 | Defeated Crazy Yiuf 1599 | D:2 | Gained mutation: You sometimes regain a little magical energy from taking damage. 1599 | D:2 | Reached XP level 4. HP: 25/35 MP: 2/4 1842 | D:2 | XOM: 4-stop teleportation journey 2022 | D:2 | XOM: miscast effect 2082 | D:2 | XOM: cast spell 'Summon Butterflies' 2444 | D:3 | XOM is BORED! 2444 | D:3 | XOM: stat loss: -1 Str (12/13) 2682 | D:3 | Reached XP level 5. HP: 38/40 MP: 5/5 2910 | D:3 | Reached skill level 1 in Slings 2910 | D:3 | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth 2968 | D:3 | XOM: cast spell 'Flight' 3342 | D:3 | Reached skill level 1 in Shields 3415 | D:3 | XOM: miscast effect 3539 | D:3 | XOM is BORED! 3539 | D:3 | XOM: miscast effect 4178 | D:3 | XOM: cast spell 'Flight' 4367 | D:4 | Noticed Edmund 4381 | D:4 | XOM: confusion 4390 | D:4 | Defeated Edmund 4390 | D:4 | Reached XP level 6. HP: 16/47 MP: 6/6 4720 | D:4 | Found Giomig's Magical Wand Boutique. 4752 | D:4 | Bought a wand of disintegration (10) for 154 gold pieces 4762 | D:4 | Noticed Grinder 4898 | D:4 | Noticed a yak 4924 | D:4 | Defeated a yak 4924 | D:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Stabbing 4924 | D:4 | Gained mutation: You sometimes regain magical energy from taking damage. 4924 | D:4 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in colourless scales (AC +1). 4924 | D:4 | Reached XP level 7. HP: 52/52 MP: 7/7 4960 | D:4 | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey 5000 | D:4 | Noticed Blork the orc 5012 | D:4 | Defeated Blork the orc 5012 | D:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting 5181 | D:4 | XOM: miscast effect 5261 | D:4 | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple. 5310 | D:4 | Defeated Grinder 5310 | D:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting 5310 | D:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Maces & Flails 5310 | D:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Traps & Doors 5461 | D:4 | XOM: cast spell 'Statue Form' 5755 | Temple | Entered the Ecumenical Temple 5982 | Temple | XOM: miscast effect 6106 | D:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon 6244 | D:5 | Found an iron altar of Okawaru. 6281 | D:5 | Noticed Pikel 6318 | D:5 | XOM: potion effect (berserk) 6321 | D:5 | Defeated Pikel 6321 | D:5 | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails 6321 | D:5 | Reached XP level 8. HP: 60/60 MP: 10/10 6545 | D:5 | Your ally freed slave died 6587 | D:5 | XOM: miscast effect 6646 | D:5 | XOM: cast spell 'Flight' 6889 | D:5 | XOM: cast spell 'Detect Creatures' 6951 | D:5 | Reached skill level 5 in Slings 7177 | D:5 | XOM: stat loss: -3 Str (11/14) 7317 | D:5 | XOM: miscast effect 7619 | D:6 | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One. 7619 | D:6 | Noticed Menkaure 7623 | D:6 | Defeated Menkaure 7623 | D:6 | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting 7796 | D:6 | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations 8015 | D:6 | Noticed Duvessa 8015 | D:6 | Noticed Dowan 8068 | D:6 | XOM: stat loss: -1 Dex (11/12) 8083 | D:6 | Defeated Duvessa 8167 | D:6 | Defeated Dowan 8709 | D:7 | XOM: god gift: short glowing rod {god gift} 8718 | D:7 | Identified a +9 rod of summoning (12/12) {god gift} (Xom gifted it to you on level 7 of the Dungeon) 8742 | D:7 | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul. 8793 | D:7 | Reached XP level 9. HP: 66/66 MP: 11/11 8794 | D:7 | XOM: give mutations 8794 | D:7 | Gained mutation: You can spit poison. 8794 | D:7 | Gained mutation: You can breathe flames. 8955 | D:7 | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna. 9054 | D:7 | XOM: vitrification 9062 | D:7 | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas. 9311 | D:7 | XOM: god gift: worn gold wand {god gift} 9370 | D:7 | XOM: confuse monster(s) 9591 | D:8 | XOM: cast spell 'Summon Ice Beast' 9631 | D:8 | XOM: summons 8 hostile demons 9637 | D:8 | HP: 1/66 [smoke demon/divine providence[Xom] (9)] 9638 | D:8 | Burnt to a crisp

Now you can see why I named my guy the way I did.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow just got very lucky with my guy-was in a mostly open level, spotted a troll, started attacking from a distance, a bunch of hounds came behind him-was forced to retreat to the next level...where I landed in an open room with a bunch of orcs and who knows what else. Ran back up the stairs with a couple orcs tagging along-read a teleport scroll, Xom summoned a ice beast to help and took a couple healing potions. Thank goodness for the amulet of guardian spirit I had just found on the previous level-saved me long enough to teleport to safety...for now.

Demonic guardian is by far the most useful demonspawn mutation I've had. It's saved me several times.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #33
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Finally got a decent run in. No matter which way I go with this combo I just can't get the firepower up. This time I was melee for a while then when I got spellcasting up I focused on that a while hoping to make him into a nuker. Once again Erica bitch slapped me. I didn't have see invisible or resist poison, two of her favorite things.

I think the reason I made it this far was a permanent demon pet that Xom sent. It was raping everybody out there... at least until it ran into some death yaks.

11308 Chaotic the Nimble (level 11, -33/62 (71) HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 23, 2011.
Was a Plaything of Xom.
Killed from afar by Erica (40 damage)
... with an orb of energy

... on Level 10 of the Dungeon.
The game lasted 01:49:58 (19223 turns).

Spoiler

Last edited by Lonnie : 08-23-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #34
thesloppy
Pro Starter

What's up with yaks? Who knew they were the assassins of the animal kingdom? Maybe one of the developers had some sort of yak-based trauma in his youth...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #35
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Fuck Xom!

He animated my +5, +3 dagger of venom dagger and told me to fight it. It gave me strong poison and my wand of healing ran out.

6488 Chaotic the Nimble (level 10, -2/73 HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Chaos Knight on Aug 23, 2011.
Was a Plaything of Xom.
Slain by a dagger of venom (5 damage)
... summoned by Xom
... on Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts on Aug 24, 2011.
The game lasted 01:56:22 (21361 turns).

Chaotic the Nimble (Demonspawn Chaos Knight) Turns: 21361, Time: 01:56:22
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #36
Thomkal
Head Coach

oh man Lonnie, haven't seen that with my guys yet! (and hopefully never will lol). I'm beginning to wonder just how playable chaos knights are longterm at the moment.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #37
ozias
High School JV

Playing as this character is like a lesson in futility, you just can't win.

Xom has killed off my last 10+ characters, only the previous one I submitted was even worth submitting.

3 of the characters, Xom found a way to kill off by level 2.

Hopefully a new day brings much better dice rolls, or Xom just has it out for me.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #38
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I'm trying a new strategy. Leaving Xom asap and seeing if I can outlive his penance and then picking a new god when I find the Temple. It hasn't worked yet, but it doesn't feel much different than worshiping him.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #39
Thomkal
Head Coach

well that kinda defeats the purpose of the challenge doesn't it Lonnie? that we all have to suffer under "xom's "care"?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #40
Radii
Head Coach

neat i just got a +4 AC/-1 Dex mutation at level 3, that's a huge armor boost that early. I'm sure I'll be dead within 10 minutes anyway, but whee!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #41
ozias
High School JV

I think Xom is out to kill you more than anything else.

This is my best run so far, and I thought I was doing pretty good with some of the mutations, and couple of items I had, so Xom felt it was time to test my mettle, and summoned 13 demons for me to face. Heck, even the +4 Rod of Destruction he gave me didn't help in the least.

Spoiler
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #42
Thomkal
Head Coach

13 demons? wow, that's pretty crazy-the number and the strength of those guys really need to be toned down for Xom's use of them. How is someone of your level going to survive that unless you get a lucky teleport or blink off? Good run though.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #43
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've got a guy going with demonic guardian and he's fully scaled (+10 AC, -3 Dex), we'll see how Xom sees fit to kill him this time.

I agree that this version of Xom seems like he could use a little fixin'. He's far too active, and generally negative....or at least the power of the negative stuff outweighs the power of the positive.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #44
thesloppy
Pro Starter

An elephant just bitch-trunkslapped me to death. Damn. I tried to run, but didn't have any blinking/teleporting stuff. Looking at my inv. I guess I shoulda chugged the speed potion...if only I'd known about the wand of enslavement.

2288 Munchie LeGeaux the Cudgeler (level 8, -3/60 HPs)

You could see an elephant, a yak, a crocodile, a wight and a friendly iron imp.

That's like some sort of escaped-from-the-zoo death squad.

Spoiler
Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #45
Thomkal
Head Coach

Now this just wasn't called for Xom. Started a new guy, was autoexploring the first level and eventually came back to starting area-it was an area with a patch of grass and four harmless plants...until Xom thought he would "help" by changing one of the plants into a very non-harmless Oklob plant! On Level 1! I had no where to go as it one shot me to death...but Xom brought me back to life! The first time ever that has happened. But I was still within range of the plant-took one step trying to get away...one shotted again. I'm definitely leaning towards the XomSucks part of my character's name.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #46
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded the game. I wont get to play for a while until after I take my licensing exam next week. Probably just as well, this crawl comp round is just too difficult for a n00b like me.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #47
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah I definitely wouldn't recommend this comp for a beginner ABC. Run through the tutorial, and then play with Hints mode-where you get to choose from three of the "easier" to start with characters-I'd go with the Minotaur Berzerker first there to ease you into the game and get you ready for crazy characters like these.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #48
klayman
College Benchwarmer

or try out this round, and then next will seem a lot easier (and less aggravating)
Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #49
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I think I pissed Xom off. He cast me into the Abyss when I was level 4. I actually found a gate out (first time ever), so he proceeds to just hit me with a torrent of bad things. Several stats losses, half a dozen bad mutations, upgrades an ogre's weapon to Chaos, confuses me when fighting that ogre, animates my weapon against me, and summons six demons. I live through all of that to die to a iguana.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #50
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh Lonnie the shame! (but yeah those iguana can be tough)