Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Angry The Dark Side Beckons

Darth Wannstedt: ...I'm your father, Kodos. Come, join me, and our Dolphins will rule the football universe together.

Kodos Skywalker: Never! I'll never come to the Dark Side!

Emperor Johnson: But Kodos, we've just gotten Junior Seau. He's a great guy. You love him! And Zach Thomas, we've always had him. And Chris Chambers. And Sam Madison. And Brock Marion. They're all still here, waiting for you to rejoin them.

Kodos: I'll never join you! I'd rather die! You destroyed McDuffie, Shula, and Marino - the holy trinity. I'll never forgive you!

Wannstedt: It is useless to resist, son. Mistakes were made, but still you will come back...

Kodos: But I can go to the Falcons. They've got Vick. All you have to offer me is Jay Fiedler. Or, worse, Brian Griese...

Wannstedt: But we've got Seau, and Thomas. Come now. Join us, and we will win the Super Bowl together...

=======================================

And so the saga continues. How long can I resist the call to rejoin my formerly beloved Dolphins? This sucks. Why'd they have to run Marino and Shula out of town, and destroy McDuffie's career? Why'd they have to ruin everything? Woe is Kodos...

Last edited by Kodos : 04-17-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #2
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
give into the dark side you hoser
Old 04-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's not right to elevate O.J. McDuffie's place in the pantheon simply based on the degree of screwing he got.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
Aylmar
High School Varsity

You must promise that you will never use the name McDuffie in the same sentence as Marino and Shula ever again. Otherwise, you'll be banned from all forms of football for eternity.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:22 PM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Kodos--

It's simple. Haven't you seen the bracelets? WWLCD? What Would Larry Czonka Do?

If Larry Czonka would cheer for this team, you can support them as a Dol-fan. If Larry Czonka would not cheer for this team, then the time is not right.

Look deep into your heart--the answer is to be found there.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 02:23 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

It's not right to elevate O.J. McDuffie's place in the pantheon simply based on the degree of screwing he got.

No, I just really like him. I love Penn State (which elevates his standing), and he was just a solid third-down receiver and a likable guy. It was his unselfishness that ultimately screwed him (just like in Terrell Davis' story). I realize that I like him more than others may, but McDuffie was one of my favorite players ever. The way they ruined his career by telling him his injury wasn't that serious was horrid. Talk about sacrificing the long term for a short term gain.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-17-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #7
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Marino (a very loyal guy when it came to some people) put McDuffie on that plane when he put OJ shoulder to shoulder with the Marks brothers and Nat Moore.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #8
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Kodos, I am your father.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 04-17-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #9
DataKing
Pro Rookie

ROFL!

Poor, poor Kodos.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 04-17-2003 at 03:22 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I had similiar feelings about Tom Coughlin. I mean, he made my team what it was, but he was a royal dick and ultimatley ruined everything he had created. So, do I love him or hate him?

Ultimately, I celebrate the Jaguars, and that Coughlin was a coach was just something I dealt with. But I remained loyal to the Jaguars and what they stood for, despite a head coach who became the enemy.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #11
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it could be worse - you could be a Cowboys fan.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:56 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Draft Dodger
it could be worse - you could be a Cowboys fan.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!!!! Let's not take this too far!
Old 04-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #13
Airhog
Captain Obvious

it could be really bad, you could hate any team that isnt in cincinatti

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:14 PM   #14
AgPete
College Prospect

As a fan of your favorite team, the beloved Dallas Cowboys, I've gone through similar circumstances. God...I mean Tom Landry, was fired. Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman had departures like Marino. Still, as much as I admire the players and coaches, I support the team, not individual names. Players and coaches come and go but the team always stays the same. (Unless you're a Browns, Colts, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, etc., etc. fan! ) Are you a Falcons fan now? Even if the Cowboys somehow pissed me off forever, I'd never become another team's fan.

Last edited by AgPete : 04-17-2003 at 09:15 PM.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:23 PM   #15
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I guess my fanhood isn't as strongly rooted as it is for others. Just this one bad Jets offseason (and bone-headed management) have made me consider jumping ship. I still love football regardless, and I'm not sure rooting for a specific team makes it any more or less fun.

go texans.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:44 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

My fanhood has always been based around players, not what city the team plays for. Marino-Shula was the greatest era for me, alas, never to be repeated or matched, I'm afraid. I would gladly forego any other team I liked ever winning anything again, if I could just have seen Marino and Shula win the Super Bowl together.

It reminds me of that country song: "Try not to think about what might have been..."

As for the Falcons, they were my team before Marino went to Miami. I'm trying to go back to them, but it's hard after rooting for the Fins for almost 2 decades. No other team feels quite right.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-17-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:48 PM   #17
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Marino never won a Super Bowl? Wow.

Never?

Like "not once"?

Really?

That's gotta hurt.

I wonder who told me he was a good QB?

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 04-17-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:52 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'd hate to have to use the auto-cannon on you.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:10 AM   #19
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Kodos, As a lifelong Vikings fan I feel your pain. I grew up in the Fran Tarkenton, Bud Grant era. Then Bud left and we had to deal with Rabbit-Face Burns, then the Hershel Walker trade, then the 15-1 season and the loss to Atlanta in the NFC Championship game...ATLANTA!. Now we have idiot boy Randy Moss.....:sigh:

Yet I still love my Vikes.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:14 AM   #20
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by AgPete
As a fan of your favorite team, the beloved Dallas Cowboys, I've gone through similar circumstances. God...I mean Tom Landry, was fired. Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman had departures like Marino. Still, as much as I admire the players and coaches, I support the team, not individual names. Players and coaches come and go but the team always stays the same. (Unless you're a Browns, Colts, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, etc., etc. fan! ) Are you a Falcons fan now? Even if the Cowboys somehow pissed me off forever, I'd never become another team's fan.

Amen...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:48 AM   #21
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's a weird thing, rooting for a uniform.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:51 AM   #22
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand
It's a weird thing, rooting for a uniform.

I just root for the socks. Just the left sock to be honest.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #23
JeeberD
General Manager

It's not just rooting for a uniform. I couldn't stand to be one of those people who root for the hottest thing to come along and then change favorites once someone better come along. Following a team gives a person a sense of history. There may be times has to purge and has to sign a bunch of new players, but a real fan will still follow the team, learn about these new players, and they will soon grow dear to his heart.

I was born into a Dallas Cowboys family. I've seen good times and I've seen bad times. These past few years have been tough in Cowboys-land, but that will just make it sweeter when we return to the top. I could never even imagine rooting for anyone other than my beloved silver and blue...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #24
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

If it was just rooting for a uniform, I would never root for the Cowboys on the road. I can't stand their road unis plus they lose constantly in them.

As for Kodos, just pick the team with one of the better records at the end of the regular season then proclaim you were rooting for them... no one will know the difference.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #25
Franklinnoble
Banned

I'm a die-hard Redskins fan just waiting for Joe Gibbs to come out of retirement...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:17 PM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
If it was just rooting for a uniform, I would never root for the Cowboys on the road. I can't stand their road unis plus they lose constantly in them.

As for Kodos, just pick the team with one of the better records at the end of the regular season then proclaim you were rooting for them... no one will know the difference.

Our treaty is over then, Horned?
Old 04-18-2003, 12:23 PM   #27
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Heh the Security Council had a meeting and declared that was a retaliatory strike for the braintrust draft comment.

I will go back to my hole now. We have done surprisingly well for 4 months.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:31 PM   #28
Buzzbee
College Starter

{Begin dream sequence}

In best Obi-Wan voice

Use the force Kodos. Feel the excitement that Vick can bring. Remember the 170+ yards rushing by a Quarterback. Visualize those red helmets and uni's of years gone by. You can hear them calling...Bartkowski, Andrews, Van Note, "White Shoes". Feel in your heart what you know to be true. Beware the dark side. It will tempt you with trades for aging veterans. The success will be shortlived and draw you further down the dark path. Retirements will lead to [more] mediocrity and dashed playoff dreams. The dark side is evil. Go Falcons.

{End dream sequence}
Old 04-18-2003, 12:35 PM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks, Obi! To quote Weird Al:

"Now I'm not the kind that would argue with Ben, so it looks like I'm gonna start all over again with my Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo-Yoda!"

Saint Riggs also urges me to rejoin the Atlanta Alliance.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:00 PM   #30
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

We don't need you Kodos.