Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ted Danson joins the cast of CSI .. what

Well this is certainly .. odd.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES – July 12, 2011 — Multiple Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award winner Ted Danson will join the cast of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, in a series regular role, on the CBS Television Network. His character will debut in the season premiere on Wednesday, September 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Danson will play the new CSI Supervisor for the grave shift after heading the crime lab in Portland. He comes to the team as they are still grappling with the professional and personal fallout from last season’s take-down of serial killer, Nate Haskell.

“You can create a new character on the page, but until the perfect actor comes along and breathes life into it, it’s just words,” said Executive Producer Carol Mendelsohn. “We’re very excited Ted Danson came along.”

“From the moment we all started talking about the role, it was clear he couldn’t be more perfect,” said Executive Producer Don McGill. ”Intelligence, wit, warmth, depth of character and emotion, he brings it all. And now he’ll have to bring latex gloves, too.”

Ted Danson will remain a series regular on the critically acclaimed HBO series, “Bored to Death.” He has also recently garnered accolades for his roles on “Damages” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” Ted Danson will next be seen starring opposite Drew Barrymore and John Krasinsky in “Everybody Loves Whales” to be released in January 2012. Mr. Danson recently published his first book, Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save them, currently available in book stores.

I don't watch CSI but this struck me as incredibly fucking weird.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Especially weird because if you watch the show, that means either a character change or elimination of yet another original cast member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't watched since before the original guy left, but Danson is replacing that Fishbourne guy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I haven't watched since before the original guy left, but Danson is replacing that Fishbourne guy.

From a cast member perspective that would make sense, but not from a role perspective.

Fishbourne was not the supervisor, Marg Helgenberger was.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The thought seems to be that this allows them to reduce her role without eliminating her altogether.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I wonder how much he will make.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I wonder how much he will make.

Well played, sir. Made me laugh out loud at Borders.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The thought seems to be that this allows them to reduce her role without eliminating her altogether.

Sure, I understand all of that.. but it's going to clearly signify a change in her character's specific role... whether that be a promotion, quitting, whatever.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'll be slightly more inclined to watch this. I've always liked Ted Danson, even in shitty shows.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

They should re-cast Marg Helgenberger's role with Shelley Long.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Or with Kirstie Alley.....
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
From a cast member perspective that would make sense, but not from a role perspective.

Fishbourne was not the supervisor, Marg Helgenberger was.

True, but its already been announced that Fishburne is not coming back this fall.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

They left a lot of things open at the end of last year I assume for cast reasons. Fishburne and Helgenberger's characters could both easily step down/aside or be demoted after the way the serial killer case ended. Catherine for not doing more to keep Ray away from everything and Ray for obvious reasons to anyone who watches the show.

Ted Danson seems weird though really it feels like the show is just kinda hanging on at this point anyway and won't be around too many more seasons.

Comparing the serial killer in this last season to say the Miniature Killer awhile back, there's just no comparison. I don't think trying to make Fishburne's character into a mostly normal dude with some very violent tendencies really worked that well either for the show. I'll probably watch it til its gone but its clearly fading.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere tonight glasses are being raised to the sound of......Cheers *sunglasses on* YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Oh, wait. Wrong CSI

Last edited by stevew : 07-13-2011 at 10:03 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
They left a lot of things open at the end of last year I assume for cast reasons. Fishburne and Helgenberger's characters could both easily step down/aside or be demoted after the way the serial killer case ended. Catherine for not doing more to keep Ray away from everything and Ray for obvious reasons to anyone who watches the show.

Ted Danson seems weird though really it feels like the show is just kinda hanging on at this point anyway and won't be around too many more seasons.

Comparing the serial killer in this last season to say the Miniature Killer awhile back, there's just no comparison. I don't think trying to make Fishburne's character into a mostly normal dude with some very violent tendencies really worked that well either for the show. I'll probably watch it til its gone but its clearly fading.

Well said.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think you meant "SO what!"
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Well this is certainly .. odd.

I don't watch CSI but this struck me as incredibly fucking weird.

Not THAT fucking weird now really as he's already been doing that kinda stuff with Damages. Although when I saw Martin Short and Ted Danson were on Damages I did indeed do a doubletake.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

Heh I wonder what made CrimsonFox bring up a 4 month old thread for a random snarky comment.

Danson has been fine to me, its still CSI (at least the same level of CSI since the Grissom character left), I still enjoy watching it but never give it my full attention, same as always.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was searching for the old Fallout 3 thread that JiMGA told me about and this thread came up. Couldn't resist. Actually it was news that I only recently became aware of because I haven't watched the show since Peterson and Fox left.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #20
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

They should call it CSI:Boston
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
ShaneTheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #21
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster View Post
They should call it CSI:Boston

Yeah, maybe they can even figure out why the Red Sox imploded this year.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote