Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dirty Tricks/Sabotage in MA Gov race?

Cahill files lawsuit alleging dirty political tricks in Mass.

If this is true, this is ratfucking/dirty tricks on a grand scale.

A) Sign on for an independent's bid for the Governor's role, hoping that he'll take more votes away from the incumbent governor then the Republican candidate.

B) When A) Doesn't look like it's going to happen, bribe the independent's choice for Lt Governor to withdraw and endorse the R candidate

C) When B backfires, quit working for the independent candidate and immediately sign on with the R candidate, and start using confidential information learned while WORKING for the independent to attack/smear them.

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Baker's a sleazy fuckhole, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Not saying Deval Patrick is some great governor, but then again it's been a shitty time to be governor with declining tax bases and all...there's not really anything positive he can do.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
BishopMVP
Coordinator

They're idiots if they were sending e-mails and discussing it on something Cahill had access to. The actual actions? Business as usual, especially if it's true that Cahill did not make them sign any sort of NDA or non-compete.

Plus, you know, there's a decent chance he's filing it to distract from the fact he was having state employees do campaign work while on the clock. But I'll wait to see what info comes out.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

What a mess this is. I guess it is what I deserve for getting my hopes up that there might be a decent bi-partisan choice for gov this year that was trying to work with the moderate needs (such as my own views).

In the end it seems half of the camp was still close to their Republican ties and even talking inappropriately with the Baker camp, while the other half was still close to their Democrat ties and talking inappropriately with the Patrick camp.

Based on the news being released this morning, I have to wonder how much all of these staffers even cared about Cahill's chances , or if the entire thing was assumed from the beginning that he wouldn't have a chance to win and so it was their chances to try to just flat out pull votes from their opponent of their choice.

It is weird seeing all of the allegations fly, especially between the two former running mates who clearly are on different sides of the issue now. (Cahill just looks like another Democrat now and Deococo is looking just like another Republican now).

If there was ever a case of the gov election needing the option "None of the Above", this is probably the year.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

agreed. Either I vote for the slimeball who apparently ok'd these stunts, and has run a horrible campaign, or the existing governor, who can't lead a horse to water, never mind the state out of this economic quagmire.

My vote? I vote to stay home on election day
Old 10-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Corrupt politicians...?

In other news, Lance Bass is gay...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Anybody, and I mean anybody, but Patrick