Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Here's our song...for Whitney Young.....(TCY/FOF)

In honor of Izulde's fantastic dynasties based on High School players in Racine, WI, I want to shift things about 65 miles south. I am basing this dynasty in my HS alma mater, Whitney Young Magnet HS Dolphins. For decades, Whitney Young has been recognized as the top academic high school in the city of Chicago, IL. Some of our esteemed alumni range from former Dallas Cowboys DT Russell Maryland, to Orlando Magic SF Quentin Richardson, to Hollywood producers the Wachowski brothers (of Matrix fame) and finally, First Lady Michelle Obama.

Like in real life, Whitney Young will be academically strong, but athletically weak. I will attempt to follow players from college to the NFL Hall of Fame, hopefully. Wish me luck.

Whitney Young: Academic Prep (100)
Athletic Prep (35)

Sol 8 will be located in Illinois. My dream is to get a WY Dolphin to the NFL and onto stardom. Hopefully the TCY Gods are with me.

Dolemite73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Should be fun to see no matter what. Good luck.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2004 Season

Our first (and only) potential recruit is ILB Dwayne Penman. He is a 6'4" 230lb stud with brains (3.78 GPA and 1452 SAT score), brawn (scouts rate him as 52/100 with very strong zone defense but bad hands for catching INT's) and a good attitude. He is the 73rd ranked player in IL and also the 7th ranked LB. It is a pretty good bet that an Illinois Sucky Conference (ISC) school will snatch him up.

Week One: After 4 games, ILB Dwayne Penman has 33 tackles, 1/2 sack and 2 INT. He also has 2 catches for 11 yds has the 3rd string TE. Decent numbers, but nothing special as of yet. Out the gate, Northern Illinois and Concordia University offer him a free ride. Louisiana-Monroe and North Texas have our kid on their radar, but no offers yet. Good to see our kid in demand so soon. Rivals.com is saying sources have NIU (which has one of his former HS teammate) as the lead dog so far.

Week Three: Seeing the threat that NIU poses, Louisiana-Monroe offers our kid a scholarship. Rivals.com senses that our kid is interested, but NIU has the much better academic grade (72 as opposed to 32 for Louisiana-Monroe) in his major (Differential Equations). NIU is still in the lead.

Week Five: Millikin University jumps into the mix with a scholarship offer. So we have (2) ISC schools, a MAC school and a Sun Belt school wanting our kid (North Texas with a walk-on offer). ILB Dwayne Penman is loving this attention (especially with him not being as talented as the ILB's in front of him. Our sources think this kid will milk this process down to the wire, vice a fast commitment.

Week Six: We can now add Rockford College to the party with an offer. They are still weak academically as compared to NIU. NIU is still the odds on favorite.

Week Seven: Buffalo and Tulane step up with walk on offers. Buffalo is ranked number fourth in the country academically (94), but our kid expects them to come with an offer (and some cash) before he will consider them. Meanwhile, Dwayne Penman dominated the Chicago Public League (CPL) season with 86 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 ints, 8 catches, 96 yds and 1 TD. Not All-State caliber, but very good for the CPL. He should be going on visits real soon.

Week Eight: Add SMU to the parade of schools wanting this academic monster to boost their academic program. No offer, but very strong academics (94). ILB Dwayne Penman is almost embarrassed by the attention he is getting. NIU is still in the lead, but other schools are closing fast.

Week Nine: Visit time! ILB Dwayne Penman has eliminated all of the out of state schools, so the current schools vying for him are NIU, Millikin, Concordia, Rockford and now Augustana College has stepped up with an offer. I would be SHOCKED if our kid does not choose NIU, but Kankakee has a chance as well. Will this carry over a few weeks or is our kid ready to decide his destiny?

Week Ten: ILB Dwayne Penman is still visiting schools and checking to see which school's boosters plan to line his pockets sufficiently to make him decide quicker.

Week Eleven: No changes. All schools are still in contention. Meanwhile, the top two schools in the country are Kansas and Tennessee.

Week Twelve: Well Concordiadecided that ILB Dwayne Penman's illegal financial needs are a bit too step for their blood, so they pull their offer. Hopefully, our kid makes a decision soon before the other schools fold their hands because the kitty is too large.

Week Thirteen: We have a decision!! ILB Dwayne Penman has decided to take his talents to...................

MILLIKIN UNIVERSITY BIG BLUE!!!!!

Wow. Millikin must have some huge pockets to outbid NIU for our kid. I personally think he is making a huge mistake, but we will see. In my universe, Millikin University struggled this year with a 3-8 record. The ILB's on the Big Blue are not very talented (and graduating), so our kid should be able to come in and make an immdiate impact.

Oregon beats Clemson for the BCS title.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-19-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2005 Season

ILB Dwayne Penman (FR) - Millikin University Big Blue
College life is treating Dwayne very well so far. He is very popular, has a pretty girlfirend and is feeling pretty good about himself. After Spring Practice, the scouts rate Dwayne as 15/60. He is slated as the starter, so he has an opportunity to develop and shine immediately.

Unfortunately, Whitney Young has no prospects this year, so we will focus on Dwayne.

Week Two: ILB Dwayne Penman had a decent debut with 2 tackles and 2 assists. Millikin gets blown out by #3 Arizona Wildcats 45-7.

Week Four: ILB Dwayne Penman started the game, but was shuffled in and out all day finishing with just 1 tackle. Millikin SHOCKS the Florida Gators 21-10 with the Big Blue putting up 326 yards of offense against the much superior Gator defense.

Week 5: The Millikin Big Blue get destroyed by the Illinois State Redbirds 51-20, but the main story of the day was ILB Dwayne Penman. He had a huge day with 10 tackles and 6 assists. He was all over the field! A score that shocks me this week is #22 (4-0) Connecticut blasting (1-4) Notre Dame 68-0!!!!!!

Week 6: ILB Dwayne Penman had a average day with 5 tackles and the Millikin Big Blue fall in a squeaker to the Ball State Cardinals 28-24 as the Cardinals score a TD with :45 seconds left in the game. Blowout of the week is #25 (5-0) San Diego State beating (1-5) Rockford College 80-0 with SDSU marching to 711 yds of total offense. Ugh.

Week 7: The Millikin Big Blue lose a heartbreaker to the Benedictine Eagles 17-14. ILB Dwayne Penman was a monster totaling 5 tackles, 6 assist and his 1st INT of the year! Solid game for the Freshman.

Week 8: ILB Dwayne Penman had 8 tackles and 1 assist as the Millikin Big Blue fall to the Concordia Cougars 34-31. The game was not as close as the score indicated as the Big Blue scored 2 very late TD's to make the game closer. The Millikin Big Blue fall to 1-5.

Week 10: ILB Dwayne Penman continues his solid play with 10 tackles and 1 assist as the Big Blue fall to the Augustana Augies 27-19. The Big Blue's defense is presently ranked 119th in the nation. Besides Penman, another player that stands out on this team is QB "Galloping" Gene Van Pelt,a dual threat QB with 902yds passing and 794yds rushing so far.

Week 11: The Millikin Big Blue get their second victory of the year by beating the North Central Cardinals 32-21. ILB Dwayne Penman has a relatively quiet game with 4 tackles. The story of the game was QB "Galloping" Gene Van Pelt. He finished the game with 14/24 229yds passing and 35 carries for 151yds rushing. Dominant game!

Week 12: The Millikin Big Blue got the win of the season by defeating the conference leading (6-3) Elmhurst Bluejays 17-14. The Big Blue kicked the game winning FG with :34 seconds left in the game. ILB Dwayne Penman was pretty quiet with 2 tackles and 2 assists, but he did get his 2nd INT of the year today. Good win.

Week 13: Millikin Big Blue is starting to catch their stride as the destroy the Rockford Regents 49-13. ILB Dwayne Penman seems like he is hitting “the wall”. Another quiet game with 3 tackles and 2 assists. I like his development though. He is going to have a nice career.

Week 14: The Millikin Big Blue lose a their season finale to the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders 35-30. ILB Dwayne Penman finishes out his season with a big game. He got 9 tackles and an assist. He finished the season with:

Tough season for the Millikin Big Blue. ILB Dwayne Penman was recognized on the ISC ALL Academic Team with a GPA of 3.26!! He should be a fun player to watch in the coming years.

Kansas Jayhawks defeats Ole Miss to win the National Championship.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-18-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I like these...I have been setting up my TCY to run one of these for my hometown as well...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I like these...I have been setting up my TCY to run one of these for my hometown as well...

Thanks Macro. I love these as well. I hope to make this one a long one and see what happens.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

also, how do you edit the high schools?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
also, how do you edit the high schools?

I don't think you can. My high school is in the game, luckily.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm not sure that you can either.

Like the start, though.

I was waiting to see if Elmhurst would be included. I was this close to going there as a transfer student as an undergrad (I got accepted), but after I turned in my FASFA, they sent a letter saying they basically thought I was lying and to please provide further documentation of my financial records.

I immediately withdrew my acceptance and added them to the list of schools I despise.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #10
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm not sure that you can either.

Like the start, though.

I was waiting to see if Elmhurst would be included. I was this close to going there as a transfer student as an undergrad (I got accepted), but after I turned in my FASFA, they sent a letter saying they basically thought I was lying and to please provide further documentation of my financial records.

I immediately withdrew my acceptance and added them to the list of schools I despise.

Well Elmhurst is a lightweight in this universe (though they did win the ISC title this year and beat Utah State in their bowl game), so you should take pleasure in that. Hopefully none of the WY Dolphins recruits choose to go their.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-19-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #11
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2006 Season

ILB Dwayne Penman (SO) - Millikin University Big Blue
Dwayne worked out feverishly over the winter and spring putting on 8lbs of weight (now 240lbs) and boosted his rating to 24/61. He is far and away the best LB on the team and should be the stalwart of the Big Blue defense. Hopefully, he can start rushing the passer and being a more complete LB this year.

Again, there are no Whitney Young prospects this year, so we will solely focus on Dwayne.

Week One: The Big Blue’s first game of the season is a marquee regional TV game against the BYU Cougars. ILB Dwayne Penman had a tough game with only 3 tackles 2 assists as Millikin falls to BYU 20-9. Good showing by the Big Blue defense, but the offense was pretty much head in check (199yds).

Week Three: The Millikin Big Blue avenges last year close loss to the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders by defeating the 34-31. The Blue Raiders scored 2 TD’s in the final 4:00 minutes of the 4th quarter to make the score respectable. ILB Dwayne Penman had a good game with 4 tackles, 2 assists and 2 passes defensed.

Week Four: Millikin had a HUGE regional TV game against the #3 Florida State Seminoles. Though the Big Blue kept the score respectful early (down 24-17 at halftime), but the strong Seminole squad defeats the Big Blue 38-17. ILB Dwayne Penman had a very strong game with 6 tackles and 6 assists. He rose to the occasion on this day and hopefully he can keep his intensity up.

Week Five: Millikin struggled all game long against the North Central Cardinals losing 17-7. Huge letdown compared to how strong they played Florida State. ILB Dwayne Penman had his best game of the year with 11 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 pass defensed. Looks like he has finally woken up and will dominate going forward.

Week Six: This week, the Ball State Cardinals dominate the Millikin Big Blue from the opening kickoff 34-9. ILB Dwayne Penman plays like a one man army on defense with 7 tackles and 4 assists. This team really needs an infusion of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Week Seven: ILB Dwayne Penman had a relatively quiet game with 5 tackles and 2 assists as the wheels seem to be coming off the Big Blue bus as they fall to Elmhurst Bluejays 38-3 for their 4th loss in a row. The top two teams in the country so far are Iowa State and Florida State.

Week Eight: The losing continues, as the Millikin Big Blue drop a close one to the Augustana Augies 14-12. ILB Dwayne Penman is still slumping a bit with just 5 tackles and 1 TFL. His lack of pass rushing success is a tad bit disheartening. This has been a long season so far.

Week Nine: The Millikin Big Blue get their second victory of the year by beating the Concordia Cougars 20-13. It feels good for them to get off the snide this week. ILB Dwayne Penman has a decent game with 4 tackles and 3 assists.

Week Eleven: The Millikin Big Blue takes 3 steps backwards this week by getting mauled by the Rockford Regents 41-10. ILB Dwayne Penman has a strong game with 5 tackles, 2 assist, 2 TFLs and the first sack of his career! He is too physically dominant to not be a better pass rusher, so hopefully he will grow in this area.

Week Twelve: Millikin Big Blue notches their biggest win of the season nipping the conference leading (5-3) Illinois State Redbirds 24-20. ILB Dwayne Penman had a quiet day in regards to tackles (1 tackle and 2 assists), but did outstanding work in pass coverage with 3 passes defensed. Big win!!

Week Thirteen: The Millikin Big Blue closes out their rough season with a big 49-17 win against the Benedictine Eagles 49-17. ILB Dwayne Penman finishes out his season with a quiet game. He got 1 tackle, an assist and an interception. He needs to learn how to finish the season stronger. He finished the season with:

The Millikin Big Blue show very little growth, finishing 4-7. Going to be a struggle until they get more talent, I am afraid. ILB Dwayne Penman is again recognized by the ISC as an All-Academic ILB!! He got a 3.37 GPA this year. Kudos to him.

Iowa State beats University of Miami 49-41 in a wild game to win the National Championship.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-19-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2007 Season

ILB Dwayne Penman (JR) - Millikin University Big Blue
Dwayne kind of flattened out in his physical development, which is very disappointing. He rating now sits at 24/61 and he is not realizing his big potential. He will start on the inside, but he is running out of time to maximize his potential. On the good side, he did gain 8lbs (248), so he is a very imposing presence in the middle of the defense. Not many schools in the ISC can match him up the middle.

Our only potential recruit is another physical stud. TE Lincoln Copeland is a 6'6" 255lb man mountain from the west side of Chicago. He has a genius-level IQ (3.72 GPA and 1508 SAT score), is a load to bring down (59/100 rating with a good scout), is outstanding catching the ball in traffic and has a terrific attitude. He is the 49th ranked TE in the nation, 44th in the state of Illinois and is the 3rd ranked TE in Illinois as well. I am guessing this kid will have his pick of the college litter going forward

Week One: No game for Millikin and no contact for TE Lincoln Copeland. Through 5 games, TE Lincoln Copeland has 16 catches, 152 yards and as the RDE, he has 36 tackles and 1.5 sacks. Could this kid be moved to DE once in school? He definitely has the size for it. Maybe this will be something to look for in the future, I guess.

Week Two: Millikin Big Blue start off the seasonwith a bad loss to the BYU Cougars. The final score was 31-9 and ILB Dwayne Penman starts off the season with a good game. He had 6 tackles and 1 assist. The defense played very well through 3 quarters (down only 14-9) until Millikin turnovers in the 4th quarter killed their effort. Hope this defensive effort is a sign of things to come.

No contacts for TE Lincoln Copeland. Slow going as of now.

Week Three: The Millikin Big Blue gets destroyed by the Florida State Seminoles 44-0. Not much went right this game but ILB Dwayne Penman was amazing! He had 11 tackles, 3 assists, a forced fumble and an interception. His best game since he came to Millikin University.
Still no contact for TE Lincoln Copeland. Most likely he has to wait his turn for better TE’s in the state to make their visits.

Week Four: Millikin gets their first victory of the year with a 28-17 win over the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders. ILB Dwayne Penman had a pretty quiet game with 2 tackles and 3 assists. This kids inconsistency is maddening at times.
We finally have a nibble with TE Lincoln Copeland. Concordia College has offered our kid a scholarship. He is expecting more prestigious schools to start wooing him soon.

Week Five: The Illinois State Redbirds avenges last year lose by defeating the Millikin Big Blue 13-10 in OT in what could only be described as a very tight defensive struggle.Millikin battled mightily against the #28 ranked team in the nation and should be proud of their effort. ILB Dwayne Penman was amazingly benched this game for missing his team’s curfew and his lack of consistency. Could his presence have helped to defeat the Redbirds? No one will ever know.

No changes for TE Lincoln Copeland. He is getting a little antsy. Concordia has good academics (40) in his major (architecture), but he is really hoping for a better school.

Week Six: This week, the Ball State Cardinals embarrass the Millikin Big Blue from the opening kickoff 47-15. ILB Dwayne Penman gets back into the good graces of his coach and starts this game. He played well compiling 6 tackles and 2 assists. Hopefully our kid stays on the straight and narrow going forward.

We have another bidder for the services of TE Lincoln Copeland. Benedictine College has submitted an offer now. They are only slightly better than Concordia so there is no clear leader as of this time. He is hoping beyond hope that Northwestern University contacts him.

Week Seven: ILB Dwayne Penman had a very quiet game with 4 tackles and 1 assist as the Millikin Big Blue are annihilated by the Benedictine Eagles 49-0. This team is struggling right now and needs a lift. The top two teams in the country so far are Miami (FL) and Tennessee.

The ISC teams are showing a lot of love for TE Lincoln Copeland, much to his chagrin.North Central has our kid on their radar, but shockingly, they are offering him to walk on. The #49th ranked TE in the country walk on? Ha!!! Credit our kid for due diligence because he is considering their walk on offer because North Central has a really good Architecturaldepartment (74) and that is important to him.

Week Eight: The losing streak finally ends, as the Millikin Big Blue drop a feisty Concordia Cougars 21-19. ILB Dwayne Penman is still slumping with just 2 tackles, 2 assists and 1 TFL. I am quickly losing faith that this kid will play with any intensity on a consistent basis.

Well the visits are now occurring and TE Lincoln Copeland has five schools interested in him as of right now. Millikin University and Rockford College have stepped up with walk on offers. TE Lincoln Copeland is currently visiting the schools that have offered him a scholarship, Benedictine and Concordia. If no other schools swoop in, I am predicting Benedictine has the lead as of now.

Week Nine: The Millikin Big Blue off this week. Hopefully they are working on some new defensive schemes.

Hallelujah!!! TE Lincoln Copeland now has walk-on offers from Texas A&M and…………..Northwestern University!! Decisions, decisions, decisions. He is still visiting Benedictine and Concordia, but he really has some decisions to make now. Northwestern has the best Architectural program in the nation. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Week 10: The Millikin Big Bluehave a two game winning streak with their destruction of the Augustana Augies 35-13. ILB Dwayne Penman continues his “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” routine with 3 tackles, 1 assist and 1 pass defensed. If he keeps this up, I can see him coming off of the bench very soon.

Just as quickly as Northwestern and Texas A&M jump into the picture, they jump right of the picture. Sigh. TE Lincoln Copeland now has offers from Millikin University, Rockford College, Benedictine, Rockford and Concordia. He is currently visiting them now. Would be very cool to have two WY Dolphins at Millikin, but I think North Central win this race at the moment. Their Architectural program is very strong.

Week Eleven: The Millikin Big Blue takes a step backwards this week by getting losing a nail biter in OT to the North Central Cardinals 20-14. ILB Dwayne Penman has a pretty weak game with 2 tackles and 2 assist. More of the same. I predict he will not start next year unless he develops a lot.

We have a decision!!! After weeks of contemplation, TE Lincoln Copeland has decided to take his skills to………..

NORTH CENTRAL CARDINALS!!!
In his press conference, TE Lincoln Copeland said “I just felt more comfortable in this environment. My education is very important to me and North Central College has a wonderful architectural program. I hope to come in and help this team in the future.” No surprise here. Once Northwestern dropped their offer, North Central made the most sense. He will have just a SR in front of him next year, so he should be a big part of their offense in the future.

Week Twelve: Millikin Big Blue plays the #29 Elmhurst Bluejays and go down to defeat 31-19. ILB Dwayne Penman had a decent day with 5 tackles and 2 assists. Can he have one more breakout day for the year? We’ll see next week.

Week Thirteen: The Millikin Big Blue closes out their rough season with a big 19-9 victory on the road at (6-3) Rockford Regents. The Big Blue avenge last year’s shellacking they took from the Rockford team. ILB Dwayne Penman finishes out his season with 4 tackles and a forced fumble. If he expects to get looked at by the NFL next year, he MUST step up.
He finished the season with:

For the third year in a row, the Millikin Big Blue muddle along, finishing 4-7. Will actually feel good to have another team to chronicle next year.

Oregon beats University of Miami 41-36 in another wild BCS game to win the National Championship.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-19-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

A little admin note. Since I have two players and teams to track now, I won't be doing a week by week replay of the games. I will post their respective player cards with the score and stats and post a few bullets of interesting things that happened that week. I will still do week by week replay of recruiting.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2008 Season
ILB Dwayne Penman tried to work a little harder this off season and improved his skills to 29/62. Unfortunately, he is now a 2nd string ILB because the starter sits at 40/40. So much potential wasted here. Nevertheless, he is still very popular on the team and has a wonderful attitude, so his peers vote him as a Co-Captain of the team. Hopefully, he can get some run this year and get a few NFL scouts to look at him. He is now 6’4” and 254lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. If the NFL is not in his future, I am sure he could go to the WWE and make his millions wrestling there.

TE Lincoln Copeland is extremely happy to be a North Central Cardinal. He is adapting to college life well and is excited about his reserve role knowing he will get plenty of playing time this year. I personally like this kid a lot and expect big things from him.

There are no Whitney Young Dolphin prospects this year, so focus will be on the Millikin Big Blue and the North Central Cardinals.

Week One: No games for ILB Dwayne Penman and TE Lincoln Copeland.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Two:

Whoa. For these two teams to take down Big Ten powerhouses is amazing. North Central went into Columbus, OH in front of 99,800 screaming Buckeye fans and smoked them. North Central was ahead 38-14 in the 4th quarter for heaven’s sake!! ILB Dwayne Penman barely played and TE Lincoln Copeland was in for 3 pass plays.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Three:

Well after one game of barely playing, ILB Dwayne Penman started. Seems like the Millikin Big Blue switched from a 4-3 base defense to a 3-4 base after one week. Well, looking at the score of this game, maybe that switch was not very prudent. North Central continues celebrating their huge victory during their bye week.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Four:

Another start, another meh performance by ILB Dwayne Penman. North Central could not pull off another shocker in Manhattan, KS on national TV. TE Lincoln Copeland is mainly playing in two TE sets right now.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-19-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Good ol' D3 schools playing big time. Love it.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #19
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Five:

ILB Dwayne Penman is such a maddening player. He has basically laid an egg for about 8 straight games and then he breaks out with a performance as noted above. TE Lincoln Copeland snags his first catch of the season. North Central looks like a really good team (thier QB is 61/67 and is carrying them right now) and may challenge for the ISC Title.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Six:

Did I say maddening? I am ready to classify ILB Dwayne Penman as a coach killer. Could you imagine being this kid's LB coach? He seems to float through games. North Central has another bye this week.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #21
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Seven:

Pretty typical game for ILB Dwayne Penman with one exception. The INT he caught, he returned 83 yards for a TD! Like I said, he drives me crazy.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #22
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Eight:

Would you believe me if I told you that this game was TIED 24-24 with 5:00 left in the 4th quarter? Huge collapse in the waning minutes of the game against the ISC leader Illinois State.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #23
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Nine:

Defensively, Millikin has been pretty strong this for the most part, the soft play of ILB Dwayne Penman notwithstanding. North Central has struggled for three games in a row. Hopefully, they can find a win soon.

Week Ten:

ILB Dwayne Penman continues his confusing, underwhelming play and Illinois State continues is march through the ISC patsies. Millikan was embarrassed on regional TV to add insult to injury as well. I am thinking TE Lincoln Copeland should have been redshirted this year.

Week Eleven:

ILB Dwayne Penman uninspired, inconsistent play has earned him another seat on the bench. He did not play one play against Benedictine. TE Lincoln Copeland injured his triceps and is out for the next four games. I am hoping he is redshirted. This year has been wasted for him. I am surprised North Central hung as tough as they did against SDSU. I hate SDSU winning that game by 50+ points.

Week Twelve:

Starting job now officially taken away, ILB Dwayne Penman comes off of the bench and wreaks havoc for exactly 2 plays (run and pass). Why he can’t give this kind of production when he is starting in mind-boggling.

Week Thirteen:

ILB Dwayne Penman ends his college career unceremoniously. He got in for 1 running play and that was all. Assuming he gets no love at the draft combine, he will most likely take his talents to the WWE and make a zillion dollars as the next wrestling superstar. His final stats were: 174 tackles, 76 assists, 16 TFL’s, 2 sacks, 2 int, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fum recoveries and 1 TD. Such a waste of talent.

Week 14:

TE Lincoln Copeland spent the rest of the year hurt. I am hoping he really works hard this winter and spring and comes in a much better prepared player. He definitely has potential.

Virginia Tech defeats Purdue 41-38 in yet another wild BCS Championship game.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

It's sucky from a tracking standpoint, but awesome from a story standpoint, how Penman turned total slackerass.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #25
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
It's sucky from a tracking standpoint, but awesome from a story standpoint, how Penman turned total slackerass.

That is why TCY is an awesome game. He had really good potential, but never harnessed it effectively. Then you will have the kid with low potential that will work himself into a stud.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #26
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2009 Season:

Well, well, well. It seems like our man impressed a few NFL scouts. I am amazed. Here is his scouting report:

MLB Dwayne Penman – Millikin Big Blue
Chicago, IL native started for 3 and a half years. Very Intelligent and knows where to be on the field. Very raw with decent endurance for a player his size (6’4” 260lbs). Does not seem to love the game. Looks the part, but college numbers were disappointing. Very risky.
Grade - 3.3 (3.2 Adjusted) – UDRFA

Penman was not drafted, nor was he picked up by any teams. He is pretty much done and onto another life after the gridiron.

TE Lincoln Copeland hit the gym hard over the offseason and has improved to 31/81. Huge jump and hopefully he will get more playing time. He is still behind a Senior, so next year should be his year to shine. He is very happy, has a 4.00 GPA and is popular on the team.

No incoming recruits, so TE Lincoln Copeland and the North Central Cardinals are the only game in town.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #27
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Am I the only one seeing blurry spreadsheets the last few posts? Other than that, great dynasty!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #28
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Am I the only one seeing blurry spreadsheets the last few posts? Other than that, great dynasty!

I screwed up the format of them when I converted them from Excel. Will make sure the next batch are better.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #29
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Two:

Want to know how ugly this game got? Iowa State scored 42 points in the 2nd quarter. Iowa State’s 2nd string QB threw for 285 yds (the starter ONLY got 230yds). TE Lincoln Copeland was just in for 1 pass play. Nothing much to report on that.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #30
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Three:

Well The North Central Cardinals played a little bit better. TE Lincoln Copeland got a little more playing time. He was in for 6 passing plays and 16 running plays.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #31
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Four:

Would you believe that North Central was only trailing 10-3 going into the 4th quarter? Kansas State’s superior depth eventually did in the Cardinals. I know the North Central coaching staff will appreciate NOT playing power conference school in the near future. They just can’t compete. Ever since they upset the Ohio State Buckeyes last year, they are 0-6 against teams outside the ISC. TE Lincoln Copeland had a quiet game with 6 pass plays and 4 run plays. He is content with his playing time knowing he will be the starter next year.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #32
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Five:

Our old friends the Millikin Big Blue destroy our Cardinals. The Big Blue offense scores 31 points in the 2nd half to run away with the game. TE Lincoln Copeland had a yet another uneventful game with 8 pass plays and 5 run plays. He actually got a pass thrown his way but dropped it, unfortunately.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #33
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Seven:

Things are starting to get ugly here at North Central. Their 2nd half defense was terrible as usual (18 2nd half points allowed this game) and their offense is unable to sustain drives. TE Lincoln Copeland was ineffective with no catches, 5 pass plays and a run play.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #34
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Eight:

Another game, another loss. The good news is TE Lincoln Copeland finally got a catch! He was also in on 5 running plays as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #35
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Nine:

After a 35 yd FG extends the lead to 19-7 (9:30 left in the 4th quarter), North Central was pretty sure they would finally get their first victory of the year. During the subsequent kickoff, The Rockford Regents return the ball 88yds for a touchdown, to make the game 19-14. Uh-oh. Then Rockford gets another TD and with the successful 2pt conversion, they go ahead 22-19. While trying to eat time off of the clock, Rockford fumbles the ball with :41 seconds left on the clock in the 4th Quarter. Two quick passes, and North Central has the ball on their own 32yd line. Make-able FG, then get the game to OT, right? Wrong. The idiot kicker misses the FG. Game over. 0-7. Meanwhile, TE Lincoln Copeland grabs another catch and plays 13 total plays (8p, 5r). And those bastards Elmhurst Bluejays are presently 8-0 and are ranked #5th in the nation. So much for them not being a power, eh Izulde? Sorry Dude.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #36
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Eleven:

Rough year for the North Central Cardinals. Will they win a game this year? I am predicting they won’t. But I am so hoping they pull off the shocker of the season and beat the #5 Elmhurst Bluejays in a couple of weeks. TE Lincoln Copeland grabs another catch and plays 6 total plays (3p, 3r). He is still happy as hell to be here (99 Happiness). What the heck are you so happy about? Your stinking team is 0-8 for pete's sake! Must be that girlfriend of his.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #37
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 12:

Yes!!!! The Cardinals finally win. And in very convincing matter as well. For a second there, I just knew they were going winless. Would not have compared to Auburn and California. They have not won a game in 23 and 22 games, respectively. TE Lincoln Copeland did not get a catch and only played 5 plays (2p, 3r).
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #38
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 13:

This season can not end soon enough. The only bright spot from this game is that they covered the spread (Elmhurst was a 41 point favorite). TE Lincoln Copeland got his most extensive playing time of the season, getting 19 plays (10r, 9p). He was targeted twice and even got a special team tackle.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #39
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14:

Gladly this forgettable season is over. TE Lincoln Copeland ends his season with a few catches and hopefully, he makes a huge leap next year. He still has tons of potential. In BCS news, #4 Elmhurst finished the season 11-0 but are about to get screwed over because they play in the ISC. The two top teams (South Florida and Tennessee) both have one loss. So the only undefeated team in college football gets the shaft. Nice.

I spoke too soon.................

Oklahoma defeats ELMHURST 34-7 for the BCS Championship. Holy S***!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #40
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2010 Season

Well seems like our manTE Lincoln Copeland has the same "disease" ILB Dwayne Penman had. He just won't stinking develop! After a full offseason of an internship, dating and sitting on his couch, Copeland is sitting on a 30/82 rating. He is the starting TE, but I expected so much more here. It seems like his mind is solely on his studies (3.93 GPA) and not his football career. Will be interesting to see if he takes full advantage of his starting role or if he pisses it away like past Whitney Young Dolphins. I will say that Copeland is freaking huge now (6'6" 273lbs). That is one kind-sized TE.

On the prospect front, we have two WY Dolphins:

DT Alan Cooley - 2/100.....next.........

FB Richie Weigle - 48/100
Now this one has nice potential. He is the 71st ranked FB in the nation, 97th in the state in Illinois and the 3rd ranked FB in the state. He is the your typical Whitney Young brainiac (3.96 GPA and 1477 SAT) and has good size for a high schooler (6'0" 215lbs). He had a good temperament and wants to study medicine. If Northwestern Universitycomes calling, I think this kids jumps on it.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #41
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week One:

TE Lincoln Copeland first start was very productive. I hope this is a good sign of things to come. He was 0/1 in key run blocks.

No news on the recruiting front. I expect FB Richie Weigle to get lots of attention.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #42
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Two:

No game this week.

No recruiting news for FB Richie Weigle either.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #43
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Three:

Heck of a game by the North Central defense. They have played two very strong teams surprisingly well. I am hoping this is a nice prelude for ISC play in a few weeks. TE Lincoln Copeland was thrown too 5 times and you see the result. Very ugly game. Are we in for a weekly roller coaster with this player?
No schools looking at FB Richie Weigle so far.

Week Four:

After 3 years, TE Lincoln Copeland has finally gotten a TD! Only negative was he also got a dropped pass as well. Nothing more of note besides the relatively good defense the team is playing. When ISC play begins next week, I expect North Central to have a better season as compared to last year.

FB Richie Weigle finally has a suitor and it is a strong one. Arizona State has offered our kid a scholarship. Though their Pre-Med is kind of weak (Good 45), this is a premier program that he has to seriously consider.

Week Five:

North Central gets their first victory of the year. TE Lincoln Copeland even got in on the run blocking with a key run block as well.

No other schools added this week. Arizona State is still the only game in town right now.I am sort of surprised by the lack of attention ISC schools have shown FB Richie Weigle so far. I expect that to change soon though.

Week Six:

No game this week. One notable thing that happened was after a 15 game winning streak, #6 Elmhurst was beaten by Air Force 30-7. Yes!!!

FB Richie Weigle now has another school after him. Marshall University jumps into the fray with a scholarship offer as well. Marshall has a better Pre-Med program (Good 56) so I will put them into the lead so far. Still no ISC schools on the list.

Week Seven:

Close game! Benedictine won the game on a TD with 3:05 left in the 4th quarter. North Central had one final chance, but with the ball on their own 46 yard line with 1:01 left in the 4th quarter, they threw an interception to shut the door on their chances. TE Lincoln Copeland had a very eventful game, especially on special teams. He notched 2 big tackles plus a forced fumble.

No new schools on the radar this week. Still kinda weird that there are no ISC schools on his list yet. FB Richie Weigle finished his high school season withfollowing stats:
58 carries 275 yards 3 TD
26 catches 357 yards 2 TD

Week Eight:
Again, no game this week.

FB Richie Weigle is currently visiting Arizona State and Marshall. Still no ISC schools are interested. Think they have been told don’t bother?

Week Nine:

Looks like North Central is falling into the same bad habits as last year. They were in the game until they gave up 17 unanswered points in the 4th quarter. They need to learn how to stay strong in the 4th quarter going forward. Very good game by TE Lincoln Copeland. He is showing that he can play and he is being pretty consistent this year.

While visiting Arizona State, FB Richie Weigle is turned off by the entire vibe of the college campus and state of Arizona for that matter. He is so perturbed by what he experiences; he tells them in no uncertain terms that he will not attend their school. They immediately pull their offer. He is still visiting Marshall, so unless an Illinois school swoops in with a huge offer, I predict he will be a Thundering Herd sooner rather than later.

Week Ten:

Ugly game. Nothing went right. More of the same. TE Lincoln Copeland was benched this game for violating team rules. He only played 1 running play.

Wow. Looks like Marshall got tired of waiting for an answer from FB Richie Weigle and pulled their offer. He currently has no school recruiting him right now. Very strange.

Week 11:

I sense another one win season for the hapless North Central Cardinals. Just pathetic. TE Lincoln Copeland got his starting job back, but shared a lot of time with the 2nd string TE. Pretty tame numbers considering his benching last week. I figured he would come out on fire this week.

No schools on FB Richie Weigle list. Not even a walk-on offer. Think he may give up football for medical school? It may be looking that way.

Week 12:

Nice win by North Central. Looks like TE Lincoln Copeland has let his little benching incident get into his head. He is playing like garbage now. Well the good news is North Central won’t finish with one victory like the last two years.

No schools for FB Richie Weigle. Coming down to the wire for him.

Week 13:

North Central has their first 2 game winning streak in 3 years! Looks like this program is establishing a little momentum going into next season. This would be a good thing for TE Lincoln Copeland’s Senior year. Copeland had a nice 29 yard gain up the seam this game. Longest reception of his career.

Well we finally have some movement for FB Richie Weigle. Kent State and Rockford College have offered our kid scholarships. These two schools have very poor Pre-Med programs (20 and 16 respectively), but at this stage of the game, beggars cannot be choosers. I am predicting Rockford gets his commitment.

Week 14:

North Central finishes the season with a big 3 game winning streak. I am sort of excited about next year. Should be interesting if this team can keep this momentum going. All in all, a pretty pedestrian season for TE Lincoln Copeland. With his potential, he will have some NFL scouts eyeing him next year, so it is crucial for him to put in the work to improve during the offseason.

We have a decision!! After a very long and stressful recruitment, FB Richie Weigle chooses……….

ROCKFORD REGENTS!!!!!!

No surprise here. After the Marshall offer fell through, our kid was pretty desperate. There are a bunch of underclassmen in front of Weigle at Rockford, so I suspect he will be riding the pine for a while in Rockford.

Tennessee defeats San Diego State 51-21 in the BCS Championship game.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-20-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #44
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2011 Season

TE Lincoln Copeland worked out like a demon during the offseason! He is now rated at 48/82. He is far and away the top TE and is entrenched as the starter. I sense he will have a very big year and he could be our first Whitney Young Dolphin who is drafted come draft time.

FB Richie Weigle is presently rated at 13/65. Not bad really, but due to the far superior upperclassmen at the FB position, Rockford decides to redshirt him for the year.

No Whitney Young prospects this year, so we get to enjoy the maturation and the final year of TE Lincoln Copeland.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #45
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week One:

The North Central game was not as close as the score indicates. North Central scored 2 TD’s late to make the score a little more respectable. Breakout game for TE Lincoln Copeland. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. A TE with his size (6’6” 280lbs), should be able to dominate.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #46
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Two:

The North Central defense dominated this game. Kentucky scored a touchdown with a minute left on an 80 yard INT return TD. Quiet game for TE Lincoln Copeland.

Week Three:

North Central is rolling now. Since last season, they have won 5 of their last 6 games. TE Lincoln Copeland was targeted one, but no catches. Not sure how he was thrown 7 times in his breakout game a couple of weeks ago, but only 1 this game.

Week Four:

Neither North Central or Rockford has have games this week.

Week Five:

Bad loss for North Central. They allowed Rockford to score 24 points in the second quarter off of 3 interceptions. Game over. TE Lincoln Copeland scores his first TD of the year.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-21-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #47
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week Six:

No game for North Central.

Week Seven:

Great win for North Central. Best win in over two seasons. Ahead 17-14 late in the 4th quarter, North Central scored two big scores to ice the game for good. More mediocrity from TE Lincoln Copeland. In fairness to him though, his QB is terrible and does a poor job of getting him the ball.

Week 8:

North Central has another week off.

Week 9:

North Central is really a lot stronger this year than in the past. TE Lincoln Copeland has another big day. It seems like if the QB actually looks for him in the passing game, good things will happen. He was 0/1 on key run blocks, but this is really not a strength of his right now.

Week 10:

Very tough game for North Central. It must be very heartening for the coaching staff to see how far North Central has come though. This team is playing teams tough this year. TE Lincoln Copeland was quiet for the most part. This kid has some roller coaster tendencies of past Whitney Young Dolphins. He is still ecstatic with his college career and has a 3.97 GPA. If he does not have a pro career, I can bet he will become one hell of an Architect.

Week 11:

If North Central keeps winning like this, they just may become nationally ranked. #21 Elmhurst and #25 Illinois State are our only ranked teams. Could the ISC have three soon? TE Lincoln Copeland with another TD.

Week 12:

TE Lincoln Copeland must have a big case of senior-itis. He may be costing himself a NFL career though. Maybe the NFL is not something he aspires too. We will see. Good win for North Central. They are beating the teams they are supposed to.

Week 13:

The loss by North Central may just keep them out of a bowl, even though they are bowl eligible. Bad lose at a most critical time. TE Lincoln Copeland has yet another quiet game.

Week 14:

Huge National TV game this week the first TV game of TE Lincoln Copeland college career. Unfortunately, he does not take advantage of this game to impress possible scouts. In a weird scheduling quirk, North Central actually has a 12th game this year. Will see if he impresses.

Week 15:

The entire team laid an egg in this game. TE Lincoln Copeland finishes his career as he started it….very quietly. He does win an honor though......he is voted the ISC 1st Team TE!!! Congrats to him. He is the first Whitney Young Dolphin to be voted to an All-Conference team. I predict he will get looked at for the draft, but go undrafted. He just was not able to consistently play well throughout his career. His career stats were:

Oregon defeats Tennessee 31-28 for the BCS Championship.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #48
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

2012 Season

Unfortunately, TE Lincoln Copeland did not even apply for the draft. He and his girlfriend are getting married and he is going on to graduate school. FB Richie Weigle now jumps onto the forefront as our present Whitney Young Dolphin aiming for gridiron greatness. He worked hard during his redshirt season. He has a 4.00 GPA and is presently 21/66 with his ratings. The starting FB has been suspended for the year, so Weigle should be the 2nd string FB starting the season. With two seniors in front of him, I predict he will start next year.

On the prospect side of the house, we have WR Jessie Hamilton. I seriously doubt he will be recruited as he is not ranked (22/100). He is an outstanding student though (3.78 GPA 1496 SAT), so maybe a school will take a flyer on him to help boost their academic standing. I will keep an eye on him though as stranger things have happened.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-21-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #49
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week One:

Crazy game. Rockford jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter (off of 3 Kentucky turnovers), only to see Kentucky score 24 unanswered points in the 2nd quarter to lead 24-21 at halftime. Kentucky scored a late TD to win 31-21. Surprisingly, FB Richie Weigle did not play.

Week 2:

No game this week.

Week 3:

Down 24-17 going into the 4th quarter, Rockford eventually wilted under the pressure that Rice place upon them. FB Richie Weigle did not play again. The team is running a single back offense, so I do not expect much playing time for the year. Sigh. #15 Elmhurst destroys #25 Wake Forest 45-17 on Wake Forest. Elmhurst is going to go through the ISC like a hot knife through butter.

Week 4:

Another DNP for FB Richie Weigle. Luckily, he is presently content with his playing time and very happy with the school.

Week 5:

Our old friend North Central drops Rockford to 0-4 on the year, with a 19 yard run with 4 second left in the 4th quarter. Tough loss. Yet another DNP for FB Richie Weigle.

Week 6:

Amazing. The #112th ranked team in the country absolutely TROUNCES the 10th ranked team in the country. Has something like this ever occurred in real life?!?!?! As usual, FB Richie Weigle does not play. Yawn.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #50
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 7:

Another win, another DNP for FB Richie Weigle.

Week 8:

Benedictine defeats Rockford on a 56 yard FG for the win. Yes, 56 yards. FB Richie Weigle shook his head in disgust watching the ball float through the uprights. Was he disgusted because they lost or was he disgusted because he did not play?

Week 9:

Elmhurst decided pretty quickly in this game that Rockford was not going to do them what Rockford did to SDSU. Elmhurst thoroughly dominated. FB Richie Weigle does not play. Again.

Week 10:

FB Richie Weigle actually played his first college game! He was in on special teams and did not record any stats. Hopefully he will play more before the season is out.

Week 11:

Rockford wins the game going away. FB Richie Weigle does not play. The coaches giveth and the coaches taketh away. He is starting to become very unhappy with his playing time or lack thereof.

Week 12:

No games played for Rockford. Elmhurst is now ranked #3 in the nation. Another BCS title game?

Week 13:

Big win for Rockford. Hopefully they can carry the momentum of the last two games into the offseason and onto next year. FB Richie Weigle does not play. He is pissed. Will be interesting if he is back next year.

Tennessee defeats Army 49-18 for their 2nd BCS Championship.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.